Frequent Posters

Jaslove thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Daksha Bhatt
Friday, December 30, 2005 11:10:43 IST
How did you enter the television world?
  </>

How did you enter the television world?
I was a classical dancer in the Bhartiya Kala Kendra, Delhi. During one of my performances, I was noticed by a producer who was in the audience and since then there has been no looking back!

What are your current projects on TV?
Currently I'm working in Kituu Sabb Jaantii Hai where I play a journalist. My character is called Daksha Bhatt and I play a mentor to Kittu.

Tell us something about your character in Kittu Sab Janti Hai.
I play a very idealistic person who is always looking out for Kituu and guides her whenever need be. I help her out of situations, make her realise her dreams of making it big in the news world. I pay more attention to the visual aspect of journalism to evoke interest in my viewers. It is my meeting with Kituu that helps me in waking my sleeping conscience. I assist Kituu in getting a job in the news channel and throughout remain Kituu's mentor. Somewhere later when Kituu leaves and joins some other news channel, we become rivals. From here our story continues as I remain Kituu's mentor but at the same time a potential competitor.

What do you do in your leisure time?
I love reading different types of books and I absolutely thrive on adventure sports like paragliding.

According to you what has been your best performance till date?
I have acted in a Marathi movie where I was nominated for the Best Actress award, a digital movie and also in tele films like Tumhi Toh Ho on Sahara. That according to me was my best performance. The others were challenging as well.

source-

http://www.cybernoon.com/DisplayArticle.asp?section=xtras&am p;am p;subsection=showbuzz&xfile=December2005_closeup_standar d92&child=closeup

Edited by Jaslove - 17 years ago
Jaslove thumbnail

'I will kill anybody who behaves indecently'
Farhana Farook Wednesday, December 07, 2005  19:50 IST

Playing wonder girl in 'Kituu Sab Jaanti Hai' has turned life around for her confesses Ami Trivedi

Before Kituu
My dad, Tusshar Trivedi has been a theatre person. As a child artiste, I have played roles in serials like 'Zee Horror Show', 'Hamrahi' and Prakash Jha's telefilm 'Didi'. I am a graduate in physics from Jai Hind College. I was keen to study medicine which eventually didn't happen Later I did Gujarati commercial theatre ('Life Partner' and 'Hawe Vasant Thainai Aavo') for 6 years. Subsequently I appeared in TV shows 'Kumkum' and 'Khichdi'.

Kituu
I am addressed as 'Kituu' everywhere I go. So much so that it takes me time to react to my name 'Ami'. Recently I had been to an awards function and somebody asked me who the winners would be? They assumed that since Kituu sab jaanti hai, I would know that too.

Ami
Earlier I was a mischievous brat. But of late I have sobered down and begun to take life seriously. There's something I'd like to change about myself-my tendency to think negative. I wish to imbibe a positive attitude. At the same time I am a strong person and can be by myself most of the time. But I need my mom around. She is my lifeline.

Unwind
I love shopping for clothes, accessories and cosmetics. I also enjoy reading Harry Potter novels and Archie comics. Sidney Sheldon's novel 'Tomorrow Never Comes' is my all-time favourite. I unwind by dancing to Hindi film tracks - 'Salaam Namaste' and 'Chocolate' are my current favourites.

Friends
I have a couple of friends from my college days whom I am close to. From the industry, Amit Varma, my co-star in 'Kituu…' is a very good friend.**(no wonder they act so beautifully on screen rite ppl)** I have known him from the 'Khichdi' days. So is Kavita Kaushik whom I have known since 'Kumkum.' I am not a person who stays hooked to the cell phone. For me communication is meeting the person.

Food and Fitness
I love food but don't enjoy cooking. My favourite food is ghar ka khaana. Being a Gujarati, I relish the sweet flavour in our dishes. Khaman dhoklas, chaats and junk food are my preferences. Since I shoot from 9 am to 9 pm, there's no time to exercise. My mother keeps nagging me about my weight. I have to watch it. I love walking; it pulls me up when I am feeling low.

Indecent proposal
Nobody has ever done that. I will kill anybody who dares to talk indecently to me. With talent you can definitely make it.

