Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
episode 47
hume aapki koi baat nahin sunni... nafrat hai na aap ko hum se hamari aukat se... hamari shakal dekhna nahin chahte hain na aap... toh khush ho jaaiye... kyunki hum aapki nazron se hamesha ke liye door ja rahein hain... lucknow ja rahein hain hum... hamesha ke liye.

khushi!
i hear him calling her name out in the guest house. and in his sleep. on a hastening heartbeat. in an aching store room. a cliff top. by a pool. across distance. and today it echoed deep within. dare i say it... in his heart. if you listened carefully you'd hear it. her name on his lips had a different sound. there was a different bite in it. as though he exhaled on her name, as though he wanted to draw her in the next instant. and never let go.

tragedy at a young age had taught him to keep his heart far from hurt in a place impenetrable. thick walls of indifference had been put up to protect the tenderness within. unemotinality was the quest, its holy grail. the fort of faraq nahin padta.

and it had succeeded in keeping all out. until she came.

but now that she had said what she had. now that she was leaving. forever. hamesha ke liye. before he could tell her what he'd been wanting to these past few days. something he had to. now he just couldn't take his mind off those words. again she'd lashed out in hurt and pain and hit him hard. the first time it was in his home: to hell with you and your job, also  aspersions on his character; he was callous, uncaring, capable of sending someone to danger, even mortal danger, merely to win a bet. he hadn't said a word then. he'd wanted to  say something ever since.

and now she was going away, he'd never see her shakal, the face that roamed his mind free, breaking barriers, entering hidden corners and niches. it felt like a blow to the gut, even worse than all those insults that day. thoughts of her cascaded. he was handing her her dupatta, looking away, mindful of her awkwardness without that essential piece of garment... she was crying, how that bothered him... and then the most difficult one, she's saying she's...

if you go away on this summer's day
then you might as well take the sun away...

he stood their unable to extricate himself from his thoughts, the most delicate and touching music wrapped around them, there was no anger, just a float into a place he couldn't resist. if i didn't know all i knew of him and that hard exterior he presented to the onlooker, i'd say he was bereft. and this did bother him. for survival depended on that faraq nahin padta. if he let things matter, he'd finally get hurt.

"jaa rahi hai toh... mujhe kyun faraq pad raha hai. sochna nahin chahta bhoolna chahta hoon fir baar baar ussika khayal kyun aa raha hai?"

if she's going, why does it make a difference to me? don't want to think, just want to forget, then why her thoughts again and again?

he's sounding vulnerable, weary almost, worn down by this power of hers over him. he is most unused to this. he doesn't want it. yet, faraq padta hai. he has just said it.

whenever the two were not together, the directors and screenplay guys at ipk found all sorts of ways to keep them together in our mindscape. in this episode, it was the devise of intercutting. smooth transitions from him to her, then him again.

she's rolling a chapati listlessly. mind elsewhere. she's with him. now that she's lied and created a situation that would take her away from him forever, she's plunged into gloom. her rakshas, her laad governor... she was going away for hamesha. her thoughts of him as compelling as his of hers.

... he's falling atop her, her gaze suddenly meets his and locks...

... he's yelling at her to listen to him while he speaks "lemme finish!"

suddenly, the anger's gone, he's handing her her dupatta, unobtrusive, respectful. restoring her dignity which was trampled upon one harsh night in lucknow.where his thoughts had started, hers end. they seemed to meet on this memory, transcending barriers of reality, in some other space.

she snaps back to here and now and says the tickets are done. payal had asked for ghee.

crossfade to him, still watering plants. when anjali found him and saw his lost expression and the overflow of water from the pot, she knew he needed help and she stepped in to offer that. only, she got the reason wrong.

