Pakistani Serials

Thakan review full review drama

Taify thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago

03 Sep 2012 1 Comment

Reviews: Thakan ARY full drama reviews

Honestly, I feel sick and tired of reviewing the same serials. Almost, all the serials from Asif Raza Mir and Babar Javed's production house have the same feel to them. They need to do something about it, because it is getting tiring to look at.

Now, moving on with my review. Today, it is time to look at ARY's Thakan that stars the two Sabas of our industry. It is a very simple tale that we have seen on different channels before. This is the story of a girl, played by Saba Qamar, who works hard for her family that never values her sacrifices. Everyone from her mother to her siblings is only interested in the money that she brings. The serial shows her plight and miseries that she has to suffer, because of her mean family.

The girl ultimately gets married to a rich, but divorced man, which gives rise to a new chapter in her life. However, she still has to fight her destiny to make a place in her husband's life.

So, do you feel you have watched it before? Of course, you do! Just a few days back, I was having an argument with a friend of mine who said that a bad or weak story can never have a good screenplay or serial. However, this show proves it wrong. It has a very mediocre story, but the execution, acting and screenplay is so powerful that you stay hooked.

The director (Amin Iqbal) performs really well. You know that he is a strong director, as the first scene of the serial opens. He directs all the scenes well and extracts great performances out of the actors. Written by Faiza Iftikhar, it has a tight screenplay and the story does not look stretched. Yes, it is run of the mill, but the good part is that there are some major scenes in every episode that keep you glued. However, at times, you do wish to take that remote and change the channel. Nevertheless, the writer does a good job. We can't really blame her for the story, as most of the times a writer is provided with the story by the channel or production house.

However, Ms.Iftikhar had scope to incorporate a few more twists. I must also admit that you also start ahting the main lead after a point, because she never stands up for herself. But, then, this is how the channel wants female characters. They want them to be helpless and queen of sacrifices.

The editing is okay and the title track goes well with the mood of the serial, but it lacks the A&B's stamp that the production house is famous for. The dialogues are good and remain with you even when the episode has ended.

Now, moving on to the performances – Saba Qamar is the hero of the serial. Finally, we have an actress who can shoulder a whole serial on her shoulders. Ayesha Khan failed at it, but Saba passes with flying colors. Thakan wouldn't have been the same had it not been for this volcano of a talent. The character is mostly crying, and the actress is so good at it that you cry with her. You feel for her pain and wish for things to change for her. Saba and only Saba could've done this role.

The second Saba, Saba Pervez, also acts well. She is playing a gray role here and does well. Her confusion is very well depicted on the screen. I'd say it is a nicely written character. At times, you hate her and at times you try to understand her point of view. Bravo performance!

Bindyaa acts well. She gets a character that is tailor made for her and makes good use of it. Tauqir Nasir acts well, but why is he ALWAYS seen in such roles? Yumna Zaidi surprises you. She has a lot of potential to be a major star. Personally, I find Noor ul Hassan irritating in most of his roles, mainly due to his dialogue delivery, which stays same. Jibran Shahid needs to work on a lot of things. The rest of the cast is okay.

Overall, Thakan is interesting in bits and parts. It mainly suffers from the fact that it has an old story, but the excellent direction and perfect acting by the lead actress covers up to it to a great extent. Watch it for Saba Qamar and she will leave you gob smacked.

Ratings: f

by admin in Reviews Tags: ary drama review, ary thakan review, thakan ary, thakan review, thakan review ary

One Comment

1. abcd
    Sep 03, 2012 @ 17:33:07

The only good thing about Thakan is Saba Qamar. Agreed!

Leave a Reply

Your Name *

Your Email *

Your Website

Sponsors

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aizaz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Love to see  Tauqir Nasir on our tv screen.
Taify thumbnail
in the same role again and again :P the good thing is that he has returned after a long time and is a great actor...

and ur sig? FQ ko kya ho gaya? LOL
larki_punjaban thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
i love the serial  donnu what kind of problem ppl hv with this serial ?

pakistani serial are the one an only in the world which showing reality 

Aizaz thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Taify

in the same role again and again :P the good thing is that he has returned after a long time and is a great actor...

and ur sig? FQ ko kya ho gaya? LOL

FQ cha gaya he jis channel pr dekho woi nazar ata he mery sig mn bi yai haal heπŸ˜†
Taify thumbnail
Originally posted by: Aizaz

FQ cha gaya he jis channel pr dekho woi nazar ata he mery sig mn bi yai haal heπŸ˜†

what the hell is he wearing? gay pic!

Originally posted by: larki_punjaban

i love the serial  donnu what kind of problem ppl hv with this serial ?

pakistani serial are the one an only in the world which showing reality 

what?
starstruckk thumbnail
I like this drama. Need to catch up with the last few episodes haven't gotten the time..but such dramas show that female actresses can carry a drama on their shoulder too without any star male actor. This drama proves that with Saba Qamar. 
larki_punjaban thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Taify

what the hell is he wearing? gay pic!

what?

what?? what?? 
hmmm... thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Maybe it's me but I can only see Saba as a negative character or a character like mein chaand si.  NO DOUBT that she has acted really well in thakan but for me I never find Saba convincing in a character where she is mazloom, all giving, all sabar wali, selfless, all loving...she just don't LOOK like that kind πŸ˜†.  Somebody like amina sheikh can act mazloom very well.  I don't find saba convincing in the role of super-good-bahu-and-wife that she plays in yahan pyaar nahin hai either.