Posted: 12 years ago
So, I'm watching the grand finale live on Zee (Apparently they are showing it in the morning in the US). What I just noticed is that our Maha Guru Alkaji is missing. This is very shocking!

Okay, she missed the last couple of episodes probably for some professional reasons. But, really, she is not present at the grand finale.

Not sure if she will show up later in the show. But if she doesn't, it is really a BLATANT error on Zee's part.
I thought it was very odd when she did not turn up in the last 2 episodes coz she promised few weeks ago that she would never miss any more episodes.

There may have been a fallout with someone maybe coz I think it is very unprofessional for her not to turn up at the finals...
Ya iv noticed tht too and im in usa and its in the morning because its live and when its night there it morning here soo thts why 😊
Alka Yagnik Tweets About The Scene 

Hey friends, jus to let u kno, ws precomitted elsewhr for 1st Oct, and Zee cudnt change d date! V sad at being unable to attend :((

Originally posted by qaisarimtiaz

Alka Yagnik Tweets About The Scene 

Hey friends, jus to let u kno, ws precomitted elsewhr for 1st Oct, and Zee cudnt change d date! V sad at being unable to attend :((

What a lame excuse? I'm pretty sure that there was some kinda fallout between Alkaji and the Channel. Alkaji would have known the finale date when she signed the contract. After all, they have things figured out in advance such as how many qualifying rounds, hoe many contestants in the finale etc.

And, as far as I remember, I don't think there was any schedule changes in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa schedule. I mean they didn't unnecessarily extend it, so it shouldn't have affected mahaguru's plan.

The fact that she was missing 3 weeks in a row definitely raise suspicions.

I seriously felt that she was under-utilized in the capacity of a mahaguru. We are talking about Alka Yagnik here who has decades of experience. Zee really messed it up.

How many things will Zee keep messing up? They need to get their act together for their soaps and other shows.
Originally posted by Mohini19

What a lame excuse? I'm pretty sure that there was some kinda fallout between Alkaji and the Channel. Alkaji would have known the finale date when she signed the contract. After all, they have things figured out in advance such as how many qualifying rounds, hoe many contestants in the finale etc.

And, as far as I remember, I don't think there was any schedule changes in Sa Re Ga Ma Pa schedule. I mean they didn't unnecessarily extend it, so it shouldn't have affected mahaguru's plan.

The fact that she was missing 3 weeks in a row definitely raise suspicions.

I seriously felt that she was under-utilized in the capacity of a mahaguru. We are talking about Alka Yagnik here who has decades of experience. Zee really messed it up.

How many things will Zee keep messing up? They need to get their act together for their soaps and other shows.

How do you think she was under-utilized? They gave her all of the power that they could. She was the one who chose which contestants stayed in the competition and which left initially and she had veto power, which a sign of a LOT of power. She brought Nitin back into the competition near the end.. A big decision which changed the faces of the finale. Also, I'm sure she didn't have the time to actually sit and mentor the kids so she knew what she was signing on to. 

Please don't take what I'm saying as a contentious statement. I'm just saying what I feel ðŸ˜Š
Alka's Concerts were probably booked well in advance even before the show started as venues need to be booked well ahead of a concert. Zee must have know about these commitment before they had her on the show. 

Actually for the UK concerts it was Zee that was promoting the concerts, blunder is on there part.
Edited by angelic8219 - 12 years ago
 She is performing in a concert in London.
Her concerts must have been booked in advance. That is understandable. But what I found peculiar was that there was no mention of her during the finale, and no message from her for the success of the show. That stood out for me because that is generally the norm, even though I am not making any assumptions about the reason for her absence. 
She might be sad with the decision or may be willing to get rid of final debate.