Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Charishma thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Totally off-topic but I had another random thoughts. Another essay. Sorry, once I got started, it was hard to stop :D

As I said earlier, I understand why Aarti begged the way that she did, but I don't agree that she did the right thing in apologizing.
She shouldn't have to apologize for her actions so far. She's put her best foot forward, and despite her outwardly opinionated ways, she never tries to deceive the Scindhias in any way.
G3 asks, "why are you so distracted?". Aarti replies with "Ansh". She has shown them more respect than Vidhi and Pari combined. They outwardly fawn over them, and then proceed to manipulate them in front of a room filled with people (though Vidhi does so only when necessary. Pari straight up hates G3 I think. And really, who wouldn't?) . I love Pari, and I do sympathize with her, but I much prefer Aarti's method.
She began how she means to go on. And there's nothing wrong with that. Despite the divorce lie, she is a very honest person by nature. Honesty is not just something that is communicated through words, for her it's communicated in actions as well.

There are Bhabis who pretend to be all that is womanly grace, the embodiment of a perfect DIL, and a caring SIL. And then time passes, sometimes just a few short weeks, sometime a year or two, and what happens? Their true colours show. They don't ask after you, they don't think to include you in anything, they prefer your brothers distance themselves from you etc etc. Then there are the others, who never really fawned over you to begin with, but who you share a good relationship with regardless. Because they don't see you as someone they need to "win over". You're an important person, and you're not mocked by fake platitudes and comments.

These are Aarti's true colours, and they're quite beauiftul. She is a loving, respectful, and intelligent young woman. And the Scindhia's have put her in a position, where she finds herself apologizing for caring for her own son! She says she hasn't paid enough attention to PayPal. That's debatable, since its been not even 5 bloody days, and every move she's made has been rebutted by either PayPal or another Scindhia. PayPal have tough exteriors, distinct personalities. They're not going to be won over easily. Thats why Aarti decided to let nature take its course with them. She's very patient with them.

Aarti operates differently than most women. She lets people come to her. She shows her respect, her willingness to learn and adapt, and (potential) affection, but she lets others decide for themselves if they want to be around her. And honestly, with the amount of hate G3 directed at Ansh, and everybody's silence on the matter, why would Aarti even want to make an effort? 

So far Prateik's the only one that has tried to strike up an honest conversation with her. Pari's busy with work (and rightly so). Vidhi is busy worrying about the house, and doesn't think to ask Aarti for help and involve her in it to try and build a relationship with her.
A&A are the new ones to join this house, yes. But doesn't' that mean that people who are already settled into the routine owe it to them to involve them in some way? Scindhias are expecting too much from Aarti too fast. And they're not prepared to give anything in return. Part of this is SP pride, and G3 dislike of A&A.

She was relieved when given the ultimatum, but Yash's being shot changed things. He's not just this stranger she lives with, somehow he's become her husband. And so she will do and say what needs to be done. Her apologizes and her "hand-folding" moments are not fake though. They are quite real. Because unfortunately, she has a habit of thinking everything is her fault, just because others point the finger at her. She is also genuinely guilt-ridden for what has happened to Yash. And she wants to stay with him. Those words, when she said them, came from the heart. But out of desperation, not because she truly believes any of that. Thats whats most upsetting. Yash has already realized his own role in her alienation. He will not stand for her head-bowed-down and apologetic attitude.

Once again I defend Aarti. I don't think the Scindhia's are evil. They are quite redeemable. But I think its easy to underestimate how far one's ego can take them. And how their "superior" age and standing in the house, doesn't make it okay for them to make someone else grovel. Least of all their DIL and her young son.

Originally posted by: InduG64

She needs to attain that balance...a fact she understood too late.

@Indu64 - See I get that she was initially just doing the motions of being a bahu...but it has been only 4 days... And in all fairness to her, Paridi is also just doing the motions, if not she gets commended for lying whereas Aarti gets chided for being honest. 

Do I think that she is at fault...yes...but again it has only been 4 days! 4 days with G3 who keeps yelling at her for caring for her son. Yet when she wants to take over the responsibilities of being PayPal's mom they shot her down. To me, it seemed like a catch-22 and she couldn't win no matter what.
angake thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

@Charishma, absolutely loved reading your off the topic, essay. ðŸ˜ƒ

Two points stood out for me:

1) Aarti's sincerity: We have been saying that she has been going through the motions and maybe her actions towards her in laws have been just that - actions that are not driven by sincerity but because it had to be done. 