"kya soch rahe ho?" what are you thinking, she asked

"kuch nahin..." his voice sounded soft, unfocussed.

she assumed this state of mind was to do with lavanya. and since she herself was unsure of la and her relevance in chhotey's life she asked if he were happy.
"tum khush to ho na?"

he asked with what. considering he'd just had a major showdown with his grandma, and his brother in laew had manged to work out a situation that let his girlk friend move in with him. considering he was bringing her home that very day. one would have thought he'd be quite ecstatic about the situation. "kisse?" really?

an interesting insight from di about her chhotey and his ego. she wonders if the la thing really hinged on his ego rather than a decision based on the right reasons. his ego was always big, he hated anyone questioning him or not agreeing with him. it would get him realk angry.  "aur waise bhi... tum jab gusse mein hote ho toh tumhara dimaag band ho jaata hai, aur tum gusse mein josh mein aake hamesha galat faisla lete ho." and when you're angry, your brain shuts down, and in that state you always end up taking wrong decisions.

isn't that pretty much what happened one night on a treacherous terrace?

but today, we'll talk another central theme of ipk. dil vs dimaag. heart or head.

"enough di..." he countered, "i don't take all my decisions because of ego... plus this life is mine... which means, everybody should not be interfering in it... and if this indeed is the most important decision of my life... then i'll still say lavanya is perfect for me... she's never refused me till date... our thinking is similar... neither am i interested in marriage nor she... she understands me."

di comes in beautifully, "and you? do you understand yourself?"

"aise faisle sirf dil liye jaate hai... dimag se nahin."
such decisions are taken from the heart, not the head.

"sorry di, there's a huge difference between the two of us... i don't get emotional while taking a decision."

little did he guess what was coming next.

"pyaar toh dil se hi hota hai... pyaar toh bas ho jata hai." love comes from the heart, said anjali, you can't calculate and calibrate it, it just happens.

at "pyaar" his eyes went still, his mind was touched. hey hey hey... rabba vey came as if on cue and...

di went on, "ke jab aap usse dekho toh uske chehre se nazar hi na hate..." when you see her you can't look away from her." there she rose before his gaze, beautiful in red, shy, gorgeous, an unspoken complaint in her eyes.

"agar woh udaas ho... toh kuch bhi achha na lage..." if she's sad, nothing feels good. and he saw her crying, cowering, and he so bothered by her tears.

"usse door jaane ka khayal bhi aapko pareshan kare," even the thought  being away from her will upset you. oh, why was she saying that? saying, "i am going... khush ho jaiye kyonki hum aapke nazron se hamesha ke liye door jaa rahen hain."

sochna nahin chata, bhoolna chahta hoon. he says he doesn't have time for all thsi stuff. and moreover, if such a girl should come into his life, he'd make sure he stays away from her.

hamesha had walked in yesterday, today came another core asset of this pyaar. saansey. breath. ipk writers had a vision of love that scaled the ordinary and attempted to really understand the nature of love. and there they possibly found its kinship with faith. we are often asked to pray with the name of the eternal on each breath. as though dedicating the gift of life to its creator. those who have loved deeply and long will know that at times love indeed does feel like a prayer, like faith. as inexplicable, as inexorable, as elevating.

this creative insight into love and its saansey was, well, breathtaking.

"woh tum kar nahin paaoge..." you won't be able to do that, said di, all believing and utterly sweet. she who had only faith in her love. tragedy sometimes is just the shattering of a simple belief.

"kyun?"

"kyunki tum agar uss se door gaye na, toh tumhari saansey rukne lagegi,"
for should you stray far from her, your breath will stop.

needless to mention, this brought on the lopsided smile, killing viewers, and to complete the decimation, "
you are... unbelievable, di."

khushi remained unhappy, and when her mother spilled the nbeans about the shop, she decided this was a very good reason to go back to lucknow, ah now she needn't think it was to run away from her feelings, now there was a fine and noble cause. but her face never lifted.

asr went to pick up la. she was lovely in red, but he barely noticed. her need for him was contrasted perfectly by his control over his emotions. her body leaned toward him, he stood unyielding. her eyes glinted, his were opaque. i have always felt a little sad for lavanya, because in one matter he was right, she did understand him, and she grew to love him in the finest of ways. he realised that too.

just once they flared, when she turned away from him while he was talking. he remembered khushi saying, i won't listen to anything you have to say... i am going... hamesha ke liye.he gripped la's arm and spun her around, and said to her all that he wanted to say to khushi as she ran out of the store room, leaving him locked there...

