Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hin_sa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
 psawyer. You always hit the bullseyeπŸ‘. You are a very keen observer and can put down your thoughts very well. I strongly suspect that Ram has sent this guy. I also don't believe in perfection and there should be some differences so that we understand and accommodate other people's thoughts and perspective
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: lwfw

@avivakirk
no i do not think nuts and karthik will run, for that matter
somehow i feel that karthik loves nuts but also apprehensive
about marrying her !  I feel he also used priya as an excuse πŸ˜•

i feel its more of ram's step mother's kartoot that  RAY A will get married

RAYA have thick skin and skull so they will not realise their love so easily πŸ˜†

but yes i am waiting for the success to get unfold
and ekta mai it better be the good one πŸ˜†

Oh, I meant the ex lover of Nats. Remember how Niharika didn't want her daughter keeping in tch with Nats ex.I forgot his name. She ignored her Mum and did her own thing. Felt that once Priya and Ram get married ,Nat and her ex would either elope or call off the wedding with Kartik.
Agree abt RAYA but their marriage I'm predicting would be out of majboori rather than love.As u said it would  be Ram's stepmum arranging the marriage or a slim chance  could be due to unforeseen circumstances Ram forced to marry Priya .
*Resham* thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Perfect Analysis ...

Ram and Priya has this unspoken magic which ws evident in the precap itself...also all good things neednt be a perfect person to marry...thts wht Priya too felt...somewhere I feel Vineet will drop out and Ram will marry Priya bec thts the story...lets see

in btw Hii to everyone hereπŸ€—
bikerider thumbnail
@avivakirk

hmm i do not think nuts will run away πŸ˜† though i agree she is one useless 😑  step mother will not arrange but is forced to arrange πŸ˜†
as she is the one who said  ram is going to get married and is almost fixed πŸ˜’
Binge thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Vasu, awesome post! β­οΈ 

I cant help referring to Priya-Ram dynamics with Nuts-Kats r'ship. Like Ram is imperfect, so is Nuts. She is only imperfect, I guess πŸ€” πŸ˜† But whatever it is, I think Priya feeling uneasy was bcuz she could not believe that she had met her "Mr Right" finally. If Ram hadn't hired this Vineet fellow, I dont think she would have refused him- atleast after looking by the circumstances around her. 

Although, I agree that too much of perfection would make life boring. Spice is a must. In case of Vineet-Priya convo, it was only Vineet who was babbling and Priya remained silent. Which is not the case with Ram. πŸ˜† There has to be a balance and we see that with RaYa. 

MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
My first post in BALH forum... hi guys! I'm hopelessly hooked on this show and look forward to discussing it with you guys as it picks up momentum and *hopefully* stays as realistic, relatable, and likable as it is so far!

@ Vasu (if I may call you that 😳) - I think I'm as hooked on your synopses as I am on the show... your writing is so precise and thought-provoking πŸ‘ Anyone reading it would probably find that it echoes their thoughts exactly because of how you present it. Even found interesting food for thought in a mundane episode like today's, wowzies! I would like to write more when I'm freer this weekend, but for now I want to point out just a couple of things.

- In today's epi, I think you hit the bullseye when you said, w.r.t. Vineet, that "he said all the right things even before Priya could say them". That's what should look suspicious to anyone, luckily at least Priya picked up on it if not the rest of them. The dad, I have no hopes of him being perceptive of anything πŸ€”πŸ˜† But why not Karthik? I mean, what kind of guy objects to "jaake freshen up kar" in an attempt to flatter the girl - dude, she was just going to wash her face after a long day, and you go all Shakespeare on her It seemed awkward, the way sooo much was tumbling out of his mouth at one go. It's a different matter that the speed with which we do the same on IF might even exceed his πŸ˜† Anyway, that was strange, and the way he acted in the one-on-one session, as if he knew everything there was to know about her. How much could possibly be revealed in a profile on a matrimonial site πŸ˜• Even her mom and sister who created the profile don't know everything that about Priya that makes her who she is, then yeh banda kahaan se aaya, Mr. Antaryaami?! So, yeah. Those were some thoughts on today's epi.

