Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

usachick821 thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago

Originally posted by: Aparna_BD

When i hear people supporting Salman Khan only because he is a famous actor many people love .They pull out arguments to support and justify his actions :
1) Others did it and did not get punished . So why should he. First punish others then him.
2)He did this way back , so in time if you are not caught ......that crime should become null and void .....as if it did not happen.
3) Kill a deer isn't such a big deal ....we should concentrate on bigger crimes.
4) His deer killing crime doesn't make sense , he should have been punished for the road accident
5) Yaar how will we watch his films.
6) yaaar how will we watch his concert.
7) Its a conspiracy to malign a famous persons name , The Goverment has a gruge against famous people.

I realise one thing ,i shouldn't complain about my Country , its administration and its justice system . Thats because thats what our people make of it . Its our people who make this system defunct and corrupt so why complain . I have nothing more to say on this topic !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree, just because some famous person has been accused of a crime does not mean that he/she is automatically innocent, it is possible that he could have done it, why do we rule this out just because we know him as a T.V actor? if an ordinary man can do it then why cannot a famous one, and as for the other people who have been aqquitted from the case, there is a legitimate reason, apparently they were only with salman and the other guy while the hunting was going on, they didnt really kill anything or hunt. And they didnt partake in the consumption of the meat either.

Miss-kiss thumbnail
i doubt he even stays in jail three days

but i hope he dosent come out atleast for sometime i mean hes been doing stuid things over and over again y cant he be like my cute littel innocent sahid 😳
Signora2 thumbnail
This is what the judges had to say among other things
"Since our society followed the stars and looked up to them, they had a greater responsibility towards public, CJM Jain said.............................................. This was ...................... needless act. He killed the animals for fun." ( Indian Express, April 11,06.)
The message is clear every body is equal before law, in our country netas and abhinetas have a field day overiding public opinion and law of the land.
     Media has no love or hate relationship with stars, no matter how much we love them, if they commit a crime as wanton as hunting black buck and Chinkara they will be tried for the crime. It is simple people who value lives will not kill animals for fun, earlier too I had stressed the role played by the Bishnoi community in protecting Chinkaras,   their have been incidents when they laid down their lives for them, it is no irony that it was the collective will of the community that ensured a case be registered against Salman and he be tried.
If media celebrates actors for their success it will be equally ferocious when they err.   

Somebody mentioned people going scot free even after cold blooded murder, then we are to be blamed for the apathy, the things go bad when there is collective failure and beginning has to be made somewhere,
any judgment that seeks to punish the wrong doer needs to be applauded, as citizens this is the least we can do, who knows somebody we may be at the receiving end of it all. Man or animal nature had plans for each one us to live in perfect harmony.

sana.abraham thumbnail
i agree..Salman should be punished for breaking the law...but..the judge saying..."Since our society followed the stars and looked up to them, they had a greater responsibility towards public, CJM Jain said.............................................. This was ...................... needless act. He killed the animals for fun."
nobody should be judged on what level they hold....be it a poor person..or a celeb...society should never follow a star to the extent of which a star should sell his soul to them..and have to watch how they live/breath..and then be punished for any "influence"..god gave everyone his own mind...im sure an actor does not contol anyones mind..they might leave an impression..but at the end of the day..what you do..is your choice....they are actors..they act on screen..and thats what they owe to society..not how he lives his personal life....when tried at court...if everyone be given the same punishment at the end..then why not the same treatment during the trial?..why would Salman be tried with the judge keeping in mind his status..and supposed "responsibility to society"..thats something that plays no part in the law system..because when you enter a court..you should enter a place where the benefit of the doubt is yours...your no actor inside there..your no politician..your no homeless...your as ordinary as anyone..and your in there for the case at hand...and i think this Judge proved my point..when he makes that statement.
second..Jodhpur has 100+ cases on these bird killings..dated back to before Salmans case....its not an excuse to say "oh there are other cases ahead of Salman"..but when looked at the legal system..there should be equality..not biased opinions..other cases ahead of Salmans case..should have been dealt with..its not right to say.."who cares if there are other cases...Salman did wrong..he should pay"...because THE LAW..should care who else was involved..and which case came before..maybe you dont....but the legal system cannot have any grudges agaisnt anyone....its not supposed to be a biased system of thought......just because a star commits a crime..does not mean he should be forced to suffer to prove a social message..to every aggrivated soul out there..whos fed up of other stars not getting punished..Salman Khan is an actor...he's not here to sacrifice or convey messages out to society on behalf of bollywood and famous people..and thus be slapped with a penalty of which he doesn't deserve in all aspects of the case.......
if you break the law...you must pay for it
but you must pay for it fairly
not be a scrapegoat just because your famous or poor..money or status should have nothing to do with it...and most of you are forgetting what your fighting for...fighting for equality..yet cheering on a case of clear aggrivation?
law should be the same for everyone...and i think its foolish to say..in Salmans case...it has been fair....most of you guys are saying "good he's in jail..every famous person gets away with crimes"...that itself is not a justified statement...its a statement which refers to using Salman to convey a message..
nobody has a problem with him going to jail..not even Salman himself..because we all know he's at fault...but the process and the trial and tribulation is the problem..he didn't pay the price for the birds he killed...he paid the price for being famous.
so no your "equal law and order for everyone" did not apply in this case...its weird the same people who say "law and order should be equal to all"..are the ones saying "good salmans in jail..every famous person gets away with crimes"...theres no equality there..only aggrivation and revenge of some sort..dont mix justice with personal beliefs..justice is not about personal beliefs...the ones saying "others were involved they should be punished aswell..not just Salman"..arent using an excuse..but its how the law should work..if i kill someone with 3 of my friends...1 of us going to jail..should not shut society up...specially if that same society is fighting for equal treatment of everyone...then only when all 3 of us are in jail..with a suitable punishment....then society can breathe easy....this is much more than a case..its a personal and religious attack.

