arshifan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Loved it a lottt
Total fab
kank_dah thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
it is absolutely brilliant.would love to read more...
Pinkionly thumbnail

Chapter 6

Nobody's POV

After a weepy farewell, Khushi found herself sitting in the backseat of her husband's car with his jijaji, Shyam, driving and his sister, Anjali, sitting in the front. She looked back through the window till she couldn't see her parents anymore and she blinked at the tears furiously so that she could see them but as the car rounded the corner, she couldn't see anyone anymore. Slowly straightening up, she silently cried.

Cried for what she left behind, cried for the cruel game fate played with her.

She was fully aware of Arnav's gaze on her but she kept looking outside her side of the window so he couldn't see her face. She didn't want him to see her crying like this. After all, this is what life was like for women. One day they are all expected to leave everything behind and start afresh.

As she brought her hands up to wipe her tears again, she found Arnav holding a tissue box infront of her face. Muttering a low thanks, she took a few and wiped her face.

"Are you ok Khushi? Do you want to stop for water or anything?" Anjali slowly inquired trying to break the silence in the car. She could hear Khushi's sniffles and the constant noise that her hand jewellery was making as she kept bringing her hand up to wipe her face. She also noticed how stiff and helpless Arnav looked.

He definitely doesn't know how to cheer up a girl, Anjali mused.

Knowing the circumstances that everything happened in, Anjali decided that she needed to do something to atleast get these two talking to each other. She remembered when she had got married, how her husband had kept his one arm around her and the other one was holding her hand the whole drive till they reached their house. How he had kept asking her if she needed anything and tried to get her to talk fully knowing how hard it was on her to leave her family behind.

"I am ok, thank you" Khushi replied politely wondering what he called his sister' by her name? didi? What should she call her? That's when everything started slowly sinking in. She had no idea about this family at all. She had met Karan's enough times to even know his extended family. Now as she saw Karan's parents car behind theirs, she realized Arnav's grandma was sitting with them in their car, which meant they were probably going to come over. They were also probably discussing everything that happened. She didn't even know if Arnav's grandma approved of her or not. The only thing she really knew about Arnav's family was that his parents had died in a car accident.

She realized she didn't want to see Karan's parents. After everything that had happened, she just wanted to go hide in blanket and end the day. Wake up tomorrow and see what she needed to do.

As she closed her eyes and leaned her head back knowing they still had about an hour in their drive, she replayed the whole day's events.  Why had she agreed to marry Arnav? That was the biggest question she couldn't answer. She wasn't the kind of girl who was helpless and needed a man in her life. Just because she got ditched at her alter didn't mean that the only way for her to be able to get out of it was to marry her to be husbands best friend.

That definitely doesn't sound good she realized.

Did she do it to get back to Karan? She wasn't sure. If there was anything she had a lot of, that was temper. She didn't get mad at people very often, but if she did, she knew she had it in her to ruin a person's life. But in this case, if anybody was to get ruined, it was her. Not Karan. If anybody was to suffer in this relationship, it was her and Arnav.

Why did Arnav marry her? That was the second question she couldn't answer. Even though he most likely would have done it out of sympathy, she knew he understood what he was getting himself into. He wasn't an emotional fool.

But maybe for now, she needed to shut her brain as she realized it could explode any minute. If it was humanly possible, she was sure hers would have exploded by now, which wouldn't be a pretty site. On the contrary, that would be pretty gross and she almost laughed at the mental images that were running through her head.

She was definitely going crazy. No wonder she agreed to this marriage.

Arnav watched the different emotions on her face through the side mirror. He noticed the hopelessness, the confusion, the rage and then all of a sudden she actually kind of laughed.

What the '. This girl was definitely losing it, he thought amusedly. But atleast she wasn't crying anymore and thank god for that since after Anjali had asked if she was ok, his sister had given him a dirty glare and tried to motion him to atleast hold her hand or make her feel better but he realized he sat there like a dumba**.

Not like he hadn't held her hand before. He had when he had talked to her before but all of a sudden once they were married, it didn't seem like the appropriate thing to do whereas it probably was more appropriate now since they were married.

Knowing her brother wasn't going to be able to do anything, Anjali decided she needed to start the conversation.

"So Khushi, Arnav told me you were the chief financial officer for some company. Where did you work?" and with that Anjali managed to get them all engaged in a conversation till they got home.

As Anjali  made Arnav and Khushi wait in the car till she got everything ready for the grah pravesh, Khushi silently took in the exterior of her new house, actually correct that- it was more like a mansion. Arnav and his nani lived in that house, whereas his sister and brother in law lived in a different city. She remembered Karan mentioned something about Arnav's sister and brother in law moving back since most of their family lived here but she wasn't sure if they were all already living together.

