Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago

Originally posted by: nureat01

Rest you've said it all about Priya's reaction and I've vented enough in the CC...needless to say it was melodramatic, nonsensical and very over the top...not suiting her character at all and she treated Ram like he was some kind of WORM...a woman of 33...how exactly does it suit her to SHOUT like this in PUBLIC?? Apni engagement pe she jhaadoed her mahaan bhaashan or whatever...good for her...what the hell was she doing today?? Here I thought we had a sensible and mature character in Priya...sure proved me wrong in that scene...and btw is she ADD as well?? Within 30 second she suddenly calmed down to go tell Ram oh so magnanimously how much respect she has for him?? I'm so touched...yeah that really helps, Priya...considering just HOW you spoke of this man no less than 30 seconds ago...you sound SO genuine๐Ÿค”

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE writing by Ekta and her monkeys๐Ÿ‘Ž๐Ÿผ๐Ÿคข...total ruination of a character I've liked so much since the show began...today she had NO justification for her behavior...NOTHING.  WHY couldn't they have shown her taking Ram aside to discuss this in PRIVATE?? Jab tak TAMASHA na ho toh Kekta ko CHAIN nahin milta naa??๐Ÿคข

The entire lead up to the marriage is being so HORRIBLY handled...PATHETIC writing...vintage Kekta I guess...what can I say.

Dearest Anu-maan, 

Just to prove that I really did intend to write a reply to your post ๐Ÿ˜†

I totally agree with this bit. The writing was terrible; she went from spitting made to sad and conciliatory in a matter of seconds. To be honest she seemed weirder than Nuts in that scene. 

And as others have pointed out, this is two public outbursts for her at two of her rokas/engagements. For someone who often bemoans her unmarried state, she does not make things easy for herself. Neither of the actual situations were her fault or her making - agreed. I would still say that in the first one she did behave with more dignity, attributing no more blame to Ram than he deserved. 

But this one was totally out of the blue. She should have stopped to consider the fact that in everything that Ram has said to her up till now, he has never even hinted at the fact that he wanted to marry her. And, knowing his personality, if he DID want to marry her (as opposed to being forced into it) he would have called her up and told her himself. So the fact that she believes he specifically wants to marry her/Ayesha is more than a little jarring. 

And add to that the fact that she knows that Niharika came to see Shipra re: this matter, and so her rightful anger should be at Shipra, and at worst towards Niharika also. There was a very strange disconnect between Priya and her parents in this episode - neither did she reprimand her mother for misunderstanding the situation, and neither did her parents tell her off for behaving like an uncivilised, uneducated fisher-wife. 

My only half-hearted reasoning for her outburst is the fact that she has suffered shock after shock after shock in the last week and so that has addled her brains somewhat. But it really doesn't excuse the fact that she behaved in that appalling way to a man who essentially has done nothing wrong. She should have completed the roka ceremony and then taken Ram and family aside to clear the confusion. Begging off the wedding then would have been a far easier and dignified way of doing it, rather than giving the world yet another reason to talk about you. 
AreYaar thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

Dearest Anu-maan, 

Just to prove that I really did intend to write a reply to your post ๐Ÿ˜† Vasurina, TODAY you replied...yesterday also you didn't...I had my reasons to wonder๐Ÿ˜›

I totally agree with this bit. The writing was terrible; she went from spitting made to sad and conciliatory in a matter of seconds. To be honest she seemed weirder than Nuts in that scene.  LMAO true...heck Nuts toh is off my radar in general...I had expectations from Priya but wow were they shot to hell yesterday or what.

And as others have pointed out, this is two public outbursts for her at two of her rokas/engagements. For someone who often bemoans her unmarried state, she does not make things easy for herself. Neither of the actual situations were her fault or her making - agreed. I would still say that in the first one she did behave with more dignity, attributing no more blame to Ram than he deserved. Yeah first one was understandable...but even in this one she added one line about, "mujhe plan nahin  karna aata...nahin toh ab tak meri shaadi ho gayi hoti"...W*F was that?? Hello why does she need to turn this around to act all bechari about why her shaadi didn't happen?? How does this dialogue even make sense for a woman who just a day ago gave a big lecture ki WHY does a woman NEED to be married?

But this one was totally out of the blue. She should have stopped to consider the fact that in everything that Ram has said to her up till now, he has never even hinted at the fact that he wanted to marry her. And, knowing his personality, if he DID want to marry her (as opposed to being forced into it) he would have called her up and told her himself. So the fact that she believes he specifically wants to marry her/Ayesha is more than a little jarring. Exactly...I'm not saying she already knows him so well or whatever but the day of the roka, they showed she felt a hint of connection and understanding...and uske baad she believed THIS? In Kartik's case toh bada phone kar rahi thi to clarify stuff with Ram...and what about now?? So easily she believed he wants to marry Ayesha...the rest of the family is dumb anyways but Priya too bought into this? Such pathetic writing.

