Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 11 years ago
I m loving all the theories...keep them coming...mera laptop bhi mere pass jald ho gaa...chun chun ke jawaab dongi!
GodHelpUs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: dpotnis

@GodhelpUs, Do I sense a Wodehouse influence in your writing? One of my fav writer. He takes a dig at people in a comical way. 
I tried watching Geet for a few epis but could not connect to it. But I heard that it went downhill after the marraige too.
Heres what I think may be Garima's past
Somehow Garima was forced to lie to Dadi and ASR's dad by chachaji (a blackmail angle here?) ASR's mom was made to watch a harmless exchange between Garima and ASR's dad and she took it in a wrong way. After she shot herself, Chachaji murdered ASRs dad and made it look like suicide to get the property. Garima did not know her actions could cause someones death. So she is feeling guilty of lying. And that is why she came to pay her respects after their death. But I am not sure why she did not recognize Anjali.

@ dpotnis
Its with much regret that I state I have never read Wodehouse ever.. Heard yes, read No. Therefore I wouldn't know. I am sure I am missing something by not having read him up before. My bad😕. But I will lay my hands on his works at the first available opportunity.Note to myself

@ Sanika
I had broken my neck around Christmas of 2010. And was confined to bed for 3-4 months.Don't ask how I managed that. If you think Khushi is clumsy, you ain't seen anything yet. At work and at home I am officially the "girti padti raani". I can actually write a book on 10,000 ways of getting yourself hurt in the most unimaginable fashion😃.

I tried getting back to work and finally had to quit because it din't work out for me. That period was awful but it also let me take a break and relax for the first time in 8 years. I had turned myself into a zombie of sorts, a workaholic. During that dark age of sorts, idiot box happened to me. I did give up on Geet around the Amritsar track but those 4 months had done the damage to my cerebrum😆

-sanika- thumbnail
I think we can invite her to our fold ?
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3182459
jules thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Hi Sanika

First of all Thank you for the invite. Must say am honoured and pleasantly pleased to be part of a discussion that is not driven by people either blinded by their obsession with the leads, or with the fight to stay number 1 or just with the need to defend everything shown just because they have choosen to be a fan of the show.

About questions I have.. they are many that I have already raised in my previous posts links to which are below:

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3108636

In the current scenario my problem is Anjal!! No am not upset with her getting screen space or the focus of teh current track. Honestly every chracter is needed as long as they contribute to the story line.. but my problem is with the portrayal of her character.

On one hand what impressed me was the uniqueness of strength disolayed in Khushi's character who actualy had teh guts to stand up and challenge the mightly ASR, am surprised at how the weakness and blindness of Anjali is being glorified!!

I say glorified because they are assassinating her chracter with every new track... making her look stupider by the day!! And then to top it all they write articles to justify it!!

The media is a powerful channel that inspires and influences the masses and where on one hand they draw from the society, they also tell the society how to be. I know there are many like Anjali out there but should they be challenging that and inspiring them to break free, wake up and smell the coffee or create tracks where they feel sorry for themselves and loath in self pity?
And what makes Anjali look even more dumb is the masive loop holes the plot has developed of late, some of which I have mentioned in the posts to which the links have been shared.

Would love to hear your views on the same!!

smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: jules

Hi Sanika

First of all Thank you for the invite. Must say am honoured and pleasantly pleased to be part of a discussion that is not driven by people either blinded by their obsession with the leads, or with the fight to stay number 1 or just with the need to defend everything shown just because they have choosen to be a fan of the show.

About questions I have.. they are many that I have already raised in my previous posts links to which are below:

In the current scenario my problem is Anjal!! No am not upset with her getting screen space or the focus of teh current track. Honestly every chracter is needed as long as they contribute to the story line.. but my problem is with the portrayal of her character.

On one hand what impressed me was the uniqueness of strength disolayed in Khushi's character who actualy had teh guts to stand up and challenge the mightly ASR, am surprised at how the weakness and blindness of Anjali is being glorified!!

