Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 50
of doorways, dupattas, devi maiya, and signs people just don't get.

jaldbaazi mein li gayi faisla hamesha galat hota hai. decisions taken in a rush are always wrong. khushi, are you listening? so you felt the pounding in your heart, the longing in your thoughts, the wanting in your veins, and when the door opened in a hot storeroom swarming with unspoken emotion you decided to bolt. the door is open khushi now, so why can't you run way?

why this jalebi mountain of hesitation? what's this ishara you seek? your father's shop is gone, your parents need you there, you've been in this city only two weeks, your first time ever, yet dilli seems to have a hold over you that your home, your lucknow is beginning to lose. hume aapse koi baat nahi karni. really?

maybe it's time to exit one doorway and enter another. the images of doors fill the episodes. time to cross the threshold to a new phase of life? always hard, but here it is and dm works hard to open your eyes, awaken your consciousness. you don't really want to go to lucknow hamesha ke liye. your hamesha is moving cities.

"hume maaf kar dijiye devi maiya, hum fir se aap ko bhoolke jaa rahe the." what's happened to me, dm, again i forget you!

there are many ways we show reluctance to do a thing, this is just one of them. a hundred impediments you create in the path, so that it need not be taken. i've done it. i remember years ago, i had to leave my home to go back to bombay to finish my studies. i didn't want to go, because my boyfriend had moved back to calcutta from bombay and the thought of leaving him was not sitting well with me at all. when we left home for the station, first i realised i'd forgotten the tickets, so we came back. my heart was heavy, there was enough time. why why? then almost at the station, i discovered i'd left my keys at home. ah i thought, now my mom and bf would have to turn back, not much time for the train's departure too.

heartless zamana, the two decided i didn't need keys to my bags, the lock could be broken once i reached. i was taken to that train... oh i know exactly how khushi's feeling. only diff, she refuses to know why.

"yeh ho kya raha hai, devi maiya, kya hum sahi kar rahe hain, ya fir... ya fir koi galat kadam utha rahe hain... kuch toh boliye na dm, kuch toh ishara dijiye." am i doing right? oh, give me a sign.

and the breeze, so long a companion of all the conspirators in this tale of love that almost wasn't, rises and lifts dm's sparkling chunari, her dupatta...

wrapping it over her face. did she remember someone's face covered in her naughty dupatta... ber sarai... storeroom... mazar, but that one only the dupatta knew and the man with hurt and anger in his eyes.

with an uncertain air, a trace of worry bordering on hysteria in her voice, fidgety movements, finding innovative ways to delay departure, khushi showed how khush she was about her decision.

a quirky, cute, khushiness to her  expression of this angst.

a whole episode almost went by with details of plot thickening, comedy around lavanya, mamiji and the travails of turning la into a kitchen quoon. but bhen mami's here vy phear? we did get to the other side of that angst finally.

only, nothing quirky or cute here.

just intensity.

longing.

terrible hurt.

helplessness.

a man whose girl friend had come home to live with him only a day ago, stood helpless before a locked door. not his gf's home. he didn't say a word. none of that give ishara, what to do now, frenetic movement. nothing. in fact he stood still. at first, pretending not to care.

then ever so cautiously, almost as though wanting to shield himself from hurt, yet not being able to stop himself from looking, he turned.

how vulnerable this tall dark handsome man. always in control. ever the dominant one. yet right now, fragile... fearful... unsure of how to touch these feelings riving him.

kab se aankhen meri raha mein teri bichhi... words from a song in my head. there was also pain in his darkening orbs, pain in his breath it seemed.

he stood still. and i heard so much. his director, arshad khan, has gone on record saying the intensity and "everything" was in barun. yes, indeed it was.

sometimes i wonder does barun sobti actively create these gazes or are they just part of him? so much roil, so much depth in those eyes. staggering. my heart can't help but respond. if the job of an actor is to take us away from our immediate hard reality and help us fly our mind and heart to places of imagination, letting us free ourselves and return with freshness, look at things anew, then barun sobti does it every time for me. no idea if that is the job of an actor, but can tell you with abs honesty, this is what he gives me.

a door had closed yet he couldn't look away, he watched motionless, only eyes moving heaven and earth... rabba vey filled the air.

and she pushed him hard... the fiery girl in the guest house captured his mind. as if not content with hisvulnerability, the breeze and the dupattas got together to plague him. stir his feelings. make him realise. force him to readsigns.

she was fainting in his arms...

he was carrying her...

and then through this very doorway, he'd brought her in that night of storm and rain... this doorway that stared back at him unblinking... shut...

to lay her ever so gently on the bed, cradling her head,

and to find when he wanted to leave her, that she didn't want to let go, her hand clutched onto him.

a tenderness couldn't help but fill his heart. maybe that's precisely when his heart got caught and he never knew. how much he'd want that hand to hold on the day on the cliff. then he'd cross another threshold with her carrying her just like this... the first time ever that he'd stepped across through a doorway, her in  his arms.

he stared long at this memory. but the dupattas got even more intrusive and as he caught one to move it away, storeroom returned.

her dupatta flying and caressing him, refusing to leave even though she was ranting, hurling her words at him. hamari shakal nahin dekhna chahte hain na aap... hum jaa rahein hain... hamesha ke liye...

come back, his aching gaze seemed to plead trying to push aside the curtain pf pain and open a door, walk in maybe... iss pyaar mein sahi aur galat ka koi matlab nahin... agr matlab hai toh sirf iss baat ka ki main tumse hamesha... hamesha

did she hear his call through all the breeze, the swirl of dupatta, the grip of denial? her ear leaning out wanting to catch something someone said?