And add to that the fact that she knows that Niharika came to see Shipra re: this matter, and so her rightful anger should be at Shipra, and at worst towards Niharika also. There was a very strange disconnect between Priya and her parents in this episode - neither did she reprimand her mother for misunderstanding the situation, and neither did her parents tell her off for behaving like an uncivilised, uneducated fisher-wife.  Exactly! The parents are just standing around like useless statues! What the hell?? She was acting like a total shrew and no one had anything to say?? Total disconnect as you said cuz Priya got this info from her MOTHER...and Shipra saw no need to speak up? I guess not since this was the Priya show...all of a sudden the parents fade into the wallpaper๐Ÿ˜†

My only half-hearted reasoning for her outburst is the fact that she has suffered shock after shock after shock in the last week and so that has addled her brains somewhat. But it really doesn't excuse the fact that she behaved in that appalling way to a man who essentially has done nothing wrong. She should have completed the roka ceremony and then taken Ram and family aside to clear the confusion. Begging off the wedding then would have been a far easier and dignified way of doing it, rather than giving the world yet another reason to talk about you. Yeah I too tried to find some reasoning...that maybe she was just too shocked so she reacted in anger...see I could understand if she'd been GENERALLY angry about the situation...but no, she basically turned on Ram and the WAY she spoke with him...the CHEEZ line and "INSE"...all that...didn't expect this kind of arrogance from Priya...Ram has never done anything so bad to her...the accident issue has been put behind them anyways and seriously then what was the rain scene about?? Even after the engagment fiasco, Ram was SO nice to her even as she was taunting him...and for THAT man, she spoke SO horribly...I thought Priya had some compassion in her...but what I saw yesterday was some alien version of Priya...WHAT is her "understanding" of Ram is beyond me...I felt so horrible for him by the end of that scene with the way she basically udaaoed dhajjiyaan of all his self-respect...what has he ever done to her to deserve THAT? And she has NO guilt...it's amazing...her little spiel to Ram about respecting him just didn't come across as genuine cuz of the way the scene flowed...

And now I just don't know how I feel about RP since we know they will be selecting engagement rings soon but how Priya can go from the way she spoke to him HERE to doing THAT is something I'm not being able to see.

psawyer thumbnail
Ugh, I'm trying to 'like' but the button really annoys me...

Anyway, kal toh I only posted a couple of replies before hitting the sack, lol. But chalo, you know I almost always agree with you on these things anyway ๐Ÿ˜†

@your last sentence - yes, I too am finding it weird to imagine them happily shopping for rings and her saying oh-so-cutely "woh thoda healthy hain" (which, I admit, still makes me ๐Ÿคฃ and squee). 

I guess I am hoping ki they take some time before we get to the ring-shopping bit and in that time have Priya properly understand what she has just done and apologise to Ram a little more sincerely. I am still hoping that they have a few more mature convos before agreeing to marry each other. As Mahi said, I don't want a Kutumb/KZK/Kyunki style "hate marriage" scenario. It doesn't go with the promos which after all shows two people willing to work on their relationship and just getting to know each other. Not fighting each other and "hey! hey!-ing" their way into their married life. 

These parents toh are totally useless, inka kya kehna? Either they are blind to Priya's strong voice and still consider her some sort of DOCILE (oh what a hilarious word!) girl whom they will be able to control (shaadi se pehle toh they couldn't control her from embarrassing them in public, par suuure, shaadi ke baad she will be as malleable as PlayDoh ) OR they are standing around uselessly, misunderstanding things or not speaking up and owning their mistakes or, in general, behaving like parents. 

And yes, if she had been angry at the situation - at Ram, at Niharika, at Shipra etc - toh I could understand it, though the concept of creating such a public ruckus still doesn't sit right with me. But to just turn on Ram like that and belittle him in those ways...as you say, it was completely uncharacteristic and cruel. 
*dewdrop~pearl* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Parvati was so nice, she has never behaved like this with anyone .

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
@Aparna - Parvati was too nice, you don't want that ideal either. Plus at times she got bhashan-heavy too. Of course, she was usually shouting at people who deserved it all and more...but still. 

I am curious to know what you edited...
AreYaar thumbnail

@Aparna - Parvati was too nice, you don't want that ideal either. Plus at times she got bhashan-heavy too. Of course, she was usually shouting at people who deserved it all and more...but still. 

Vasu, bhaashans suited Parvati cuz KGGK was THAT kind of typical melodrama cryfest...

These kind of scenes don't work in BALH...throws off the entire rhythm of the show as well as the characters๐Ÿ˜•

Oh ya, definitely Parvati was too unrealistic and larger than life, and sometimes it used to irritate me when people used to shout at her and she used to silently take all that ๐Ÿ˜ก. She was a typical Ekta bahu, but was FAR less irritating than many others, like Tulsi (ya I used to find her irritating ๐Ÿ˜†), Kashish, etc.

@ blue - Haha, I made some grammatical mistake which I edited out ๐Ÿ˜†!

psawyer thumbnail

Originally posted by: *dewdrop~pearl*

Oh ya, definitely Parvati was too unrealistic and larger than life, and sometimes it used to irritate me when people used to shout at her and she used to silently take all that ๐Ÿ˜ก. She was a typical Ekta bahu, but was FAR less irritating than many others, like Tulsi (ya I used to find her irritating ๐Ÿ˜†), Kashish, etc. Oh yes, totally my favourite too - as you can guess from my sig ๐Ÿ˜† not as bhashan-heavy as Tulsi maiyya and not as pendulum-swinging/slap-heavy as Prerna madam. And Kashish was only good when Rajeev Khandelwal was Sujal, because at least they had some zoro ki chemistry. 

@ blue - Haha, I made some grammatical mistake which I edited out ๐Ÿ˜†! Acha, that's not fun. I thought maybe you had some unwritable thing ๐Ÿ˜†

Edited by *dewdrop~pearl* - 12 years ago
MJHTMonayaSajan thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Very well written...

N Priya said earlier that she would marry any guy her father tells her ,,,then why not Ram???
Also,,if her father is ready for weirdo Ayesha-Ram marriage n mom is going gaga over it,why can't they convince Priya to get married to Ram...
Aftr all he s not a bad man...
she was ready to marry vineet just for her family n now she s making issue about marrying a guy like Ram????๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜•