Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sanya_s thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

When I heard Salman was in jail for killing deer..the first thing that came to my mind is that if our law dealt with other cases also so efficiently and quickly..India would have been a better place..I think that its coz he's a celebrity that he's being so taunted by the media..n I dont like media being so merciless with him..but If he did something wrong..he has to get the punishment he deserves.
Pradarshak thumbnail

Originally posted by: sana.abraham

Salman wont open his mouth agaisnt others..because theres no proof..infact theres no proof agaisnt Salman either....

everything was based on 1 drivers statement..

in most cases...1 persons statement..that too knowing this person changed his statement soon after..would mean too little proof to convict someone for 5 years..but not in this case...how come?

its unlikely the driver would be pressurized after...why would anyone from Salmans side pressurize a driver AFTER he gave a statement?..if the news of that leaks out...Salman for sure would be at taunted and tarnished..nobody takes those steps at this point in time...it makes more sense to bribe someone before they have to give a statement about you..and also..Salman's lawyers knew that the court wouldnt listen to the 2nd statement by the driver from a very long time..so why would they make him give a 2nd statement?...the courts been pulling stunts on this case ever since it began...such as not taking into account a lot of other facts which are key elements..as in another statement by another man..who dissapeared after his testifying agaisnt Salman...and never reported to court for cross examination or anything else..even after having recieved notice after notice...these things say a lot....anyway ive been advised not to say too much info on this specially over the net....so i wont...but all i know is that...the law surely dissapointed in this case....its not a fair case..when looked at legally that is..leave all the emotions and stuff out..legally its not a fair deal....and most definately...justice wasn't served...only arrogancy/contradiction and aggresion was....but Salman will appeal and inshallah he'll get a fair treatment...because this is just pathetic..but what more can you expected out of the Jodhpur court anyway..after all the injustice they've been doing for the past month..and then proving their own stupidity by putting out obvious personal attack statements....this is what happens when too much power is given to a system that cant put it to proper use.

This type of changing statement happened before also, in the 'Bakery-case", where the girl denied whatever she admitted previously. Since she was later paid a huge amount as a bribe. So, you never know.

And what's the point? Just because Salman is a celebrity he will be exempted from the punishment? Though 5 yrs term seems too much. Whatever it is, Salman is not innocent. If we are  civilized citizens of a country we have to follow the rules and regulations. A black buck/Chinkara is a very rare species, it is on the verge of being extinct from the world(koi gaye-bhayas nahin). And we need to protect this rare species. And if others are also involved, I believe they should also be punished.

Edited by Pradarshak - 18 years ago
simi1295 thumbnail
i dont think he deserves to be in jail..he is a good person and all the ppl who know him say that. i have seen him in person and he was gr8 to us. unlike other actors who dont even say hi to the fans.. and ppl get away with alot worse then salman ever did. indian police is after him for nothing. they are picking on him. salman is the best and always will be.
|iami5o4| thumbnail

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

When i hear people supporting Salman Khan only because he is a famous actor many people love .They pull out arguments to support and justify his actions :
1) Others did it and did not get punished . So why should he. First punish others then him.
2)He did this way back , so in time if you are not caught ......that crime should become null and void .....as if it did not happen.
3) Kill a deer isn't such a big deal ....we should concentrate on bigger crimes.
4) His deer killing crime doesn't make sense , he should have been punished for the road accident
5) Yaar how will we watch his films.
6) yaaar how will we watch his concert.
7) Its a conspiracy to malign a famous persons name , The Goverment has a gruge against famous people.

I don't know where you got that impression from but I never implied anything your stating.

"Others did it and did not get punished . So why should he. First punish others then him."

No, if they all we're guilty of the crime than obviously they all should've been punished. Many people are claiming that SALMAN KHAN is the main person who committed the crime because he shot the deer. If all those people we're with him at the scene why didn't they do anything to stop or prevent him from doing it? Thats the same thing as seeing a person about to shoot someone but not doing anything about it. So, technically they're "ethically" wrong and guilty. They could've stopped Salman if they thought what he was doing was wrong.

