Salman Khan is in Jail

Signora2 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Hindi film star Salman Khan is in judicail custody and will spend two nights ( for now) Jodhpur central Jail.

He has been found guilty in the Chinkra case, the local courts in Jodhpur have sentenced him to 5-years of jail term and  also slapped a fine  of rs  25, 000.
He was convicted  udner the Wildlife protection  act of 1972 and arms act.,
HE was charged for killing the  Chinkarta  and later preparing its meat.

He was earlier given one year imprisonment in the Chinkara case.Khan is being tried for four cases the primary being the illegal hunting of black buck and chinkara in Jodhpur with his friends.

For  now he will be spending two nights in jail, as the courts will remain close till Wednesday, his lawyers will try for bail but in the session  courts the jail term that is more than three years is rarely lessend. HIs lawyers may even approach the Supreme court.

The case against Salman was fought by a Lawyer who hails from the Bishnoi community of Rajasthan fierce protectors of wildlife especially Chinkara.

This is the first time a high profile personality has been punished for hunting an animal that comes under protected list. IF Salman Khans's lawyers fail to get him bail,  Salman will have to complete the jail term.

A harsh lesson for abhinetas who care two hoots for the law of the land.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aparna_BD thumbnail
I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed this time . Hope he stays in jail . Hope we get a message out there that breaking law will get you in jail irrespective of your connections.
sana.abraham thumbnail
knowing Salman...very unlikely will he spend 5 years in jail...who knows..maybe these 2 nights are a stunt or part of agreement?. 😉 ..law and justice is supposed to be fair and for all..but it just so happens these days..and more in countries like India/Pakistan etc...stars or people with money..can buy over anything...sucks really..but i dont think Salman should be the only one to be blamed and found guilty either...many many other people should be in with him!...i.e Sonali/Saif/Saif's dad..
|iami5o4| thumbnail
I don't think this is right at all. People get away with murdering people but he's sentenced to 5 years in jail for killing a deer? And he did in that way back in 1998. Its kinda ridiculous if you think about it. They just want to take Salman Khan down. First they accused him of having links with terrorists and now this?

Sure he killed an "endangered" animal but Satish Shah, Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu and Sonali Bendre who we're also involved in the case have been acquitted from case. And the other co-accused Govardhan Singh had only received 1 year in jail.

So why is it right for Salman Khan to be sentenced for 5 years?

Plus, how is he going to do the ROCKSTARS concert here in the States? I think everyone in the media is just out to get him.

I don't think Salman Khan deserves this at all.
sana.abraham thumbnail

Originally posted by: |iami5o4|

I don't think this is right at all. People get away with murdering people but he's sentenced to 5 years in jail for killing a deer? And he did in that way back in 1998. Its kinda ridiculous if you think about it. They just want to take Salman Khan down. First they accused him of having links with terrorists and now this?

Sure he killed an "endangered" animal but Satish Shah, Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu and Sonali Bendre who we're also involved in the case have been acquitted from case. And the other co-accused Govardhan Singh had only received 1 year in jail.

So why is it right for Salman Khan to be sentenced for 5 years?

Plus, how is he going to do the ROCKSTARS concert here in the States? I think everyone in the media is just out to get him.

I don't think Salman Khan deserves this at all.

i totally agree that media is trying to take him down..and i dealt with that first hand...so i know exactly how their trying to take him down...but Sal bhai has 10 charges agaisnt him...so from what i hear and know..its way too hard to get him free now...though im still thinking he'll get out of this mess...his lawyers are good...but if you punish someone..why not the whole clang involved...sheesh...

as for Rockstars Concert.....a replacement..

Pradarshak thumbnail
If not for 5 yrs, he should be there in jail for sometime. Ek badi machli to jaal mein phasna chahiye. Bad luck for him, if it's to start with Salman. No personal against Salman, he did a good job in entertaining. But these rich and famous people should learn that they can't be exempted every time from the punishment. It is a bad thing if the other accusals are freed, that does not mean Salman should be also excused.
sana.abraham thumbnail
April 10, 2006 - 07:03 IST

After repeated hearings, the long overdue '1998 black buck killing' case has finally come to an end and actor Salman Khan has been sentenced to five years of rigorous imprisonment. Also he has been imposed a fine of Rs 25000 by the local court. Salman has been taken into custody and will be sent to the Central Jail in Jodhpur.

The other co-accused Govardhan Singh has received a sentence of one-year rigorous imprisonment and imposed with a fine of Rs 5000. However the other seven accused, including comedian Satish Shah, Saif Ali Khan, Neelam, Tabu and Sonali Bendre have been acquitted in this case.

Salman Khan was earlier sentenced for one year imprisonment by the same court on February 17 for the same case. But the sentence was suspended for a month to enable him to appeal.
Aparna_BD thumbnail
When i hear people supporting Salman Khan only because he is a famous actor many people love .They pull out arguments to support and justify his actions :
1) Others did it and did not get punished . So why should he. First punish others then him.
2)He did this way back , so in time if you are not caught ......that crime should become null and void .....as if it did not happen.
3) Kill a deer isn't such a big deal ....we should concentrate on bigger crimes.
4) His deer killing crime doesn't make sense , he should have been punished for the road accident
5) Yaar how will we watch his films.
6) yaaar how will we watch his concert.
7) Its a conspiracy to malign a famous persons name , The Goverment has a gruge against famous people.

I realise one thing ,i shouldn't complain about my Country , its administration and its justice system . Thats because thats what our people make of it . Its our people who make this system defunct and corrupt so why complain . I have nothing more to say on this topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Edited by Aparna_BD - 18 years ago
MonicA#1Actress thumbnail

4) His deer killing crime doesn't make sense , he should have been punished for the road accident

I actually agreed on this. He should have been arrested for that, along with the deer case.

But I wish they would give harsh punishments to people like the killers of Jessica Lal, who also are rich and got away with murder.  I say spare no one.

CuteFairy91 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

I am keeping my fingers and toes crossed this time . Hope he stays in jail . Hope we get a message out there that breaking law will get you in jail irrespective of your connections.

Noo. I like Salman Khan. 😭