Before she could think any further, she felt his hand touch her shoulder and he slowly motioned his head towards the door where everyone was waiting for them.  

After the grah pravesh, everyone kind of scattered around and Khushi all of a sudden realized she was alone with Arnav and Karan's mom. The tears in Karan's moms were evident and she realized that while concentrating on how hurt she was, Khushi  totally forgot how Karan's parents were feeling right now, not knowing where their son was or what happened to him but as she looked into Karan's moms eyes, she didn't notice any panic over her son missing but more over she saw guilt and that's when Khushi realized that they all knew where Karan was.

As she looked over at Arnav who was furiously typing something on his blackberry, her suspicions were confirmed but before she could ask either one of them what was going on, Anjali walked into the room and decided to take Khushi to her room so that she could change and wear something a little more comfortable.

"Khushi, all your suitcases are there. Do you want to have a look and see if there is anything your missing so I can grab it for you?" but as Khushi looked over her suitcases, she knew she had everything.

*Flashback*

"Karan did you write down which color suitcase has what? I swear to god if I come there and I can't find something, your gonna be dead meat" Khushi told him over the phone while she zipped up all her suitcases.

"Yes sweetheart, I have made a list which I am about to tape onto the dressing table so that you know where to find everything" Karan had replied knowing exactly how moody his fianc was and if she didn't find something, he knew she would rip his head off as she didn't leave a chance out to emphasize on the pain she would have to go through while walking around in her 21 kg lehnga.

*Flashback ends*

She slowly walked up to her suitcases and as she opened one to take her clothes out, she slowly sat down beside it and let the tears flow, remembering her mom, her and Priya packing it. As she sat on the floor with her arms around her knees hugging herself, she started sobbing.

And that is how Arnav found his wife, in the corner of his room, in the midst of suitcases, crying.

Without thinking twice, he locked his door, walked up to her and in one swift motion picked up her small frame. Crossing his room in a few long strides, he sat down on his bed, with Khushi on his lap who was barely breathing in between the sobs and hiccups. He offered her water which she refused. Not knowing what else to do, he slowly rocked her body back and forth while gently rubbing her back till her hiccups went away. Whispering to her, over and over, how everything will be alright.  

Hi Guys! I'll try to send out PM's either tonight or tomorrow. Let me know what you guys think!

Pinki
malluangel thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
omfg this is so sweet! like karans a jerk cuz if he knew he shudve def done it earlier, but god, i hope arhi figures this shit out! pm me when you update!

and as for readers...you shudda posted it in the ipkknd forum πŸ€” you could always repost all the posts u made there in one thread and have the mods close this one...
fanAR thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
First of all I love this FF ... i have been trying to finding something like this for long time . i really wanted to read something on arrange marrige kind of story . just 30 minutes ago .. i was trying to find something to read and came across yours .. i was like OMFG yayyy  it got me so happy πŸ˜ƒ 
coming to your writting .. u have done amazing job explaining ..i can feel the emotions and like visual to me . I feel sad for Khushi , like really this is so sad for girl but on the other  side we would not have gotten Arnav na .. he is awesome , such sweet , nice friend to have, i love him but i want see how he will be as  has husband , ity's gonna be interseting yaar . oh yeah how khushi gonna adjust in this life since she have no clue who's he is really , how , family , what he likes/deslike .. gonna be super interseting , eagrly waiting to see .

i hope shaym is not bad person here and i am happy that there is Anjali cause she is best sister anyone can ask .

anyways i am loving and i really do hope u conti and super soon update dear

i will be checaking back soon , i guess tomorrow haha...

p.s sorry i am not bale to hit like tab.

Edited by fanAR - 12 years ago
fanAR thumbnail
Originally posted by: malluangel

and as for readers...you shudda posted it in the ipkknd forum πŸ€” you could always repost all the posts u made there in one thread and have the mods close this one...

for imp note .. i agree with her .. i think u should ask the mods to move the thread in IPK forum and so u can get more readers because your story deserve more .. it's awesome story lol.

Shruti21 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
awesome...i read thrice..
i love arnav... he was so cute...
bt it din had arnav n khushi's convrstn..:(
plz update soon dis tym..
fanAR thumbnail
Update soon dear

i have read so many times now .. please update soo
Pinkionly thumbnail
Originally posted by: fanAR

for imp note .. i agree with her .. i think u should ask the mods to move the thread in IPK forum and so u can get more readers because your story deserve more .. it's awesome story lol.

Hi guys! I have already posted it in the IPKKND forum 😊