"jab main baat kara hota hoon toh poori baat sune bina beech mein mooh mat moda karo... main tumse kuch kah raha tha."
when i'm talking, don't turn your back on me without letting me finish... i was telling you something.

on that "main tumse kuch kah rah tha," there was a rasp in his voice, a plea it seemed to me beneath that. he hated anyone walking away while he spoke, but with khushi it was more than that. he needed her to hear him. vitally. and what it is i wonder, he wanted to tell her.

what sound was that
i turn away into the shaking room.

what was that sound that came in on the dark?
what is this maze of light it leaves us in?
what is this stance we take,
to turn away and then turn back?
what did we hear?

it was the breath we took when we first met.

listen, it is here.

~~~ harold pinter, it is here (for a) ~~~
(i quoted this beautiful love poem in a post on crooner. but this is where saansey came in and i wanted to dedicate a special one to saansey, so once more, it is here.)

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
Crazy4IPK thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Episode-48
Arnav brought La in RM. As usual Nani couldn't receive her cordially. Moreover she brought pastry made of egg, what outraged Nani even more. She was getting cozy with ASR in front of the family and was ready to live in ASR's room.She argued with Nani about live in relationship.I wonder being an Indian woman how cum La was not aware of Indian values and ethics. I was born and raised in USA, but never dare to dream of live in relationship. Anyway, ASR was mad at Nani's harsh behavior to Lavanya. ASR didn't love Lavanya. So why did he bring her in his house? Obviously not just to see her face! ASR sure had physical relationship with Lavanya. Later in the show when Sheetal track was shown, we couldn't accept that ASR could sleep with Sheetal. We sent multiple petition to stop showing it. I also signed the petition. Now I wonder how fool we were. ASR was not a saint or a virgin. Hahaha. Any way let's come to the episode. Shyam handled the situation cleverly. He made ASR agree with Nani. Gosh he has the power to manipulate people. When Shyam was talking about  making decisions in life, Aranv repercussed the memory of Khushi. He clutched his hand in turbulence. Did he want to rewind the moments and get back Khushi in his life?

In GH Khushi and Payal was getting ready to go back Lucknow. The scene of her coalition with Arnav reverberated in her mind again. In some corner of her heart she was feeling hurt to go away from her Laad Governor.
Edited by sohara - 11 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Disclaimer:I would like to acknowledge that all my translations have been found on You Tube Videos translated by Alexa.   All credit of translation and my interpretation of her work is acknowledged.  All work I consider to be my own with the help of the translation.  If work is used please credit.  Thank you all for reading!

Episode 47

How Can I Feel This Way?

The demon is watering his plants.  How can that be?  Someone who takes great care to nurture plants can't be a demon.  Can he?  As he is watering his precious babies he has images of Kushi playing in his head.  He sees Kushi standing there without her dupatta, he gently hands it to her averting his eyes, conscious of how uncomfortable she is feeling being so exposed to him.  Images continue to frolic in his head he sees her tears flowing, he feels hurt as if each and every drop is coming from him.  When he envisions her telling him she is going out of his life forever it's as if he has been stabbed in the heart.  His breath has been taken away.  Why do I care so much that she leaves? He asks himself.  He doesn't even want to think about it.  Why, he asks, why?  How Can I Feel This Way?  The water continues to pour without him realizing.

GH-  Payal is cooking asks Kushi for the butter and Kushi is just rolling, rolling, rolling the roti without even hearing her.  Her mind is elsewhere, on HIM, that demon, again!  She sees him falling on top of her in the store room where they were so close they could feel each other's breath.  She tenses as she remembers him standing so close to her that she could smell his scent like sandalwood and musk.  He was sternly insisting he had to speak to her'"let me finish!" and finally the tone of the images changes and she sees him gently handing her dupatta over her shoulder with his eyes facing the floor.  He made her feel comfortable.  How can this demon be like that?  One minute a beast and the next a Knight in Shining Armor. How Can I Feel This WayPayal taps her on the shoulder, she jumps saying "yes, I got the tickets, our train leaves tonight." 

