Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

GodHelpUs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Diverting from your initial list of questions but I want this out of my system. I admit I don;t have the nerve to post something like this on the forum and be mauled. Not that I am scared of a good fight but it would be just waste of time considering how vicious and imbecile folks can be...

It's about Anjali...Did I hear a groan? Not again, you say? Nevertheless hear me out. I have almost always referred to Anjali as a dumbo. The only reason being that at a very human level, for an average sane person she comes across as a dimwit. 

Most recent example being, OK she stepped on something and hurt her feet, you don't walk around with bloodied feet when you have phone in your hand, especially so, when you are at least 7 months pregnant. She only wanted Shyam to make a exit without being caught ,right? So what would you and I do? Draw the attention of 0thers to your injury and that would have created enough diversion for Shyam to slip away. She could always talk to him later to check on him.

Anyways, the point of this post was that at the scripting level I empathize with Anjali's character. I liked her fine, when she wanted Khushi in ASR's life and even when she was- to quote people from the forum -"sneaking around her bro's back".

If I were Anjali and had such a traumatic past that I was trying to overcome by over compensating with the relations I have and those that I forged from there on ;it makes perfect sense to stick by Shyam, the husband of at least 3-4 years than to say Khushi who I know for about a year.After all, Shyam has never given me any reason to be unhappy about, has he?

Even if my family were to tell me, one fine day, that I am married to a cheat , who cares two hoots about me and my baby, thank you but I would like to come to my own conclusions.

Specifically because,
my family of many years- Nani , Mama ji, Mami ji, Akash, Arnav- have had no issues all these years with Shyam.
Now, suddenly, Khushi an outsider , decides to malign him and everybody is fine with that.
My brother is supporting his wife, despite the fact that she has no proof to the contrary. How is a husband-wife relation any different for my bro and bhabhi than it is between me and my husband.
You trust your wife, I trust my husband. Period. Why are you forcing your views on me? You accuse my husband then the burden is on you to prove his guilt. Have you done that?
Ok, you are my brother and you have been my pillar of strength, loving me to death...yet you don't let me have a private word with my husband to gauge for myself if he is in the wrong. You just decide I can't do any thinking for myself and that whatever you say is always right and you force your views on me. I should accept that because you love me and want the best for me.

By that logic, would it be wrong for me to say, that Khushi had plotted against us all, winning our family's hearts and trust all to get to my precious little bro and lay claim on the wealth. and I don't need to prove it. You just have to believe me, because I am your sister, and I love you and now what is best for you.

You see where this is going, don't you??

Arnav  tells only Nani  about Shyam admitting to his sin of adultery. The rest of the family have been forced into acceptance of and submission to Arnav's decision. because he s this big shot business tycoon , whom the Raizada's live off, they just have to finally succumb to Arnav's whims and fancies. Is that how families function?

Whatever be the past, neither Anjali nor ASR, know the truth of their parents committing suicide and what they know is only one side of the coin. ASR grudges his dad for it all and Anjali simply remains pained and scarred.

Their mother killed herself when she had a daughter of marriageable age and a 14 year old son because she couldn't bear the pain of infidelity. So,why is it disgusting that Anjali considered aborting her child? Why should she bring into this world another soul that will forever have to leave with a tormented past. Just like herself and ASR. She has seen what the circumstances, turned her brother into, dint she?  They can never be normal. 

I am not pro or anti abortion. But what I do believe in truly is, if I am bringing a life into this world, I will be responsible for everything to do with them. No matter what the circumstances. If I din't want a child in the first place but it happens anyways, will I truly be able to justify my role as a mom. Would that be fair to a child? I would never be happy and that in turn will not let me the mother that the unwanted child will consciously or sub consciously seek in me all of his/ her life.

If I am a mentally, emotionally fragile person like Anjali, would I be able to raise children in a way that befits a normal child. Look at ASR and Anjali's parents. What did they do with their lives, their children? How did they behave? How did ASR and Anjali turn out eventually. Both of them are emotional wrecks deep down. One dons a angry young man persona and the other goes all honey dripping to hide their anguished souls. 

