Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DMGFan-2b-not2b thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: sonali.19281

FINALE ANAlYSIS- Mukti: a journey of salvation... 

Let me start upfront with a denouement... this goes to the TEAM OF MUKTI BANDHAN

a STANDING OVATION..๐Ÿ‘

Ok after the intial shock let me start off.. I read the intense reaction from most of our forum friends.. and was literally heartbroken... Amidst wrapping up my day.. I was upset, angry, even defiant.. I thought of writing my own version for IMV- the man we love.. (I still might do that tomorrow).. I dilly-dallied but finally caved in.. heck I could not get myself to not watch MB.. ๐Ÿ˜† so I started with very low expectations.. prepared to hate the end.. thinking thats the best way of detaching myself.. from this unhealthy fascination I developed for this show.. but little did I know that I am more hopeless than I had imagined.. 

the 45 min long epi started with a bang.. D confronting BB.. reprimanding him for the lies he had told her.. but in rather characteristic MB manner the story-teller gave BB his due.. Mihir Bhuta continued his supremacy.. as the lines filtered out.. human beings can only stand outside and lament on the futility of their understanding that went behind a decision.. not chase his decision...Bha's poignant pain filtered when he uttered..  I am saddened by my lack of foresight to see a IMV emanating in Ishwarya or a Dalichand Shah in his esteemed family.. While D incessantly asked him where her mother was.. as she needed her.. as there had to be a tie due to which parimita left... only to be cajoled by her grandfather.. to look ahead.. and she showed her defiance then.. by telling him she is.. by divorcing the man.. by deciding to not live a Charulata's life.. my heart choked at the reflection of the little girl in D.. who wanted to shed a few tears after her crusade by her mother's lap.. coz no other shelter is ever that peaceful.. that secure.. she did not know where she was headed.. but only hoped for one night by her mother's arms.. Inspite of the excessive behavior on her part Ds pain did move me.. it was very believable..

I sat thinking maybe this was the best part and the worse is to arrive next.. and it sorta did.. but was a mixed bag.. Jimmy was given fab lines for his closure.. even a cameo character like his was treated fairly.. in his convictions.. of not taking advantage of a rich girl's feelings.. and his ego trying to match IMVs when HE REJECTED IMV's daughter's proposal... what he told nirali.. I wish someone had told VV.. anyone.. tht whether your dad may look out for u or not.. its your duty to respect your dad's sentiments.. On one hand I was definitely happy to see an actor like Rahil been given his due.. but was saddened by the foreshadowing of IMV.. but that wasnt the last of that.. but neverthless I had a brief smile in IMVs proclamation of the jokers as emotional fools๐Ÿ˜†

And finally I found a reason to be pissed.. VS and their chuski prem.. ๐Ÿคฃ VV still sucking on that stupid candy.. but sadly enough I couldnt even be pissed... It was rather blah.. the only other bit that lacked any conviction..๐Ÿ˜† My interest temporarily regained as D joined the miserable lovers and S exposed Ds feelings for VV, D held her dignity.. in gifting the miserable lovers their low existence and the burden.. the shame that I saw in Sabina's eyes till the very end.. VV less said the better.. one person who was randomly butchered was this character.. I dont even recognize him now.. apart from IMV-CP and D-CP if there is one more reason I would write an alternate story it would be to resurrect the VV we loved.. anyhow moving on.. came the MOST HEADDESK moment.. when the stupid Virani family stood with thaalis etc to welcome Sabina๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ this was maybe the most eye rolling cringe worthy moment when I screamed out ARE YOU GUYS FOR REAL..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ when finally our dark lord commanded his right.. asking VV not to overstep his boundary by entering his domain with that woman.. while VV shameless looks at D for silent support and meekly threatens him.. only to be overturned by IMVs threat.. an eye for a retina.. beat that.. if you care so much for your love for a girl it has be at the expense of your father.. a threat he lived with himself.. and grew with.. 

