Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Nels thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 12 years ago
Bang on pswayer!!!! Just finished watching the epi and the first thing that came in my mind was exactly the question Priya asked, "How can it be so perfect?"

Infact, I too believe in what you wrote "if it's too good to be true, it's probably false". And I am completely with you when you wrote:
"Her hesitation towards Vineet was based solely on him and her reaction towards him. She was blind-sided from the moments she stepped into the house, and confused by her own inertia and her own non-reaction to him. Here is a guy who is pushing all the right buttons, saying all the right things, giving me everything I want. Why am I still not sure?"

If I would have been in her place, absolutely same thing would have come to my mind. Basically the answer to this hesitation holds in the words of Priya, that she told to Ayesha in the past. I completely believe that two people with different personalities can lead a perfect life if they connect well. It's not necessary that they should meet the expectations completely. Because the most important thing in the life is the spark, the interaction that holds the two people.

As far as the questions you asked in the end of your post are concerned, well, I don't have any story on my part to be shared. But I do believe that the soul mate exist! 
Chitrita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

Hello..Vas😊

I'm going to skip right over that first Nuts scene because...well, you know...Psycho Nuts always skip skip skipπŸ˜† 

@ Vineet-Priya track - I was hoping she follows her instinct and as she said to Vineet she'll tell her family also she needs time, but as usual she gives importance to her family's happiness more than hers and says 'yes' even though her mind screams a big 'no'...somewhere deep inside she feels something is wrong...

Of course, since we know that this is a show about RP, and since we suspect that Ram had sent this guy (as evidenced by his remark "Priya's liked him" in the boardroom)...maybe or may not be...i'm double-minded whether Ram has sent this guy...

we know that something will happen tomorrow to break off this so-called rishta...i feel media or Ram's mom or her daughter's MIL has a hand in this...from today's scene in the lady's club it is clear that his mom doesn't want a girl for Ram from their social status circle...maybe after seeing Priya during Karthik-Nuts Roka she plans something... 

Despite all their fighting, their misunderstandings, the way they get so hyper around each other...indeed, probably because of all these things, there is a spark between Ram and Priya. In the precap when they show Ram come and stand behind Priya as she faces out towards the rain...you get a jolt of excitement, a sense of rightness. There is this...chamak that surrounds them when they are together, this bubble of light and sparkles. Life picks up pace a little more, the world is brighter, more vibrant; sounds are louder. Even I can see this - from this side of the screen. I don't know how they do it. There is not a SINGLE word spoken in that precap. But that precap is more exciting to me than anything I have seen today. It's a little thing called magic. And, of course, it's "meta-magic". We, the audience, see and feel the magic but also, don't Priya and Ram also feel that magic within the confines of the show? Isn't that why they get so animated around each other? ...Beautiful...loved what you wrote here...it was purely magic...

Edited by Chitrita - 12 years ago
Chitrita thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@Anu, Mahi, Nish, Suganthi...wonderful analysis as always...
bikerider thumbnail

Originally posted by: psawyer

Now, we know that Ram is the man Priya will marry,

how are you so sure, nothing is sure in ekta mai's serial πŸ˜†

so we know that Vineet mein koi na koi khot zaroor hoga. Otherwise such a seemingly perfect man even Priya will not reject last minute.

yes they need to have some reasons i am sure ekta mai will get one πŸ˜†πŸ˜›
I will not scratch my brain over it , as with experience i know she has the nack
of bringing one of the unthinkable reasons πŸ˜†πŸ‘

But suppose this was not a love story between Ram and Priya. Suppose this was simply a story about Priya finding the right guy for her, and there was no Ram involved. Would Vineet fit  the bill? He said all the right things; in fact he said all the things before Priya could say them, before she even got a word in edgeways. But is that enough? Is saying - or even believing - the right things enough? Could Vineet be the right man for Priya? I am the kind of person that believes in the dictum "if it's too good to be true, it's probably false". I think that life would be extremely boring if we all were the "perfect" people - never fight, never argue, never have a differing opinion etc. Chalo no drinking no smoking is fine...many people abstain from those things. Those are not the things that make a person interesting. But can two people be truly, completely, deeply happy when there is absolutely NO conflict of any sort? I am not so sure.

oh dear do not worry nothing of that sort is going to happen, they cannot make ram jump
and marry priya na that to when he has the opnion on priya " she is equal to 10 man πŸ˜†"
vinit is the time pass for us πŸ˜›

The things that we all love about Ram are that he is NOT perfect; by no means. He is often rude, snobbish, a control freak and has a weird thing about cleanliness. He doesn't like rain, or traffic, or time wasters. But he is sweet, and awkward, and protective. He knows how to apologise, how to tease, how to be teased. He is vulnerable, sad, lonely. He is ruthless in business, decisive and determined. He is all of these things, and yet he is not perfect.

yes and our all perfect priya is perfect for him πŸ˜†πŸ˜³ i am waiting for priya to make
paratas for him ,  and also making him jog πŸ˜†πŸ˜

