Posted: 12 years ago
i dont know why everyone in the forum feels that no chandar means no show.. i really like the way the track is turning up right now. people make mistake and they realise them. jay is one such person. the gas leakage has taught him all the lessons and he has realised his mistakes, he is trying to correct them too

as for alka, i know she loved chandar, married him but with his death she sure has long life ahead. she had spent time in his grief, but now with time she has made it as her strength. if she gets someone understanding, loving and caring in form of jay as her life partner who is ready to accept her with all her pros and cons why not?
the synoposis of the show is on Alka becoming a politician and how her life changes...from what she thought...her manzil..but this is defintely not the way things are going...i mean if they had to settle alka with jaywardhan then why they gave chandar so much importance...also alka should be showing living an independent life dealing with political issues...on which this show was based...BUT NOW IT IS JUST ALKA-JAYWARDHAN love story...after chander's death the story should have been a bit faster but this is not the way we have expected.
I hardly comment on this forum, but finally someone put what i thought was apt, honestly speaking I am glad they went along with Chander's death, such a gamble, it was the crux of how it transforms Alka who till then was all about herself, she fought elections for her father,  she on her on was all about Chander. Chander for me was a 1 dimensional character, too idealistic and marrying Alka in a jiffy without parent's approval was such an out of characteraction.
Since his death, Alka has evolved, atleast now she is working towards her manzil,her stance on corrupt builders, hospital setup etc show her maturing into a fine politician, i understand with the channel wrapping up the budget constraints are there but the serial has actually moved away from luv angles, thankfully that awful gauri and abhishek track has ended, it was so non-sensical,.
jai has been both practical and a good frn, he is not imposing her letting her decide her own vision and is just being there for her.She has become an independent woman who has a purpose and a job to do, what's wrong if she leans on a shoulder and looks for a happy companionship.
Yes Jai has alwayz been grey, his factory mishap was the worse dip, but for me atleast it was not entirely his fault, Alka being the MlA, her dad, Aarti and to some extent Chander himself was responsible.If today such incidents occus the 1st suspect is the minister who allowed the project(Alka,AArti), Jai and y Chander because, he was in such a good position , his gf Alka was the presiding MLA, he rather than getting all jealous about JAi should have guided her to oppose it fervently, he had all the clout in the whole area, he was part of a political party , y didnt he contested elections from some other place and actually led from front.
See chander was vital , hence the importance, because of the impact it will generate on Alka, he changed her perception about love, it is truely being his death which drove her to the depths of misery and now the heights of empowerment.
Yes, the story has been a bit slow, but again it smore a budget constraint and the time frame which is the main problem,till now i havnt seen any unrealistic romantic scenes, atleast no balant eye-locks and where Alka turns nto a JAi's shadow.Hence , i am not that upset with the serial, though i agree the serial should have killed chander way early , so that it could have set up more tym for Alka's political conflicts, mayb even with her dad, But then again they hav to appease the fans.

@AnimatedGeet
Yes the format of the show was how alka realizes her potential, realizes what she can achieve rather than living for herself. And i think it was chandar's death that got it out of her. i dont think show moved away from that format at all.

@charminggenie
You are right. you have exactly said things that were on my mind.. You know the way they dealt with chandar's death - alka's giving up everything and loosing herself in chandar and then the mishap with factory which brought her back and she decided to follow chandar's ideal in her own way. i liked that part a lot. And as with Jay: yes looking at jay it is clear that factory incident shook him too.. He changed with all that. The feeling of being responsible for so many deaths, sure wakes you up. He is changed man. It was same incidence that brought alka nearer to jay.. She has seeked his opinions, support so many times when taking some big decisions related to hospital, education center. And the way he gave her advice, support and himmat when she needed it shows how he has grown too.. It isnt like if alka accepts him she is going back to her own world.. jay was the one who always recognized her potential.. earlier his ways were bad but now he has grown and is supporting her in right way. Second chance thats what i see in both these characters.
@Anotheranfan,
 Absolutely, you sumed it nicely, the irony remains people frown over Chander's death, want him back yet they say that serial has moved away from the format or synopsis.
Chander was alwayz meant to die, his death was the trigger point , his presence was prolonged, infact for me that was the serial's low point, so much time wasted, now alKa seem such a different and for a change a normal person on screen, she is mature, responsible and has a new sense of understanding, frankly, I appreciate the fact the serial has not become a typical love story, with the leads loving, fighting, plotting and coming back from dead.
jai has never been an out and out negative character, he never plotted lyk other tv villians or vied for Alka's attention when Chander was there, yet he was alwayz confident about her abilities, the factory incident has brought him closer to reality , he has understood that there r things more important than business and frankly his support towards Alka's career is more meaningful than Chander's, I still cannot understand the reason y Chander didnt join alka after elections, he as free of AArti's obligation had a chance to actually make a difference and help Alka.
Edited by charminggenie - 12 years ago
@ Another fan and Charminggenie,

