Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago
hehe !! Minnie you quoted your self. 😆
~*Ria*~ thumbnail

Are we both sailing on the same boat.

No... I think they are different boats... one is causing gigantic tides in response for small ones (Israel) and the other is suffering from Big tides and hardly doing anything (India). 

Is Israel doing it the right way?

Personally, I don't think Israel is doing the right thing. Right now, about 10 minutes ago, on the news I saw their leaders stating that they are taking revenge from Lebanon because they captured 2 Israeli soldiers. So... I think everyone should by now have the view clearly in front of them. Do you think a country should attack and kill a massive amount of civilians of the rival country just because that rival country JUST captured 2... i repeat just 2 soldiers.... 

Is Israel justified?  I don't think so. :)

Is this the solution India should take too in response of active terorism

Now the reason for India to response is way bigger. MANY MANY innocent Indian citizens lost their lives for nothing. I think if India found out who is responsible (and the info is CORRECT and not just based on a suspicion) then India should be justified and it would be legitimate for them to give a strong response.

~*Ria*~ thumbnail

Originally posted by: Minnie

If Palestine and Lebanon throw their arms and ammunitions in the sea, there will be complete peace in the Mid east.....but if Israel throws it weapons in the sea, it will be wiped off the face of the earth....

I COMPLETELY agree with you... COMPLETELY!

Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Ria, it's not about two soldiers. It's about an outfit which deems fit to cross the internationally designated border, attack a troop of soldiers, kill eight of them, and kidnap three of them. It's an attack which was simply done with the motive of disrupting peace in the region. With Iran and Syria's backing, it greatly underestimated Israel's strength and determination.

Israel warned and asked the soldiers to be given back. And then launched an attack. All it wants to do is to create a 20 mile buffer zone, so that Hezbollah, which is not the Lebonese govt, but an outfit with terrorist cells all over the world, can no longer cross borders to kill border patrolling troops or fire rockets at Israel with impunity. Let the Lebonese govt disarm Hezbollah and take control over the South Lebonese govt themselves..Israel will immediately retreat and stop bombing...will they be able to do it? No. Why? Because Iran is doing it's best to arm hezbollah so that it can wipe this nation off the face of the earth. I am not sure anyone here would actually like to be in Israel's position.

Someone at some point has to show these terrorist outfits who cooly occupy lands and start their own regime at the cost of terror and murders, and frankly, I don't care how many hospitals they open to cure it's wounded, but rather disgusted at the fact that they kill and maime people to achieve a target.

They have been crying foul that israel is bombing beirut, which is the paris of the mid east....is it?

Yesterday many channels covered the whole of south Beirut, and there is such a strong hold of Hezbollah that the cameras were not allowed to capture a single photograph of anyone around them. These men have rocket launchers right in front of civilian buildings, bunkers in the civilian basement........can anyone explain why any outfit, if it's just a political one, have such terroristic military organisation where they happily use civilians as their body shields and hide behind women and children to fire their guns?? And when these launchers are tracked and destroyed, they cry out civilians are killed. Cowards.

~*Ria*~ thumbnail

Ria, it's not about two soldiers. It's about an outfit which deems fit to cross the internationally designated border, attack a troop of soldiers, kill eight of them, and kidnap three of them. It's an attack which was simply done with the motive of disrupting peace in the region. With Iran and Syria's backing, it greatly underestimated Israel's strength and determination.

Israel warned and asked the soldiers to be given back. And then launched an attack. All it wants to do is to create a 20 mile buffer zone, so that Hezbollah, which is not the Lebonese govt, but an outfit with terrorist cells all over the world, can no longer cross borders to kill border patrolling troops or fire rockets at Israel with impunity. Let the Lebonese govt disarm Hezbollah and take control over the South Lebonese govt themselves..Israel will immediately retreat and stop bombing...will they be able to do it? No. Why? Because Iran is doing it's best to arm hezbollah so that it can wipe this nation off the face of the earth. I am not sure anyone here would actually like to be in Israel's position.

