Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sumonetolub thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago
i guess they're still in their honeymoon phase where ignoring such things always seems appropriate...but i hope they deal with the issue now rather than waiting til later to vent off frustrations regarding the matter when this "high" of being newly married wears off
Passion_17 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
first of all congrats 4 d new thread...👏wow u 2 have carried dis ff forward so well...i just luv dis romantic mayank n nupur...also nw though mayank wont say it, nupur needs 2 adjust 2 dis new lifestyle n support mayank...sorry 4 nt commenting regularly on ur updates...bt i just luv each n every update of dis ff...thanx 4 d pms...waiting 4 d nxt update😃
SujaLuvsMayur thumbnail
nice update.

something bothering nupur.

waiting for next updte.

continue soon.

thanks for the pm.
mayuloveu thumbnail
reality of life striking mayur's life
Auroni.92 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Amazing part..
And now im understanding how innocent is nupur and her thinking...She certainly dsnt know how to bring up this topic to mayank...Also i thought after gunjan's word she must have understood what she meant to say...but guess she is still confused...
Anyways hope they can manage it in their own way...
Loved it..
Cont...
kheya-mayur thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
nice update .

but why they are taking this matter so seriously i cant undersand yet ...
immayurfan thumbnail
Awesome updates
thanks for the pms
Fantasia. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Happy pakistan day to all my pakistanis!! 🤗 .. and congratulations on being Asian champions!! .. we rock! 😎 & & .. Bangladesh!! .. well played .. u gave everyone a run for their life .. Keep growing!! ❤️
Chapter # 55

Running a home was much more difficult than those mind mathematics questions. Nupur just was at a loss about everything. She wasn't even able to decide what to cook in lunches and dinners, and moreover, she had no idea about the income of her husband. True, he had given her abundant money for household; with a beautiful assurance of she could ask for more anytime.

She knew Mayank will give her more money before her asking. She was shown the cheque book drawer and she knew it had cheques with Mayank's signatures. Mayank had told her about her new account as well. She had credit cards, and abundant cash, but still this was not happening at all!!.

No doubt she had spent money like water since childhood because she KNEW her father HAD money. It was never the case that she spent money because she liked to, she spent because she had enough, but here was a different case. She had money, but still she wanted to know the source of income. Gunjan was right. Mayank wasn't a millionaire, and surely not a mill owner. He worked for salary. It was evident that Zarfs Engineering was the leading multinational company, and surely they would be paying their board of directors a huge amount and a hard working person like Mayank would surely be on a high pay, but STILL the income was limited and she had to know.

She wasn't on a holiday with Mayank. She was married to him and she had to build a home.

Mayank, there was no need for this",

Nupur gasped at the shimmering watch in the Rado box.

"no need?, I was recently enlightened that my wife loves watches and thus there was a very ardent need of this', he took out the watch and slipped it in her wrist, "time has become more precious", he sighed and kissed her softly.

"Mayank you remember what I told you about my definition of precious?", she whispered between the kiss and Mayank moved a bit away. He surely remembered.

for me precious is defined a little differently, for me precious is something you attain thinking you were not worth it

"can I ask the reason of my mind test?", he pulled her close smiling and Nupur smiled back, "Mayank I need to know you know me or not?"

Her voice was laden with heaviness and eyes shining with tear drops, which made Mayank gasp.

"princess why are you asking like this, ", he pulled her close worried, "what happened?, did I do something wrong?"

"yes ..", she said slowly, now tears flowing out of her eyes and Mayank kissed all of them, "name it princess, tell me what I did?", he asked sincerely and authoratiatevly.

"you have insulted my love Mayank", she looked in his eyes and, with her lips trembling, "you have insulted me .. "

"Nupur .. princess what ..

"you really think the only way to make me happy is too overload me with money?", her voice broke down and Mayank sighed, "princess I really don't understand why are you so worried about money?, I mean have I EVER said a no to you?, or even frowned on your demands?, why are you doing this?"