Dreams
I want to be noticed by the audiences. I do not want to be a standby. If God is on your side, you really don't have to do much. I visit the Mount Mary Church. It's very peaceful. I go to the Siddhi Vinayak temple too. Since the past four years I have been fasting on a Tuesday. An astrologer suggested that it would do me good.

Love
Honesty would be very important for me in a relationship. A sense of humour would follow this.

I would also want my man to be pleasant-looking. It's not that I am not emotional but I have learnt to be practical. If something is not possible, I believe in letting it go.
Dream date

It would have to be Saif Ali Khan. I find him very cute and he has a great sense of humour. Also I would get an opportunity to ask him all that I want to. He will have to decide where we have to go.
Mantra

To build castles in the air you have to first lay the foundation on ground.

Jaslove thumbnail

Amit Verma on a 'honeymoon'

Amit Verma aka Rohan Kapoor of "Kittu Sab Jaanti Hai" on Sahara is on his honeymoon in the serial. After his marriage to Nandini in the soap they are out in France for their honeymoon for a month.

Amit who is the lead actor opposite Kittu in the serial will be away from the screen for a month. This will be a holiday time for him, when he'll spend time with his friends and family. Verma who hasn't taken a break in two years will chill and refresh himself in this one month.

Amit, a model turned actor has done commercials like Thumps Up, Lifebuoy, VIP, Surf, Airtel, Kinetic Nova and started his televisin career with 'Khichdi' on Star Plus. After this he did 'Hotel Kingston' on Star One and then moved on to "Kittu Sab Jaanti Hai" on Sahara television. The good looking guy has also done a film called 'Detective Nani'.

http://tvguide.indiatimes.com/articleshow/1447614.cms

Jaslove thumbnail

Celebs' plans for Holi
By: Goher Iqbal Punn
Monday, March 13, 2006

Celebs always celebrate all festivals with much gusto and their celebrations are what everybody wants to peek into. Holi is round the corner and they have made their plans to doll up with it. Some of our television hotties have discussed what they are going to do on the festival of colors. And this is what they have said: 

Amita Chandekar
I am very scared when it comes to play Holi. I remember when I was small I had been out with my family to a resort to play Holi. The site of everyone running behind each other and painting them with colors and then throwing them into the huge tank of water scared me completely. Even today I only put a little gulal on my face that too because my friends insist on putting the colors. Otherwise I dread to play Holi. 

Amit Verma
Holi is very special to me as it is one of the few festivals I really enjoy playing. This year I will be out with my gang to one of our friend's farmhouse and are planning to celebrate Holi in the traditional way. Oil Paints and Balloons are a strict No No. We will celebrate it with gulal, water and lots and Lots of Bhang!!! There is also a cricket game that is planned.

Mrinal Deshraj
I love playing Holi. Its like experiencing rain in summers!!! I usually spend this day with my close group of friends. It's been like a pattern, we take turns and meet up at one of our places every year to play Holi. It's a lot of fun as due to our busy schedules we hardly get to meet each other. But during Holi we make sure that we spend the day together. 

Shital Thakkar
I am going to play a High Protein Holi as I will be playing it with eggs. I don't like color, as the after effects are quite painful like washing it out. At times they have adverse effects on your skin. Eggs on the other side have no side effects and it will be quite a healthy play!!!

http://movies.indiainfo.com/television/holi-130306.html

Jaslove thumbnail

Interview with actor Tarun Khanna

"Once you get popular with kids, nobody can beat your popularity"
Posted on 26 June 2003

Negative Publicity. Whether Tarun Khanna agrees or not, this is how he was born, I mean, this is how he came into the limelight. Well, nothing works better than negative publicity, does it?

Let's recall how. After the tremendous success of Kaho Naa Pyaar Hai, Hrithik Roshan had became the talk of tinsel town. Everyone knew who Hrithik was. His popularity was so intense that it was taken for granted that he was an established star. Film lovers simply loved Hrithik...he was a hunk who could act! Everything was going fine, till a rumour started circulating around that Shah Rukh Khan was feeling insecure with Hrithik around. The media ,of course, just added fuel to the fire. On the Internet, there were virtual battles fought between the HR and the SRK fan community.

