Very sad news.. Jaspal Bhatti no more

Posted: 11 years ago

Very sad news.. Jaspal Bhatti no more. Died in an accident in Jalandhar

Damn, what's up with all the deaths

Jaspal Bhatti 😭😭 May you RIP. I used to enjoy some of your old funny shows especially flop show during my childhood, makes me nostalgic 😒
This is terrible news. I remember watching his shows when I was a kid. May his soul rest in peace. 
I remember him from Aa Ab Laut Chalein. RIP, Jaspal sir.

My sincere condolences to his family.
Oh God!! What a shock, this is really terrible news ðŸ˜­

He was the father of comedy on TV. Ulta Pulta and Flop Show were super programs. Of late, he had taken a backseat. But his death is a real tragedy. May his soul RIP.
Omg what a shock...roads r not safe in India ---- proved again...RIP
Extremly sad news.😭.. Hate road accidents.😡.R.I.P Jaspal bhattiji
 Ulta Pulta was and remains one of its kind. He was a master of satire.Very sad news indeed.
R.I.P.

His shows dealt with serious political issues in a comic way. A satire with a message. A great man in his own way.

Film actor and comedian Jaspal Bhatti died in a road accident near Jalandhar early Thursday.

The car in which the 57-year-old actor was travelling hit a roadside tree near Shahkot in Nakodar area of the district around 1 a.m., Bhatti's associate Vinod Sharma told PTI in Chandigarh.

Mr. Sharma said that Bhatti was going to Jalandhar from Bhatinda for the promotion of his Punjabi film Power Cut scheduled to be released on Friday.

Bhatti's son Jasraj, who was driving the car and film's heroine Suril Gautam were injured and rushed to a hospital at Jalandhar.

Mr. Sharma said that Bhatti had been travelling over the past few days for the promotion of his new film.

The cremation is expected to take place later Thursday evening after his body is brought to Chandigarh after completion of various legal formalities, including post-mortem, Mr. Sharma said.

Bhatti leaves behind his wife Savita, a son and a daughter