And look at what these children are doing to others?

ASR is rude to people, all autocratic in nature, blackmails and man handles people, is cocky about his reputation...all signs of an insecure person.
Anjali is extra nice to people and is trusting by nature s much so that it robs her of common sense.

Anyways.. I have ranted enough, but the point is I don't grudge Anjali for anything...

-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
🤗 My soul sister...this jaadu ki jhappi for you...as usual, tune mere muh ki baat !

I also agree with your reasons about the forum, some people just dont want to see the other side of the coin...I am pasting an excert from one of my previous posts for smitzy's benifit :

"Anjali: She is everything I love and hate in women. Boundless love and understanding. She is not sexist or a snob. She always sees the good in people. But these qualities are her negative points as well. She is so focused on the Light that she doesn't see the dark. But then again, has anyone let her ? She has been molly coddled since she was young. Probably by her parents, then by Arnav and rest of the Raizadas, fearing that she is too much like her mother. Later even by the Gupta's. She sees the world in such a positive light, that they all want to help maintain her illusion and be a part of it, if possible. She seems to me like the TV version of Shri Shri Ravishankar LOL. She inspires loyalty and protectiveness in people around her because of her inherent goodness.

Getting back to the main point, this is probably the first time in her life, that she is being pulled in 2 directions: Arnav and Shyaam. Ideally, she wants things to go back to the way were- too good to be true. She is not fit to handle this situation. She is trying to go both ways, but is failing. That is basically what they are portraying now. Situations have always been handled for her. Now, for the first time in her life, she is forced to take charge of her life. Making some mistakes, should be allowed right? As, one only learns from their mistakes.

One thing for sure, her trust on Shyaam will be the last one to crumble."

This is a transition phase for Anjali and Arnav. Arnav neds to let go and let Anji make her decisions and Anjali should stand on her 2 metaphorical feet.

I think I have mentioned this before, that the script and screenplay is the main problem. They are just writing it wrong. There is only so much you can cover upnwith acting and directing. Also, if I was given such an illogical screenplay, even I will be uninspired to act.

As I commented on smitzy's ff, the strong characters that i had liked before, are completely lost in traslation these days...
dpotnis thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hi Sanika, Thanks for the invite. I may not be able to write essays on the logic as you have requested. But will try to post as much as I can.
Hi Smitzy, Godhelpus ( I like your username. Laughed out loud when I first read it) :)
So.. Regarding Anjali..
I tried looking at the other side of the coin and could agree to some of your points. Why should Anjali believe Khushis accusation? She has known her for just a year. She is totally justified in siding with her husband. But you know the accusations very pretty serious. Things like Shyam staying in gupta house, he geeting engaged to Khushi etc..These could be easily proven if Anjali tries to find the truth. Its not that Anji was not capable of thinking logically. Look how she managed to find a solution to the Lavanya problem by threatening Khushi to train her. So if 3 people are accusing her husband and one of them is her own bro, wouldn't it be logical for her to find out the truth herself? If she still chose to have blind faithin her husband then she should have walked out of RM with him. She has been shown to prefer best of both the worlds ..her brothers money and a husband who pampers her. Using her bros money to feed her husbands whims at this stage doesn't go well with me. She comes out as a very selfish person at one point. As a mother I would sympathize with her if she is shown to grieve over her unborn rather than thinking of getting back her husband. Sorry if I am coming out too strong here but I have been mad since she chose to roam about finding her husband with her wounded feet than think about the child.
I typed this on my phone so excuse my typos.Edited by dpotnis - 11 years ago
-sanika- thumbnail