And then came the highlight scene.. yes.. what most people hated.. I simply LOVED.. for the screenplay, the cinematography.. the DIALOGUES and most FOR THE ACTING.. Shiv sir commanded the scene from the very beginning.. holding a pistol in hand.. a smirk on his face as D approached.. a pain in his voice.. as he repeated something he had before.. only this time he said it with this hopeless dejection at Ds foolishness.. his exp bang on as he said.. you lost the right D to help this family.. by your own stupidity.. My heart melted for IMV there.. the pain in his demeanor.. somewhere he looked tired.. for finally seeing that it may just be difficult to stop that girl he always wanted by his side.. D walked in with her defiance and I wasnt going to give her the credit of crowding my sensibility till she spoke about IMV-CP.. her acknowledgement of their love.. in a manner no one ever did.. the aghast face in IMV.. that moment was EPIC.. he stood bare there.. in front of a girl he had wanted to possess as CPs shadow.. He finally saw a respite as she spoke about her mother and him.. giving dignity.. worth.. respect to their love.. seeing the Ishwarya in him.. in someways.. 

at some point here.. it was hard for me to see the conviction.. I kept questioning myself.. what did D say that CP didn't.. why did IMV not listen to Parimita.. but the storytelling had this essence.. as Ishwarya debated his convictions with iMV.. I was moved by the presentation there.. the characteristic MB screenplay with classy fbs running back and forth.. I knew at that point.. that although I couldnt relate to the way IMV was being treated.. even by Ishwarya.. coz my biggest grouse remains.. IMV-Ishwarya CAN CO-EXIST.. one doesnt need to relinquesh the other.. but for simplicity sake.. and the work of art in that scene.. sorta did make me suspend disbelief.. yes I agree.. IMV had imprisoned Ishwarya.. and Ishwarya had a right to ask for that freedom.. I was left sighing.. how amazing this screenplay would have been had it been given more time.. then IMV would have been given more space.. not been shown as a unidimensional eye sore.. both us and the makers helplessly had to forego IMV.. the man who inspired a lot of us.. but I'll get to that in a separate post.. so while Ishwarya debated.. questioned.. IMV listened.. hrd.. retrospected.. coz well the big jolt he did get from Ds acknowledgement of her mother's and his love..somewhere this man was tired.. IMV was tired.. of fighting.. incessantly away from his family.. with the world.. with himself.. and the SUBLIME TRAGEDY on IMVs face.. a SMIRK as he lifted the gun to his head.. as a teasing option.. as the screen blacked out.. SIGH.. one of the BEST MOMENTS of MB.. what an execution.. ๐Ÿ‘ Shiv Sir I bow to thee.. your silence.. your eyes.. spoke beyond words.. In fact I wld have been more happy to see it END RIGHT HERE.. an OPEN ENDED closure.. does IMV die.. does he live.. I would have seriously loved to see the credits roll right here..

but well.. the makers wanted to leave us with a more positive end.. but this part did not go down well with me at all.. The mukti of Ishwar.. came at the cost of IMV.. altho the storytelling was compelling I just couldnt get myself to digest it.. I couldnt see IMV put a gajra on charu.. imitating his dad.. that was blasphemy.. I had to keep reminding this isn't IMV.. this is Ishwar. .and tg he changed his attire into the white shirt with pajamas.. that defo made it easy.. to my eyes and sensibility..  I had to acknowledge that IMV died a death in that very room.. away from the family.. in his isolation.. coz NO ONE EVER UNDERSTOOD HIM.. so he died alone.. wrapping CPs memories.. as his wreath.. Ishwarya who proclaimed he wld give up his fight and retire to Mangrol.. couldn't touch me.. as much as IMV had.. 

the redeeming factor came in the last scene.. as D finally took her path in life.. thereafter.. I couldnt help the sadistic pleasure at seeing the burden and shame in Sabina's eyes.. feeling small in front of Ds mahanta๐Ÿคฃ (Mahanta meter in favor of D).. the obscurity in VDs relationship was attractive at the end.. the romanticism that IMV lived with.. was now Ds legacy.. as she shook his hands as a future competitor.. sigh.. I felt for her there.. so in the bargain of giving Ishwarya his mukti..she carried this burden with her.. 

