Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
With Due Respect To Gandhi Ji ,
He was Blessing In Disguise !
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Polki_Zofi

Someone in this topic mentioned that India and Pakistan and Bangladesh all wanted to separate. I think she was King Anu. As she is from Pakistan, she feel it is a separate entity and they always wanted to separate.  So it is the choice of you and your people.

I want to make two corrections. lol.

1) I do not know much about Poland/51.4273 N, 20.1726 E/Eastern Europe/Europe/Western Hemisphere/Eastern part of western hemisphere/Russia/Above Africa/Below North Pole/West of middle east and east of pacific ocean region but from where I am i.e. South Asia/Indian Subcontinent, a King (aka baadshah/raja in local languages) is referred to as following

a.  A male sovereign or monarch; a man who holds by life tenure, and usually by hereditary right, the chief authority over a country and people.

b. A person or thing regarded as the finest or most important in its sphere or group.

Therefore the appropriate words to use for/refer to such a person are He, His (preferably His Highness), and him and not she and her.

2) Pakistan, India and Bangladesh never wanted anything separate as there was no Pakistan, India and Bangladesh before parition. There was an area under British control which was referred to as British India and it was collection of provinces and princely states. It was never a country. It was people of certain regions/provinces who wanted a separate state.

Thanks!

King Anu
Edited by King-Anu - 11 years ago
Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@Polki_Zofi The wealth from india may not have helped the EU bt it did hamper indian development after independence.Europe is going through recession and i hope it would come out of it that would be better for India. 1)I talked about GDP coz thats what makes people know better that we are developing,people choose what the want to See,as far as statistics go india is way better in economics may be not humanitarian grounds or social for that matter. 2)I guess u may not be knowing whats the importance of bombs and tanks bt ur europe realised it way before non-violence was never their means and just colonization was their aim may it be portugal,france,spain or britian,may be tanks dnt change life of people but European people dont have to face terrorist attacks every other day eitherwhy do european countries posses ballistic missile?? I dnt see any of their neither hostile i would be interested to hear on this about india possessing weapons and not following non-violence u have no Idea about india than post independence india didnt have any of its own army that was suggested by nehru bt after being attacked in 1947 v did realise gandhi was insane and v needed an army. 3)I dnt know much abt europe history bt bose as u said was thought to be inferior by hitler how come than bose told hitler to bomb UK,u seem to have a grudge against bose anyways.Bose can get no respect from european u said coz he sided Hitler and japan,with same logic european union sided america so next time i guess terrorist may strike europe instead of USA. 4)U said my perception is flawed towards gandhi,looks to me as though i m talking to someone who has read book published by congress party on gandhi,few days back EU recieved noble peace prize bt never did gandhi if he is so much loved by ur European union and USA.may be u would like to research and get to me on that or EU had that to gandhi's family for his teachings. 5)Oh my god are u kidding bose build armed,violent,blood thristy army,bose was a patriot he didnt kill innocent people like the Europeans did during colonization,he was in no way responsible for what hitler did,he just asked for hitler's help to overthrow british rule and that wasnt wrong in any which way u see it abt supporting gandhi its upto U I m no one to say anythng abt itsince you are nt from india you wont understand why bose is a true hero,gandhi forced bose to take his way coz bose wanted freedow at earliest so the time he won the president election he would have given british ultimatum to free india bt gandhi didnt let it happen he forced bose to resign c how smartly gandhi didnt allow his influence to go away pathetic person. 6)Finally the last part what do u mean by u think that british left coz they couldnt do what they had come for that is trade??U hav no idea india,indian people and indian history except for gandhi u seem to know nothingits sad what u said up ther india was colonized british ruled us and so did other european countries they didnt came to trade here my dear. Gandhi stopped the british??if i start up his character sketch it would be very bad what he did and how he ruined better leave thatOn top of all bose had asked people to join the army it was clear that they would die fighting,bt gandhi ditched people he asked them nt to fight and be non-violent and when they were being butchered he didnt do anythng being their leader other than being non-violent spectator.there is a huge difference when u die by urself and when u trust someone but he leaves u ditched to be killed. And btw it wasnt that gandhi requested british and they felt they knew that they were weak after WW2 and the religious sentiments were growing had they waited they knew they would be cut to pieces and thats why the run away in haste from india,dividing it ruining it. Edited by Pratamesh - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail
^^ don't bother dude, debate means exchange of iras and listening to opp side, we r debating with a wall.
Also half boiled knowledge of some random person won't really change the fact about bose.
I can assure you though, in real world people who think like this are hardly noticeable. Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
LeadNitrate thumbnail