Someone at some point has to show these terrorist outfits who cooly occupy lands and start their own regime at the cost of terror and murders, and frankly, I don't care how many hospitals they open to cure it's wounded, but rather disgusted at the fact that they kill and maime people to achieve a target.

They have been crying foul that israel is bombing beirut, which is the paris of the mid east....is it?

Yesterday many channels covered the whole of south Beirut, and there is such a strong hold of Hezbollah that the cameras were not allowed to capture a single photograph of anyone around them. These men have rocket launchers right in front of civilian buildings, bunkers in the civilian basement........can anyone explain why any outfit, if it's just a political one, have such terroristic military organisation where they happily use civilians as their body shields and hide behind women and children to fire their guns?? And when these launchers are tracked and destroyed, they cry out civilians are killed. Cowards.

Yes, Minnie... I'm aware of the fact that Israel "only wanted to create a 20 mile buffer zone".... but the idea I just can't digest is that how come countries like America and Israel are justified if they have armed forces and small countries like Lebanon are not. Generally speaking, Israel has always been a bigger power (and will be if others don't have armed forces) due to it's technological advances in mass destruction when u take it's long war with Palestine in consideration. How come Israel can have elements for attacking when needed and the others can not? For example, if for some reason, be it greed or animosity, Israel attacks Lebanon and Lebanon doesnt have any organization such as Hezbollah and their armed forces... then what will they do? Just wait for their death with the fact that they really cannot do anything? Plus everyone knows they'll hardly get any help from the strong, developed countries (like right now the UN, USA and Europe are quiet and watching Israel pound Lebanon). I mean USA is like the fully devoted husband of it's wife Israel... that too just cuz of religious factors... n iz indigestible by me. If Hezbollah surrenders and throws it's armed forces away... they wont have anything that will make the other countries hesitate from attacking their nation. Now I'm not saying that they should utilize their forces for minor reasons and kill innocent people for no reason, im just saying that, Like Israel, America and all developed countries of the world, they should have forces too, so before attacking them, their rival will think a million times and not take advantage of their weakness and the fact that they hardly have any forces or have no forces. Plus, looking at Israel's past deeds, their leader's quotes (which indicate great animosity frm the core... even if they don't fully show it), any country would want to have forces, military, etc like Hezbollah with them. If Hezbollah SAYS that they'll do this n that FOR this n that... that is not a big enough reason for Israel to start doing mass destruction (and that too for 16 days continuosly🤢). If they actually did do the deeds they say then that is the correct time for settlement and some talk and if that doesnt work... then obviously, war. But if Hezbollah used it's power in a negative way and took advantage of it in a sick manner by killing Israeli civilians for ONLY animosity... then that's a different story and is certainly not justified. But yes, another indigestible fact is the mission of Hezbollah to wipe off Israel from the Map Of Earth.

BUT!

This 16 days of continuous deadly mass destruction isn't only killing the Lebanese, but also arousing Al-Qaeda to take some serious action (i just saw on the news that they got a new tape in which Al-Zawari... a member of al-Qaeda has stated that they'll do something big now as Israel has finally started showing it's colors of animosity.... ). So I think this bloodshed is gonna go real far and might harm people all over the world... esp Israel and US. It's quite heartbreaking when u think of wht might happen of the future if everything stays like this. Now everyone knows just WHAT they can do... and how far they can go... and how 'crazy' they can get.... so i think Israel shudve considered a lot of factors before having this fanatic behaviour.

