Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: tannipartner

Donno about Punjab but if u say that anywhere in modern West bengal or Bangladesh u will be torn apart before you finish this sentence. And people irrespective of religion will come together to tear you apart..

There does not exist a person, a mai ka lal, on this universe let along Bangla et al. who would be able to even touch me without my permission let alone "tear me apart". My request to you would be to learn some manners and behave like a civilized person and not a wild animal. And more than that stop speaking for Bengal/Bangladesh and its good people. I doubt they are like you.

And let me say this again.

It was people of certain regions/provinces who wanted a separate state

I am extremely tolerant person and even here I am not reporting you for this nonsense. lol.
Polki_Zofi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
You should show this thread to you Polish friends tannipartner. Quite an aggressive personality you are. I doubt people I meet online more and more. I doubt you having anything to do with Europe. Anyways, it is clear enough for me who was aggressive here, and it is merely sign of helplessness. You can never get away saying things about missionaries to a Catholic and get away with it. You said it, you had to listen. You cannot tolerate and must lash out, it gives me nothing but pity. As I move away from topic already so I will not continue with it. This is responding to your restlessness.

You seem to have much knowledge on Europeans? Good for you. You should feel blessed to be on our lands (if you actually do). Be thankful that it gives you opportunity and good life. Christianity and Europe are never apart, and will never be. Remember it too.

You seriously need medication. If you love your country so much, you should leave for India surely too 😊. Why dont you take next flight and leave? There was one more person here talking many things about Russians, but she seem living safe as a single woman in Russia, which is impossible in India! Still, ofcourse, you know best about Europe and India and we Europeans are not relevant in our own continent and history or culture? Sure.

Religious tolerance? My own husband is a Hindu, I dont try to convert him. If he wishes he may. My son will see both worlds and decide. I will only give him all love and a good family. Sure he will come many times to India, already we will travel. Many of his relatives look forward to him and keep calling. I am sure he will see the worlds clearly.

I hope you get to hear this more times. If you have the gut to show this thread or your behavior in similar manner to other Poles or Europeans, I hope they just ask you "maybe its time for you to leave dear 😊".

For some reason, it is the Indian woman who is so much aggressive, not the men. This I have heard more and seen too. Wonder why.
But I wish it be healed someday, hope in the name of Christ the Son of God.

Never I was involved in such an argument. Infact I am never in arguments πŸ˜†
πŸ˜ƒWHAT A CONTROVERSY I OPENED πŸ˜ƒ!
It is your Father of Nation not MINE!
THANK GOD I NEVER DISCUSS GANDHI WITH MY IN LAWS! πŸ˜ƒ

Edited by Polki_Zofi - 11 years ago
@Polki:
Just one question--Why did you not reply to any of the valid counter-arguments raised by Tannipartner? She clearly took each of your points and nullified them, yet you keep talking with no attempt to address those. You should know that to have a matured debate, you should DEBATE in the first place. All you keep saying is, "May God help you see light" and "I wish India got better", both of which make you sound vapid and immensely condescending. Better you quit if there's nothing more you have to offer here.
Polki_Zofi thumbnail

Originally posted by: krystal_watz

@Polki:
Just one question--Why did you not reply to any of the valid counter-arguments raised by Tannipartner? She clearly took each of your points and nullified them, yet you keep talking with no attempt to address those. You should know that to have a matured debate, you should DEBATE in the first place. All you keep saying is, "May God help you see light" and "I wish India got better", both of which make you sound vapid and immensely condescending. Better you quit if there's nothing more you have to offer here.

I have answered each. But then when people dont see, not much can be done. Christ gave answer to all the question by the Jewish priests, but they said He did not. It means nothing. If you wish you can see through the answers. If you wish more, in write each question once more in numeric order, each question being 10 words 😊. Without attack.

By the way, Gandhi is my favorite national leader in the world. I cannot understand so much aggression. By the way, I dont think tannipartner or those who feel same are interested to see any other answer. They have decided on their perspective and they will never change it. Much like many aggressive groups in the world, nothing can show them the light.

I am a true Catholic and I will always ask everyone to see light 😊. Tannipartner must also work on her attitude. Although I feel she is not aware of it 🀒 I have seen similar lady though, an Indian in a get together in Poland. She later left to India. I wish well for the women of India and self esteem.

(not talking about all Indian women, many surely have lot of courage. Just saw some very aggressive, maybe as they are less in Poland and close down. Recently very motivated to read about Malala of Pakistan!)

Edited by Polki_Zofi - 11 years ago
You did not. You didn't reply to the questions about Gandhi's flaws, his anti-modern industrialization drive. You also chose to keep mum on the role played by the INA and the revolt that their faux trial invited in the British Indian Navy. Also, your statement on "No light beyond Christ" was seriously bigoted and couldn't let you be taken seriously. You should really have left out that bit.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Polki_Zofi

You have wrong information of Missionaries killing natives. Missionaries have light and hope to India. Missionaries saved India. It is because of missionaries, there prayers and the Bible that they took to India that India is still surviving. This is simple truth. Is there no Christian Indian here in this forum? Catholic?

This probably has to be the most arrogant and offensive point I have read. You claim you are not a racist, but here you make an extremely racist demeaning Indians and claiming that the only reason India survives is because of Christian missionaries. I think you are blind and ignorant about the history of missionaries.

