Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

EDIT: This is the open letter I wrote to Anjali in a forum topic https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3175616

Dear Anjali,

Very fortunately for both of us, I first started watching IPK when Payash's Mehndi was taking place. I was totally in awe and in absolute adoration of the story and of the hide-n-seek love/hate relationship between Arnav and Khushi. However, what I was even happier when I saw how you with your humorous expressions managed to catch this under-the-wraps love and even conspired with Naniji to invent ways and means to bring it out. Your plan with Naniji about NK and Khushi's mock proposal endeared you to me. It was like watching one of my own elder sisters who teased me about the cute guy she caught me staring at my cousin's wedding. You were sweet, cute and totally relatable.

As I started catching up on the earlier episodes, I saw the bond of brother and sister, love between you and Arnav and was mesmerized. Having no siblings of my own, I even went to the extent of wishing I too had a younger brother whom I could pamper and admonish like you did. The way you used to scold Arnav when he spoke out of place or was rude to Khushi in the beginning episodes made my heart warm. The way you defended Khushi when it was actually you who broke Arnav's laptop made you a champ in my eyes. I enjoyed all the rakshabandhan scenes immensely. Even when you were upset that the creep you call your husband didn't turn up on your anniversary party or when you waited for him on Teej, I solemnly felt bad for you. When Arnav and Khushi got married so abruptly, you were a support for her; and even though you were unhappy with the circumstances I never saw you being rude to her. You see, you had a central role then as well even if you weren't the main lead. We actually liked you a lot.

Then I don't know what happened to you. I get it you love your creep husband so much that the mere thought that he could have tried to get his hands on another woman is beyond belief for you. Maybe you are the personification of "Love is blind". I for once thought, no I believed, that you would take a different stance. Everybody in the family loves you and fawns over you and yet you thought nobody in the world was better than Shyam Manohar Jha to have you and to hold you in your trying times? The first time I really hated you for not having a spine was when you chose to believe your lying cheating scumbag of a husband blindly rather than what four other people said (and mind you they were honest sources having proof of Shyaam's wrongdoing). You chose to go against your OWN brother, your own blood? Really?

I would have adored you had you continued your teasing with Arnav till his wedding. I would have loved you if for once you kept your childish whims aside and let your brother had a shot at a chance for happiness. He has found the love of his life for crying out loud. Isn't that what you wished on shooting stars for? I would have respected you immensely had you been determined to join Arnav in finding out what Shyam was really upto. I would have defended you because I knew that you could be strong and for once in your life you could stand against the scum that is your husband. I would have stood up for you at a time like this when you lost your baby and half the IF people are seeking your blood.

Do you realise that you have slowly dug your own grave. When Dadi finally finds out how Shyaam duped her, do you think they both will be such good pals? Or for that matter will your dearest Naniji or Mamiji continue to fawn over you when they realise that you have been sneaking off to meet that nasty piece of work you adore for a husband? And what about your brother Arnav? Do you realise how big of a shock this entire fiasco will be for him when the truth comes out? And when the day comes when you realise how Shyaam had been methodically trying to kill you, hurt you and maim you all this time, what will you do Anjali?

That day you will be truly alone Anjali, your family, your loved ones who have been so concerned for you, who have loved you so much will turn their backs on you. And that day you'd face the consequences of each of your mindless childish decisions. You've already started hogging limelight now reducing the story of IPK into the ghost of the love story it started out to be. But I think now the title Iss pyaar ko kya naam doon describes YOU pretty aptly. You are blindly in love with your husband who doesn't give a damn about you. Indeed, what should we name this one-sided love? Nafrat paas aane na de, pyaar door jane na de. Nafrat that your husband has for you and Pyaar that you have for your husband.

I am not angry as I write this, just seriously disappointed in the way your character turned out to be. In this era when everyone is screaming hoarse about women empowerment and women are being encouraged to be fierce, independent and strong, you remind me of the archaic stereotype of the sad Indian Nari of yesteryears. I had lots of hope from you Anjali, you have very efficiently destroyed them all. Now I don't even feel sorry for you.

A very Sad IPK fan

PS: This wasn't meant to be bashing. If it is so please let me know.