So all im trying to say is that this bombing that Israel is doing isn't doing them any good and wont. Instead, they'll have MORE tribulations in front of them. They wanted to diminish Hezbollah so that Hezbollah can't wipe em off... but look... Now Israel will have Hezbollah AND Al-Qaeda running after it with a Knife in their hands. But the thing is Israel hasn't only gone in the poisonous room itself, but also dragged the rest of the world in the room with itself. Because of this al-Qaeda has now vowed to harm all the people who didnt speak up when Israel was bombing.... and i woudnt be more clear if i say that's almost all of the world. It's very depressing.... for all of us no matter where we live... but if i imagine myself as an Israeli citizen, i definetely see myself as an insecure person who doesnt know what might happen ahead. Sometimes it's more important to use a brain than a bomb. :(   

-Ria

Edited by ~*Ria*~ - 17 years ago
~*Ria*~ thumbnail
Another very true fact i want to disclose right now... is....

I need some Fresh Airrrrrrrrrr!!!!😆
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: ~*Ria*~

Yes, Minnie... I'm aware of the fact that Israel "only wanted to create a 20 mile buffer zone".... but the idea I just can't digest is that how come countries like America and Israel are justified if they have armed forces and small countries like Lebanon are not.

Ria, US or Israel is NOT against Lebanon having armed forces. It's in fact ASKING the Lebanese govt to deploy armed forces to control the southern borders. Outfits like Hezbollah do not have arms to 'protect' themselves. They have it to make attacks on Israel and 'wipe it off the face of the earth' 🤢🤢. It is not israel, it is these extremist outfits which should be kicked out of this world. It's the likes of them for whom each and every islamic country in the world is facing censure and regarded with suspicion.

Tell me, what happened during the Kargil war? Some so called 'mercenaries' attacked India. Now the Pakistani govt said they had no hand in it, which was of course proved within no time as being false. Now if those 'mercenaries' had started firing rockets at india from Islamabad, and Pakistan kept on saying we don't support but can't do anything, what would have been a course of action? Now think of Israel in that way. hats off to israel for caring for it's 12 people victimised in that attack. it cares. in India, thousands die, and nothing happens.🤢 

Dialogues? What has it ever acheived? What would have happened? israel would have asked, they would have refused. It would have gone on for some days, and then it would have died down. then hezbollah would have attacked again, emboldened by lack of any firm action, and this time gone a little deeper, killed some more men, kidnapped some more soldiers. It would have gone on. And then perhaps one day you would have heard hezbollah has overthrown the Lebonese govt, like Al Qaida, and excursions to border increased. There even might be a civil war, throwing the whole region onto chaos. So the best way to divert is to create a common enemy, and that would be to redirect the whole attention to israel. In other words, attack it. And it would have the backing of Iran and Syria. By then iran would have developed it's nuclear weapon and then i guess it isn't difficult to figure out the rest.

Israel evacuated South Lebanon under the understanding that it would be goverened by the Lebonese govt by lebonese army and will be created a 'no terror' zone. What happened? Lebanon's south border was captured by hezbollah proxy run by Syria who run that part on their own terms and do whatever they want.

When israel evacuated Gaza,   it had to employ force on it's own citizens who were settled there. The whole world rejoiced saying now we shall see some peace there . Some Arabic countries even touted it as a victory. Everyone said that now Palestine shud have no trouble as they got what they wanted. What did it achieve? Palestinian outfit Hamas got some extra milege to lob Qasam rockets deeper into Israel !!!!!! The very next month !!!! Who is attacking whom?? There is not one reason ever sighted why Israel attacks palestine or Lebanon in the South other than as a retort to an attack. And iranian and Syrian govt are screaming from roof tops that hamas and hezbollah are doing it to finish Israel. And you still say they are right??

In India, if a car and a cycle clashes, even if it's the cyclist fault, the car guy gets bashed up. Why? because he is rich and car is a more powerful vehicle. But the cycle is weak, so allowed to do anything it likes.