I say glorified because they are assassinating her chracter with every new track... making her look stupider by the day!! And then to top it all they write articles to justify it!!

The media is a powerful channel that inspires and influences the masses and where on one hand they draw from the society, they also tell the society how to be. I know there are many like Anjali out there but should they be challenging that and inspiring them to break free, wake up and smell the coffee or create tracks where they feel sorry for themselves and loath in self pity?
And what makes Anjali look even more dumb is the masive loop holes the plot has developed of late, some of which I have mentioned in the posts to which the links have been shared.

Welcome to the world of sanity Jules!

Well, if you go through the previous posts, you'd see some of us have also raised the same points about Anjali. About character assasination ah well that has been going on since a few months now. the prankster in Khushi, the angry-young-man ASR, the "sayani" Di their characters have all been butchered. NK is the only comic relief we get these days for crying out loud (well that and GodHelpUs' wonderful posts ðŸ˜†)

Anyway, hope to see some active conversation taking place soon.

cheers!
-sanika- thumbnail

Originally posted by: jules

Hi Sanika

Hey Jules!

Welcome to some of the select sane few left from the IPK forum! I think, the common point between all of us is that, at some point or other, we have all made the same kinds of posts, demanding logic and loophole explanation. It was getting confusing to open separate threads, hence I decided to start this one. Also, unbiased views are scarce in the forum. People seem to be opinionated for the heck of it! Considering that most users are teenagers, that is not very surprising.

Given that it is an Indian Drama, at the end of the day, we are not supposed to expect any logic, but IPK spoilt us by giving some sane episodes. It is just recently, more specifically, post kidnapping, that things have gone down the hill, according to me.

If, this is their bid to gather a larger audience, with the weak and pious women drama, then I think, one by one, all of use will leave this show soon. I just hope that this is a minor glitch in the system and we will get the old IPK back again! Until then, I have decided to focus on the mysteries of the past to keep myself sane and interested in the drama.

Keep the theories rolling!
-sanika- thumbnail

Originally posted by: smitzy

My two cents!

As per the flashbacks - Arnav's daddy dearest claims that he didn't have an affair and it was all just a misunderstanding. He might not seem a womaniser from the 5 seconds of FBs but that in no way gives us an insight on his character. He could be lying to begin with ðŸ˜›

FB's also show Garima did come to Sheesh Mahal to have a last look at him before his last rites. Now if there was no relation between them, why would Garima come to see him? The love (or lack of it) was there somewhere; maybe it was one sided from Garima's side or from Arnav's dad's side but it must have been there.

Garima wants to apologize to Dadi. Now if the past was supposed to be a rumor doing the rounds, Garima had nothing to be guilty about right? Had it all been really a misunderstanding, why was she at fault to begin with? No. I feel, there must have been some shred of truth in the love story. It might not have been a full bodied affair but there must have been a point which made Arnav's dad to try to leave his family (I may be getting swayed with the logic I have been using in my FF ðŸ˜›) and Dadi pinned the blame on Garima, because no son can ever do wrong in the eyes of his mother.

In my opinion, Arnav's dad was in love with Garima and he wanted to leave his family for her. However Garima being a nice woman coming from a family of morals told him not to break his marriage. Someone fed an exagerrated version to Arnav's mom (probably the chacha) and she in a fit of psychotic rage killed herself. Arnav's dad committed suicide because Garima turned down his love not because Arnav's mom died. And Garima has been living in that guilt all her life -> hence her desire to beg for forgiveness from Dadi.

Will be back about Shyam's angle!

Sorry for the late reply !

The only reason I don't want Sr mallik or Garima to have an affair, so that I can mentally give Dadi the finger and say "Take that you foolish proud woman! " I know it isnt the most mature of all responses, but admit it, we have all said even worse things to her in our heads 😆
Edited by -sanika- - 11 years ago
GodHelpUs thumbnail

Warning: Great wall of text. Sighting confirmed from the also ran of a planet...Now, non existent Pluto

My Problem today: I hate illogical small talks. 