Originally posted by: dpotnis

Hi Sanika, Thanks for the invite. I may not be able to write essays on the logic as you have requested. But will try to post as much as I can.
Hi Smitzy, Godhelpus ( I like your username. Laughed out loud when I first read it) :)
So.. Regarding Anjali..
I tried looking at the other side of the coin and could agree to some of your points. Why should Anjali believe Khushis accusation? She has known her for just a year. She is totally justified in siding with her husband. But you know the accusations very pretty serious. Things like Shyam staying in gupta house, he geeting engaged to Khushi etc..These could be easily proven if Anjali tries to find the truth. Its not that Anji was not capable of thinking logically. Look how she managed to find a solution to the Lavanya problem by threatening Khushi to train her. So if 3 people are accusing her husband and one of them is her own bro, wouldn't it be logical for her to find out the truth herself? If she still chose to have blind faithin her husband then she should have walked out of RM with him. She has been shown to prefer best of both the worlds ..her brothers money and a husband who pampers her. Using her bros money to feed her husbands whims at this stage doesn't go well with me. She comes out as a very selfish person currently.
I have typed this on my phone so excuse my typos.

welcome deepali...i think the original anjali was shown to be smart...remember, she was doubting shyaam once? i dont know y they decided to stop! also, there were some scenes where she wanted to stay inher house, but either arnav didnt let her or shyaam. one was when khushi has decided not to come in front of arnav, asr calls anji to check if she has taken her medicines n asks her y she needs to stay there. Another time, she insists on going homr n shyaam makes her slip and exclaims that he would prefer if she stayed in rm while she was pregnent. i think, originally, anji used to stay in rm when, shyaam was on one of his tours n went back when he arrived. that is just my guess...

but the forum is on fire today...khushi supporters are in minority
dpotnis thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Sanika i edited my post to add some more.
-sanika- thumbnail

@Sanika i edited my post to add some more.

i for one, will never side anjali...stupidity n blind faith is the biggest sin in my book! People should learn to think for themselves and take decisions accordingly. I didnt agree with anything she did on the show...but yes, i can understand the character even if i cant respect her. Apart from ASR, i dont agree with most of the characters. The only time I was super pissed at him was when he blamed her for Shyaam's actions. Everything else was fine, but that was unforgivable in my books!
GodHelpUs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

So.. Regarding Anjali..
I tried looking at the other side of the coin and could agree to some of your points. Why should Anjali believe Khushis accusation? She has known her for just a year. She is totally justified in siding with her husband. But you know the accusations very pretty serious. Things like Shyam staying in gupta house, he geeting engaged to Khushi etc..These could be easily proven if Anjali tries to find the truth. Its not that Anji was not capable of thinking logically. Look how she managed to find a solution to the Lavanya problem by threatening Khushi to train her. So if 3 people are accusing her husband and one of them is her own bro, wouldn't it be logical for her to find out the truth herself? If she still chose to have blind faithin her husband then she should have walked out of RM with him. She has been shown to prefer best of both the worlds ..her brothers money and a husband who pampers her. Using her bros money to feed her husbands whims at this stage doesn't go well with me. She comes out as a very selfish person at one point. As a mother I would sympathize with her if she is shown to grieve over her unborn rather than thinking of getting back her husband. Sorry if I am coming out too strong here but I have been mad since she chose to roam about finding her husband with her wounded feet than think about the child.
I typed this on my phone so excuse my typos.

@dpotnis :very valid points there.. Btw, the id was chosen intentionally. I used to follow Geet for sometime before it went the totally insane route. Knowing Gul you can imagine she managed to leave me a hair's breadth away from turning psychotic😆. And I spewed venom and much more on Geet forum.  And then IPKKND happened which I started following only since last Diwali. And boy was I wrong. I was expecting Gul and team would have ironed out all their glaring mistakes from the previous venture. Lekin kuch log kutte ke dum ki tarah hamesha tedha rehna pasand karte hai...

Again, my post was not in defense of Anjali..Just the character as I see her. Totally with you on her riding two boats at the same time. I find her extremely dumb for those very reasons. 
Why wait 3-4 years to question hubby when they can move to their own home "Casa del Jha" if you please?
Why can't she have an iota of self respect? Why not refuse to live off her brother thereby discouraging husband from following suit?

And oh you don't have to worry here about coming on too strong. That's exactly why this is strictly by invite only. Don't sugar coat or mince your words. We , here, like it NEAT...and being honest to your goddamn DNA is pretty neat if you ask me.😉 We dig that!!