no offence to anyone with my post...just saying how i see it..and knowing Salman from a long time....i still dont think he should be let off..but..being a law student..this case is by no means fair..when looked at legally..and again the judge making statements of such..can only prove that..this judge clearly let Salman's stardome..control his verdict...judges should not walk into a court room with a pre-conceived notion about the culprit...he's just showing how to..fight for one thing..but contradict it at the same time..

nobody is above the law..
but since when was the law allowed to take advantage of that? to make mends with all the previous times it let others slide?

the legal system in India isnt the best anyway..they know they screwed up with Jessica Lals murder case..and thus their trying to meet eye to eye with the same society the ignored before..with Salmans case..by putting out statements like

"the law is above nobody"

its a shame really...theres no such thing as truth and justice anymore.
doyelpakhi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

well, salman khan's punishment for 5 long years is deserving or not is debatable.

but my question is - why the other stars , involved in the case were acquitted???? if salman gets sentence for 5 years for killing, then the other stars should also get some punishment. at least for one year.

Pradarshak thumbnail
Other stars were acquitted beased on the witness(drivers) statement. It was Salman who shot the deer,then caught the wounded deer in his hands and cut it's throat with knife. During the killing, Satish Shah was there with him. And next day again they went along with the other stars, but came back getting scared of the villagers.

Now, I hope it is understandable why Salman is the main convict.
SolidSnake thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
If Salman did it then he deserves the punishment.
sana.abraham thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

Other stars were acquitted beased on the witness(drivers) statement. It was Salman who shot the deer,then caught the wounded deer in his hands and cut it's throat with knife. During the killing, Satish Shah was there with him. And next day again they went along with the other stars, but came back getting scared of the villagers.

Now, I hope it is understandable why Salman is the main convict.

the Driver went to the police and confesed he was pressurized to give that statement agaisnt Salman.

when the Jodhpur court heard that..they then and there sentenced Salman because they dont want another statement from the driver who has been all over the place admitting he was forced to say that about Salman

1 eyewitness that too a eyewitness who can be bought off easily..is no proof to send 1 guy to jail for 5 years....theres no proof on who did what..who did more..

Pradarshak thumbnail

Originally posted by: sana.abraham

the Driver went to the police and confesed he was pressurized to give that statement agaisnt Salman.

when the Jodhpur court heard that..they then and there sentenced Salman because they dont want another statement from the driver who has been all over the place admitting he was forced to say that about Salman

1 eyewitness that too a eyewitness who can be bought off easily..is no proof to send 1 guy to jail for 5 years....theres no proof on who did what..who did more..

If that's the fact why Salman is'nt opening his mouth against others. Or may  be he is trying to prove his heroism by taking others offends in his shoulders.

Whether the driver was pressurized before or bribed now to change the statement, who knows?

sana.abraham thumbnail

Originally posted by: Pradarshak

If that's the fact why Salman is'nt opening his mouth against others. Or may  be he is trying to prove his heroism by taking others offends in his shoulders.

Whether the driver was pressurized before or bribed now to change the statement, who knows?

Salman wont open his mouth agaisnt others..because theres no proof..infact theres no proof agaisnt Salman either....

everything was based on 1 drivers statement..

in most cases...1 persons statement..that too knowing this person changed his statement soon after..would mean too little proof to convict someone for 5 years..but not in this case...how come?

its unlikely the driver would be pressurized after...why would anyone from Salmans side pressurize a driver AFTER he gave a statement?..if the news of that leaks out...Salman for sure would be at taunted and tarnished..nobody takes those steps at this point in time...it makes more sense to bribe someone before they have to give a statement about you..and also..Salman's lawyers knew that the court wouldnt listen to the 2nd statement by the driver from a very long time..so why would they make him give a 2nd statement?...the courts been pulling stunts on this case ever since it began...such as not taking into account a lot of other facts which are key elements..as in another statement by another man..who dissapeared after his testifying agaisnt Salman...and never reported to court for cross examination or anything else..even after having recieved notice after notice...these things say a lot....anyway ive been advised not to say too much info on this specially over the net....so i wont...but all i know is that...the law surely dissapointed in this case....its not a fair case..when looked at legally that is..leave all the emotions and stuff out..legally its not a fair deal....and most definately...justice wasn't served...only arrogancy/contradiction and aggresion was....but Salman will appeal and inshallah he'll get a fair treatment...because this is just pathetic..but what more can you expected out of the Jodhpur court anyway..after all the injustice they've been doing for the past month..and then proving their own stupidity by putting out obvious personal attack statements....this is what happens when too much power is given to a system that cant put it to proper use.

Edited by sana.abraham - 18 years ago