Who would you rather pick? Forgetting the "RaYa" element, just purely on the basis of a deeper question - who would YOU pick? The non-confrontational guy who says all the right things, never argues with you and agrees to let you live your life exactly the way you want it? Or the guy who most probably will agree with you only 50% of the time, will argue and fight his corner, will  make you laugh, and cry, and love and hate? I know which I would choose.

nice name πŸ‘ i was actually searching for one πŸ˜† if you do not mind, i will use this name in my signature  i am only for RAYA in this serial else i will vanish 😑

Priya is very perceptive. Her hesitation towards Vineet was not due to her leaning towards Ram; I don't think she has yet leant towards him in that way, and neither has he with her. Her hesitation towards Vineet was based solely on him and her reaction towards him. She was blind-sided from the moments she stepped into the house, and confused by her own inertia and her own non-reaction to him. Here is a guy who is pushing all the right buttons, saying all the right things, giving me everything I want. Why am I still not sure?

yes she does not yet know to be wary of all right guys πŸ˜† but i am still intersted to know how
this shadi will be roked πŸ˜†πŸ˜‰

This is a common dilemma for women, I believe. The "good guy-bad boy" syndrome. Ram is not a "bad boy", but in comparison, Vineet is practically a saint. But he's vanilla. And Ram is swirling chocolate, and pecan, and brandy and all the nice and naughty things. (And here I make myself hungry πŸ˜†).

I really want to know how ekta has the capability to make us fall in love with her jodies πŸ˜†
iknow there are quite a bit in serial world but never like the one she makes πŸ˜†

It is endlessly fascinating to me how women - myself included - are almost always drawn to the guy who is slightly "unsafe", or who makes us react in some extreme way, good or bad. Or a guy who challenges us. The so-called good guy who doesn't have any bad qualities can make for a very boring life partner. This is why I don't like mahaan characters - they are too good, and always right. How do you argue with someone like that? Life is grey, not black and white. I have always identified with the grey-ish characters more than those who do no wrong. 

Of course, since we know that this is a show about RP, and since we suspect that Ram had sent this guy (as evidenced by his remark "Priya's liked him" in the boardroom),

This is surprise i have doubt on nuts sending him, lets see πŸ˜†

we know that something will happen tomorrow to break off this so-called rishta. What, I don't know. But isn't it strange how these things work? Her entire family is singing this guy's praises, and though Priya acknowledges that he seems to be perfect...uska dil nahin maanta. Her gut instincts, her perception, these are all warning her that this is not the way to go. We all have this gut instinct; the problem arises when we fail to understand it. I hope Priya does not fail to understand it,

nothing will happen tommrow πŸ˜† ram may give in πŸ˜†

Despite all their fighting, their misunderstandings, the way they get so hyper around each other...indeed, probably because of all these things, there is a spark between Ram and Priya. In the precap when they show Ram come and stand behind Priya as she faces out towards the rain...you get a jolt of excitement, a sense of rightness. There is this...chamak that surrounds them when they are together, this bubble of light and sparkles. Life picks up pace a little more, the world is brighter, more vibrant; sounds are louder. Even I can see this - from this side of the screen. I don't know how they do it. There is not a SINGLE word spoken in that precap. But that precap is more exciting to me than anything I have seen today. It's a little thing called magic. And, of course, it's "meta-magic". We, the audience, see and feel the magic but also, don't Priya and Ram also feel that magic within the confines of the show? Isn't that why they get so animated around each other?

no they are not aware and thats the fun part πŸ˜† and i am pretty sure even if they get married for
whatever reason they will take quite some time to realise their pyar πŸ˜†

As much of a romantic as I am, I would love to believe in the concept of soulmates. Unfortunately, the other half of me is a major cynic. I believe in soulmates, but I don't think they exist in today's real life. Or do they? Does anyone here have stories of their own to share - of their loved ones and other halves? Is there magic in your lives? Is the world a brighter place because you made the right, instinctive choice? Or do you believe that there is no such thing as the "right" choice, only the practical one? Do you think that a person can make themselves love anyone, fit in with anyone, make a home and a family with anyone?

sorry even i am more cynic as much as romantic, πŸ˜† i like to keep romantic side of mine mostly to serial πŸ˜†  otherwise being practical helps πŸ˜†

nice to know that you are in same boat as me worried about RAYA πŸ˜ƒ
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
 Your posts are brilliant! Funny enough the questions u put forth was raised in my ESL classroom. I have students from many different parts of the world. Most of them were curious abt arranged marriages. Only my student from India and I had an arranged marriage. My Indian student said hers was an arranged marriage but they fell in love after their marriage.  My Spanish couple in  my class believed in love marriages and  mentioned  that there's your rib waiting for u somewhere  and u would recognise it the minute u see them. He felt that this was the girl for him out of all the others he had seen and dated when they first met . She too felt the same.  So many years of marriage and four children, I can still  see the electric sparks flying btwn them.They are like twin peas in a pod. Yes ,they are soulmates. I believe in romance and soulmates.People who find them are lucky.At the same time one should not have your head floating in the clouds that u would ignore the niggling doubts and the red flags.
Vineet though perfect husband material and what the doctor ordered  husband material for Priya somehow didn't ring in true. There was something in him which put us off. Agree with your points