Pepsi took advantage of the scenario and came out with a commercial (made by the genius Prahlad Kakkar) in which Shah Rukh poked fun at a Hrithik look-alike who wore braces. Pepsi had done their homework. Hrithik indeed wore braces in his young age. The advertisement generated a huge controversy. No prizes for guessing where Tarun Khanna fitted into this! Overnight, he became a household name as the Hrithik lookalike!

Meet the braces-wearing guy of that (in)famous ad, he is now playing the pivotal role in Kabhi Na Aaye Judaai (Star Plus) and Naam Gum Jayega (Sony).

Excerpts from an interview with Vickey Lalwani.

A little into your background?
Sure. I am a Delhi-ite. I shifted to Mumbai three years ago. Before that, I was into modelling and walking the ramp. I came to Mumbai for more exposure in the glamour world. I modelled for 'Pepsi', 'Hyundai Accent', 'Hero Honda'. 'Raymonds', 'Titan'- to name a few.

And then television happened?
Right. I did my first TV serial- Avinash IPS (Star Plus). The Star Plus guys liked me a lot and offered me a few projects. I rejected many of them, but liked Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai.

Do you agree that the Pepsi controversial ad worked in your favour?
(laughs). Not exactly. Whenever you work with big production houses and big stars, you get noticed. I am sure that if I had worked with Prahlad Kakkar and Shah Rukh Khan even in some other ad, people would still have noticed me. I have a lot of potential and that is bound to work, sooner or later. Avinash IPS used to come on air on Fridays at 11 pm, a time when people just start getting into their weekend 'masti' mode. Still, I received lots of acclaim for that. That clearly signifies that people cancelled or at least postponed their weekend 'masti' to watch me.

How did 'Avinash IPS' happen?
One day, I got a call from UTV office saying Star Plus has recommended your name to us for playing the title role in Avinash IPS. I was thrilled to receive an offer with myself in the title role. How could I refuse? Besides, I saw two good points in that offer. 1) The serial was very popular with kids. Remember, once you get popular with kids, nobody can beat your popularity howsoever hard he may try. 2) The serial required me to indulge in heavy-duty action and I am a black belt in karate.

You said Star Plus offered you many scripts before you accepted 'Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai'. What are your parameters of selection?
I would never consider the length of the role. I would be lying if I say that I don't want to be the main protagonist in every serial I do. But if that does not happen, I would simply ensure that my role is important to the story. There are so many fellas in every serial who are packing material. Even if you chuck them out, the story will move smoothly. I don't want to be one of them.

You are also doing a serial 'Naam Gum Jayega' wherein you play Gauri Pradhan's lover. Expecting some trouble brewing up in that serial, owing to its provocative subject on religion?
Those guys are very intelligent makers. They are balancing everything. Go to see, that serial has won lots of critical acclaim. The story idea of showing how politically inclined people try to realise their ambitions taking advantage of religion, has never been portrayed on television.

"I wanted to play someone like Gabbar Singh of 'Sholay'- a villain without a reason"

A still from Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai

You must be drawn towards movies?
In fact, I am doing two movies. Kuch Kaha Aapne (opposite a newcomer Niloufer) and Kyunki Hum Deewane Hai (opposite Simone Singh). KKA will release by September and KHDH, by the end of this year.

How close are you to the character of Sameer in 'Kabhi Aaye Na Judaai' who gets married to the girl of his parents' choice?
Not at all. I am not the Sameer type of a guy in real life. That's why I took up this role. It is an acid test on my acting skills. Acting should not be what you can do easily. Acting should be getting into the skin of a character who is unlike you. Besides, I have got a big opportunity to express a gamut of emotions in KANJ.

Elaborate.
If you recall, Sameer was a negative character to begin with. Later, he transforms into a positive one. So there is a wide array of feelings and expressions I have had to undergo. It has not been easy, but I have learnt and enjoyed every bit of it. Somehow I got the negative character which I was looking out for. I always used to say that if I ever play negative, it should be without a cause. I didn't want to play the Shah Rukh of Baazigar who had a cause for his menacing behaviour. I didn't want to play a guy who is out to avenge his father's death or his mother's rape. I wanted to play someone like Gabbar Singh of Sholay- a villain without a reason.

