A perfect mismatch - 30 June

psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 12 years ago
Sigh. I'm not sure what I think of today's episode. I think Ekta's monkeys have drugged me as well as themselves, because I am feeling very dizzy and conphused. 

I think I'll list the pros and cons (for me) in this episode. 

What I liked:

1. The little scene between Priya and her mother at the beginning of the ep, where Shipra teases Priya that she is nothing to Ayesha anyway, that's why they waited for Priya the "bhadi buzurg" 😆 and the way that Priya squeezes her. I can imagine that scene between me and my mother. 

2. I don't like the unnecessary addition of Shakuni Maami, but I must admit that the actor who plays him has me in hysterics sometimes, what with his "Switty"  and "Yeh kal jitni buri lag rahi thi, aaj usse dus guna zyada lag rahi hai" 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 Something about the way he said it made me ROFL

3. The scene in which Ayesha displays her anger and sadness back at home. I know a lot of people didn't like that and don't like her, but for some reason I cannot bring myself to hate her. Maybe because I view her as a child, or because she is my sister's age and like her in temperament. People said on the forum that today's scene confirmed that she was selfish and a future negative character. All due respect, I don't agree. I think anyone would have been frustrated in that situation. And if behaving badly is an indication of a character being or turning negative, then by today's actions Priya too should join the queue of vamps and villains. 

What I saw redeeming in Ayesha was that she lashed out at Priya not from jealousy and hatred but from her own frustration. And she allowed Priya to console her. I found that scene very maternal. If Ayesha's bad behaviour becomes a pattern, then yeah, I will be very disappointed in the typical vamp characterisation. But until then, I have no qualms with her performance today. 

4. In the emotional blackmail scene between Switty and Ram, there was a point when Ram went over to the sofa, huffed and sank down like a little child 😆. It was almost as if he had stuck his tongue out and said "katti". I don't know how he does it, but I really liked that nuance. 

5. For some reason, I really enjoyed the Neha-Vikram scene. It was at least more natural than their previous dealings. And I am glad Taraana is back, because at least she is one of the few actors on the show who can act. I hope they tone her character down, though. 

What I didn't like:

1. Priya's outburst - for sure. I understand the logic that she has had so much stress over the last week or so - a quickie roka, a broken engagement, a proposal for her sister etc - that the shock of it all loosened her tongue and made her lash out at Ram. I get that. But there was absolutely no call to do it in that way, in front of those people. (btw, this is the first time I have seen, in TWO rokas on this show, people inviting random strange guests to a roka. Usually it is just family, and the invitees are saved for the engagements). The things she said, the way she nearly said "cheez" and then took it back, the hurt on Ram's face. All of that was avoidable. She could have blown up at him if she had wanted, but in private. Even if she had done the exact same thing ONLY in front of Ram's and her own families, that would have been acceptable to me also. Doing it in front of random strangers and then walking out was uncalled for. 

2. On that note, the fact that neither Sudhir nor Shipra reprimanded her for her rudeness. I'm sorry, but whether I am 33 or 53, if I behave like that in front of guests, my parents would kick my ass. And so they should. At her age, she has no reason to be immature like Ayesha. Even Nuts, for all her faults, has not behaved like that in public (she just saves the drama for her own family ). 

3. I don't get Switty. Sometimes her facial expressions seem as if she is genuinely upset for Ram, or concerned about him or Priya and her family. Then she has those late night brainstorm sessions with Shakuni maama and I'm lost again. Could someone please explain what her deal is? I'd really appreciate if, next week, one of the show's spot boys would stand behind her with a placard over her head explaining if she is being evil or nice. Really, that or subtitles would really help me out. 

I guess that's it. You can tell I'm confused. I do know that I definitely don't like today's episode as much as I liked last Thursday's episode. And now I am wondering what is going to happen on Monday. Will we go back in a loop to find a really good writer/director again? Someone who can bring this show back off the edge of the tracks and stop it from committing suicide? This is certainly not the way I wanted this arranged marriage to happen, but there is still time to fix it. I hope the powers that be are listening to (and reading) the views of this forum. I hope they have sense enough to take our advice. 

