Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
Saw the Movie " Hate Story "

- Just an average movie, nothing new, Watch it,... Forget it, kinda,.. a plain time-pass, can very well avoid it.
- Predictable dumb story of Vengeance, no good dialogues, no intelli. direction, Just an average in all regards. No good songs.
- Third class level of most ugly, and road-sided picked up actors and actress for the prize of say,... half bread !! Ugly, vulger and displeasant dialects, and so are the faces on silver screen !!
- Unwanted sex scenes and that from,... that most ugliest 14 yrs - underage looking, skinny, eyesore, third class shi**y actress, ( Paoli ( Chawanni ) as the name suggests ) and reminded very well of Poonam Pandey, when no one wanna any exposure from her, and still she is keen to give for free !
- Just wondered, how could a director/producer can afford to bet the budget on such a 2 cents of value of,... hopeless actors/actresses ! Hats off to their courage ! Do they still think, da sex sells in this time of net-po*n age ??
- 3.75 out of 10

Still, if ya can not find anythg better for time-pass,... help yrselves for DVD Qlty,... FULL screen here,... ( No blames taken ! )
http://www.einthusan.com/movies/watc...g=hindi&id=853

Ladies v/s Ricky Bahl :

( Just an OK Time-pass,... Nthg new. )

Saw this movie last night.
Not much is there in the story at all, but still it's a Yash Raj Production, and hence, the camera, cinematography, photography angle, songs, colors, locations, music, dramatic situations are perfect,
and perhaps due to that reason, even if ther's not much in the story,
movie is watchable till end, without any yawns.

The main attraction of this movie is new Punjaabi porgi, ( Haththa- Kaththa girlie ) ... urfe
"Pareeneeti Chopra" who is a cousin sister of Priyanka Chopra and she has acted with full confident - bindhaast girl in this of her very first - debut film,
n',...has stolen the show,...
and in the whole movie she has acted like,...

this is not her first film, but perhaps she has already done, at least 100 films before this !

Whooaa !

This kind of confidence and Bindaasti I could not see even w/ that cry girlie Katrina Kaif, even after having acted in 10s of films !!

Though, Pareeneeti, - I personally did not find her that attractive, but her 'she-male-ship' ( He-Men styled Punjaabi Paada - sorry Pareeneeti, j/k ) remained the main attraction, through out the movie !
I think, she also won few awards for this movie -
here
Other two new actresses, are worth forgetting and I did not even care to know their names !
Anushka I never ever liked from the very beginning, so worth forgetting her anyway !!

Movie has not much comedy, any fight sequences, or vulgar scenes or dialects or any such,... and runs on a plain dramatic situations. - A Family watch, for sure.

Ranveer Singh, da male character is not my department to analyze, but still a lot better than our ugly SRK, at least !
Due to my sharp observation, I found him splitting the hair on right side, which generally no one does,... except Manoj Tiwari and such,... and dunno' whether the director knew it or not !

Here is the link, you can have a watch on a DVD quality, on a full screen.
http://www.einthusan.com/movies/watc...g=hindi&id=734

Watched: Mere Brother Ki Dulhan:

Sure, a YRF production,...
hence,... full of geet-sangeet, mahefeel of sandhi-sandhans, Marriage, Mandva, Shaadi dresses, wedding sajaavat of the homes,.. and Marriage venues,...love-romance,... shaadi-mundap,... dulha-dulhan,...drama, color, cinematography, events, marriage scenes, a pinch of comedy added,... mangni/vyaah,...vaat n' vachan of elders,... shaadi on rejection at the end moments,... and alll nicely woven for a good time-pass.

So,.. not much to predict for the story, drama is not that complicated and very well can be predictable,...
just a typical YRF film,... perhaps
lying a little low than those other super-duper hits from da Yash Raj Production,... but, still a decent time-pass, not that bad.

Clean, family-watch, no dirty language or dense scenes, dramatic story with few comedy spots, songs, dresses, color and nice camera angles and good photography.

Over all, not bad.
Katrina is ok, if not so excellent,... and imo,...she needs to rehearse-practice a lot for her hindi dialects,
as many times, it seemed like she just speaks smthg 'learnt by heart', ( speaking it fast, before she forgets !! ) without understanding the dialects and bringing the real 'portray feelings' for those !

Imran and Kat makes a worst physical match ( body chemistry ) pair, does not seem an ideal couple,...