Are you a spontaneous actor?
Yes, but I do take the method route as well. There are scenes, which are very easy to do- like what we do in our day to day life, etc. There I am spontaneous. But when it comes to scenes where I have to change my personality, I have to do some rehearsals, discuss with my seniors, study the dialogues to introduce timely pauses in between. That's where I turn into a methodical actor. Call me a mixture of both.

Are you particular about what you wear on screen?
It's not in my hands. I want to appear differently at times, but some other people- the channel, the producers, the dress-designers- are the decision makers. But I look at it from the positive side. If you are not wearing what you want to, it can mar your confidence. Inspite of that, if you can leave a mark, then why not? Somehow I love any challenge in life.

Ever goofed up a scene?
Every day, but nothing major really.

How good are you at memorizing lines?
Quite. I have no problems in memorizing lines. But television is quite a flexible medium. At times, nobody minds if we change a few words without diluting the meaning. If I want to say 'main tumhe jaan se maar doonga' and I end up saying 'main tumhe khatam kar doonga', it makes no difference. We need to understand the mood of the scene and convey the message.

How important is the director to you?
Tremendously. Though I repeat that we understand the mood of the scene before conveying the message, sometimes we fail in our effort.

"There are so many fellas in every serial who are packing material.Even if you chuck them out, the story will move smoothly. I don't want to be one of them"

Do you improvise?
Yes. Tell you how. I particularly try to add a few mannerisms into my character, with the passage of time. Else the whole stuff would appear repititive and stale.

Do you refer to the monitor and suggest to the director, if you haven't delivered as per your expectations?
I don't see the monitor at all. I can sense it if I am not going well. I stop in the middle, apologise and request for a re-take.

But what if a senior is with you in the frame? Do you halt in your tracks even then?
See, such a thing happens only once in a while. But if it happens, I wouldn't care if Amitabh Bachchan or Dilip Kumar is in the frame. Is there any sense in going on if I have stuttered or not got into the mood?

How satisfied are you at this point in your career?
At this point, I am breathing free. I am working 26-27 days in a month, twelve to fourteen hours per day. That's not bad, I hope? (smiles).

What else?
I have just done a title track 'Sajjan Bin Dil Na Lage' for a music video with Shweta Shetty.

link: http://www.indiantelevision.com/interviews/y2k3/actor/tarunk hanna.htm

Jaslove thumbnail

Buffalo and calf injured on sets!

The accident happened when a skimmer fell on the animals on the sets. But for once Kituu kuch nahin janti....

Ami Trivedi in Kittu Sab Janti Hain
Sapana Patil

We've heard of television actors collapsing on the sets with overwork and injury. Now, on the sets of Kituu Sab Jaanti Hai a buffalo and its calf have been injured, though not grievously.

The incident happened last week when a village scene was being shot at Kamalistan Studios. Apparently a lot of animals, including goats, buffaloes and cows, were hired to form the village scene. This particular buffalo and its calf were tied to a pole under a shed prepared for them, behind the skimmer. The skimmer fell on the two and hurt them. For those who've come in late, a skimmer is an equipment constructed by mounting a satin cloth on iron rods. It is used to refract extra sunlight.     

The serial's protagonist Ami Trivedi aka Kituu who witnessed the accident, recounts the incident. She says, "The buffalo and the calf were kept under a shed behind the skimmer. All of a sudden, the skimmer fell on them. Not many people were around because they were setting up the shot elsewhere. Hence, only my co-star and I saw it. We rushed to the animals and lifted the skimmer. The skimmer was very heavy and it was difficult to lift. The animals suffered injury because of the weight and also because the skimmer had iron rods."

Trivedi adds, "After we lifted the skimmer, we gave the animals water to drink. I am an animal lover, and felt awful about the unfortunate incident." When contacted, the serial's director Anshuman Singh said, "I was not present on the sets on the day the incident happened. I heard about it the next day. However, it wasn't a very serious accident, because I shot with the buffaloes the next day and they were fine. Moreover, a skimmer is not a heavy object. It weighs only four to five kilograms. I know because a skimmer has fallen on me too, once!" When contacted, producer Manish Goswami simply denied the accident.

http://www.mumbaimirror.com/nmirror/mmpaper.asp?sectid=19&am p;am p;articleid=432006235314765432006235259953

