Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Kal HO Na Hoo... 
I donno but i like it a lot, when ever i feel down or so , jut happen to watch full movie or clips of it, miss these kind of movies sand actors 
abjbdishiuw thumbnail
Bullet Raja!
I haven't seen a movie since forever..and a friend of mine who rarely likes any Hindi movie said it was darn good! So I expected a lot! and was a little disappointed!
It's a good movie..I am not a masala movie fan..not coz I think I'm too cool for the genre but coz I just don't enjoy it! I like movies with a political setting..this was sorta mixture of both! Sonakshi has been so disappointing post Lootera..she's a pretty face but I can't see her go beyond this! Just can't! Saif-He's such a brilliant actor! He was brilliant! I was a little skeptical about this role, but he was amaaazing! I think I'm going to fangirl over him for a few days..and no him looking ugly didn't matter! Jimmy-such an underrated actor..wish there was more of him! And the supporting cast was good too-Babbar and Kishan specially! As much as I think Jamwal is hot, I didn't see any point of his character-other than showing his action moves! Big thumbs down there! Sonakshi and Jamwal should just not have been there:/

The story is a rehash of the old AB Sr movies..it's like a modern day Sholay with plenty of references and parallels for someone as slow as me to be able to pick up! their's plenty of Bangla being spoken-all you Bongs on the forum, that's one pretty language! And there was so many loose ends! raja and devika(?)'s love story is the weirdest! whatever happened to her talk of replacing rudra? it'd have been interesting to see a female goonda!

Paan singh tomar references and a special appearance by Mahi Gill=Dhulia movie!
2.5/5
+1 for the Dedh Ishqiya trailer and the ali-yami movie trailer! 
So excited about the Naseer Saab-Arshad-VB combine returningšŸ˜³
Edited by FullyFaltoo. - 10 years ago
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
I, Me aur Main
My brother was watching this on Neflix and I joined him and I regret doing that. It was a pure headache because I can't go past John's ridiculous acting and Prachi's weird dialogue delivery. Only good thing was that chitrangandha looked really sexy. 

PS: F* whoever come up with that who's the best dialogue. Gave me a migraine..
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

^  I found the story balanced (Though... totally Pyaar ke Side Effects-esque). Chit & Mini were the best part. Could have been better if they had replaced John & Prachi with better actors.

Edited by eeyoretel - 10 years ago
__smita__ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
anyone watched R rajkumar..?i want to know how the movie is??
__smita__ thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
i even once tried to watch but i left it in the middle..and how can they replace john..he was the prodeucer of this movie..
-iktaara- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: eeyoretel

^  I found the story balanced (Though... totally Pyaar ke Side Effects-esque). Chit & Mini were the best part. Could have been better if they had replaced John & Prachi with better actors.

Yup, the story has the potential but actors totally ruined it. If this was acted by some real actors with less annoying dialogues, could have been so much better! 
.Anamika. thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

R...Rajkumar

I'm not a fan of violent/action movies. And especially Prabhu Deva ones. The ones where the hero punches in the air and magically, 10 men around him fall on the floor unconscious or even dead. But I really wanted to watch this for Shahid.  For a baby-faced guy like him, I didn't know how I could take him seriously as a gangster/goon. But he did the "maar, maar, maar, pyaar, pyaar, pyaar" thing pretty well.

Sonakshi as Chanda: I loved her entry scene with her smashing bottles on guys. I thought for a minute, "Wow, here's a girl that can fight and kick some serious butt! Doesn't need any hero!" But when the time comes for Romeo to fight, she stands there watching, helplessly. Their love story had it's decent moments. But if you imagine anybody else besides Shahid Kapoor in the scenario, the guy would be a stalker. But the hero's allowed to be a stalker. It's Bollywood after all.