Ishwarya proclaiming D as his guru much to the approval of Baa and Master was of course the victory of idealism over realism.. but my heart ached that realism was shunned.. I will dwell more on that in my grouse post.. but as I came to the end with this mixed bag of feelings.. the makers.. just about saved the best for last.. that closing scene.. of D and IMV (and I say IMV here CONSCIOUSLY.. ) as it was IMV not Ishwarya.. IMV tossing the coin that was his blessing from his mother.. and giving it to his shishya.. to his loved one.. to the daughter of his CP.. to HIS DEVKI.. as D caught on to it.. a moment witnessed by the whole family.. but a moment which only IMV and D shared.. it was that personal.. as IMV brought curtains on to the show with All the best..

I sat there numb.. before a barrage of tears found its way out.. in that one moment.. I felt the makers did JUSTICE to MY WHOLE EXPERIENCE.. To All my EXPECTATIONS... they fought the system.. its gruesome ways.. to give us the essence of MB in its LAST SCENE.. MB was always about IMV-D.. and how D held the key to IMVs salvation.. and this scene was impeccably a symbolism of tht very theme.. albeit.. this time IMV gave something to D in return.. his emblem of his corporate ambitions.. I smiled amongst my tears.. hoping for a bright road ahead for D.. a MUKTI INDEED..but its the BANDHAN btw IMV-D that won me over.. and leaves me empty come tomorrow..

Finally I am immensely glad that this show finally found its Mukti from the tyranny of TRP race.. dominated by dim-witted audiences and capitalist corporates.. but at the same time bestowing a Bandhan with all the ppl who loved this show.. and will love it forever.. and I am proud to say much like the dark lord IMV.. I shall HOLD ON to the BANDHAN as its more fascinating than the MUKTI..

You know I have not been able to watch the serial the last one month due to travel etc but I had done a post ages ago talking about why we all like watching crap on telly... Muktibandhan finally calling curtains just reinforces that. Tight script, actaully a story, brilliant dialogues and fabulous characterisations - I gues it was too much to swallow for an audience brought up on a diet of saas-bahu operas!

But I must tell you, that I did, at least in the last week, follow it through your posts / analysis and you made it come alive for me!

And I am equally intrigued, what kind of HHs do TRPs come from? Clearly wilderness cos most people I know, meet or talk to seem to watch this serial.. or maybe thats its tragedy, its the audience that does not watch saas-bahu, kanjeevaram clad villians & non-existing storylines, that watches serials like Muktbandhan!
Saunee thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Sonali, I didnt watch last epi I planned it to watch in morning but sadly they didnt telecast it on its time..they shown UT in place of MB. I felt banging my head into wall after this then came to forum, read views..but after reading views i was not sad...

bt now after reading ur analysis I have to watch this... honestly your analysis of the end part made me cry...

as we all praised IMV and D for providing us an entertaining and learning journey with MB I would like to praise and thank you, Kool and Intruder for providing us great analysis and such thoughtful discussions๐Ÿ‘ ๐Ÿ‘which I never seen on any other forum..the difference we all know..why...๐Ÿ˜•

I don't know but I feel ending MB in this way leaves a hope for a sequential of the story where CVs can portray the journey of female version of IMV aka D. but chances are less as considering the trps of current story as it cannot be spiced up for masses..

as chances are less to get such story in future on tv i feel heart broken thinking i wont have such discussions in future...

HATTS OFF TO YOU ALL ๐Ÿ‘who have contributed a lot to this forum...wish we will have another such story in future..lets hope positive..