Have a great weekend, everyone! 🤗

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

whatthewhat thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Call 911! 

This show needs an emergency rescue & resuscitate...reboot, restart...re-everything...

just do something!
..Naina.. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 7

Wow. So first off, I want to say that I absolutely loved reading your views, yes, even if you are confused😆😆 But honestly though, you presented the points well and yeah, I can't help but agree with you.

The Ayesha scene actually seemed pretty normal to me, like you said, because given the situation, anyone might actually end up reacting that way. a) Because they might have felt foolish, and they no one obviously wants to feel that way. b) Because even if it was one day to bring up her hopes, it was one day. Everyone has their fair share of dreams, regardless of whether they are materialistic or something else, and obviously Ayesha wants to be settled, rich, and provided for, and well Ram was the answer to that. Her anger and frustration can definitely be sympathized with; however, I definitely have my serious set of fears regarding her becoming a negative character in the future. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what ends up happening, even though I'm appealing to all the higher powers [eg. praying😆] for that not to happen. But we as an audience have to remember this is an EK show, and well, random, nonsensical twists are always up for grabs.

Next.

Wow. Well, Priya's reaction was, needless to say, expected. I mean, she is someone that enjoys her screaming aand yelling, and obviously it was relatively understandable considering the accusations our mr. suspiscious through out at her, telling her she's doing everything on purpose and so on. Come on dude, that's just nonsensical after a point, why would anyone want to risk throwing their own reputation under the mud just to ruin you? And, to top it all off, like you said, she didn't seem to be aware of where she was and who she was surrounded by, and ended up not only humiliating Ram, but herself as well. That scene and her completely  unnecessary outburst ticked me off, and she has to do quite a it to redeem herself from that situation. If I was Ram, phew, I would be annoyed as hell.

Ram's scene at the end. Sigh,  I feel really bad for the guy. Why couldn't he have been a heartless, khadoos person? Honestly. Then he could have flat out disagreed to marrying Priya, but because he actually seems to have a heart, his family is making perfect use of it, essentially emotionally blackmailing him into doing what they want. -_- To respond to your thoughts on Niharika, I think she's negative. Maybe she might have an ounce of a heart stored inside of her somewhere, but at the moment, everything we see, in my opinion, is her cold hearted side.

But anywho.

One down, and one to go.

The real question now is, how the heck is everyone [mainly Ram] going to convince Priya to agreeing to that marriage? I really would like to see this, just cause she's so stubborn and adamantly against it. But I sure hope that whatever is done occurs only in front of the family members or just Ram, because we definitely do not need another episode of this yelling and screaming.

Phew. My thoughts :) Hope I didn't bore anyone!
Mru_bee thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: psawyer

Sigh. I'm not sure what I think of today's episode. I think Ekta's monkeys have drugged me as well as themselves, because I am feeling very dizzy and conphused. 

I think I'll list the pros and cons (for me) in this episode. 

3. I don't get Switty. Sometimes her facial expressions seem as if she is genuinely upset for Ram, or concerned about him or Priya and her family. Then she has those late night brainstorm sessions with Shakuni maama and I'm lost again. Could someone please explain what her deal is? I'd really appreciate if, next week, one of the show's spot boys would stand behind her with a placard over her head explaining if she is being evil or nice. Really, that or subtitles would really help me out. 

Vasu ... that cracked me up!!! dang it girl, now when I will watch the episode later, I will be so imagining this scenario!!!! 😆 😆 😆

baaki, the general sense I have from the updates here is the unreasonable outburst of Priya. Baaki sabh I don't really care, I am watching only for Ram-Priya. So, I am hoping they are at least consistent in their interactions and thinking ...