Claimer: These are all real incidents and everything implied and explicitly stated is true and intentional.

Scene 1:
At a family gathering , I park my car and have barely taken couple of steps.

Annoying relative : Oh my god, you are here, abhi aaye?
Me: (Weak half hearted smile)  Namaste
What I want to say:" Nahi chudail, main icchadhari naagin hoon.. Su toh ghar pe hai, ye uska alter ego hai jiska roop maine dhaaran kiya hai..badi bhook lagi hai, aap badi hatti katti dikh rahi ho aaj

Scene 2:
I am upset after a yell fest between two colleagues while on a dinner outing. I get sucked in and despite not saying anything get dragged into it anyways.( Note: I was upset because I din't know what it was they were yelling about. and given that they were recalling incidents as old as 3 years I was bewildered to say the least..If I had my attention anywhere else it would be an insult to the coleslaw salad and made to specification Wheat Penne pasta that had me on the brink of achieving the Big O😉

Ideally I would rather shut up ,let me process the anger, more like confusion in this case and get it out of me.But then there's always this 'ungli' in your circle.

Ungli: Hey Su, don't be upset yaar, hota hai..
Me: I know. I'll be fine in 5 just let me be.
Ungli: Yaar she dint mean it that way.
Me: I know. I'll be fine in 5 if you let me be. I will forget it as well.
Ungli: You know her na, atleast,you act like an adult.happens with friends.
Me: I know. I'll be fine in 5 . Will you let me be. I will forgive and forget it as well.

And then I let out a  loud sigh,get up and go. Because by now I don't know what I was upset about anymore..what ever it was has been replaced with pure fury..wanting to kill the Ungli with my bare hand.

What I want to say : Marjaani, daffa ho jaa yahan se, Abhi isi waqt. If I should launch into a verbal assault now you will be scarred for life. And hope you are fed bug infested ravioli some day cause you ruined my appetite, just like that.
Btw, we went to Little Italy for the treat😆

Should I even wonder why do I end up being the bad girl almost always?

So , as you all gather, its one of those days today , and no I am not PMS'ing...A lot of things irk me, momentarily of course  ( and trust me patience is a virtue with me driven home by the fact that I make such descriptive posts)

And then I get over it. But then these little things sort of accumulate in my sub conscious as would sebum and one fine day burst forth like an angry, unsightly, stubborn zit before prom night. 

Today's epi was strictly speaking, fine. Maybe because mediocrity fed in large doses  over a period of time finds its audience even in the most resilient of grey cell ; even in the most analytic minds like us😉 

And no one gets to rubbish this theory simply because we all still follow the...mmm... Iss serial ko main kya naam doon? Pagalpanti, Ramanchhi, Nalayakapan, Velapanti..take your pick..

Where is this leading to , you ask? Patience😉. Back tracking couple of weeks I chanced upon threads where busy body's were compiling the best dialogs by Khushi-ASR onscreen and SI BS off screen..It was fun while it lasted because it let's one relive all those wonderful on screen off screen moments.

Yet today I snapped. Because of bakwaas dialogs. There's a prevailing wisdom," speech is silver, silence is golden.

If the PH had let, in recent times, Shyam contort his face and exercise his facial muscles instead of mouthing silly dialogs, that would scare the pants off a lot of people far more effectively than his absurd monologues .Doosro se chodo, khud se kaun sa chunchundar aise baat karta hai !!

In yest's epi, when Minerva chose to smile on our Chottey and he figures out that Shyam facilitated -Return of the root cause of IPKKND jhamela.My not so dear Dadi, reason of all that effing barbaadi...Lot of folks went OMG!!!! Thats's the ASR of yore . The calculating , shrewd, and smarty (jodhpuri) pants...What came out of the realization? Nothing. He now knows Dadi's arrival was orchestrated. So?  How does it help the current situation at all? 