Also, do not worry about being descriptive. Trust sanika and I to pull that off every single time.. We just don't cut it short.  Keeping it concise is a skill I am yet to  acquire.

P.S: You will have to excuse me on the Lavanya track. I hadn't considered that. Will get back to it after some thought.
Edited by GodHelpUs - 11 years ago
Sayali_23 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Sanika...after watching today's episode can't think rationally ... will comment some other time😔
-sanika- thumbnail

Originally posted by: sayali_d23

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2" color="#990033">Sanika...after watching today's episode can't think rationally ... will comment some other time😔</font>

I think, since this track started, I have decided to focus on the past mystery. Otherwise, I will hate IPK
smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks for the indepth catharsis @GodHelpUs, @Sanika and @Deepali.

Just finished watching today's epi (I can't make the 8 pm slot due to some work) and my tirade has returned for Anjali.

Originally posted by: GodHelpUs

By that logic, would it be wrong for me to say, that Khushi had plotted against us all, winning our family's hearts and trust all to get to my precious little bro and lay claim on the wealth. and I don't need to prove it. You just have to believe me, because I am your sister, and I love you and now what is best for you.

Very valid point! For a moment I was thinking along those lines when Dadi starts poisoning everyone's mind in my alternate universe IPK.

Anjali has seen two types of love in her life. The unwavering devoted side of her husband who has never once argued with her, always been gentle and kind to her, who has always taken care of her and been her pillar of strength; and then there is the sibling love, the protective love of her brother which is sometimes shown negatively by his being curt and impolite to her. True, one of them is her own blood relation but at the opportune moment, Shyaam has always ended up saying things that she wanted to hear whereas her brother has never shied away from calling a spade a spade. Her need for Shyaam.. no.. her DEPENDENCE on Shyaam is way more than that on Arnav. So it is hardly surprising to see her begging Arnav to allow him back into RM. Sad thing is Arnav isn't as selfish as Anjali is. Between his love and his sister, there's no prize for guessing who he'd choose.

But you know the accusations very pretty serious. Things like Shyam staying in gupta house, he geeting engaged to Khushi etc..These could be easily proven if Anjali tries to find the truth. ...  So if 3 people are accusing her husband and one of them is her own bro, wouldn't it be logical for her to find out the truth herself? If she still chose to have blind faithin her husband then she should have walked out of RM with him. ...

Originally posted by: -sanika-

i for one, will never side anjali...stupidity n blind faith is the biggest sin in my book! People should learn to think for themselves and take decisions accordingly. I didnt agree with anything she did on the show...but yes, i can understand the character even if i cant respect her.

My main issue with Anjali is the following:

1. No independent streak : Her character resembles that of a leech. She's always stuck to the host sucking in blood till she feels full. She has indeed been staying with his brother this whole time when she should have insisted to stay with her husband. Get a life of your own woman!! Stop living off your brother's riches. He's worked hard to erect his own business from scratch. Why the hell does he need to feed you and your hubby darling too?

2. No strength in Character: Why are the only two expressions on her face either crying or needy? There was a time when I used to LOVE her for her elder sister portrayal.. remember the times when she used to scold Arnav for talking rudely to Khushi? Remember her determined stand at wanting to employ Khushi irrespective of what Arnav felt. There were streaks of resolve in her character which has quite frankly disintegrated beyond belief now.

3. She's got peas for brains: Completely agree with deepali's comments. The serious accusations can all be traced down. Anjali go to Gupta House and ask Buaji or Garima about Shyam's alleged stay. Or for that matter, go back to that day when Khushi revealed the truth about Shyam. Do you remember NK saying Shyam's password "I love Khushi"? Do you remember Arnav saying he knew about Shyam's transgressions since a long time?  Or well, since you have no brains, obviously such simple tasks are beyond you.

Frankly speaking, I detest Anjali after today's epi. She has proven beyond doubt that she is SELFISH!! full stop. It doesn't matter to her how her demand will affect Arnav. And to top it all, look at her guts when she said to Shyaam "I won't eat food or take my medicines by anyone but you." Seriously?! *screams in frustration*

Edited by smitzy - 11 years ago