I hate how Chanda was more of a reward for the men to fight over. What really bothers me about a movie like R...Rajkumar is that it looks like harmless fun on the outside but is very regressive in reality.  Chanda doesn't stand up for herself and does depend on a man at the end. Without her Romeo, she accepts her doomed future and decides to marry the villain. And then the terrible item song with Sonu Sood... The comic portions with Sonu trying to say things in English was not funny. It was embarrassing to watch. And Romeo calls her "Lollipop"... 

Overall, if you're a fan of the typical masala movies, you'll probably like this one. I guess I have a feminist streak in me? I dunno...But I found some serious misogynistic views in the movie. 2/5 mostly for the actors for handling these characters to the best of their abilities. 

PS. If anyone is a fan of Dance India Dance, I'm so glad that Prabhu Deva gave Prince a special appearance in the movie! That was probably the highlight of the movie for me.

TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4

Goliyon Ki Raasleela Ram Leela: If asked to describe this movie in one word it would be-meh!
I went for this movie with a lot of expectations but was completely disappointed. The director failed connect the dots together properly especially in the second half. A lot has been said about the story so I wont get into that. I'll just write about the weird happennings in the movie:
-Its strange that Ram Leela dont know each other in a small village even if Ram was away for many years.
-Leela is the only female who displays so much cleavage. Other women are completely covered in public. Why?
-The policeman can be bribed with po*n CDs. He is apparently not afraid of betraying Dhankor Baa who is one of the most powerful women in the village. So much for power!
-After Ram and Leela are apprehended and seperated Ram makes no effort to contact Leela. His reasons are unclear...he says people close to him object. When did he care for what people close to him think?
-Ram and Leela's bitter negotiations after Dhankor Baa is shot dont make sense. She knows he wouldnt have attempted to kill her mother...so why bitterness?
-Leela's finger is cut off...even Ram apparenly cuts off his finger...but nothing is made of that.
-Why does Leela have to dress up like Dhankor Baa to take her place? Is it some fancy dress
-When did the two clans wait for signed orders to kill people?
-If Ram and Leela were anyways going to kill each other as their clans were fighting why didnt they do it before?
-As cheifs of their clans they could have ended the fued...why dont they?

I felt the movie was probably longer but was badly edited with some crucial scenes being chopped off and too many songs retained.

The best part of the movie were the performances esp Ranveer's bits with Supriya. Deepika did a fine job. So did Richa and Supriya.

I rate the movie 2.5/5.
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Goynar Baksho(Bengali): Saw this movie recently on TV. Its a tale of 3 women from 3 different generations ina  zamindar family and their relationship vis a vis a goynar baksho(jewellery box). The movie starts with the marriage of the main protagonist played by Konkona Sen Sharma and death of her aunt in law referred to as pishima(father's sister) played by Maushami Chatterjee around the time India got her Independence. Pishima was a child widow and the box of jewels are hers which was given to her during her marriage. She continued staying with her family after she was widowed and zealously guarded her jewels from her brothers and their families admidst them losing their wealth due to changing times and decadence of the family members. After pishima dies she appears as a ghost to Konkona's character and orders her to hide the box. Later on with the help of pishima's jewels and her own common sense Konkana is able to change the fortunes of her family and restore it to former glory. The story in the end moves on to Konkona's daughter who inherits pishima's jewels and like her mother is able to communicate with pishima's ghost. The story ends with pishima advising her her grand niece to give away her jewels to Mukti Bahini who fought to liberate Bangladesh in 1971 and Konkona's daughter giving her mother what was hers...that is letters from a man who loved her and died because he could never have her.
The film starts off well...on the surface its a ghost comedy but with lots of layers to it. Like how society has different rules for men and women, the expectations from women and the way she is supposed to conduct herself doesnt take into account her wishes or desires. Hence her goynar baksho is the only succour for pishima in her colorless life. But then we see changes in times and how women have become more assertive than their grandmothers were. Towards the end though the movie meanders much like daily soaps when writers run out of stories and move on to the stories of protagonist's children. The same happens here with a stretched story given to Konkona's daughter.
Performance wise the movie is primarily a Konkona show ably supported by Moushami.
Overall I rate the movie 3.5/5.