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6BuSdEE3kU[/YOUTUBE]
credit uploader

Indi, when I read your review it makes me wish that IPK was still going.  How incredible was this team of actors, directors, writers, crew...  Your writing stirs my very soul.  Sobti's eyes and his lack of words in this epi brought longing to my heart and soul.  I felt his pain.  Our Kushi aka Sanaya and her ignorance of her gut feelings were so believable.  She wanted to stay she kept asking for a sign but chose to not get them!  Brilliant again as always.
..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Disclaimer:I would like to acknowledge that all my translations have been found on You Tube Videos translated by Alexa.   All credit of translation and my interpretation of her work is acknowledged.  All work I consider to be my own with the help of the translation.  If work is used please credit.  Thank you all for reading!

Episode 51

Solutions

Anjali is tying her thread when she believes she sees Shyam but before you know it he disappears.  Was he there? She goes out to the car and Arnav is near the Gupta house just looking at the locked door.  That locked door has unlocked the memories of Kushi in his mind.  He looks so sad.  She asks him what he is doing there.  He ignores her. She tells him she thinks she saw his Jiju.  "Why would he be here?  Let's go."  He looks one last time at the locked door as Anjali is getting into the car.  The solution would be to leave all his regret behind those locked doors.  As they are leaving the colony they run into Shyam.  Anjali  tells Arnav to stop the car and rings Shyam on the phone.  Shyam answers and they get out of the car.   Just in the nick of time, some fellow Shyam knows, passes by and stops to talk with him.  He shoos him away and both Anjali and Arnav approach.  Shyam blabbers about working for the guy in the stand trying to get his pension problems solved and that is why he is here. Yes, that is his solution for an excuse of why he is in this colony.  He apologizes to Anjali because he had to "work".  She tells him he takes care of everybody.  Let's go.  As both the men are getting into the car they both are affected by the locked Gupta house, Kushi's solution was leaving Delhi. 

Lavanya is working in the kitchen and crying because she is chopping onions.  She is fixing her face and complaining that she should have worn waterproof makeup.  Mami is beside herself since Miss Lavanya has absolutely no talent in the kitchen.  Mami's solution to this problem is giving her menial tasks which Lavanya just can't do.  Mami finally gives her the flour to make the roti, all she will have to do is add water and mix.  NOT.  Lavanya doesn't want to get her nails ruined so her solution is to use two spoons.  Mami tells her it wont be ready until her golden jubilee and airhead Lavanya says you have been married for 50 years?  Great, congratulations!  Mami says she will make the roti as well.  Lavanya should cut some coconut for garnish.  How much trouble could she get into with that task?  Lavanya tries to open the coconut with a butter knife.  The pressure cooker whistle blows and she is startled an up in the air goes the knife and down it comes landing between Mami's toes.  Mami is very happy she only used a butter knife and not a chef knife!

Uncle Rahim is waiting outside of Nani's room and out comes Laxmi so he goes running after her calling her name waking Naniji.  She gets up and goes to check on  Lavanya.

In the taxi Buaji gives Kushi jalebi for the train ride to Lucknow.  She doesn't want her to eat it now.  She mentions to Kushi that it is cooking and preparing jalebi that Kushi finds solutions to her problems.  Maybe she will find the solution just by eating the sweets.  That's it!  Kushi asks Buaji to come closer and she hugs her.  She tells the taxi driver to turn back.  She found her solution!

Mami thanks Lavanya for doing something wrong, using the butter knife otherwise she would have been dead!  Nani wants to know if anyone is there?  Mami asks if Lavanya added sugar to the milk and she says she did she added one less because she knows Arnav doesn't like it.  Instead of not adding any because he can't have it she added one less tablespoon.  Arnav watch out this girl is going to kill you!  Mami's solution to this situation is that she needs help because her son's future depends on it! 

The Gupta's are home sweet home!  Kushi asks Happy if Mr. Bedi is around she needs to speak to him about space in the garage.  She is going to open a Candy Store!  She is jumping up and down so excited.

In Arnav's car Anjali gives him the drape to place around his mirror.  He takes it remembering saving Kushi's flying Goddess in the store room.  Shyam places it around the mirror.

Buaji tells Kushi that preparing sweets is not easy and Kushi says that they can do it for thye neighborhood and make the offerings for the mandir.  She says she prayed for a sign and DM gave her this jalebi as the solution to the problem.  Lots of people will buy.  Say yes Buaji, say yes.  Buaji is thinking "Madhumita Mishtan Bandar" sounds like a nice name for a bakery!

Now that's a solution!

Loved this analysis!!!! What a perfect title
Arshi.Sugi.IPK thumbnail
Amazing Thread 👍🏼 IPK ARSHI Forever 😊
ina211 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@indi52
ami,
thanks for reading that old one. yeah on crooner, we all got wonderfully carried away and into the emotions. shyam's lust vs arnav's lust, many discussions on that too.

=====================

Hey indi...u mentioned about discussions on crooner...
i'm sorry i'm new...could u please le me know if it is on india forums or some other site?