Despite all their fighting, their misunderstandings, the way they get so hyper around each other...indeed, probably because of all these things, there is a spark between Ram and Priya. In the precap when they show Ram come and stand behind Priya as she faces out towards the rain...you get a jolt of excitement, a sense of rightness. There is this...chamak that surrounds them when they are together, this bubble of light and sparkles. Life picks up pace a little more, the world is brighter, more vibrant; sounds are louder. Even I can see this - from this side of the screen. I don't know how they do it. There is not a SINGLE word spoken in that precap. But that precap is more exciting to me than anything I have seen today. It's a little thing called magic. And, of course, it's "meta-magic". We, the audience, see and feel the magic but also, don't Priya and Ram also feel that magic within the confines of the show? Isn't that why they get so animated around each other? The chamak is missing btwn Priya and Vineet.

Again Priya sacrificing her  desires for her family's happiness is wrong and right Right if it's for the right guy in her lifeand wrong if it's the wrong guy.Most of the time the parents and relatives would wash off their hands saying it is your Bhagya if stuck with the wrong choice.

Regarding the show I would give a rating of 5/10.
My hunch and the light I see at the end of the tunnel is Nats and her ex eloping or getting married. Kartik would then have a narrow escape.
avivakirk thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Chitrita

@Anu, Mahi, Nish, Suganthi...wonderful analysis as always...

Agree!
-Fivr- thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Vasu jee! I just have to say that I love the way you've worded this post.. Everything you've said and every question you've posed.. I'm in the middle of a catch up spree toh I won't be able to reply in detail abhi but if I find time tomorrow I will reply.. Warna I still just wanted to make it be known k I LOVE this! πŸ€—πŸ˜³
ssroomani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Good analysis again Vasu!  πŸ‘ Love reading your posts.   BTW, call me Shobha. πŸ˜³

Glad you skipped over Nuts scene, I could not bear it either! 🀒 I don't know what Kartik is getting into, what I am hoping for is that after Nuts and Kats play catalyst for Ram and Priya getting together, Nuts disappears from the scene, whatever way it is shown and Kartik realizes his narrow escape!   On the other hand, it might be fun to watch Nuts and Shipra as DIL and MIL, but I would not miss it if it is not shown!  πŸ˜‰

I absolutely loved the expressions on Priya's face when Vineet was talking to her...😳.her surprise and disbelief that such a perfect person as she probably dreamed of can exist!  I am glad to see her recognizing that there is something wrong...hope she does act on it...really curious to know how this rishta is going to break off.  πŸ˜›

Is Ram behind this perfect groom for Priya? πŸ˜• I would prefer he is not, I just cannot believe Ram would be so manipulative as to actually send a groom for Priya, a man who has been coached to be the perfect match.  πŸ˜² Does Ram really understand Priya so well?  I doubt it!  πŸ€” I would like to believe that Vineet has fooled Ram as well and that he has an ulterior motive for wanting to marry Priya and that Ram is a victim as much as Priya is, provided Ram sent this person!   Have a feeling this breaking of rishta will be next week, leaving us to chew over the possiblities over the weekend!  πŸ˜Š

The synopsis put up the beginning of the show mentioned that Niharika is behind Ram marrying Priya, she is the one who insists on this marriage...because she wants her Nuts to be accepted in the Sharma house; she wants their daughter in her house for remote control!  πŸ€’  Story lines can change, so hoping Kartik is saved from Nuts after Ram-Priya marriage is over!

And you are right about the precap - the previous episode I was totally put off by the Nuts-Kats precap, but this episode, the precap was the best of the whole 20 minutes!  πŸ‘

As to the question you have at the end of your post, I am a romantic 😳and I believe soulmates exist, but that not everyone meets their soulmate!  πŸ˜” And I also believe soulmates may be created over a period of time if the parties concerned have patience and understanding of each other.  πŸ˜³ And while admitting that soulmates exist, I also admit I haven't met mine so far!  πŸ˜†
bikerider thumbnail
@avivakirk
no i do not think nuts and karthik will run, for that matter
somehow i feel that karthik loves nuts but also apprehensive
about marrying her !  I feel he also used priya as an excuse πŸ˜•

i feel its more of ram's step mother's kartoot that  RAY A will get married

RAYA have thick skin and skull so they will not realise their love so easily πŸ˜†

but yes i am waiting for the success to get unfold
and ekta mai it better be the good one πŸ˜†
Chitrita thumbnail
@Doodle...you here in K-serial???πŸ˜²πŸ˜•πŸ˜ŠπŸ˜³...I was a fan of your writing in GHSPπŸ˜›πŸ˜ƒ...I used to read the den..hope you start your analysis here too...