- Speaking of her mom, I wanna refer back to your write-up from yesterday's Shipra special... I adored her scenes yesterday, especially the one with Priya in front of the mirror, and I was so relieved that her new shriek-free dialogue delivery carried over to today Even during the loud phone call that disrupted class, she didn't get shrill! Hope it stays that way throughout the show. Anyway, back to yesterday - loved the sweetness at the end, and love the protective yet sensible side of her we saw towards the beginning, with the marriage bureau guy. Someone mentioned her inconsistency as a character, the sort of schizo-ness of the switch between pyaari maa and wicked stepmom type. I just wanted to mention that we might interpret yesterday's Ashwin bit as the answer to that confusion, a way of building dimension into Shipra's character instead of what others guessed - introducing Ashwin as a potential Ekta-esque complication in the upcoming 'RaYa' marriage. Maybe (IMO, hopefully) we were only treated to him because the marriage bureau dude's reference to his and Priya's relationship as town gossip is the cause of Shipra's frustration? If she's been hearing bad talk about Priya even since the breakup and try as she may, is helpless in setting the record straight about her daughter's personality, that is reason enough to have developed in her the eccentricities and desperation we've seen in her over the past couple weeks.

- I must second your annoyance with Niharika's slooowww speech πŸ˜† It sounds really exaggerated and unclear. If, God forbid, this show goes the usual Kekta route and we get treated to showdowns between her and Priya, the poor lady will never be able to keep up to her DIL's super speedy sarcasm we witnessed in the staircase scene with Ram! By the time she finishes saying "Priya", the latter will have delivered a good 10 punchlines already.

- The general convos you sparked off of today's epi's themes - the concept of soulmates, listening to your heart vs. listening to your mind, the appeal of imperfection - great discussion ideas, more on them later. In fact each one probably deserves a thread of its own. For now, I would just say - from a place of very little experience πŸ˜† - that perfect as people may seem for each other, love is always going to be something of a work in progress. You can't know everything about a person, and people don't stay the same. They undergo experiences they've been through before and in reaction, new sides of them are either created or revealed (that's the phase of this show I'm most looking forward to, the one we saw in promos - the one through which two people keep learning their differences and continue to fall in love in spite of/because of
them - hopefully Ekta doesn't forget that that's enough to keep us glued, her usual saas bahu elements need not apply!). So no, I'm not too sure about soulmates or perfect matches, I'm more inclined to believe that a relationship can be made to work between anyone and anyone else - but the motivation to work at it will only exist if there's that spark you referred to in the precap. Not of a perfect match, but of a lively one - that in which they both literally spring to life in each other's presence, regardless of the things that make them different from one another. They've had, all in all, maybe 4 scenes together since the show has started, and we already see the magic - can't wait until they're living under the same roof and such scenes and sentiments will become a day to day occurrence!
Chitrita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@lola610...lovely analysis...hmm...me getting addicted to this thread now...
psawyer thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Awesome analyses, guys! I will try and respond a little later after I get into work! 
fuzzyface thumbnail
The things that we all love about Ram are that he is NOT perfect; by no means. He is often rude, snobbish, a control freak and has a weird thing about cleanliness. He doesn't like rain, or traffic, or time wasters. But he is sweet, and awkward, and protective. He knows how to apologise, how to tease, how to be teased. He is vulnerable, sad, lonely. He is ruthless in business, decisive and determined. He is all of these things, and yet he is not perfect. 

Priya is very perceptive. Her hesitation towards Vineet was not due to her leaning towards Ram; I don't think she has yet leant towards him in that way, and neither has he with her. Her hesitation towards Vineet was based solely on him and her reaction towards him. She was blind-sided from the moments she stepped into the house, and confused by her own inertia and her own non-reaction to him. Here is a guy who is pushing all the right buttons, saying all the right things, giving me everything I want. Why am I still not sure?

Ram isn't the perfect man and I don't think there such  a thing as perfect. Like your title perfection lies in imperfection as in  beauty lies in the flaw. What makes Ram attractive is his blind love and faith for his family as well as his ability to admit ok I made a mistake, move on. Actually I find his odd habits quite endearing 😳 

Priya on the other hand, I think she is so used to being rejected and getting crumbs, so when something good comes along, it a but too hard to digest. I think it's also because she doesn't think she deserves something that is so called perfect, so she is hesistant.

I agree 100%, if something appears to be too good to be true, it probably is and everything shld be taken with pinch of salt.

As for soulmates, I do believe they exist but not necessarily we end up marrying our soulmates. To me a good marriage is two puzzles coming together and trying to fit in, it may not be the perfect fit but the foundation is there and the pieces come together with time.😊

I love your analysis as always, great post πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by fuzzyface - 12 years ago
deejayaqueel thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Thanks for the update...

Can only say 2 things... Nuts has been well named!!! πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

And Mr. Perfect 'Catch'? let's see what is the 'catch' over there...