Kat lacks the acting,... as always,.. means, dialects v/s the facial expressions - there is no harmony,... and seems fake and she's speaking fast the 'wordings' just to finish the dialcets, that she was given !!

Tara Disoza,.. TARA ...a model's short time entry ( beginning and end ), Vijay Maalya's KF's Model rather stood the more attractive ( in my case ) than Kat !
Boy ! This 'bulbul' lands by plane from London and the way she approaches in car,...her styles,.. n',... lol !
Director could had easily thrown some dense scenes for this Maalya's KF Model ,... but No, it was a family film,... so no complain,... will catch ya' later, smwhere,. baby ! You sure,.. caught my attention !!
Needs to find hers other movies, in which she appeared ;)

Pariksheet Sahani is still not that old n' yet alive, which surprised me, and had seen him in many old movies decades back,...like Tapasya from Rakhee Gulzaar and such,...!!

Kat's song- "dhunki dhunki laage", is already a hit,... I already added it, to my youtube vdo playlist,... and it seems like smwhat a song very similar from "Rockstar" ! -- http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=27BoyofY4gQ

Summing up,...Just a decent time-pass family film, with no boredom, n' just like more or less those other YRF productions. Just do not expect too much, that you may have to disappoint!

Bitto Boss ::

Got a chance to see this movie in a Blu-ray quality and found it's ok, and rather say,...perhaps a below average. Skip.

Movie is having through out the Punjabi style, Punjabi language,... living, style, tradition, dress, culture and full movie is Punjabi,... so regional people may like it, a bit more. -- No famous stars in it, that I knew of, any.

Nothing much in the story,... Dbl meaning dialects and tickling subject matter,...( see below video od salmaan ) ...of making Blue prints of couples who stays in the hotels, in one of the Guest houses,
who have arrived for their honeymoons,..( school run away students and such illegal couples also,..) who argues,.. fights,... and changes clothes and such,... and our Bittoo catches those from the another room on his laptop, trying to make a po*n film, out of it.

As you know,...After the song "DK Boss" went hit,.. double meaning mania is in the air,...in full flavor,.. and Our Bitto Boss, ( who has a business of VDO marriage album shooting )...is surrounded by many girlies,... in many marriage functions, and from young to married, to middle aged,... all women, asking Bittoo non-stoply,...requesting him,...

"Bitto meri bhi le le.
Bitto tu ne meri tau li hi nahin,.. kab lega ?,.. akele mein lena,..
Bitto tu ne sab ki li,... muj mein kya kami hai,...
Bitto iis baar aage se lena,... peechhe se tu kitani baar lega ! "
and so forth,...

Don't confuse here, and before you wet your tongue any more,...for that, watch Sallu bhai's below video for the clarification,
about what is going on in the movie, and 'what' the marriage function girlies are actually talking about !!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UdvjHR6CYko

But, our Bitto who has a business of making marriage's vdo albums,... and, now thinks of making even more money, by making illegal scandal - BPs/po*ns and then selling those,...
And, h
ence installs a khoopia ( jasoosi ) camera with computerized circuit full tech. mechanisms, hiring one room in a guest-house room of some royal tourist area in India,...
and monitoring those Digumbar Saadhu's,... da 'body-share' activity of others and taking videos of those most pious work, in the Indian history,...

"Bhart ek khoj" ,... remember that theme,(?)... "sab se pahele jal bhi nahin thaa,...aakash bhi nahin thaa,.. and samundar bhi nahin thaa,... sthal bhi nahin thaa,... "...or rather say,.. That's how it all started,...practices,..
which our Bittoo Boss was after, to have captured this hidden knowledge of "Brahm-Gyaan" -- under the discovery of "Bhart ek khoj", that he was after !!
on his laptop screen in the other room, he is trying to capture to unlock those mysterious secrets of the man-kind,...That's how it all started,..... !

Few khoopiya scenes are/will be little exciting, that the audience may very well eagerly awaits,...( though, are well censored ) so don't expect much in that regard,...and don't throw any money in theater-tickets, on that aspects !! Lol
But,..the movie runs ok,...few borings,.. not much story it has,... love-hate-love relationships of Bittoo,... And, da movie finally ends up, with not so interestingly.

Bitto does do, a good noble work, while catching the crimes and illegal scandals and such,... with that khoopiya camera hidden in the guest house room, which was in fact meant to make po*ns initially ,..
but our Bitto is generous ( bad for us ) and changes his mind very often, turns honest and hence leaves the audience,... dissatisfactory,... of either shooting or showing the po*n to us audience, about what did he shot !
Smtms even pulls out the recording wires by himself,...
What a Pity !