-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
hey smitzy...

the last para of uf post, rankles so bad. I just dare anjali, just dare her to commit suicide after finding the truth...u escapist !
GodHelpUs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: -sanika-

hey smitzy...

the last para of uf post, rankles so bad. I just dare anjali, just dare her to commit suicide after finding the truth...u escapist !

Please let that not be an unsuccessful attempt though..ASR has been through much already..he will take this too in his stride. And if it means ASR will turn into Zanjeer style BigB.. I liked him better , considering that I can't take the current ASR seriously.
-sanika- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: GodHelpUs

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif" size="2" color="#0000ff">Please let that not be an unsuccessful attempt though..ASR has been through much already..he will take this too in his stride. And if it means ASR will turn into Zanjeer style BigB.. I liked him better , considering that I can't take the current ASR seriously.</font>

Ghu...phir se mass suicide naah chalu ho jaaye...fission reaction, ekdum...
them shyaamu will get the daulat for sure...
GodHelpUs thumbnail

Ghu...phir se mass suicide naah chalu ho jaaye...fission reaction, ekdum...
them shyaamu will get the daulat for sure...

Sanika I am Sagit and we are the eternal optimists..we don't even let the machinations of God dampen our spirits...This time there would be no mass suicide. Nani survived her daughter and damaads death, so did dadi. Mamaji and her gumshuda patidev shall remain nonchalant. Akash Payal will hover around in the background looking grief stricken permanently.Khushi has Arnav to look after so she won't kill herself.

Leaves us with ASR. Kuch bhi ho jaye woh apni jaan nahi lega..he still has beauty to protect from the beast. 

Agar kuch lega toh woh hoga badla. Maan lo saari daulat kisi tarah Shyaam ke haath lag bhi jaaye , koi badi baat nahi hai... ASR se uski precious degre koi nahi cheen sakta na..uska chaar kadam aagey wala dimaag toh nahi cheen sakta na...phir se nayi company khada kar dega , is baar Garima apne gehne bech degi uske bijnes ke liye, woh company phir AR Fashiopn house (now owned by SMJ ) ko takkar degi aur Shyam ko phir se fakir bana degi..Phir story hogi "Mera jija , Meri biwi ...Didi ki saut ka Aashiq..kahani ek sangharsh ki "

chew on that😃main aisi vaisi writer nahi hoon..ekdum blockbuster script likhne walo mein se hoon😛

smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: GodHelpUs

Agar kuch lega toh woh hoga badla. Maan lo saari daulat kisi tarah Shyaam ke haath lag bhi jaaye , koi badi baat nahi hai... ASR se uski precious degre koi nahi cheen sakta na..uska chaar kadam aagey wala dimaag toh nahi cheen sakta na...phir se nayi company khada kar dega , is baar Garima apne gehne bech degi uske bijnes ke liye, woh company phir AR Fashiopn house (now owned by SMJ ) ko takkar degi aur Shyam ko phir se fakir bana degi..Phir story hogi "Mera jija , Meri biwi ...Didi ki saut ka Aashiq..kahani ek sangharsh ki "

chew on that😃main aisi vaisi writer nahi hoon..ekdum blockbuster script likhne walo mein se hoon😛

ROFL!! Oh woman! You crack me up every single time!! *gasping for breath* 
GodHelpUs thumbnail

Originally posted by: smitzy

ROFL!! Oh woman! You crack me up every single time!! *gasping for breath* 

Thank you😊..at your services ma'm...always!!! 

Btw, I seriously wish we were having this conversation in person.. you are missing out all the theatrics I am capable of. The entertainment quotient would have gone up a notch.
and yes, you din't interrogate on the new name for the show.. Kya karein PH walo ne hi koi naam nahi diya toh maine socha main hi shubh aarambh kar doon.. Koi cadbury's lao yaar😊

Edited by GodHelpUs - 11 years ago
GodHelpUs thumbnail
Sanika ..nahi nahi sanka devi..

Who is the moderator for this chat club? Not the one's who believe in locking , popping and banning topics/threads either because of content or for usage of foul language.

You had posted a set of 5 question and we are on our 4th page already and the entire focus is on Anjali!! Show mein bhi , script mein bhi aur ab humare chat club mein bhi...

Nahiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ye din dikhane se pehle mujhe bhagwaan ( reel life waale)  ne utha kyu nahi liya ??