Originally posted by: ~*Ria*~

This 16 days of continuous deadly mass destruction isn't only killing the Lebanese, but also arousing Al-Qaeda to take some serious action (i just saw on the news that they got a new tape in which Al-Zawari... a member of al-Qaeda has stated that they'll do something big now as Israel has finally started showing it's colors of animosity.... ). So I think this bloodshed is gonna go real far and might harm people all over the world... esp Israel and US. It's quite heartbreaking when u think of wht might happen of the future if everything stays like this. Now everyone knows just WHAT they can do... and how far they can go... and how 'crazy' they can get.... so i think Israel shudve considered a lot of factors before having this fanatic behaviour.

You are right. But did it ever stop by dialogues?

Look around you. In every nook and corner of the world, Islamic terrorist outfits are killing,kidnapping, maiming, ruining people. each and every country has been affected. What's new in what Al Qaida is saying? It killed thosands of innocent people when there was no israel hezbollah war. It's using Iraq as a field camp to field train it's recruits. It is planting bombs wherever it possibly can. It's kidnapping and beheading peole as if they are some kind of a doll. Iran is developing neclear weapons obviously with an eye on Tel Aviv. Syria is funding hezbollah so that it can proxy control the Sunni lebonese govt as well as keep creting trouble for Israel - after all, can't forget the basic agenda, can they.....wipe Israel off !!!

Riots are common place everywhere in the world. Sometimes it's Shia Sunni, sometimes it's Jew Muslim, sometimes it's Hindu muslim. And in all this, there just seems to be one agenda. Become a muslim, give us power or die. Where does it stop? The stop has to begin somewhere. Someone has to say "NO" somewhere.

These outfits are like termites, eating good solid wood and making the world hollow. recruiting thousands of innocents all across the world to do their dirty jobs.

The fact is, burying our heads down the trench is going to do nothing but allaying the inevitable.

In 1930s, the biggest mistake that the world did was to underestimate Hitler. They avoided a war by getting into dialouges for 7 long years. yes, it was done. But by the end of it, hitler had enough time to create and put into place the moster which ultimately changed the history of the world.

Sometimes, dialouges do nothing but buy time for the parties to get more destructive machinery into place. It might be delayed, but the fact is, if not today, but tomorrow it will come. The only difference being, it might be too late by then.

insouciance thumbnail

Now think of Israel in that way. hats off to israel for caring for it's 12 people victimised in that attack. it cares. in India, thousands die, and nothing happens.🤢 

Ummmmm...reiterating....Pakistan is no Palestine.........Both India and Pakistan are nuclear nations......Had pakistan been as weak as Bhutan or Tibet,India would have overthrown it long ago......

SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Lemon_Pepper

Ummmmm...reiterating....Pakistan is no Palestine.........Both India and Pakistan are nuclear nations......Had pakistan been as weak as Bhutan or Tibet,India would have overthrown it long ago......

Agree! Pak is no Palestine. One can have some sympathy with Palestinians but Pakistan deserves no sympathy.

~*Ria*~ thumbnail

See... the thing is Hezbollah may be wrong from 99 out of 100 perspectives, but the thought that stings one's mind is that Israel+UK+US state that they want to diminish terrorism and make democracy overthrow ideologies regarding hatred in countries like Lebanon, Syria, Iran.... etc. Now this is a VERY good thing n i absolutely agree with them.... BUT... how come they didn't think of peacemaking strategies at the time when Palestine was getting literally pounded by Israel (due to it's superior power regarding forces) n this was\is a gigantic period of bloodshed. And NOW... when it was confirmed by everyone that the gun is pointed towards Israel.... they suddenly started moving towards the fact of democracy in the Mid-East.... ? Kinda indigestible😒.

btw:-p.... Hezbollah may be a different party n not the govt of Lebanon.... but the sad fact is that it's the majority of the Parliament in Lebanon.

GOD... this topic is too sensitive for a 14 yr old😆... lemme RUN OUTTA here b4 my brain goes cuckoo ðŸ˜†.... Social studies in Summer Vacation.. yuck🤢 ðŸ˜† ðŸ˜†  (JKg)