Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 12 years ago
i hpe madhuri returns with Sooraj-Salman's nxt venture 2geva...HAHK days back agen!
MadhuriDixit thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
she hasn't signed ishqiya yet but hopefully she will. the shooting has been postponed to mid 2012 so she still has time to decide. hope she does jdj, we get to see the real side of her and see her dancing as well occasionally. also were reports that madhur bhandarkar wants her in fashion 2 but haven't heard anything after about that. and there are two female leads in dedh ishqiya. kangana is one and i think vishal bhardwaj is trying his best to get madhuri on board. i thnk she wiil do it.

No good offers for Madhuri Dixit

The writer has posted comments on this articleTushar JoshiTushar Joshi, TNN | Dec 21, 2011, 12.00AM IST
Email this article
Mallika Sherawat|Madhuri Dixit|Katrina Kaif|Kareena Kapoor|Bollywood|Bipasha Basu
AND
DISCUSS
Madhuri Dixit

New Year's eve performances at big parties are huge opportunities for actresses to make mega bucks.

Especially for those who aren't great dancers. Every year, the likes of Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif and Bipasha Basu are offered obscene amounts of money - amounting to a few lakhs a minute - to perform at five star hotel bashes.

It seems Madhuri Dixit, who recently shifted base back to Mumbai, wanted to explore this opportunity too. It is learnt that her manager met up with a few organisers and even sent out feelers to a leading event management company about the same. However, Mads' enthusiasm to dance on a medley of her hits wasn't received well, as these performances are not about old Bollywood numbers or the Saroj Khan school of dance, but more about sex appeal. A source reveals, "It was an awkward situation for the organisers. They didn't want to upset her so they simply said that the money wasn't working out."

An insider admits, "Madhuri is keen to perform at an exclusive event for New Year's eve. She had the whole performance planned out and was willing to negotiate on the moolah, but the response she received wasn't enthusiastic. The offers she did get though weren't exciting enough, so she rejected them."

This year, none of the A-list actresses are performing, with Mallika Sherawat being the only relatively famous one to cut a deal of Rs 4 lakh per minute for a 30-minute concert (upwards of Rs 1 crore in total).

When contacted, Madhuri's manager Rikku Rakesh Nath denies her interest in such a show. He says, "It's not true. She is going on vacation with her family. She did get some offers to perform for Rs 2.5-3 crore, but she turned them down."

Chippeshwini thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
whaaat I thought she DID sign it O_O

I remember reading somewhere that DI will have two actresses in it, and Vidya Balan is not one of them

Originally posted by: bamboocopter

😆

Ero, you're sounding like Sal..ala!  

I learn from the best Mogli!  😛😆
TheRager thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Another article:

Madhuri Dixit is not afraid of agening

Madhuri Dixit talks about her family, movies and beauty secrets...

You've been known as the epitome of Indian beauty. How do you maintain yourself?
(Laughs)...It is very important to eat healthy, exercise and say no to bad habits. Apart from this, it is crucial to look after your skin as well.

How does Olay Regenerist help in protecting the skin?
Though there are many ways to protect your skin naturally, pollutants affect your skin and makes it look dull and dry and as time goes by the signs of ageing starts showing and that is where Olay Regenerist steps in.

Do you fear ageing?
Ageing is a natural process and happens to everyone at one point of time. Thus, there is nothing to be afraid of it.

Dance and Madhuri Dixit are synonymous. Does dance play a vital part in your life to boost your beauty?
Dance is a vital part of my life. There's a different kind of happiness I get from dancing. It's more spiritual for me and so whenever I dance it gives me a good work-out apart from feeling good about myself. I enjoy dance and that gives an instant glow on my face.

How's the shift back to India been so far?
We are busy settling down, getting the kids to school. I am spending more time with my family, my parents are with me.

What's a normal weekend for you?
I try and spend more time with my family, my kids and my husband.

Have your kids watched any of your movies?
Yes! My kids have watched Aaja Nachle, Hum Aapke Hain Kaun, and Dil toh pagal hai. They have a lot of fun and they are like, "Mom, is that you? Are you really that famous?" and "Why do they call you Madhuri Dixit? Arn't you Nene?"!! They're curious to know who their mom is...

So, which is the last movie that you've watched?
I haven't watched quite a lot of movies in a while. The last movie must have been Band Baaja Baraat.

What would you say is the toughest aspect of motherhood? Has it changed you as a person?
You want your kids to grow up in a right way and how do you instil those values in your children is the toughest one. As a mother I have faced situations that I had never gone through before...You learn to be calm, matured, and handle situations as they come. Basically you remain the same person. It's just that you look at situations in a different way than I would ten years back!
Lord_Voldemort thumbnail
Visit Streak 1000 0 Thumbnail Visit Streak 750 0 Thumbnail + 9

Originally posted by: morsal_cute

No good offers for Madhuri Dixit

The writer has posted comments on this articleTushar JoshiTushar Joshi, TNN | Dec 21, 2011, 12.00AM IST

New Year's eve performances at big parties are huge opportunities for actresses to make mega bucks.

Especially for those who aren't great dancers. Every year, the likes of Kareena Kapoor, Katrina Kaif and Bipasha Basu are offered obscene amounts of money - amounting to a few lakhs a minute - to perform at five star hotel bashes.

It seems Madhuri Dixit, who recently shifted base back to Mumbai, wanted to explore this opportunity too. It is learnt that her manager met up with a few organisers and even sent out feelers to a leading event management company about the same. However, Mads' enthusiasm to dance on a medley of her hits wasn't received well, as these performances are not about old Bollywood numbers or the Saroj Khan school of dance, but more about sex appeal. A source reveals, "It was an awkward situation for the organisers. They didn't want to upset her so they simply said that the money wasn't working out."

😲😲😲

If this is true, what a stepdown for Mads! From endorsing those B-grade dishwashing bars to dancing at bars!
Edited by VanityGirl - 12 years ago
what did Madhuri dine to herself...she appears on LIFE OK promos and hell she looks so old...her face gives away her story...no actress in her age would look like that or atleast use some botox stuff...if she think she can COMEBACK..as lead she should forget it...
If Madhuri does not want to make a movie comeback, it is her choice!  I am happy to know that if t.v. makes her happy, then so be it.  Doing a t.v. show is better than nothing.  At least we will get to see her every week again!!!  😃

Originally posted by: goneforever

If Madhuri does not want to make a movie comeback, it is her choice!  I am happy to know that if t.v. makes her happy, then so be it.  Doing a t.v. show is better than nothing.  At least we will get to see her every week again!!!  😃

oh yes she wants to...or why has she shifted to mumbai anyhow...right now she is the brand ambassador on life ok new tv channel just working for the promos, she is not acting in a show just waiting for a movie to call her in a lead...lets see how she gets successful or not