All the Best ! friends๐Ÿ˜Š

santok80 thumbnail
gr8 sonali; do write ur version of end & in that pls give some place to v.industries also which was basis of everyone's ahankar and which gave all liberty to do whatever they want
on lighter side, all got mukti; but v.industries got 3 jokers ๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† who in no way r capable to manage that behemoth virasat created by imv

khamosshhh thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
at the same time I blame MUNIRA.. coz I am mighty sure now.. she is one of the team or channel ppl..๐Ÿคฃ for reading the end so freaking well.. she had said will be a tame lame end with a convincingly weaved storytelling.. only if I took her more seriously before.. I wld have brain washed her to show ONLY IMV๐Ÿคฃ

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I just read dis Sonali...I'd read ur analysis, but had missed ur other post. Oh! so my secret is out in d final episode!ROFL

Actually even whn I am reading a book, most of d time I can figure out where it is heading nd wat d end is gonna be...But U know wat, if d makers wuld hv got more tym, den I think dey would hv got V killed nd made d redemption of IMV more realistic. It wouldn't hv come abt after d final encounter wid D, whn IMV finally sees d light. U urself said it, dat if D could finally show him d path nd he acknowledged D as his guru, den Y couldn't it hv been CP, as CP had more conviction 4 IMV den D. Especially towrads d end, whn IMV was totally loosing respect 4 D nd was finding her extremely stupid in her pursuit 2 unite V nd S. But again I guess coz of lack of tym dis was how d redemption was shown.
sonali.19281 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: trouble_maker

Yup. I didn't have ny expectations either.. after the bad reviews... maybe that's why, I didn't dislike it as much. The ending was defo bad but there were still likeable bits in the epi.

VS. These two disgust me. V, can this guy be more insensitive? He gets to know D loves him and all he has to say is "why didn't you tell you?" W*F. This is one complain I also have with the makers... how badly they've butchered this character. And S, I don't even understand this lady. Oh, he's divorced D... I can marry him now. And where are all her lovers now ... why aren't they celebrating the end they wanted... or do they even care about this show? It was their stupid bring S back, bring S back chant that ruined a good 2 month of this show ๐Ÿ˜ก And Jimmy, the emotional fool ๐Ÿ˜† Given the time constraint, I'm sure we could've done without this scene. No one cares about JN anywayz.

Oh but I had immense sadistic pleasure in seeing VS together.. S got a LOSER for LIFE๐Ÿ˜† she had tht shame and awkwardness in her eyes till the very end.. D shone as a hero in tht scene wid VS when she said.. V had never even recognized her love.. what a TIGHT SLAP.. and when she said.. He only wants to see the world from your eyes..๐Ÿคฃ as I see it both the low lifers deserved each other.. if I were a Sabina fan I wld head bang at showing her the way they did in the end.. after all the colossal claims she made.. she cowered and got married.. w/e happend to Radha..๐Ÿ˜† well we didnt care abt JN but the makers had to show some closure there.. for bringing tht track in the forefront I guess

The ending. UGH, HATEEE such perfect endings. Like u said, so unrealistic. At least one person should've died yaar. Master hi sahi ๐Ÿ˜† Though I would've liked to see V dead... no VS ending. lol. But seriously, what a stupid ending. IMV calling Sabina bahu the next day *rolls eyes* and all that D's kanyadaan shaart. IMV calling D his guru. Retiring. Moving to Mangrol. Why? BLAH!

Oh I have conveniently erased those portions for my head.. pukes.. IMV calling Sabina bahu.. or correction ISHWAR..๐Ÿ˜† calling Sabina bahu.. but he had this major peace to call HIS CPs daughter as his daugher.. chalo Ishwar didnt go empty handed..  

These were the retarded parts of the epi. The rest, I liked. I think they showed IMV coming to terms with what he's become and how he has changed rather nicely. I mean, they HAD to rush. So given that, D talking about CP and Ishwar coming in all affecting him... shown quite well imo. And now that I think about it, I would've LOVED such open-ended ending. 

we are on the same page here.. exactly. .they HAD to rush.. and in tht time frame.. they did a decent job and in fact the presentation of the debate btw IMV and Ishwar sitting head to head.. going back and forth on life.. sigh.. what a MOMENT that was ... AVIS you have to make these 2 for me.. and yes I do see this as the end.. with the IMV-D moment coming as just a aftermath corollary.. a sub conscious moment..