Originally posted by: king anu

It was people of certain regions/provinces who wanted a separate state.[/DIV]

King Anu

Quite a bit of your info is correct except this line. Don't know which book text, essay or political propaganda you lifted this line from, but bengal province was partitioned along with Punjab. Donno about Punjab but if u say that anywhere in modern West bengal or Bangladesh u will be torn apart before you finish this sentence. And people irrespective of religion will come together to tear you apart.
I may hav eee doubt about your other info but it is correct to some extent. The last line however is most empathetically not..
--arti-- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Are you guys still trying to have a reasonable exchange/debate with Polki_Zofi?

I came into this thread making fairly comprehensive posts trying to cover a lot of material that is clearly over her head (despite her superior European intellect!). This person is obviously either flaming or plainly racist. She has (quite boringly and repetitively) claimed in all her posts that Europeans are superior, that colonial rule and imperialism were morally justified, and that all that she cares to learn about India is that she saw beggars. Her response to complex arguments about why Gandhi isn't the be-all of Indian anti-colonial struggle: we are Nazi sympathizers!

I have met a lot of ignorant white people in my life, and the most annoying are the ones that feel they have special permission to be racist because they are married to a South Asian person/person of colour. Polki_Zofi is one of them. As if that absolves them of any charges of actual racist behaviour.

I don't think that people like this are worth our time or energy. Anyone who comes into a place called "India Forums" and places the burden of explanations on us, and still doesn't comprehend or learn anything from our arguments deserves to be ignored.
Edited by --arti-- - 11 years ago
Polki_Zofi thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I can see so much boiling. But I feel it is Indian forum and youth from India want a more fashionable European history of revolution and freedom than a dismal one with non-violence.

I have been compared to wall, racist, more and more 😳. I know I am not either.

Very surprising to hear King Anu is real king. I did not know! You are real king or royalty in Pakistan? Can you tell me which state? I am interested as I never seen some real king. Please say truth, you are?

I have seen similar in Polish forums with some Indians too. No other nation want to accept information from another nation. But I wanted to open up here for few reasons.

I found my sister in law very indifferent about Gandhi. Oneday in India I found her say Gandhi as a beggar (beekari)! I was hurt but obviously I stayed silent because it was my first visit in more than 3 years, a time where I wanted to use full to come close to my in laws (ofcourse my sister in law and I are good friend and she always cared for me from beginning). It kept ringing in my mind, and I wished to share it with minimum damage 😆. I did share it, I find it horrible enough. But it is your wish! ðŸ˜Š

I never tried to disrespect any of you. It was nice to see you raise the argument on missionary, and when I replied you said "now that you raised the point polki ..." 😃. Later same about other figures. I wanted it to remain with Gandhi, but maybe this is how discussions role out in here. Many others came in, and I knew something more about Bose.

I will be going Austria with my husband soon, I am planning to try and visit Bose's daughter too 😛. I will argue with her? 😆 I think not. She is very European I am sure 😊 😈😛.

I never said India was NAZI sympathizer, but Bose was involved as a friend of his. This is not good. This is simply as I said, and why his militia gunmen was siding with Japanese then? Many questions on him raised.

There are so many war between India, Pakistan and Bangladesh to say clearly how people feel for each other. If your government do not say your word, it is big problem for you. I wish India did better than Africa. But your choice.

We have many Indian migrants in Europe, least in Poland. I only knew 4 in my whole city (Lodz). There were a few in Krakow, Warsaw and Wroclaw. We have very least Indians or South Asians. Among the students in my university, there was a Kashmir man who called himself from Kashmir, and not Indian or Pakistan. He had argument with another Indian. My husband was always mind his own business and peaceful man, but it was one horror of an argument. He is a nice man though, and this man is married to my best friend (Polish ofcourse) and have a daughter. He is also a family friend. One man he never had argument was with my husband who is a Hindu man.

I never justified that Europeans are superior or that colonialism and imperialism is justified. All I said is that they were natural in their time. European are not superior, ofcourse not, but we always stick to our way of life and never left anything else get so deep that it overwhelm us. When one country is weak, colonizing it brings peace and order. It was a way in those times.

About zero, you may share it with Mesopotamia if you dont mind 😊. But yes, India gave much to this world and I am very happy on it.

How can I be racist when siding with Gandhi? Have many of you not called him terrorist too? Yes you did, in another thread and this. I read. I am not racist so easily. I have seen how easy it is to label a white person a racist just because she or he said something strongly!