"He did this way back , so in time if you are not caught ......that crime should become null and void .....as if it did not happen."

Not at all. What I meant was that if he did the crime back in 1998 than why didn't they punish him then instead of now when his career is getting so big? WHY WAIT SO DARN LONG? Obviously there's something amiss. If they honestly cared and was serious about that deer they would've brought it up in that year alone.

"Kill a deer isn't such a big deal ....we should concentrate on bigger crimes. His deer killing crime doesn't make sense , he should have been punished for the road accident."

Killing an endangered deer is a big deal amongst animal activists and I can understand that. But isn't 5 years in prison being a bit too harsh? I bet if a regular person were to commit the same crime they would have gotten far less than 5 years.

"Yaar how will we watch his films. Yaaar how will we watch his concert. Its a conspiracy to malign a famous persons name , The Goverment has a gruge against famous people."

Well, thats your "assumption" of why some Salman Khan fans are out to defend him. The reason why I'm choosing to defend him isn't because of his films or concert. I just don't think a person should be this harsly punished for killing an endangered deer thats all. And I would say the same thing for anyone else.

The thing that really annoys me is the way the media is always out to get him. First there was that fake "terrorist" tape and now this? Yes Salman Khan is guilty for killing the deer but why take sooo incredibly long to bring it up? If they honestly cared about that "deer" they would've arrested him way back in 1998.

But don't get me wrong here, its good that Salman is announced "guilty" for his crime because now he'll learn from his mistakes and change for the better. But I really don't think a person needs 5 whole years to realize that. They can realize the damage they have caused in far less.
Edited by |iami5o4| - 18 years ago
simi1295 thumbnail
He is not guilty.. people get away with things that are much bigger, and i dont think salman even did anything wrong.. and who are we to say how bad he is and he should be in jail, its not like we know him personaly. The lilltle i know of him, is that he is a great guy and he looks DAMN HOT. and he greats his fans nice and all the actors say gr8 things about him...
Signora2 thumbnail
The judges have already pronounced their judgement, in one case he was given a year imprisonment and in another five years.
The case falls only after witnesses turn hostile, the driver( of Salman) has been caught on camera making statements about Salman Khan and other stars culpabilty and he again retracted his statement. There were 38 witnesses of which 8 turned hostile.
SAif Ali Khan and other stars are facing charges on black buck hunting cases.
Salman has three cases, this one and other was for poaching and hunting of Chinkaras.
JUDGES seldom get impressed by the glitz and glamour of the stars, if they did that there would be no place for a common man.

simi1295 thumbnail
I dont believe anything they say about salman. when did the media start telling the truth and when did indian police started to catch the really bad guys? They are after poor salman for nothing. The need to go after the ppl who make bigger and worse mistakes then salman ever did. lets not believe everything we hear.
|iami5o4| thumbnail
I found an interesting article relating to this matter off of santabanta.com

Let's see how Salman Khan's family is handling all this. And I gotta admit his brother has a lot of honest and positive things to say about Salman which I can agree with. 😊

Salman Bhai will survive: Sohail Khan

A Brother's anguish….. In Jodhpur Sohail Khan speaks To Subhash K Jha

Sohail hasn't slept much in the last two days. His star-brother Salman Khan is in trouble….yet again. And it looks like serious trouble.

Sohail has been in consultation with lawyers all night. "They're competent and they know what they're doing. But they're helpless. With due respects to the law, our lawyers think the five-year sentence is unjust.

Our lawyers don't know what's a happening. If it was a three-year sentence, the honorable judge himself could've granted bail.

He pronounced his sentence at 1.30 pm when the sessions court had already closed….It all seems strange…and now the hearing for the bail has been postponed for tomorrow. I can't understand this."