But, overall the movie is below average,.. and last 45 min, or da 'Ending' is not that exciting, satisfactory,... or rather say it's boring.

Bitto gets his love back,... makes a patch,...who(she) hates him, when she knew that Bitto is making money this way,... by making and selling po*ns illegally and fraudly !!

Story takes you into some excitement at certain stage,... but our Bitto,... pulls off the wire at the end moments,... keeps a towel on the monitor screen of his Laptop connected to that Khoopiya camera,...
and annoys us the best, any which way, he can,...
and thus neither he watches,.. nor let us watch the activity of the young couples in the next room,... doing their pious duty of "Prajotpati" !! ;)

You can very easily skip this Bittoo Boss,...a short, and 'so-so' good range of movie.

Few Punjabi koodis ( Bitto's lover ) and in marriage functions' few other sakhi-saahelis remain equally hopeless,... not worth get into,...
so I did not even care to know their names,.. or,.. to know, who were those female star-casts !! Not Worth !

Avoid this, unless you are totally free and still want to enjoy some good qlty photography
and ONLY if you found it on net for the free, in a good qlty.

I am not allowed to paste/post the link for viewing, so I restrain hereby.

MakhannMalaai thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: Daffyy

Can we review regional movies also..??

If Yes then I would rate Swamy ra ra - Telugu thriller...Fun,Gripping and a very nice plot.
4/5

That was a good movie.. Swati and Nikhil's pairing was cute..

Sahasam(Telugu): I didn't expect it to be so good it was an adventure thriller.. but it was so good.. Ladakh actually looked like Balochistan.. Gopichand was good.. Ali was fine.. Shakti Kapoor was bad.. Tapsee cannot act.. but the story made the movie.. the special effects were excellent..

" Shootout at Wadala " : John, Anil Kapoor, Tushaar, Manoj Bajpeyi, Sony Sood, Jackie Shroff, Kangana, Sunny Leone ( Sp. App. )

Just saw this movie. It's OK, and nothing new or any of such emotional ( Unlike, Munna bhai MBBS )

It's a typical, ok, and full of actions, filthy foul languages, stabbings, Prisoner's life, non-stop actions among two-three teams of gangsters, corrupted police force,
one honest and dutiful P.I., Anil Kapoor as, shootings and all red-blooded, foul and mawali kinda languages,...

It's a full-to' a typical, action-pack gangster movie, in line with Shootout at Lokhandwaala, Satya, Company, Dayavaan, Gangs of Wasseypur, Gangster, Parinda, Once upon a time in mumbai, Gangajal, Hathyaar, Omkara, Vaastav,... say,..Khoona-maraki like that recent Agnipath movie,...etc.

Naturally, this movie is not for kids or the ladies and hence only such kinda movie lovers,...

John has done the typical role just like ( replacing ) Sanju baba, Ajay Devgun or say Vivek Oberoi.

Marathi language is used in the beginning, for a while.

John is in the lead role, with Tusaar and other 2-3 loafers in his team and story revolves among 2-3 gangster teams and the police force,...

Not much comedy there or that many emotional roles/situations that nicely woven, in the movie,...

Next lead role is by Anil Kapoor as a Police inspector, and this police force also uses one of the gangster teams just like the role of Thakur in the film Sholay, who uses Jay and Veeru.

Another gang is of Manoj Bajpeyi and Sonu sood, and both being brothers, and somehow Manoj is not in that that ultra shining role, as last time we saw in in Satya,... and his role duration is also for a short time,...

Sunny Leone is just as a special appearance in one Item song only,...with double meaning words,...n' song and her performance both remains dull and forgettable,..

Movie has 12-15 new, never heard of,.. funny dialects been spoken, at many occasions however mixed with fithy foul languages,... ;)

Jackie Shroff as a head of Police officers in a special appearance of 3 min. of role, in the end,...

One, force-fitted n' boring song, reday for fast-forward of Priyanka Chopra as a special guest appearance,...

Few ( two times ) rape and sex scenes of/among John and Kangana Renault, in dark/dim lights... Making the movie more suit, as an Adults movie,...

Movie is of the story line of the year 1982 around, so the director has not shown any use of any cell phones, computers or wireless phones,
but have shown the old type of phones also type writers in the police stations,.. etc.