-- Mru

Edited by Mru_bee - 12 years ago
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
@Naina - you didn't bore me at all. I loved reading your views too 😳

Originally posted by: Naina2127

The Ayesha scene actually seemed pretty normal to me, like you said, because given the situation, anyone might actually end up reacting that way. a) Because they might have felt foolish, and they no one obviously wants to feel that way. b) Because even if it was one day to bring up her hopes, it was one day. Everyone has their fair share of dreams, regardless of whether they are materialistic or something else, and obviously Ayesha wants to be settled, rich, and provided for, and well Ram was the answer to that. Her anger and frustration can definitely be sympathized with; however, I definitely have my serious set of fears regarding her becoming a negative character in the future. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that's what ends up happening, even though I'm appealing to all the higher powers [eg. praying😆] for that not to happen. But we as an audience have to remember this is an EK show, and well, random, nonsensical twists are always up for grabs.

Exactly. And at least she didn't take her anger and frustration out on a group of strangers like Priya did.

To be honest I do have fears that EK will turn her into a negative character to suit her own nefarious desires...but as you say, I am still holding out hope that this never happens and that even if she sometimes ventures into selfish territory, it doesn't spill over into maliciousness. 

Wow. Well, Priya's reaction was, needless to say, expected. I mean, she is someone that enjoys her screaming aand yelling, and obviously it was relatively understandable considering the accusations our mr. suspiscious through out at her, telling her she's doing everything on purpose and so on. Come on dude, that's just nonsensical after a point, why would anyone want to risk throwing their own reputation under the mud just to ruin you? And, to top it all off, like you said, she didn't seem to be aware of where she was and who she was surrounded by, and ended up not only humiliating Ram, but herself as well. That scene and her completely  unnecessary outburst ticked me off, and she has to do quite a it to redeem herself from that situation. If I was Ram, phew, I would be annoyed as hell.

Ram's "saazish" comments were very W*F - what girl would deliberately do something like that just to spite you? But then he's been paranoid from the start - he thought Priya was from the underworld and had tried to kill Nuts 🤣 and in his situation, a man being insulted and shouted at and being called a "thing", yes, I can see where he was coming from. 

Priya does have a long way to go to redeem herself and I hope they don't brush this under the carpet. I hope they make her apologise properly to Ram.

Ram's scene at the end. Sigh,  I feel really bad for the guy. Why couldn't he have been a heartless, khadoos person? Honestly. Then he could have flat out disagreed to marrying Priya, but because he actually seems to have a heart, his family is making perfect use of it, essentially emotionally blackmailing him into doing what they want. -_- To respond to your thoughts on Niharika, I think she's negative. Maybe she might have an ounce of a heart stored inside of her somewhere, but at the moment, everything we see, in my opinion, is her cold hearted side. 

Bechara Ram is caught between a rock and a hard place. Or should I say, he is caught between a Switty & a Nuts and the prize is Priya 😆 

I too am interested to see how they will convince Priya to marry Ram. The Nuts' excuse won't wash with her, and it's all very well Switty blackmailing Ram, but she doesn't really have any such thing on Priya. 

One more thing about Priya's outburst - this is Karthik's sasural. Maana ke they are the ladke-wale, but that does not bode well to start a relationship by shouting, screaming and insulting them in their own home. 

Edited by psawyer - 12 years ago
-sahasra- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
ayesha-priya scene was good.ayesha's reaction is justified after all that has happened to her.but her saying dat priya calls ram khadoos etc is uncalled for.however childish a sis can be u don't say such things infront of all(wat ur siblings share abt others with u).i observed a different reaction on her face when ram was fighting with priya on this khadoos thing.even i dont want ayesha to be negative.

priya's reaction-is she the same who told her family not to say anything to ram when her engagement is called off n gave her piece of mind when they both r alone.now how could she insult him in public.she could have spoken to kapoors in private.but this can't happen as ekta needs drama.

i dont know wat for priya's dad is there?atleast karthik had a small dialogue but his dad toh mujhe alarm lagta hai who is set to ring once in a bluemoon.his chance of ringing is over when he shouted at ram.😆

ram's mom talks in slowmotion,is she having some problem in speaking.i noticed it previously also but today it's more evident when she was speaking to ram.eva grover is a senior actress,i didn't see her like this b4.is she made to speak like that.

