Manasi Parekh Gohil in a musical play

Swetha-Sai thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago

Neha Maheshwri, TNN | Apr 25, 2012, 12.00AM IST
Read More:TV Actress|Manasi Parekh Gohil
Manasi Parekh Gohil

After winning a singing reality show recently,Manasi Parekh Gohil has kept her fans on the edge by making them wonder what her next step will be.

But it looks like instead of choosing one art form over the other, Manasi has landed up with an opportunity that combines both acting and singing. The actress is doing a musical play, "Maro Piyu Gayo Rangoon", commissioned by the Globe Theatre in London in which a total of 37 plays have been selected from across the world. Since it's Shakespeare's 500th anniversary in 2012, all plays will be adaptations of his works. Only two plays have been commissioned from India and the musical with Manasi is one of them.

Incidentally, the makers were looking for an actress who could sing. The play will be premiering in the next two months and will be performed at the Globe Theatre in London and in India. Manasi says, "This play is perfect for me as it gives me the chance to act and sing front of a live audience. I am also getting a chance to work under Sunil Shanbag, one of the finest theater directors we have in India today." Talking about the songs she is expected to croon, Gohil says, "The songs have all been written specifically for the play. It is an adaptation of Shakespeare's "All's Well That Ends Well". It's quite challenging because there is very less instrumentation and the songs have to convey the feel of the character in the scene. They are Indian folk -based songs."
Only a handful are so lucky!

Link:-

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/entertainment/tv/Manasi-Parekh-Gohil-in-a-musical-play/articleshow/12852063.cms

------------------------------------------------

Some Pics from the play..!😳

MARO PIYU GAYO RANGOON

Manasi looks Awesome in this Gujju dress..!😍

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

MR21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
TFS Swetha...I wish Manasi succeeds in what ever she does...

minizz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
so happy for Manasi😃 
Thanks for the info Swetha😊
Transference thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for sharing this Wonderful news Shvetha🤗..Manasi is not only a great singer but also an equally talented actress.I am in awe of the different array of works she is exploring.So happy for her and I do agree she is looking ethereal as always in this attire.Great going Manasi👏
without-fathom thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Wow! Sounds like a fab opportunity - nothing like good old live theater, I say! Wish I could have been someplace they were staging it... Is there a chance they will upload "vids" of the staging? Even though that can't be half the impact of watching live... I caught a couple NDA plays in Delhi when I was there last year for a roadtrip - fantastic stage and such rich props and the whole set up was like a plethora of nuances coming to life - Indian theater has it's own unparalleled style... 👏 Edited by without-fathom - 12 years ago
enchanted23 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: without-fathom

Wow! Sounds like a fab opportunity - nothing like good old live theater, I say! Wish I could have been someplace they were staging it... Is there a chance they will upload "vids" of the staging? Even though that can't be half the impact of watching live... I caught a couple NDA plays in Delhi when I was there last year for a roadtrip - fantastic stage and such rich props and the whole set up was like a plethora of nuances coming to life - Indian theater has it's own unparalleled style... 👏

Jzee they are going to do it in the Globe,I don't know the exact dates but as i am a member I can find out and this should be pretty reachable from where you are currently😳 Nothing can beat experince of watching something live in the Globe😊
Manavi_kesari thumbnail
IPL 2023 Participants 3 Thumbnail Anniversary 12 Thumbnail + 4
good going,happy for her, TFS 😃
SRJKiShraddha thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
thanks for sharing, mansi di looks so beautiful .