If this is your wish so be it. I think I learn enough of the way Indian youth think, and it gives clear idea why India broke into such pieces even when British kept it together for so many years. Given freedom they broke. It is very sad, and of course, I respect to the death. Who killed them? Who were responsible for the death?

When my son grow up I will ask if I were racist 😆, right now he sleeps. Just to fulfill my curiosity I wanted this thread in a time for celebration upon Gandhi.

Apology is a Christian tradition to show humility and respect. It is not weakness. I apologize if someone was hurt, and I did not mean it.

You have wrong information of Missionaries killing natives. Missionaries have light and hope to India. Missionaries saved India. It is because of missionaries, there prayers and the Bible that they took to India that India is still surviving. This is simple truth. Is there no Christian Indian here in this forum? Catholic?

I myself have taken two such poor children's responsibility. Not to convert them but to see they get full education in life. We have got them school and we pay through the mother in law. This is Christian work, but where is conversion? People accept Christ when they realize the truth. Simple. There is no truth beyond Christ.

Ok I call it one day as to end it here 😊. You can think many things, but not necessarily true. I have respect for India. Love from Poland!
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Let me tell you ne last time, people here are pissed off with you because you r high handd condescending and seem to shove your point down our throat ane Fox us to accept its gospel truth. I know many things about poland and Europe I am not portraying them as gospel truth. If you wish to debate, you need to listen to other people and accept they can speak truth. If you choose to undermine our logic, choose to dismiss our pain, you will be dished back the same thing. You and your inlaws and your husband's village are not the only Indian people, if you cannot see that whay you express iw your ame only your point of view, then people will loose patience and will force your eyes open. Obviously you don't like it. And you don't know half the thing about Gandhi. Go and read how he struggled in south afrika first. Gandhi preached non violence and not. Be doormat of other people. You seem to think India still consist of half naked poor souls waiting to be shown the light. Well no, India has problem and also success. Modern India does jot need fake pity, it matches toe to toe with rest of the world. Modern world does not seem to treat India as a beggar either. I travel, I work with people I know. You might be an European by hirth but you r not the only European in the world. So get out or your day dream bubble.
whatever Gandhi taught, it was never to put one person down to prove your point. Like you do over and over with bose. You can try and still bose will remain a freedom fighter and national hero. And you can brand us as a nation of terrorist if you want. We give rats furry behind.
I welcome you, go and meet anita and talk to her, if you can first figure out if she is german or Austrian or where she lives. I can tell you but I won't. You are not here for healthy exchange of. Information and debate, you are here to put down a bunch of people. And in case you don't have cluse, you finally have managed to piss me off. So first find out if she is alive or where she is, then come back with your awesome display of knowledge. Youtalk about research, you don't seem to even have done a google search either. Where did yoi get all the info

I respect all religion, if you cannot extend the similar courtesy then shut up . The world extends beyond you, you and yourself. People here have experience with missionaries and red.cross and amnesty. You are not the only one doing charity, good do you you are doing that, you are not the only one. You think missionaries are awesome, good for you. We don't think its all unky dory. I can support that with statistics and numbers but I won't I have respect for the good work they do despite their flaws.

for the last time, if u cannot respect other people's pain, stay away fron it. Only a sadist sprinkle salt on wound. You seem to love Gandhi so kuch, why don't to look up what he said about such people?
LeadNitrate thumbnail
Gosh I don't remember when I was so pissed off last time. Congratulations you managed that feat. I am officially out of here. You are not worth it.

I qm so tempted to show this thread to my polish friends and ask if all their women are like you but something tells me you are one of a kind. 😆 Edited by tannipartner - 11 years ago
Pratamesh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
@Polki_Zofi U havent answered my questions and i dnt think u cn,u hav no idea abt indian history.Frankly speaking here in india we dnt care much about what happened in poland except that it was invaded.we were during the same time that is world war 2 fighting for our indepence so we dnt care who helped whom Bose was right when he asked help to save his own country from british and he is a true patriot for us.Abt colonization being natural process my foot,india had great ruler's even before britian knew about india bt they never colonized other regions.We are good as we are not interested in ur EU on the contrary britian was interested in india.India is fast developing its that u have closed ur eyes on that n even is africa.

M very sorry btw it wasnt britian who had kept india together it was they who divided it for ur knowledge go to google or wiki and type divide and rule politics u will be enlightened with knowledge.

Lastly we are nt fascinated by the european movements in any way we are a non-aligned country since independence helping all.Edited by Pratamesh - 11 years ago