And then the last scene. What a perfect, PERFECT scene!! Even if it was just a few minutes, it was all about IMV and D, what the show was all about. Loved it to bits. I'm not even as attached to this show as you guys are, but it even saddaned me. Thinking there would be no MB, no IMV tomorrow ... sigh.
And of course avis for this scene.. it was PERFECT.. and did u check how they blended Ds and IMVs (Not Ishwars) bg music in that part.. they blended it.. to show their bond.. the way D caught the coin.. and IMV folder her hand.. and blessed her.. with all the best.. he knew rather well she has a big burden to endure.. in life.. sigh.. even now I have tears thinking abt tht scene.. it was CLASSIC.. one of the BEST IN MB.. after the IMV-CP ones..

As for complains, I only have one. Why did you guys kill VV like that? There was no show ending or such an issue then... :( The rest, I guess were sorta out of your hands... sad. Anywayz, a job very well done, you guys should be very proud of it... majority of this 10 months journey has been extremely enjoyable. We'll remember this for a long time.. there would be no show like MB, never a character like IMV again ... 

and as for VV..I really think they butchered VV showing him like some love manic coz they had planned to kill him in the show if the show ran longer.. n tht wld have been IMVs big jolt.. but all tht is now only hypothesis.. sigh it was really close for me.. you know how I jumped up and down and how much we both raved for an old dark character.. LIKE OUR DARK LORD.. sigh to think I wont see him in real tomorrow.. oh WHAT A GEM THIS CHARACTER..

Edited by sonali.19281 - 12 years ago
sonali.19281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssshhh

Sonali a fitting analysis 2 a fitting final episode.๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘ Yup d epis. lived up 2 d show nd I suppose tht was d best d makers could do in such a short time. As usual d dailogues were awesome.

It seems I too have come a full circle as I totally agree with ur take on IMV. Y does IMV nd Ishwar have to be mutually exclusive? By d way I liked d scene between d young Ishwar nd IMV d best...it was also basically wat I had been saying throughtout my posts, abt potraying IMV more as a negative char, which even Ishwar was not ready 2 accept nd begged IMV 4 MUKTI.

Also liked d idea of an open end nd I think we can take tht end if we so want, as after tht whatever is shown is again due 2 d compulsion of acceptance...u know everything has 2 b spelt out loud and clear ๐Ÿ˜‰ no room 4 one's own interpretation.

V grps' share prices must hv hit the bottom with news of VS nd IMV returning to Mangrol. ๐Ÿ˜†

Munira AND THIS IS WHAT I SEE AS IMVs VICTORY... for you to feel bad that IMV had to be relinquished.. there was much more to IMV than any of the other characters gave him credit for.. and it was his gift to them.. and statement in his life.. for himself. .that no one ever got to see IMV again.. coz frankly I think THEY DIDN'T DESERVE IT.. If he ever met Parimita/CP again.. I wld be intrigued what he presents.. coz she is the only one with the benefit to see the REAL HIM.. Ishwar like I said in paaji's post was another FARCE.. he just went from one farce to another.. the show and even the last epi was TECHNICALLY BRILLIANT.. how can the team come up with such standards in the last epi.. little bits.. the cinematography.. the dialogues.. even the bg music.. the coin flipping scene.. they merged IMV-Ds bg music. .giving us the essence of MB.. sighhh.. I dont think I can ever get MB out of my psyche.. its a core part of me now.. as an audience.. i HARDLY watch shows m mighty please I saw this one.. which I will carry with me for a long time to come..

