Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ShivangBuch thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Really really great topic indeed. Now what I and Lola posted were our existing posts on Orkut which were character similarity comparison just logically (slightly modified to elaborate further here - just edited - enhanced - Sita, Vibhishan, Angad, Ravan & Manthara-Shoorpankha part of my post - 2nd, 5th, 9th, 13th & 19th). The topic of this thread is much more broader and thought provoking to discuss which is not just the comparison of characters but also sequence of events and regarding the possible influence of one creation over the other. Even the common verse in both epics is very interesting thing and Vyasji following Valmikiji's pattern almost throughout is also very striking feature (And also how the life of Dwapar characters confronted similar situations as Treta characters and how they idealized or should have idealized or were directed by sages to idealize Treta characters in their conduct and how far they did that naturally and how far they did that intellectually or consciously at occasions by trying to do it). I had started reading parts of Vanparva just a few days ago - just a week before the start of this thread - coincidentally, in which I am just reading Parshuram story, Ramayan story and Hanumanji meeting Bheem. Once I will finish and will take out relevant parts of it some day slowly, I will post the abstracts of Ramayan story within Mahabharat in this thread only. Will it be right idea? This will also enable us to check out whether there is any inconsistency between VR and Ramayan within MB. But I don't promise when I will be able to finish that reading and continue in this thread. Edited by ShivangBuch - 13 years ago
...ASB100... thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
hi!!!
great topic...really interesting....hadn't thought there would be so many similarities....
Ok, i think this is already mentioned but still to reiterate it, the root cause of both the wars was a woman. Sita, in the case of Ramayana (though it could also be Shurpanaka) and Draupadi in the case of Mahabharata. 
Sorry, if this has already been mentioned but this is one similarity I've always thought about.....

-Asha
Edited by winnerasha - 13 years ago
DharmaPriyaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 12 years ago
In many sources of Ramayan, we can see that Luv Kush fought against their uncles & father. I guess it might inspire Vyas to show the war between Babhrubahan (son of Chitrangada) & Arjun at Manipur. What do you think about this, friends?