Mahi623 thumbnail
Dear Ekta Kapoor,

We do not want another Kutumb. Don't get me wrong, I loved that show. But the show was about two kids who fought on the playground. BALH is about two adults. You might know them, they were there for the first few weeks. Adults don't throw little tantrums in parties all the time. And especially, not when their entire character is based on the fact that they are the only mature person in their family.

Another thing, I get that you are trying to create dramatic irony when the leads say quite adamantly that THEY WILL NOT MARRY EACH OTHER. There is no reason to have swelling music accompany them as they repeat it six more times. Especially, when your tagline to the show is all about their marriage.

Oh, and can you please not have completely evil characters?I know you love doing that. But think about how much more fun you could have if you create slightly evil characters and, then, give them layers and motivation, and make your audience actually support them. It's a better way of messing with their minds than reclycling  plots and watching them cry with frustration.

Keeping that in mind, can you please not ruin Ayesha and make her evil? I watch every episode with the fear that today, Ayesha will teteer off the edge and become completely unreasonable and psychotic. That's Nuts, not Ayesha.

And one small thing: I know you have lazy writers but let's not have a persuasive argument where a mother tries to convince her son to marry a woman and uses the she is "mentally disturbed" as a valid reason. I am just saying

Oh, btw, great job in  certain aspects. Such as continuity where Shipa still remembers that Priya has the power to overrule her. And Priya's apology to Ram after her initial outburst, and Ram's entire argument with Niharika. See, you can pull this stuff off!

Thanks!

P.S. Can you kill off Neha? I have nothing against her but I am kind of in love with Vikram. Thanks! you are the best!

Edited by Mahi623 - 12 years ago
Mahi623 thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

🤣

Nuff said.

AreYaar thumbnail
I don't really have any feelings about the Ayesha scene one way or the other...by that point in the epi, I was beyond irritated and honestly disgusted with Priya.

I did like the beginning cutesy bits b/w Priya and the mom...very natural...and the shakuni mama walking around with the pipe in his mouth all the time does crack me up from time to time...as he did in that scene with reaction to how "horrible" Priya looked.

Rest you've said it all about Priya's reaction and I've vented enough in the CC...needless to say it was melodramatic, nonsensical and very over the top...not suiting her character at all and she treated Ram like he was some kind of WORM...a woman of 33...how exactly does it suit her to SHOUT like this in PUBLIC?? Apni engagement pe she jhaadoed her mahaan bhaashan or whatever...good for her...what the hell was she doing today?? Here I thought we had a sensible and mature character in Priya...sure proved me wrong in that scene...and btw is she ADD as well?? Within 30 second she suddenly calmed down to go tell Ram oh so magnanimously how much respect she has for him?? I'm so touched...yeah that really helps, Priya...considering just HOW you spoke of this man no less than 30 seconds ago...you sound SO genuine🤔

HORRIBLE HORRIBLE writing by Ekta and her monkeys👎🏼🤢...total ruination of a character I've liked so much since the show began...today she had NO justification for her behavior...NOTHING.  WHY couldn't they have shown her taking Ram aside to discuss this in PRIVATE?? Jab tak TAMASHA na ho toh Kekta ko CHAIN nahin milta naa??🤢

The entire lead up to the marriage is being so HORRIBLY handled...PATHETIC writing...vintage Kekta I guess...what can I say.

The Vikram-Neha scene was also filler types...pointless crap...and Niharika was sooo annoyingly vapid in her scene trying to "convince" Ram...blahhh

What a way to end the week...Thanks, Ekta Maayi🥱
Edited by nureat01 - 12 years ago
suwas thumbnail
Great post.

Today I liked Ayesha way better than Priya,. She seems more sensible. Her reaction more natural than Priya's.

I'd really appreciate if, next week, one of the show's spot boys would stand behind her with a placard over her head explaining if she is being evil or nice. 😆😆😆