The plant is saturated by the overflowing water; Anjali comes and asks ASR what he is thinking about. How Can I Feel This Way?  "Nothing."  Anjali tells her to come and sit with her.  She asks him what happened, why does he look so worried.  Does it have anything to do with Lavanya?  His answer is always, "Di, please."  She continues that she hasn't pushed the issue and all she wants to know is if he is happy? He answers, "With whom?"  Who do you think Mr. Arnav Singh Raizada that she is going to say Kushi?  Nooo, Lavanya silly.  "How do you feel about Lavanya coming to this house?  Everyone has agreed, but you how do you feel about it?" He looks down.  He tells her he hasn't thought about it. She tells him he should think about it and it's an important decision.  She asks him if he is doing this to prove Nani wrong.  He gets insulted, "You think I would do that?"  She says, "Hah."  "Di, please!" "Chote when you were a kid you had a huge ego. "  He narrowly looks at her.  "Why are you looking at me like that?  I know that if someone challenges you, you don't like that at all.  Anyway when you get angry your brain doesn't think clearly and you make the worst decisions which you then regret."  "Enough, Di!"  Too close to the truth for comfort, hey ASR? "I don't take all my decisions with my ego, (No?) and this is my life and nobody should interfere in it, especially if it is a big decision in my life.  I will always say that Lavanya is the right girl for me. (Not really)  She always listens to me and I am not interested in marriage.  She understands me", (true).    Anjali asks but what about him, does he understand himself? He just looks at her.  Maybe she has a point. 

GH- Payal asks Kushi why she looks so worried and why does she want to leave and go to Lucknow so fast. She says she always does what she wants to do and Kushi agrees.  The phone rings and Kushi goes to answer it.

RM- Di and ASR are still in conversation.  Di tells him that these decisions should be taken by the heart and not the mind.  ASR apologises and says that that's what makes them so different.  He doesn't make emotional decisions.  Anjali reminds him that when you love someone the decision comes from the heart.  "You do not love someone if you do calculations.  Love happens when it is ready.  When you see the person, the one you love and your eyes are fixed on her."  He pictures Kushi in the red saree, how beautiful she looked and how he couldn't take his eyes off of her.  "If she feels sad you don't feel good at all.  Every thought of them going away from you grieves you.  He hears Kushi saying, "Then be happy because I will go away from you forever.  I will go to Lucknow forever!"  How Can I Feel This Way?  He looks away, sighs, regroups, pull yourself together man and says "Di, I don't want to waste my time on these things."  He gets up and Di grabs his hand.  "Someday, one day you WILL waste time on this because'" "Yeah Di, I know, because someday there will be girl that when I look at her I will forget everything that happens around me after she appears, etc. etc. etc.  Right? Can I go now? Oh, and one more thing, if such a girl appears before me, I will stay away from her because I will live my life not from my heart but from my mind!"  Di answers him, "No Chote you will not be able to do that."  Why he asks.  "Because, if you stay away from her you will not be able to breathe." ASR pinches himself, as if he is dreaming this, "You are unbelievable!  Di, you would stop breathing?  I'll leave now"'.she is crazy he thinks.  Anjali is very frustrated by her Chote!

GH- Kushi is talking on the phone with her mother who tells her everything about the loss of their store.  Kushi is upset.  She tells Payal that they should go to Lucknow ASAP.  What are they going to do, they don't know but they will find a way to help.

Lavanya's apartment- ASR walks in and Lavanya tells him how happy she is that they will be living together.  ASR says he wants to tell her something and she quickly says that she knows what he wants to say that they can't really stay together.  He says relax, Lavanya.  I want to tell you something, she looks worried, and he says my car is not parked in a good place so you have to hurry.  Her face totally relaxes and she hugs him, "Oh, God I was scared. ASR I don't completely understand, I mean sometimes'.ASR do you really love me?  I came to take you with me, actually we should hurry.  She walks away from him mid sentence.  He becomes irate he hears Kushi.  He grabs her and turns her around. "When I talk to you, do not leave until I am finished.  I want to tell you something.  Lavanya apologizes and said she just wanted to get her bag.  "What did you want to tell me?"   He grabs her luggage, "Let's go."  How Can I Feel This Way?