Movie is long and still somehow the End is not properly finished, as one gangster is still not shown finished,...

John, who is shot with 10s of bullets and he is now in Anil Kapoor's Police van and still he tells the entire story of this movie ( that's how the movie proceeds ) in that wounded situation, till he dies and that seems ridiculous !

IMO, this was a Sanju Baba's typical lead role movie, but somehow John has played it this time
and imo they could also had fitted Vivek and Ajay if they'd wanted to.
Tusaar Kapoor seems to be a joke and useless kid- like, as always.

Movie has shown tussel/feud between Sonu Sood and John, ( two opposite gangsters ) a couple of times, and in the end does not show any big fights between them.
Instead, the director ends the movie, leaving it incomplete, saying that Sonu ( Dilawar ) quit the city to somewhere else, and never returned !
What an unfinished movie !!

Summing up : A typical gangster movie, Nothing new or much emotions woven properly,
[ unlike those end scenes which we saw in the films Deewaar, Hathyaar, Vaastav, Dayavaan or Agnipath ( amitabh ) ]

Bombay Talkies: My Movie Review :: ( I just saw it )

Ok, First of all, it's just a tribute for the 100 years to the Bollywood, and not any commercial, entertaining movie with any good budget in it
say,...Debaang, Ready, Singham, Agnipath like or any such,.. So DO NOT expect much,...

It's a very low budget, just 4 independent stories of middle class families of 33 minutes of duration each,
and made with extremely low budget
and some ordinary camera shot photography,...of a typical bambaiya life and hence it is
as if you are watching any ordinary 15 min. of small story scripted random video clips on youtube,.. that you are watching and nothing more than that.
Do NOT expect this thingy as, any entertaining Movie. It's a total disappointment here.

It's very similar to the bambaiya life movie -- which you alreday saw in the past " Life in a Metro, or say Salaam Bombay or Slum dog Millionaire,.. sort of ! "

Total movie length is around, 132 min
and hence 4 small stories by each of the four producers for 33 min each, ( each story is by its own and not having any connection with the previous one )
and last 15 min. for theme songs of total 100 years of bollywood's - compilation, showing 15 sec. each, showing each major actors and actresses with a title theme songs, and also their famous songs during their peak time.

Four Director's stories of 33 min. each ::
Karan johar
Dibakar bennejee
Zoya akhtar
Anurag Kashyup

Each has 33 min. of mini movie of their own, with just a slight message in each short story, and nothing else.
And, not any standout song in any story, except that ( some old songs ) it runs, either in a radio or in the background, or goes with the story,..

So, overall speaking, movie is just not impressive in any regards,... and if it did work more than 20 days in any theater, it will be just the luck.

1) Karan Johar's story of 33 min. - Theme: A Gay taste. It's not a sin, crime, guilt or 'be little' of being a Gay.

As you know this guy, and so is his story well predictable,.. Yess about a gay young guy in his early twenties
and tied in with a married couple of Rani and Randeep who were lacking love in their married life, and hubby is attracted by this homo gay,.. n' finally this couple is also 'done' and gets 'over' with their married life..

Most disgusting and yuckie part of this story is ,.. passionate gay kisses, been shown first time on the hindi screen,..
Mth 2 mth, between Randeep and a new youngster.

Bambaiya life, of a middle class couple family is shown, both spouses working at jobs and lacking the love in their married life,
and on the other hand a young gay person who is cursed by his family for being a gay and homo,
gets friendship with Rani at her work, comes to her home and gets friendship with her hubby Randeep
and engages in gay love and hence the story revolves around the sorrow-sin-curse-kasoor
of being a gay and a typical mentality of other people towards him,.. and that sort of insight this story brings.

" Being a gay is not a sin or crime it's natural and not to be guilty of,"...is the theme,

As per the kind of person KJo is,... There are few double meant dialects,...

"Gale mein Mangal sutra, aankhon mein kaamsutra ",. ( a gay young fellow speaks to Rani - In neck you have mangal-sutra, in eyes the lust and desire ! )

" believe me, I last very long " ( On a job - an intern says it to Rani about the chances of him being permanent )

" Bandh kamare mein mera dum ghuntatta hai, have you problem with that? " ( Rani spks in ref. to her job - I can't breathe properly in a closed room, will you mind it ? )

" Muje bade achche lagte hai " ( a gay speaks, w.r.t. High professional persons - I like the big ones ! )

" Make up sex is the best " a gay speaks and advises the married couple of Rani-Randeep,..