I would not label all missionaries as bad. There were several genuinely humanitarian missionaries. Many did spend their lifetimes in rural/tribal areas providing healthcare, food and education. I'm also appreciative of the work that missionaries did against horrendous practices like Sati, child marriage, caste system etc. At the same time many missionaries were downright barbaric. They conducted inquisitions where they tortured and forced people into conversion. They destroyed temples and ancient cultural architecture. Moreover, it was not just missionaries, India had their own share of social reformers like Raja Ram Mohan Roy, Mahatma Jyotiba Phule, Swami Vivekananda etc.

I would make a humble request to you. Please stop trying to discuss this topic further. Your knowledge of India, its people, its history, its culture is highly limited. Your perception of India is limited to Gandhi and some other stereotypes. I don't think you have enough information and understanding on India to make an intelligent debate on this subject. You may mean well, but it is honestly coming off as racist, offensive and demeaning. It is also very pretentious trying to tell us what we should think and whom we should idealize without knowing much about India.

Edited by return_to_hades - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: King-Anu

There does not exist a person, a mai ka lal, on this universe let along Bangla et al. who would be able to even touch me without my permission let alone "tear me apart". My request to you would be to learn some manners and behave like a civilized person and not a wild animal. And more than that stop speaking for Bengal/Bangladesh and its good people. I doubt they are like you.

I am extremely tolerant person and even here I am not reporting you for this nonsense. lol.

I owe you an apology. I got carried away in the heat of the moment  and have responded to you rudely. I am sorry to offend you. It was not my intention. I should have framed my response differently.

Here it is:

A huge number of people from Bengal and current Bangladesh, common people, would vehemently oppose your statement that people of certain regions/ provinces wanted separate state. It always were the leaders.

Offcourse you can have a different opinion on that. Thats why it is a debate.

An ill mannered person do not say I agree even to a person on opposite side of team,guess that portion did not come to your attention. But you are free to have your opinion. I am free to have mine.

PS: My apology was for my harsh response and my way of speaking only, I stand by what i tried to convey.

Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
Polki_Zofi thumbnail
Gandhi being against industrialization and modernization is new to me. If he was maybe he had a reason or maybe he is misunderstood? here is a link

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,988159,00.html

Gandhi was a man of non violence and peace. He even liked western philosophy. This is what I read. This is what I know.

return to hades, missionaries have saved many around the world with the message of Christ. This is a popular saying and belief in Christians. How did I sound racist? What do you mean by racist, can you define racist?

Christ is the savior, the Son of God, the savior of the world. Poland survives for Him, USA survives for Him, India too. What is wrong in this word? How it makes me racist? Christ belong to India as much as any country. Why other races are so quick to label white people as racist?

No knowledge is complete, but hope and belief is. I am also interested in Mohammed Yunus and his micro credit and social business. Many people say wrong about him and he is persecuted in his own country, but many who believe he is great will always support him.

Missionaries never ever killed anyone, they only preached love and saved the world including India. Christ IS the Savior! Where is doubt. Please dont make this thread on religion. It is not meant so. Why someone mentioned missionary killing natives! Why mention missionaries? If you do then any Catholic must MUST defend!
I am appalled I am called racist for this. It is insane πŸ˜•. This thread cannot be to insult, it was for peaceful man. Intolerance is shown by me? Well, I think I can see many lashing out elsewhere.

What can be said! Fine.

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: King-Anu

I think you both are getting vexed over a misunderstanding here. Both of you seem to have taken objection to sentences from each other's posts without addressing full context. In gist, it appears that you both may agree to a certain extent.

Polki_Zofi made a claim that India, Pakistan, Bangladesh always wanted to be separate.

King Anu rightly corrected her saying that British India was actually a lot of independent kingdoms and territories. Some of these regions wanted autonomy/separation. Junagadh, Hyderabad, Kashmir and other minor princely states did not want to merge with India or Pakistan. Some separatists wanted to split Bengal and Punjab down communal lines.

However, not all people in Punjab and Bengal wanted partition. Many people, irrespective of religion, did not want division on communal lines. They wanted a unified Punjab or Bengal, not partition. While partition affected the entire nation. Punjab and Bengal bore the brunt of partition. These two regions faced the most violence and death. That is why many Punjabis and Bengalis tend to be sensitive about partition issues. Partition was a lot more to do with power play and politics rather than will of the people. Many Punjabis and Bengalis don't like being considered responsible for partition. That is why Tannipartner objected to King Anu's statements because it made it seem like all people in Punjab and Bengal wanted partition, which is not true. It was just "some people in regions" not just "people in regions".

And "tear you apart" in my opinion was merely a figure of speech. The post may have been a aggressive, but  I don't think any actual violence or ill will was intended. I'm not sure why King Anu took it like an act of aggression.

We Indians, Pakistanis, Bangladeshis, due to our history will always have our differences, nitpick and argue with other about partition, politics and religion.  Our leaders past and present don't make it easy for us to get along. But I think collectively we all have a better understanding of  the subcontinent, our common culture and history. Why not come together and focus on correcting the misconceptions of outsiders who don't get it. We can start fighting in some other topic. πŸ˜›

LeadNitrate thumbnail
[

RTH, if you see above, I apologised for coming on too harsh. I have modified what i wanted to say there.

"tear you apart" was  indeed a figure of speech. I was harsh about the political propaganda thingi.
But different people will have different interpretation. Its debate mansion.