And what's with you?  3 out of 5 questions of yours have the spotlight on Shyam.. Daiyya ho ke saath chaiyya chaiyya!!!😲

GodHelpUs thumbnail

My list of questions :

1) Garima's version of past
2) Shyaam's past and connection to Malik's
3) Shyaam's ploy to enter RM
4) Shyaam's final truth revealation
5)Anjali's reaction to 4.

Answer for question # 2,3 and  4..all rolled in one. because they all focus on Shyam. Part 1 of that response goes as follows:

have answered this in response to your other thread so might sound a tad repetitive. Lucknow back then ie 14 saal pehle, mustve been a small city where the elites could be counted on your fingers. Therefore what happened at Sheesh Mahal must be common knowledge to all and sundry. Gossips are like wild fire after all. And also like Chinese whispers.

Since all the shows characters are rooted in Lucknow and subsequently uprooted its safe to assume, everybody knows the tragic past although in their own twisted way. But even if they Gupta's are unaware that doesn't take much away from the plot.

Shyam was married to Anjali and well on his scheming way to cheat ASR out of his wealth or at the very least get a pound of that meat all for himself. Then Khushi crossed his path and she turned out to be forbidden apple. And that apple not only is irresistible but also hard to get which makes it all the more appealing. After arousing his interest he couldn't let go, could he?

Plus she plays a trick on him and the guy doesn't like to be beaten at his own game. Now, which guy does?

So Mr Mallik and wife are dead...Mallik may/may not have had an affair but still liaised with Garima/ Garima's sister aka Khushi's mom. The circumstances under which Khushi's parents are killed could be a possible black mail angle. Probably Shyam's father, who is then unceremoniously dropped out of Mallik's confidence and then kicked out of Lucknow for good measure. Garima may have by then decided to be the whistle blower but she botched it up and pop went out like the light Mrs Mallik. Then on ,she scurried away because things went horribly out of control.

So ,Shyam who has been fed a contorted version, grows up swearing revenge on Malliks and lo, behold, he is a lawyer now. But wait, where are the Malliks. One in asylum , two in heaven, two on the run. Tracks down ASR and Anjali to Delhi and taking Raizada's into confidence must've been a piece of cake.

Either that or he simply comes to know of the Malliks/Raizada's history and plots to become the new Mr.Richie Rich.

The weakling Anjali is the first to come eating out of his hands and there after its a win win  all the way. But Khushi's drops right in ASR's lap and bang in the living room of RM causing a commotion in his otherwise carefully planned deceit of a life. So after much hiding and sneaking around Khushi is in know of his marital status. But that bird brain is also a emotional fool, who decides to keep mum on this shocker of a news.

With that his golden run is on its last leg. Confrontation with Khushi, then Arnav, Khushi's and Arnav's rush rush wedding happened much to his chagrin. 

Now he has to not only lay hands on the money real quick but also make way for Khushi's re entry in his life and dodge ASR all along. But Khushi sides with ASR infuriating him further.

He is back to his original motive now. Money ( or revenge if his family was somehow tied with Raizada/Malliks). Currently the motive still seems to be revenge. Money would be secondary. Remember he is still living off ASR's money. Pata nahi ASR ne credit card block karwaya ke nahi.
Na jija kaam karta hai na saala, pata nahi udaane ke liye itne paise kahan se aa jaate hai inke paas.😃

To be continued.. its 2 AM this side of the planet and I have a life outside of IF that needs my attention 3 hours from now😆

dpotnis thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@GodhelpUs, Do I sense a Wodehouse influence in your writing? One of my fav writer. He takes a dig at people in a comical way. 
I tried watching Geet for a few epis but could not connect to it. But I heard that it went downhill after the marraige too.
Heres what I think may be Garima's past
Somehow Garima was forced to lie to Dadi and ASR's dad by chachaji (a blackmail angle here?) ASR's mom was made to watch a harmless exchange between Garima and ASR's dad and she took it in a wrong way. After she shot herself, Chachaji murdered ASRs dad and made it look like suicide to get the property. Garima did not know her actions could cause someones death. So she is feeling guilty of lying. And that is why she came to pay her respects after their death. But I am not sure why she did not recognize Anjali.