" I am gay, but I do not bite,...unless somebody wants ",... ( gay fellow speaks )

Rani : Why you not taking him in your special room,...
Gay: I am ready to go with him in any room,..

2) Dinakar Benerjee story of 33 min. - A happy family life is the motto - no matter how hard the life is out there, to win the bread.

A Middle class family's life of a poor couple ( Siddqui ), who does some cleaning work for others, who also have a daughter and,...
their job-crisis for finding a job for a security person,.. v/s family happiness balance,
Also, out there on the road the on-going movie shooting and bollywood craze in the Mumbai,
"Sifarees" ( L G V G ) is needed in any jobs,... keeping kids happy among all poverty lines no matter what,...
balance between family life and outdoor crisis for wining a bread,... and that is the theme of this 33 min of story,...

3 ) Zoya Akhtar story of 33 min. - Keep your dream alive. Let a Kid never kills his/her dream.

A Kid can have his own dream,.. and he/she must keep it and live with it,.. let it not die,.. no matter how inferior it seems,... how mean is to the society or even to the parents,...
And the message is shown by the example of Katrina's interviews, who came to Bombay, not knowing even 5 words of Hindi
and she lived with her dream and finally made it come true,...and proud of, what she is today,...
Here, in the middle class family, a 7-9 yrs young boy has a dream of wearing girl's clothes and dance like Katrina - on the tunes of Sheila's Jawaani,...
and in a hidden way, he tries his best to keep it alive, inspite of harsh and bash by his father ( Soori ) / parents .
Theme: Never kill your dream you wanna be, no matter what the outer world says,...

4) Anurag Kashyup story of 33 min. - achieve your goal, no matter how hard it is. ( agar aap kis chiij ko dilon-jaan se karna chaho, tau saari kaaynaat,... )

Craze of the Bollywood and its actors and hence for the other ordinary layman persons, those are their real Gods - the Actors !
and a father who had Dilip Kumar as a Devta for his father
now tells his son that his devta is Amitabh bachchan, so fulfill his death-bed desire
and the task to achieve is,... Go to Mumbai and meet Big B, take a " murabba" ( Gulab jamun ) to Mumbai to Big B's house, meet him,.. and let him eat a bite and bring it half back,... and that's the Kashi-Kaaba-Madina, a death-bed desire of a father !
And its' shown,... how hard is bambaiya life and what kind of meditation and ' tap-sadhana it needs, for Ameet fans for just to see him, at his location,... !

Craze and Madness of Bolly stars in ordinary people's mind and heart, they the ones, their real Devs and Devtas,... and that's the theme.

Conclusion : It's not an entertaining movie
but a Tribute of 100 years to the bollywood, and DO NOT expect much.
If you could find any better story, of random video clips of 15 minutes on the youtube,... You need not to go to this movie, at all.
IMO, this movie will not work for even 3 weeks, anywhere.

Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks for the reviews on all the newer films are enough for me to stay away from them.

I recently saw Sadma - It was a very disturbing film with a tragic ending, Sridevi is very good as always. Kamal Hassan was great as well, overall it's a nice watch if you like Intense love stories. 4/5
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Boss- starting Akshay Kumar. 
Finally a Bollywood movie where I enjoyed watching..the film was good from start to finish. I don't understand why it flopped..I guess no buzz and lack of promotion. Recently,  I lost faith in Bollywood films..apart from A2, every single movie I watched this year was disapointing from CE to YJHD to BMB. Boss is so much better than these films. If you love 90s type of bollywood films..you will love Boss. 3/5 👍🏼

This movie made me want to watch another Akshay movie. I want to watch Special 26 next. 
Edited by beboholic - 10 years ago
TuesdaysChild thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Shaitan - liked the cinematography more than anything, though Gulshan Devaiyah and Shiv Pandit were very good. I thought Rajpal Yadav was wasted quite frankly. The first half an hour or so promised so much but the rest of the movie didn't live up to that promise sadly. 

Phata Poster Nikhla Hero - This movie would have sat very comfortably between all those lousy Sunil Shetty movies from the nineties. I honestly don't get why Shahid signs movies like this. Maybe the story sounded better in writing but the execution was poor. Ileana looked pretty but that's it. Don't think Shahid should be too proud to have this in his filmography. 
Edited by TuesdaysChild - 10 years ago