"Mayank that is the only problem!", she cried out, moving out of his arms, "that is the problem that you never say a no!, I feel suffocated Mayank!, you treat me like a child whose all demands have to be fulfilled,  I am not a child Mayank!, I am your wife!"

"nupur stop behaving this way", he glared but then pulled her in his arms, wiping away her tears, "I really don't understand the base of our argument, why are we actually fighting"

"we are fighting because you don't accept your wife as a wife and treat her like a child!', she huffed, looking away.

"You really think that?", he whispered, kissing her ear and Nupur sighed, "Mayank please you need to answer!", she pushed him away, which made Mayank angry.

Nupur was demanding answers, and too very determinedly. He felt as if he had failed to keep her away from the harshness of money matters. He felt like a failure, he could feel defeat.

"what do you want to ask?", he surrendered, as if losing out strength of his vow, Although his defeated voice made her prick, but  Nupur looked in his eyes, "how much do you earn?",

"I lakh 20 thousand per month", he replied plainly.

"and how much is this house for?, as in you bought  on loan?',

"yes!, I have paid 20% and rest is on mortage"

"and how many installments?", her voice was not losing stiffness.

"20 installments, of 75 thousand, after three months", he said, this time removing his arms, and headed to dresser to loosen this tie, and Nupur felt weak. No matter how his tone would be, his arms were strength.  

"and the car is our own right?", she  managed to ask,  this time her voice relaxing a bit,

"yes ", he replied  dryly, "anything else?', he turned and Nupur slowly shook her head, "no"

Mayank quietly left to change with a raging expression. H couldn't understand what exactly he was feeling. Insult?, Anger?, Defeat?. What was it which was paining and hurting him so much?, was t the unexpected question of Nupur which made him feel lesser than her father?,  He didn't have an ego clash with Mr Bhushan, then why was he angry?.

Nupur knew he was angry because according to him, Nupur had exposed his wakness. He didn't like being questioned, he wanted to fight his weakness alone, not letting anyone get a hint of it,  but she also knew this was necessary, Absolutely necessary.

They had dinner in a cold no-talking environment, where it was evident that Mayank was deliberately avoiding even looking at her.

Later at night, Mayank was surfing channels. Nupur came in the room and went to change and he again didn't look at her.

He was hurt. He wanted to pamper and nurture her princess, keeping her away from all the money matter, keeping her away from all worries, but Nupur had ruined his dream, and this made him bitter.

Nupur came and quietly lied beside him, while Mayank switched off the television and lied down. Nupur eyes got teary, as this was the first night since their marriage that she wasn't pulled in his arms, but realizing Mayank's condition, she herself, moved close to him and adjusted herself to cuddle to him.

"Mayank .. ", she said slowly.

Mayank refrained from opening his eyes, but Nupur's whisper made him do the opposite.

"yes", he opened his eyes.

"I want you to give me your salary, all of it, no extra money, I just want 1 lakh 20 thousand from next month, I want to run my home only in that", she said in a soft gentle voice, and feeling some more bruises on his ego.

How could she so easily say all that? She was adjusting with her dreams and wishes for the sake of his love. He never wanted her to leave her way of living just because of him. She was compromising and he didn't want that!! This shouldn't have happened. Mayank Sharma felt a faluite, but too much in dilemma to question, so he nodded and closed his eyes. He didn't even want to hug her back or argue.

Whereas Nupur's heart was yet again contracting with affection for him. She knew the only motive behind his hiding money issues was to give her an equal life style, but she has to make him accept that she wanted to be like a wife, not a demanding child. All this money over loading was making her detach from Mayank, she wanted to get attached to him.

Determined that she'll make Mayank realize that nothing was hurting his ego, she kissed his cheek and snuggled in his arms, with a dream of making his home heaven. Their home heaven.

Chapter # 56 - Page 20 - mulan.

Edited by Fantasia. - 12 years ago
sumonetolub thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
loved it! 😃...so nice to see her being so comfortable being a mature wife
ShwePoo thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome...!
Loved d maturity in Nupur...
Waiting 2 c how she s gonna make Mayank understand her POV...