Jodee Kamaal Ki

About the Show

Miss.Supriya thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 18 years ago

STAR Plus presents the new celebrity show - Idea Presents Jodee Kamaal Ki, an extravaganza of stars and celebrities; as they come forward on television in a special role!

STAR Plus viewers will have its way to cheer and grab another visual fiesta. As the channel gears up to bring to the tellly tubes of Indian households, a unique celebrity game show- Idea Presents Jodee Kamaal Ki.

Based on the universal theme of love, companionship and understanding, Idea Presents Jodee Kamaal Ki, will be a distinctive show. Designed and produced by Dheeraj Kumar's Creative Eye Ltd, Idea Presents Jodee Kamaal Ki aims to test and inspire the strength of relationships, which are mostly taken for granted in our day-to-day lives. The show will probe into the compatibility levels of couples, while giving a platform to these celebrity pairs to come forward and participate as teams and re-live their moments of truth, joy, despair, agreement or even disagreement.

The three participating celebrity couples, on the show will be invited from various walks of life, be it sports, politics, music, films or television, as they will unabashedly come forward to contend in a spirit of competitiveness, the show will be a platform for them to unleash a different aspect of their personalities, which perhaps even remains hidden from their own loved ones, as they also get a measure of their understanding levels with their own real life partners in their real life roles of husband, wife, daughter, brother or parents.

Contesting hard against each other in the spirit of competitiveness, the show will bring upon these celebs, a level of empathy and understanding towards each other, which they are sure to cherish as a great experience for a long time.

Anchoring and leading her way up - to viewers' hearts will be another star attraction to the show - Rakshanda Khan, the immaculate and most befitting host. She will help the celeb pairs to orchestrate their tasks with each other. Rakshanda is sure to be the show stealer for Idea Presents Jodee Kamaal Ki.

The five interesting rounds designed to use different skill sets of each partner to test how well they compliment each other are sure to leave viewers excited and entertained in more ways than one.

The five rounds are:

Pyaar Ka Imtihaan - A warm up round, this will test how well the partners know and to what extent do they agree with each other. Simple questions about their lives will be asked, which will often lead to some fun revelations about the teams.

Kaam Ke Na Kaaj Ke - This round will test how well the teams can step into each others' shoes. For instance, the husbands might have to style a model's hair, make chapatis, apply make up to a model etc., while the wives have to tie neckties, make models wear pagdis and other such interesting things.

Bolo To Jaane - This round will test the understanding between the couples and how well a celebrity couple communicates.

Bol-Boli Bol - This will be a game of trust where one partner will be asked to bet the amount of their choice from the points that they have earned on a task to be completed by their respective spouse / partner.

An option to this round is:

Jaane Kya Tune Kahi - The round will be based on how well one partner knows another, which is tested by using candid footage of one partner and making the other one predict his/her partner's next move.

Hum Saath Saath Hain - This round will be based on teamwork, where the two partners together will be given a task to complete.

So stay tuned to STAR Plus, as it brings home your favourite celebs!

Courtesy to --- indya.com

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Miss.Supriya thumbnail

KBC to couple coup

She is a very unlikely Super Sub but Rakshanda Khan has been picked by STAR to draw the TRPs and audiences Amitabh Bachchan used to command on Saturday nights with Kaun Banega Crorepati. Come March 4, 9 pm, and Rakshanda will welcome viewers to another celebrity game show — after Nach Baliye — called Jodee Kamaal Ki.

"I think one shouldn't even dream of trying to match up to Mr Bachchan," Rakshanda tells Metro. "I am just going to be myself and hope people love the new format and watch the show. If I try and be someone else, it's only going to get tougher."

Based on love, companionship and understanding, Jodee Kamaal Ki aims to test and inspire the strength of celebrity relationships. Unlike Nach Baliye, which only featured television couples, Jodee will have three celebrity couples coming on every episode from various walks of life including sports, politics, music and films.

"My role in the show is to help the couples connect and also ignite the spirit of competitiveness," Rakshanda says. "I had originally started out as a game show host and then I went on to do event hosting and acting. It feels great to be hosting a game show again."

The five interesting rounds designed to use different skill sets of each partner to test how well they complement each other are well thought out. Pyaar Ka Imtihaan is a warm-up round testing how well the partners know each other and to what extent they agree on something. Kaam Ke Na Kaaj Ke will test how well the team members can step into each other's shoes, with husbands having to make chapaatis and wives having to tie neckties. Bolo To Jaane checks how well a celebrity couple communicates while Bol Boli Bol will be a round of trust. Finally, Hum Saath Saath Hain will test the teamwork, where the two partners will be given a task to complete together.

"We have already shot for a couple of episodes and it is very intriguing to find reactions from couples on many unknown issues," reveals Rakshanda.

The glamorous hostess is happy that her stint as an actress met with such a great response. "Both my characters, Tanya in Kyunkii Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi and Mallika in Jassi Jaissi Koi Nahin, have been able to stand out on their own," smiles Rakshanda. "Even if the popularity of the serials have gone down, my characters continue to be as popular."

Right now, though, it's all about cosying up with couples for Rakshanda, who is also hosting another show — Indian Idol Takatak — for STAR's rival channel Sony network's SAB. "There I play the role of a friend and confidante to the finalists and they come and share everything with me. Here, on Jodee Kamaal Ki, I have to make the couples fight, yet connect with each other."