Sohail met Salman on Tuesday. "He's all right…he's all right….He's in good health…and yes, he's eating. It's my mom we're worried about. After she heard the sentence she couldn't take it.

She was expecting the bail today (Wednesday). Now we don't know how to break the postponement to her. She can't bear the thought that Salmanbhai is helpless in jail.

The entire Khan clan is under tremendous pressure. He sighs deeply. "It's really sad. But because of who my brother is, they want to make an example out of him. Why such a harsh punishment for him? Do they want to set a precedent ?. Till date no one has been granted such a punishment for similar incidents …"

Sohail's voice gets edgy. "My brother even went to jail for an accident case. An accident cannot be considered a crime."

There's an anguished silence. "I know he doesn't speak up in the press. But that's the way he is. He doesn't open up to anybody. Does that give anyone the right to hunt him down for offences that are not granted such severe sentences in other cases?

Right now it's become like a power game. 'Let's hunt this boy down. Let's bring him down to his knees.' Please, let my brother be! He's suffered enough. And we're suffering with him."

Sohail protests about the lack of space in the Khan household at this time of crisis. "My mom was being taken to the hospital. But there was no room for the ambulance to move.

The lack of sensitivity when someone is in distress …that's completely not understandable. Anything could've happened to our mother. Fortunately she's fine."

He pauses to reflect. "What do thet want? Do they really want Salmanbhai to to go to jail for five years? Will that make them happy? From what we see it seems some people are working towards putting him in.

If, God forbid, tomorrow he's locked away they'll say, it's a very harsh punishment because producers and films are suffering. But what about us, what about Salmanbhai? Does anyone know what we're going through? I'd request some amount of restrain."

Sighs Sohail, "When people say, treat Salman like any ordinary citizen we say, please do. Because right now he is being treated much worse than any ordinary citizen. Why is he being made into an example?

And if he's being made into an example is everyone in a black buck case going to go to prison and is everyone involved in a road accident going to go to jail? Chalo theek hai…aapne Salman-bhai ko andar kiya. Ab sab ko karo."

Sohail will remain in Jodhpur until further development. "I'm here with my sister. I'm all right. Today I was disappointed when the bail please was rejected. But that's okay. Tomorrow is another day. Salmanbhai will survive."

==================================================
Its really sad that Salman's mother went into shock and had to go to the hospital upon hearing his 5 year sentence. I can tell his brother is taking this really hard as well. Its pretty obvious by now that Salman Khan's family stands by him no matter what and that sure is a beautiful thing to have in a family.

Hopefully Salman gets out soon cuz. not only is his family suffering but also his FANs. I remember reading in an article that one of his fans stated that they wouldn't eat until he was released from jail. So, I think its been 3 days now so yea .... thats some dedication.

Not only is his family and fans suffering but also his girlfriend Katrina Kaif. Director Raj Kanwar who had cast her in his film 'Humko Deewana Kar Gaye' has to postpone the release of the film because she became emotionally disturbed and went out of town. He was nice enough to do that for her. He also told her that they all would celebrate once Salman returned.

I think the sooner Salman is released from jail the better. Its becoming too much now... 😵
Pradarshak thumbnail

But don't get me wrong here, its good that Salman is announced "guilty" for his crime because now he'll learn from his mistakes and change for the better. But I really don't think a person needs 5 whole years to realize that. They can realize the damage they have caused in far less.
[/QUOTE] by |iami5o4|

I agree with your last statement. But as I read in some article, someone suggested that instead of the jail term Salman and others(involved)should promote the growth of that endangered species, since he is convicted of the crime of killing.

Edited by Pradarshak - 18 years ago
simi1295 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

by |iami5o4|

I agree with your last statement. But as I read in some article, someone suggested that instead of the jail term Salman and others(involved)should promote the growth of that endangered species, since he is convicted of the crime of killing.

[/QUOTE] omg dont say that, plzzz....he is innocnt