Jaslove thumbnail

Name: Tarun Khanna

Birth Sign:   Pisces

Height:  180 cms

Wieght:   78kgs

Tarun Khanna came to be noticed after the controversial Pepsi ad and according to him this ad is lucky for him. Although the promotional ad for Phir Bhi Dil Hai Hindustani, one of the Pepsi-ad series was his first, it hardly got him noticed. When his other campaigns with Pringle, Four Square and Maruti also did not get him the needed recognition, the Pepsi ad with Shahrukh Khan did the trick. Tarun declares, "As far as this ad is concerned, it is probably a sheer coincidence that I look like Hrithik. Also there has been no attempt to prove that Shahrukh is better than Hrithik.

Tarun very much resembles Hrithik and according to him at times its quite annoying to be called a Hrithik look alike. Tarun has now focused his attention to showbiz and is making his debut appearance with a Mahesh Manjerekar film Tere Pyar Ki Kasam, which also stars Sunil Shetty, Mahima Chaudhary and Hrishita Bhatt.

http://www.myasia.net/bollywood/profile.asp?xi=198&xp=65 &xpt=Actors&sp=Indian%20Stars&xt=Tarun+Khanna

Jaslove thumbnail

Switching roles

Tarun Khanna in Kabhi Aaye Na Judai: Stirring performance
Tarun Khanna in Kabhi Aaye Na Judai: Stirring performance

It happened only on the silver screen when stars went in for an image change — from a hero to a baddie and from villain to comedian. Now the phenomenon has started on the small screen as well. Sameer Bajaj who played a darkly negative role in Kasauti Zindagi Kay is now the chocolate-cream Mihir Virani of Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi.

Following Sameer Bajaj is Tarun Khanna who plays the rich and spoilt brat Sameer Malhotra in Kabhi Na Aaye Judaai on Star Plus and has become the goodie-goodie Aryan in Naam Gum Jaye Ga on Sony Entertainment Television.

"I took up a different role as I want to broaden my range as an actor," says Tarun and adds, "that's the great advantage of television. You can experiment on this medium." Obviously, the star has bigger goals in mind when he talks about experimenting on TV.

Apart from serials, Tarun has done Shweta Shetty's new music album Sajan Bin Dil Na Lage. Film offers are also pouring in but he is currently doing just one — Kyonki Hum Deewane Hai opposite Simone Singh. "I am in no great hurry. I only want to pick up projects of my liking the way Aamir Khan does." Though Aamir may not find the comparison flattering, but the fact is that no one can doubt the spirit of the young star.

Jaslove thumbnail

Baap re baap:
Naresh Suri

Nary mera naam!

Character artiste Naresh Suri, initially, found it extremely amusing when his co-actors in the Zee daily Sinndoor started calling him Nary. "The younger lot in the unit coined this name for me and now everyone refers to me as Nary," he says. Not that Suri is complaining.

"It sounds hep and mod and Nary Suri has that zing to it," he adds. He plays the father figure in both his shows, Sinndoor as well as Kituu on SaharaOne. And in Sony's new show, Aisa Des Hai Mera, he will be seen as Colonel Iqbal Singh Deol — playing a father thrice over, can be quite a daunting task

Source Mid-day: http://web.mid-day.com/hitlist/2006/april/135960.htm

Jaslove thumbnail
Ami is losing it while Amit has lost it

Ami Trivedi of Sahara One's Kittu Sab Janti Haiis often complimented for her cutie pie, girl next door look,but apparently, the production house house is not too pleased with all the weight that Ami's putting on, and has asked her to slim down asap.So, now Ami is hitting the diet and exercise regime with a vegeance. At the same time someone else from the same show had to udertake the same task. Amit Varma was outta the scene in Kittu 4 the last few weeks, as he was shown to be honeymooning. As Amit chilled out with his friends , when it was time to get back to the shoot, he realised that he had put on lot of weight, which he needed to shed. So,he donned his work out clothes and ran the treadmill for 2 hrs straight and burnt 1300 calories in just one day! But when he got down from the machine, he couldnt feel his legs and collasped. But that didnt mean he took rest for the next few days. The following day, he was back and burnt 400 more calories. So in one week , he managed to lost 4 Kilos! maybe Ami should take some tips from Amit