GH- Girls are packing and Buaji is sad.  Payal sees her dress and is reminded of her broken marriage.  She believes this is all her fault after all they took out the mortgage on the shop for her dowry and wedding and then it was canceled.  Kushi says not to worry no guilt feelings either.  They were lucky to have found out about Abishek and his family.  "Tears, tears, tears  do you girls think that if you spill many tears they can pay your parents debts?",  Asks Buaji.  She explains to the girls that going to their father's home will only put more stress and worry on their father.  Two more mouths to feed.  She says they are very much like their father both stubborn.  Even if your father opens a small shop he will be worried about you girls. How will he handle the store and take away your tears.  She asks Payal what Shyam has said about getting Kushi a job.  You can get a good job with Shyam.  Kushi quickly says she wants to be with her parents.  Buaji says with Shyam's help we can find a solution to this problem.

Anjali and Shyam are in the kitchen and he asks if he cut the potatoes the exact measurements she wants.  She says he is teasing her.  She understands very well.  He says you think he can tease his queen.    He goes to taste the food she is making and she stops him, it may be hot.  She blows on the food and feeds him.  She then leaves to give Nani her meds.  Shyam's phone rings'it's Kushi, 'Hello? Yes, I was just thinking about you, Kushi.' How Can I Feel This Way?  He sees Anjali's reflection, Anjali is behind him'.

Hi Cyn!
hope u are enjoying some much needed time with your LG?😊
nice analysis, highlighted all that spoke to me, in green- LOL, that does seem to be his answers everytime di is working his nerves, and she does work his nerve  alotπŸ˜†
as always, enjoyed the theme that ran through all the biggi chaaracters, even shyam 
How can i feel this way?

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-48

Arnav brought La in RM. As usual Nani couldn't receive her cordially. Moreover she brought pastry made of egg, what outraged Nani even more. She was getting cozy with ASR in front of the family and was ready to live in ASR's room.She argued with Nani about live in relationship.I wonder being an Indian woman how cum La was not aware of Indian values and ethics. I was born and raised in USA, but never dare to dream of live in relationship. Anyway, ASR was mad at Nani's harsh behavior to Lavanya. ASR didn't love Lavanya. So why did he bring her in his house? Obviously not just to see her face! ASR sure had physical relationship with Lavanya. Later in the show when Sheetal track was shown, we couldn't accept that ASR could sleep with Sheetal. We sent multiple petition to stop showing it. I also signed the petition. Now I wonder how fool we were. ASR was not a saint or a virgin. Hahaha. Any way let's come to the episode. Shyam handled the situation cleverly. He made ASR agree with Nani. Gosh he has the power to manipulate people. When Shyam was talking about  making decisions in life, Aranv repercussed the memory of Khushi. He clutched his hand in turbulence. Did he want to rewind the moments and get back Khushi in his life?

In GH Khushi and Payal was getting ready to go back Lucknow. The scene of her coalition with Arnav reverberated in her mind again. In some corner of her heart she was feeling hurt to go away from her Laad Governor.

Hi Sohara,
nice anaylysis,
 you bring up some very good pts that i was thinking my self, the way they made La out to be at the RM was way OTT. seriously i was raised in USA as well and i'm  as indian as they get πŸ˜† when i go to India now, i do notice the "westernization" esp in the metros but even modern women in India know their culture and don't call the Aarti "round round" It really annoyed me they made her out to be such a bimbo and furthermore how can an intellect like ASR find her attractive + she was working as his right hand woman at the company so she can't be as dumb as they show her at the RM. i understand he wanted a practical girl but they could've made her someone with brains and still modern enough to need the training of the house work etc...sigh

