Users

Frequent Posters

Ananya05 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: anastasia21

Hey, Ananya.  🤗

Thanks so much for this thread.
I didn't see any video transcript. Where is this video transcript. I want to see it ASAP.

Welcome Aritri. 🤗

Did you see their live chat? Here is the link.

http://colors.in.com/in/chat-video-live-chat-with-vivian-dsena-and-drashti-dhami-39.html
anastasia21 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Ananya05

Welcome Aritri. 🤗

Did you see their live chat? Here is the link.

http://colors.in.com/in/chat-video-live-chat-with-vivian-dsena-and-drashti-dhami-39.html

Thanks so much for the link. Now 68 mins uninterrupted of VD DD.
Yes!😃
Angeena thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Its due to the masses that it caters to. Hindi serial has a huge fan base of young girls, young to middle aged married women, even older generations. They are not ready to invest too much brain in their daily shows. So, that protocol has been set by the audiences and followed by the show makers.

Whereas that is not the case with English series. They focus more on complex plots, brainstorming etc. They can't focus on long running family shows as its not so much ingrained in their society. So, they fascinate audiences by making stories logical, complex yet appealing. I have personally not watched too many English series. I have watched a few episodes of Friends and I have watched Prison break complete.

As for the different seasons, I really don't know. Again, I think given the complexity of the storyline, if a show runs for too long, it loses its charm. Hence maybe they split it into seasons.

It just makes me wonder, do our serials have the same creativity as their shows do or not?
I sometimes think that since english shows air just once a week, they are forced to put everything in a single 1 hour episode. So they don't get a chance to  wander of topic.
Hindi shows air 5/6 days a week. So they stretch out should have taken just one or two episodes into a week long drama.

Ananya05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Angeena

It just makes me wonder, do our serials have the same creativity as their shows do or not?
I sometimes think that since english shows air just once a week, they are forced to put everything in a single 1 hour episode. So they don't get a chance to  wander of topic.
Hindi shows air 5/6 days a week. So they stretch out should have taken just one or two episodes into a week long drama.

I don't believe so. Both sets are equally creative. A huge part of it depends on the audience. They have to make everything in accordance to it. Besides, don't you think it somehow takes more creativity to rope in your viewers everyday rather than just once a week?

I personally find English series too complex for my liking. 😆
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8

And @charu

I remember you mentioning Pritt .. she had posted a huge rant yesterday. Not that I can blame her considering..
http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=3445388

yes, someone copied her work..
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
the LIVE chat was awesome..both of them r cute off screen too...they r not best of friends, that's visible frm their talk but they r professionals..they have their mood swings ..that's normal..starry tantrums all of them have...they work so hard, to give us these flawless episodes...the entire team..working 12-14 hours a day must be taxing ! the technicians must be working longer...

did  u guys watch how they give cues to each other? 

i think their off screen chemistry brushes off on screen too ! n it's WOW ! both look out of this world, individually, both r gr8 actors.. together they set the screen on fire !
Edited by _charu_ - 11 years ago
Angeena thumbnail

I don't believe so. Both sets are equally creative. A huge part of it depends on the audience. They have to make everything in accordance to it. Besides, don't you think it somehow takes more creativity to rope in your viewers everyday rather than just once a week?

I personally find English series too complex for my liking. 😆

No doubt that hindi shows pull us in everyday and that takes a lot of effort.
I meant that most of english shows have very few things in common and here the same track is used repeatedly. Or is this because they get tired? Trying to think up new things constantly? They don't get a season break.
Ananya05 thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

the LIVE chat was awesome..both of them r cute off screen too...they r not best of friends, that's visible frm their talk but they r professionals..they have their mood swings ..that's normal..starry tantrums all of them have...they work so hard, to give us these flawless episodes...the entire team..working 12-14 hours a day must be taxing ! the technicians must be working longer...

i think their off screen chemistry brushes off on screen too ! n it's WOW ! both look out of this world, individually, both r gr8 actors.. together they set the screen on fire !

I agree. This is the first show in which I am so involved. So, first time I am getting to know how much efforts actors have to put for each episode. 12-14 hours a day? 😲 👏 👏 Their chemistry is crackling. Both are true professionals.

I must say I haven't come across any lead pair that looks so ravishing together as well as individuals. Uff...VD!! Kya karu..meri gadi wahi atak jati hai..😆 😆
Angeena thumbnail

Originally posted by: _charu_

i think their on screen chemistry brushes off on screen too ! n it's WOW ! both look out of this world, individually, both r gr8 actors.. together they set the screen on fire !

True that.. I had heard rumors that they don't get along well and hence they don't give interviews together. But I really don't see how that matters. Its their life. They are not best friends or having an affair (I couldn't believe someone actually hoped for this). As long as they can work together amicably it should not matter.
Ananya05 thumbnail

No doubt that hindi shows pull us in everyday and that takes a lot of effort.
I meant that most of english shows have very few things in common and here the same track is used repeatedly. Or is this because they get tired? Trying to think up new things constantly? They don't get a season break.

I agree with you here. But the point is, how much more different can they show in a daily soap which is watched by families together? The basic premise is the same and they stick to it. Its been established over the years and it sells. That is why CVs are not too keen on experimenting. Have you seen Star one shows? They used to be more youth oriented and really different. I was a huge fan of Miley Jab hum Tum during my Engineering days.

You are right when you say that each English show is different.