What brings to my mind is the conversation between Arpita's mother and SP/G3 during Kanyaadan. Arpita's mother emphasized on Aarti's 'saadgi' and that's just what it is. Unlike Pari who is always laying the maska on her mother in law, Aarti cannot pretend what she does not feel wether it is to her in laws or her own husband. And her emotional confession was just that her true sincere feelings. I loved how she tells Dubeys that "this is her parivaar now". She believes every word of it and she is not backing out.

2) Yash has realized his own role in her alienation: I LOVE this sentence. I have been feeling this for a while. With the kidnapping fiasco, Aarti has developed unbreakable trust in Yash but at the same time Yash has absolutely realized his own role and lack of support towards his wife. Every time Yash witnessed, Aarti begging and going down on her knees in front  of the Scindia's, it pained him. It made him realize that maybe he could have done more for Aarti and Ansh in being integrated into the family. I remember him clearly turning away his face when G3 went on a rant to Shobha on how Aart hasn't been able to accept them as their own family. At first I thought the disgust Yash showed was towards his parents and then I started wondering if the disgust wasn't aimed at himself. Because like Aarti he too has a habit of taking the blame. Did he feel he too was responsible for Aarti and Ansh's plight?

Interesting stuff! So curious to see how the conversation between Aarti and Yash is going to play out. 

Edited by angake - 12 years ago
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: yipee

was reading something on re-marriage based on research and found the below. Sharing coz found it interesting in relation to PV situation.

Why second marriages are vulnerable

There are several reasons why second marriages can be more vulnerable to disruption. Partners bring the same personal qualities to their subsequent marriage as they had during the first, but some of these qualities may have contributed to the first marriage's problems. People who have divorced and remarried multiple times tend to be relatively impulsive and nonconformist. Furthermore, people who are already familiar with divorce tend to be more accepting of it than people who have stayed married. In second marriages, partners also often have to deal with additional complications that do not exist in first marriages, like combining families. Remarriages involving stepchildren have a greater rate of dissolution than those without

Thanks for sharing this ... 

true , there are many things which dont make a second marriage strong enough ... 

First of all most of the times the partners arent really interested in it , and they keep living in a constant fear and night mares of their first marriage like said , it makes them very hard to understand each other and more over with families involved there is hardly a room for them to breath its more of taking a instant position in a office and fitting into the shoes of the prior employee, constant comparisons , with drawls , more responsibilites and stress of proving something is always on mind ... 
Alamelu thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
just watched the episode...sad to see arti and shoba grovelling, but they would do anythingto stay with yash...they realise how good of a person he is and how good he would be for ansh and her too...

how could gayatri not melt just a tad when ansh hugged her and apologized to her so honestly...evena rock would melt but looks like gay is worse than that...she seems to be a good person, but somthing has made her like this, probably papaS...bua is the absolutely mean one...but gayatri seems to have no remorse at all...

papaS on the other hand is so used to having his word not heeded ...he still says his word is the last word ...what a dictator...and on top of that he says he will not go back on his decision...what rubbish is that...that line reminded me of yash's statement...hope he is not as stubborn as his dad...

loved pratik and vidhi...hope they can do something for yash...loved how yash asked them about ansh and not his parents...he trusts them more in this aspect...also lked that pratik loves his brother yash a lot and cares for him and arti a lot...
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
I dont think Aarti is the type of girl that is use to divorce. She did everything to keep her marriage with Prashant and is doing the same with Yash. i think Yash and Aarti seem to get a long fine if it wasnt for the family members intervening and trying to dictate their life. I am the only one that feels this way but I really want to see a separate track. I think thats the only way this five can start growing and functioning like a family. i know I in the minority here but i hope cvs are listening.
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Charishma :I made this assumption in yesterday's post that the apology part mayb she had prepared it for Yash and thats the reason she had taken this decision of waiting till Yash wakes up so that she can apologise to him  but when she saw she was asked to get out of the house even before Yash wakes up  , she had to make that apology confession there itself in front of all as a last minute defense to b in the house till Yash wakes up 🤔...If u see she was quietly standing till the last minute and opens her mouth only when she had no other option
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
@Sonika :As per Pocu's inside news this whole week separation will continue and only on 28th May Aarti will b entering Scindia mansion again ..so u might get to see all that u want this week 😳
EnchantedForest thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
@jyo

i want to see separate track of the family of five. not yash aarti separated. but thnx for info!
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
actually after seeing DABH today, i take my words back, Mital's will surely give a creative and innovative realization for Aarya ...