LOL in purple, Its funny i joined IF right as the remarriage ended so was still new to all this and when ppl went buzzerk about the sheetal track and so many heated arguments about, ahem, Arnav's virginitiy, I really didn't get it. Probably b/c i had seen these epis two/three weeks before it was fresh in my head.  I don't think he went all the way with La or anyone,  but i always felt Arnav was more experienced, shall we say? but i always loved this aspect. It was realistic, he is a man in his mid-20s and he has needs dammit! the imp thing is with Khushi it meant so much more, a whole lot more.
Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
My take on Episode 47 Edited by ArshiHamesha - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Disclaimer:I would like to acknowledge that all my translations have been found on You Tube Videos translated by Alexa.   All credit of translation and my interpretation of her work is acknowledged.  All work I consider to be my own with the help of the translation.  If work is used please credit.  Thank you all for reading!

Episode 48

Into the Lion(ess)'s Den

lion  (l n)

n.1. A large carnivorous feline mammal (Panthera leo) of Africa and northwest India, having a short tawny coat, a tufted tail, and, in the male, a heavy mane around the neck and shoulders.

2a. A very brave person.

b. A person regarded as fierce or savage.

walk into the lion's den-To go into a situation that puts you in great danger or in a vulnerable position

RM- Shyam's deception continues.  He answers Kushi's call, happy to hear from her.  She asks him if he has a job for her and he says he is not ready but he always keeps promises so she shouldn't worry.  He talks with her as his wife is standing nearby implying that she is his friend's mother.  Anjali takes the scrap he has thrown to her and asks to say hi.  He fakes a bad connection and disconnects the call.  She says to him that it sounds like he loves her very much and she does love him also.  He asks dreamily, "you think so?  It is nice." The lion has escaped the hunter, feeds the scrap to his lioness and is safely in his den.

The doorbell rings and Mami goes to answer.  Lavanya and Arnav have come home.  Come in, Anjali says one minute.  She has the thali and goes to start the arti.  Our lioness stops her and say she doesn't come as bahu of this house all rituals happen after marriage.  Anjali says that one day she will be bahu.  Shyam says to Nani that she is our guest so do it for Anjali.  Mami relieves the tension.  She is our comic relief, it's a doorway not a waiting room!   Di goes over to Lavanya and Lavanya says to her "Di, I just got here and you are leaving to go to temple?  I promise I will go with you tomorrow."  Anjali tells Lavanya it is a ritual greeting and Lavanya's reply is "Oh."  Anjali starts the arti and Lavanya follows the thal around and around until she feels dizzy, she tells ASR.  As Anjali is doing arti ASR is picturing his Kushi during Teej pooja.  Oh that poor man!  All he thinks about is Kushi and he is moving Lavanya into his home.  Having Lavanya in the house, ASR, will not make you forget Kushi!  Lavanya greets everyone and Nani doesn't respond.  Lavanya looks at ASR but he looks away.  She has entered into the Lion(ess)'s Den.

GH- Payal says everything is packed and Kushi is having second thoughts; she tells Payal she isn't sure she made the right decision.  She wants to receive a sign from above that her decision is right or wrong.  Payal reminds her to take DM.  DM drape falls; she holds her in her hands and pictures her demon flying in the air to capture her DM in his hands as he lands right on top of her.  Breaths intermingled, bodies touching so intimately'she slams DM down on her desk closing her eyes in frustration. Why is this devil always on her mind?

RM-  Lavanya is asked what she would like and the answer is juice no sugar, no ice.  Mami the comic genius says  "what a coincidence Arnav doesn't like sugar too.  After the wedding they will not have to buy sugar in their house."  Nani gives her a glare.   La gives her pastries to Jai Prakash to serve.  Everyone just loves the aroma of her cakes.  Mami asks how they are made as she inhales the delicious fragrance.  Lavanya lists flour, salt, eggs'.OH NO!  Anjali says we don't eat eggs and Lavanya apologizes.  Mami needs to take a bath.  Lavanya says to ASR, "it is hot so I should change and go to the bathroom so where is your room?"  Mouths hang open.  ASR "I will show you."  They walk away.