the best was the introspection to repercussion now.. IMV/ishwar gifted the kids their dreams.. but he also gave them the burden to live with those dreams without a father figure in this world.. they only saw what their father demanded of them.. not what he gave them.. in his absence they will learn a LOT FROM LIFE.. and ABOUT LIFE.. ๐Ÿ˜Š V. Ind wld hit rock bottom.. and VVs gola love wont help it๐Ÿ˜† my moment of sadistic pleasure.. when they lament the demise of IMV..  it reminded me of Dhirubhai.. how he eventually retired after the whole social stigma behind Anil's marriage to an actor and Reliance going through a tough phase.. thankfully for Reliance there was a Mukesh.. does V. Ind have any such benefactor

I have no compulsion for simplicity.. so I take tht pistol scene as a OPEN END.. and THE END.. the IMV-D coin scene for me is just a subconscious representation.. u know like the rubaro song in Rng de basanti.. a flight of the spirit.. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I hope we keep interacting. .the forum may be archived soon.. but wld love to keep in touch wid u on this forum or elsewhr.. this journey together has been rather spl.. Kools and I cant let go of each other's bickering company.. and I hope to have you mediate it as you always did..๐Ÿ˜ƒ
sonali.19281 thumbnail
will reply to the rest of you guys this evening.. need to get work done.. and wrap up the week's worth..๐Ÿ˜† its been a pleasure being a part of this show and this discussion experience with you guys.. 
khamosshhh thumbnail

Sonali I too had always been fascinated by IMV nd coz y he became d way he was, was potrayed so well, especially the interactions between PK nd IMV nd IMV nd Baa nd finally IMV nd CP, dat one could not help but admire, evn if grudgingly๐Ÿ˜‰ d complex person tht IMV was. My only grievance was dat he was turning more negative than just grey nd I couldn't condone some of his actions.

Another thing I noticed was dat whnever IMV had had his say amongst his family members, right there in the middle of the vast drawing room, he would take the elevator up, rising slowly above all his speechless family members (as usually dat's how dey would end up after one of his diktats). Today dey show him drudging up d flight of steps, a dejected man!

Y show him donning a white attire heading for Mangrol? He has redeemed himself, so can't him continue making brilliant business moves nd taking his business further nd being the benevolent mentor to his sons nd D? Y gv it all up? Dat's wat he is. Even as Ishwarya, he was never happy being stuck in Mangrol...dey could hv continued showing him being a benevolent IMV instead of turning him into a Master caricature!๐Ÿ˜ก
khamosshhh thumbnail
Me too as of now don't plan 2 watch any of d current soaps, may gv BB5 nd Kuch toh...a glance nd see if I'll continue watching dem. Though m watching r.com๐Ÿ˜Š. If u can Sonali den do watch Dhoop Kinarey, I watched it as a kid nd den discovered it again on YT nd hv downloaded it on my comp.

Me too hope 2 continue reading ur's nd Kools fantastic posts, so lets keep interacting.๐Ÿ˜Š
sonali.19281 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ssshhh

Me too as of now don't plan 2 watch any of d current soaps, may gv BB5 nd Kuch toh...a glance nd see if I'll continue watching dem. Though m watching r.com๐Ÿ˜Š. If u can Sonali den do watch Dhoop Kinarey, I watched it as a kid nd den discovered it again on YT nd hv downloaded it on my comp.

Me too hope 2 continue reading ur's nd Kools fantastic posts, so lets keep interacting.๐Ÿ˜Š

you watching R. com๐Ÿ˜ƒ.. its one of my other recent faves.. I simply loved Kavi Shatri's portrayal of Rohan Mehra.. there was just so much to Rohan that comes out beneath his chilled out happy persona.. esp wrt his parent's history..sigh.. I was telling Kools that I intend to watch Kismat by yrf.. it has a tangible storyline and ended well acc to a friend.. so I may watch it.. and we cld open a blog to discuss it.. if we r watching something common.. as for KTLK... Lets see.. If I can find the time.. mom told me how much she loved Dhoop Kinarey for the male protagonist.. so I'll give her the right to tell me how KTLK is faring๐Ÿ˜†

and yup there is much more to come on this forum.. dissecting the finale.. reliving vintage MB epis. .tht I missed discussing with you all etc..so will be here.. for sure๐Ÿ˜ƒ