Courtesy to -- telegraphindia.com
Miss.Supriya thumbnail

Rakshanda Khan: Prime time hostess

'I want to marry Irfan Pathan!'
Sudipto Chattopadhyay
Monday, February 06, 2006  19:05 IST

Her show 'Jodee Kamaal Ki' will air as a replacement for 'KBC'. Actor Rakshanda Khan steps into the big league of hosts

She is currently hosting 'Takatak'. Soon Rakshanda Khan will also be hosting 'Jodee Kamaal Ki', which will  replace  Amitabh Bachchan's 'Kaun Banega Crorepati'. That she will be simultaneously hosting two shows at prime time is a prestigious career push-up for Khan who till recently played the 'mean queen' on television.

Her departure from 'Jassi …' even before the show ended was termed by many as 'nasty and hasty'. But the kohl-eyed Khan skirts controversies. She says, "It was a logical ending to the character. The channel wanted it that way." But with a tinge of regret, she adds, "We could have taken it to a higher crescendo. I would have relished it if Mallika became loonier." 

How much is she like Mallika? Khan says, "I am a bit like her though I would not chase my beloved's girlfriend with a knife. I can get terribly possessive. But I'd rather retain my dignity and let the man go if he is besotted by another woman."

Rakshanda feels that she has been lucky to portray both negative and positive characters. In 'Kyunki…' she plays the bahu Taniya. Though she is not comfortable with this stereotype, she admits, "It works for the masses and TV is ruled by TRPs not personal choices." She adds in jest, "My friends say that by no stretch of imagination do I look like a battered bahu."

And who would she wish to have as her partner in the next season of 'Nach Baliye'? Rakshanda unabashedly proclaims, "Irfan Pathan!  That is if he decides to marry me or even be my boyfriend. I seriously want to marry him!" As a partings shot she adds, "I wish 'Jodee Kamal Ki' makes me eligible for marriage. It would be wonderful to have someone special in my life!"

Edited by woow - 18 years ago
Miss.Supriya thumbnail
Jodi Kamaal Ki (Star Plus): The first to hit the marquee is Jodi Kamaal ki which will be officially replacing the big one, KBC 2. Produced by Creative Eye and tipped to be on the lines of Nach Baliye, it is to be aired every Saturday and Sunday from March 4th, 2006. The show, to be hosted by Rakshanda Khan is a celebrity game show featuring couples, husband wife, siblings, lovers finding out their respective compatibility. Sounds interesting!
Miss.Supriya thumbnail

She's sensuous and poised. And she loves repartees. But like many other actors, she is in awe of the Big B of the Bollywood. Rakshanda Khan, in a freewheeling chat with Minna Zutshi, talks about the razzmatazz of the showbiz

You would be hosting a game show "Jodee Kamaal Ki" that is replacing KBC 2. How do you feel about it? I am nervous to the marrow of my bones. Mr Amitabh Bachchan is the 'ultimate' when it comes to acting and anchoring. Since the game show would be aired on Star Television from March 9, I am keeping my fingers crossed. It all depends on how the audience reacts to the show. Doesn't this talk of "replacing" KBC 2 sound rather daunting? There's no question of 'replacing' Mr Bachchan. Of course, I am extremely honoured to do this game show that has the same time slot as KBC 2. I just pray that everything falls into place and I live up to the expectations of the audience. How important is spontaneity in a game show? It's impossible to have a completely scripted game show. I feel that 90 per cent of the show is unpredictable. It has its own flow that cannot be decided in advance. It's like a relationship that would be stifled if too much of 'planning' is put into it. You have to go along with its flow, and yet not be thrown off your balance. You have acted in Ekta Kapoor's serials also. How is it being in the Kapoor camp? Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi…is one of the most popular serials still on air. It's the "mother" of all daily soaps. It's nice to be part of such a serial. But I am not ready to buy all this talk about being in the Kapoor camp. Don't you think most of the soaps drag on for too long? Well, at times the soaps do seem to chug along a tad too long. To break the monotony, new tracks and 'generation jumps' are introduced and they do rejuvenate the story. Sometimes, characters in the serials are bumped off unceremoniously. Your comment. A systematic planning goes into the making of a serial. You can't fiddle with the storyline unless you want to give some spin to it. It's not that the producer all of a sudden develops some kind of aversion to the face of an actor and decides that he should go. In case of Ekta Kapoor, I would say that she is clued up on the small screen business and she has valid reasons for whatever she does. And it shows in the popularity of her serials. What about the regressive portrayal of women? The women shown in most of the soaps are not weak-willed, fragile creatures. They have a mind of their own. I agree, it may not always be a realistic portrayal. But how feasible is a portrayal that is true to life? Moreover, these liberties are permissible in a dramatised version. Are soaps physically draining for actors? Yes. That's absolutely true. Especially if you are a lead actor in a serial that is on air five days a week, you have to invest a good deal of time and energy into your role. What keeps you ticking? The energy of the people around me. I live off their vivacity and dynamism! Your take on: The most interesting movie: I have lost the count. Black, Chandni Bar were riveting movies. The most versatile actor: Rani Mukherjee, Kajol, Tabu. But Mr Bachchan is matchless. He's hot even at 65..

The most engrossing serial: I hardly get time to watch tele-serials.