There is a roar, the cubs are frightened, the lioness roars again, "Hey there Ms. Kashyup!"  The den is quiet.  They halt.  "What are you thinking and where do you think you are going?  I am asking you a question!" she roars.  ASR stands up for Lavanya saying she just got here and Nani can ask her all the questions later.  Nani retorts, "I am not going to ask anything, I am going to tell you only.  Lavanya WILL NOT stay in your room.  I agreed to let her stay in this house to maintain the respect and dignity of this family I had no other option but I can not let her stay in your room before marriage.  This is against our culture and our tradition."  ASR replies,"Nani, you know very well how I feel about these traditions." " And you know my opinion on that.  Tell me how you figured that Lavanya would stay in your room?  You did not think of the respect or culture of this family?"  Lavanya meows, "But Nani, the meaning of living together is that you stay together."  Mami in the back of the den mews,"Hello hi bye bye I think Ms. Kashyup likes to play with lions!!!"  Lavanya continues, "ASR and me in the same room'"ROAR!!!! "Forget it Ms. Kashyup!  NOT POSSIBLE!  Have you seen Chote, she argues with me already.  I accepted this because of you but I see you will do anything I like.  Jai Prakash place her bags in the guest room."   Lavanya looks at ASR and walks away following Jai Prakash.  

He is ready to fight against the lioness.  Shyam holds him on the shoulder.  The young cub begins.  "Sorry jiju.  Nani I don't think it was necessary to aggravate the situation any further.  Lavanya has come as a visitor and if you continue in this manner then'" Protecting her pride and den she replies, "What then Chote?"  "You already know the answer.  I will leave this house.  Lavanya and I will leave.  I am not interested in culture or traditions.  I have had enough and don't want to talk about this issue repeatedly."  The cub walks away angrily.

Nani, Anjali, Shyam and the rest of the family are in shock.  Nani continues that they wanted her to accept Lavanya into this house and see what happened.  Anjali calms her saying she just got here and give them time to get use to the traditions of the pride.  Nani agrees to a term of one month and if she is worthy of being a bahu of the pride otherwise she is out. She follows with a challenge, "And no one should dare defend him then!"  She looks sternly at both Anjali and Shyam.  She walks away to her lioness' den.

In ASR's room.  The cub angrily removes his jacket, tie, rolls up his sleeves and Shyam enters.  He tells his jiju that he is not going to stay in these conditions.  Shyam says no problem.  Calm down, you haven' t listened to Nani.   ASR asks Shyam if there is no respect in the relationship he has with Lavanya if there is no marriage?  Lavanya deserves respect, no?  He says they want to stay together but don't want the conventions of marriage.  Nani should understand this.  Shyaam tries to explain Nani's point of view that the type of relationship he is talking about only occurs through marriage and she needs a stamp of approval from society unless she will feel shame.  He doesn't care about anyone's stamp of approval. 

The servant brings tea.  Shyam's answer to calming everyone is a cup of tea. "Here have some."  He takes a cup of tea. 

ASR, the young cub, trying to find his way in the pride, tells Shyam, "This is my life, you know me, I feel different about marriage.  I don't want to get married because of the pressures of society, anyway I don't believe in it.  Each person has a different perspective and mine is just as important as Nani.  I want to live my life as I want! "  Shyam understands but it is important to respect the elders of the pride, just try once to do as Nani says.  You will see the heart can melt an iceberg into water maybe then she will see your perspective.  "I realized pretty quickly that you wanted to take control of your life and your future.  Do not make hasty decisions you will regret later.  Remember no person can take back his words or actions.  Life is not a video player that rewinds when you want."  This last sentence of Shyam hits him to the core.  He stands, thinking about those words and images of all the terrible things he has done to Kushi come pouring back into his head.  He sees himself breaking her pearl dori, letting go of her hand while holding her high above the boxes in his office and the letting her fall, he imagines him holding her frail wrist so tight at the guest house that he breaks her glass bangle cutting her and sees the drops of her ruby red blood and finally he hears her words, "You hate me don't you? You hate my status right? You don't want to see my face right?  Then be happy because I will go away from you forever.  I will go to Lucknow forever!"  He is ready to roar in pain!