In contrast, the scene in today's episode, when he followed Khushi sad gaze at the retreating figure of Dadi ji, wordlessly he assessed the situation just right. I was like. Thank god kuch dialog maar ke inhone moment kharab nahi kar diya.
May be I have spoken too soon😆 kal mere armaano ka kachra kar denge ye..

In today's episode, which brain f*** gave the dialog to NK, ' hum di ke liye bazaar se jaakar dher saari mithayi laate hai... Like , really? Ye kehna bada zaroori tha? Kyunki aap frame mein ho aur aapko kuch toh bolna tha? Is situation mein mithayi and kheer?  Really long hmmm!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ab koi nahi puchega ki Albert pinto ko gussa kyu aata hai?

Is it just me or there are souls who find that the one writing the dialogues should be hunted down and ripped apart? Most of the times the dialog don't sync with the gravity of the situation or sit well in the context.They don't add value to the scene being played out but adds to the stupid quotient of the speaker. It's so jarring that it pisses me off to no end.

I mean who talks like that in real life? I may not say the most intelligible stuff at all times ( this post is clearly an indicator of that self destructive streak in me) but you will never catch me dead or alive mouthing such lame sentences.

Why can't people just shut up when they have nothing to contribute to a conversation? Why dear God why? And what makes me so special that you have me run into just those kinds? You must really hate me cause someday I'll have blood on my hands. Please let me be the chosen one, jisse saat khoon maaf ho...

I'll come up with a compilation of all such annoying moments from the show..soon enough (hopefully).. mean while you can add if any springs to your attention.

P.S: What really caused this tragedy of a post though is...I was travelling on work..At the airport. Collecting my baggage. Run into an ex colleague. Who goes like , " Hey, its you" What are you doing here? I can't believe it's you? and then goes bonkers for next 10 minutes basically repeating the same stuff.

In my mind, I go, Why??Why me? He know what I do for a living. He knows where I am based out of. He even knows what I am currently working on.He effing chatted with me last evening on skype...So why God why?

All I could say to him was...Nice to run into you here. Last we spoke you moved base here and hope that's working out fine for you. Sorry gotta rush for now.Catch you online for updates.

And then, they say I have an attitude. To all those...I don't need to say anything because I have delegated all my talking to a particular finger😆Samjhe ya samjhaoon😡

Edited by GodHelpUs - 11 years ago
smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Hey Sanika

I don't know if you saw today's epi or not.. but there was a fb scene where Dadi is shown confronting the "other woman". I happened to check out the spoiler pics on the facebook IPKKND fanpage and saw it is indeed Garima (although they didn't show her face in the fb scene today). So I think it is safe to assume, it indeed was Garima ðŸ˜•

However, I read another thread today presenting a different angle - Garima being involved with Chacha Malik and everybody getting a MU about Malik Sr. seems plausible? Maybe... will rack my brains more about this and get back.

cheers
GodHelpUs thumbnail

Originally posted by: smitzy

Hey Sanika

I don't know if you saw today's epi or not.. but there was a fb scene where Dadi is shown confronting the "other woman". I happened to check out the spoiler pics on the facebook IPKKND fanpage and saw it is indeed Garima (although they didn't show her face in the fb scene today). So I think it is safe to assume, it indeed was Garima ðŸ˜•

However, I read another thread today presenting a different angle - Garima being involved with Chacha Malik and everybody getting a MU about Malik Sr. seems plausible? Maybe... will rack my brains more about this and get back.

cheers

Just for the peace of my soul can anyone come up with a plausible story line that doesn't involve people having affairs behind the back of their married halves. It's so done to death twist ever. I simply want IPKKND to be different than the run of the mills telly shows. Maybe I am being an escapist and am looking for a reason to justify why I watch this crap.