Thank God finally some common sense prevails on this forum.Since I  stopped racking my brains on what they showed in the previous episodes and trying to make sense out of it, I have realised that I have once again started enjoying the current track. If the CVs want Alka-Jai together , so be it. I think they just want the story to have a definite end and from the looks of things I think they will wrap it very quickly.So everybody else stop living in the past and enjoy the show till it lasts.I am still convinced that it is still a better show than all the crap they show elsewhere.
nice posts, i was watching these show for chander, but realised that it wasn't love story, it's life story of alka and all ralph,chander,jay ,indu-ramesh,politics,factory blast,abhishek's being guity for mudering chander,these are like"milestone"and these every "padav" has taught her something, she learnt to deal with every situation and person,phir woh chahe paraya ho ya apna. it's a beautiful story of womanhood her love, honesty hardship and courage.it's not searching manzil but your identity.
@anotheranfan @charminggenie  
I so agree with u guys... Life is not about sit back morn but is to move on...Alka is taking her responsibility , So y cant see have a good life partner who can help her any time she wants & who has no problem with her work, doesnt interfere & allows her to be wat she is, let her do wat she wants...
I agree Chander was too idealistic person & very emotional, but he wanted alka to be happy & if that happiness comes from Jay than y not?

@fragrance Ditto...this story is about alka n her womanhood, her difficulty n how she overcomes, unfortunately due to restricted budget & awful screenplay it cudnt be portraited very well in my opinion..
Edited by veil_of_roses - 12 years ago
@All ... this story was about a girl who finds her destiny .. with or without her own choice..!!  Circumstances wuld play their role in determining where she went..n what she chose...!!

I wuld not have minded the Jay-Alka track right at its start...i.e. when Alka returned from US...with Ralph!! But here we were MADE TO BELIEVE that.. Chander was the love of her life... the one who actually brought in transformation in her...  realisation in her.. that her destiny lay elsewhere!!

Is it so easy to FORGET such a love???? Alkas disdain.. n disenchantment after Chanders death was understandable..! She slowly started to accept the situation n walk ahead on the touf path of life.. with his love in her heart ...n his memories in her mind!! I have seen people.. LIVE A LIFETIME after a loved one has gone... (n that too young in life..) ...that doesnt mean ppl dun remarry or move ahead... nor it is  that.. we expect Alka to be in mourning.. .but to act as if Life was lost before n is found thanks to Jay.. is an absolute EYESORE ...!! She punished Abhishek.. n he is back ... what is this.. a TOKEN?? that oh i loved Chander so i did my bit.. stayed in mourning ..punished my brother n now .. lifes calling i should just shove it all aside n MOVE AHEAD???

I have zero respect for her character now...!! The show had so much promise..n its sad to see what it is...albeit i will still watch.. NT n his moves.. r something that still manage to hold my attention! 
@tanu
well I agree screenplay has been bad...& about abhi well have u ever seen on starone any criminal punished? yes I want abhishek to be punished same for NT he shud be punished too...
about Jay well Alka stood up for herself with memories of chander, Jay is a good friend & if he becomes life partner, no harm in my opinion...
Yes it cud have been shown better way bt restricted budget & poor screenplay is main culprit...