He stands, the cub torn, clenching his paws he lives in the Lion(ess)'s Den.  Whose rules will he follow?  Will he stay with the pride?  Which lioness will be his or will he have both; one in his den and the other in his mind and heart?

hi cynthia,
that line in bold pink, that's the moment which made the episode for me. you wrote is so simply and yet the nail was hit right on the headπŸ˜ƒ. this girl gets inside him. very nice lioness's den theme. all in red great. bit of a den isn't it our rm, with feline animals, slithering ones and mamiji (an utterly unique animal).

your last line, πŸ‘.

see ya sooon. hope all continues to be  fun with the lg in your den.

btw, i am a leo and you know who is a leo. somehow, lionesses and cubs have a nicer ring to them these days. ha ha.

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-48

sohara, hi

nice take.
oh yes of course la and asr had a physical realtionship. otherwise why would he want her to move in and why should she. he repeatedly said this relationship is important, and since he didn't believe in marriage it would remain valid but without traditional sanction. and that talk of shower and show me your room from lavanya, so intimate, made things emphatically clear as did her lines on of living in with nani. which is why i was surprised when i'd see long arguments about whether he'd been to bed with her or not mich later, or the furore over sheetal (i didn't like the sheetal track for other reasons but that he might have had sex with her back in college didn't bother me).
i liked this honesty around asr's character. and la's.

your lines in red stood out for me.

in bold green, ugh, i hate such manipulative people.

in bold pink, great thought, yeah did he want to press that rewind button?
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

WOW Indi, your tango has left me speechless. just  a wonderful comparison, so beautiful! LOVED the whole thing, blue stuck out and purple popped πŸ˜† i love how you touched upon the woman in Khushi, he did bring her out. and took a while for her to get comfortable around him enough to be that cute innocent girl even then at the drop of a hat, on sensual look from him and the woman would emerge. just  β€οΈ 
Now that the tango is over, i guess the Paaso Doble' (my fav, sorry for spelling) begins. πŸ˜‰
btw, your edits in this one...AMAZING!!

ami,
i was so delighted to see those purples, decided to to show off and leave my original post on. πŸ˜† thanks for reading and liking. i notice almost all of barun gets a purple nod. hmmm.

oh he does touch a different nerve in madam kkg, doesn't he? and she just makes him crazy. i wish the sp silliness hadn't marred khushi's sketch, boy i'd have loved to have seen the woman come out more fully, show the desire that must have singed her every time he looked at her or touched her lightly, teasingly. only once in a while the delight was ours, haldi, farm house, etc., but otherwise she was sheathed in bahurianess and above us mere mortals. pity and more pity. such a fine set of actors and this is what you do.

no matter. to passo doble we go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=SG&hl=en-GB&v=gA4nQn4V9Uw

credit uploader

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail
@Ami
HI Arashi!!!
nice one, these epis were too good weren't they?  red stuck out for me and the purples really popped. I really liked how you incorporated the loss of his mom in his feelings when Khushi leaves. subcutaneously that could been the case, the loss of his mom was hard on him and the thought of Khushi leaving...he just couldn't bear it. those emotions emoted too well by Barun. Arnav lookes so helpless, just wanted to hug him!... of course i want to hug him all the time πŸ˜†

Thnx Ami

In red Yes these epis are like ocean of emotions across the board.Their relationship has a roller coaster ride all the time but their connection is just like a sticky magic glue which is keeping them together.
In blue As Khushi was the only he took to the garden so unconsciously he gave that place to Kushi as he also accepted on his Suhag raat when you came to my life I remember only the  moments which I spent with you and forget the past related with whatever...

In Purple..really I felt that pain so much he just can't let people go to leave him for forever especially those who become part of his life and Khushi is his life whether he accept it or not at this point.

sigrid thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: indi52

Interesting..Indi I am leo too and cinthiann too