.Tanya. thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 13 years ago
Mallika Sherawat, Javed Jaffrey to judge ' Chak Dhoom Dhoom 2'

After her box-office disaster with 'Hiss', Bollywood actress Mallika Sherawat is now stepping down to the small screen to judge a dance reality show.

The actress will be adding glamour to the second season of 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom' on Colors, joining actor-comedian Javed Jaffrey and choreographer Terrence Lewis at the judges' panel. The show will mark Mallika's debut on television.

'Chak Dhoom Dhoom 2' is a team challenge which seeks to find the best group of dancers showcasing styles ranging from Cha Cha Cha, Bhangra, Hip Hop, Salsa, Ballet, Tango, Waltz, Jazz, Robotics, Locking Popping to the Lavni.

"This time around, Chak Dhoom Dhoom is going to be all about team spirit. We are looking for the best group performers. After seeing the show prosper in India, with this season, we have set out to find new talent in places as far as US, UK and UAE," said Ashvini Yardi, Programming head, Colors.

Model-turned-anchor Pravesh Rana will continue to be the host for this season as well

http://www.deccanherald.com/content/121122/mallika-sherawat-javed-jaffrey-judge.html

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Mallika takes on Madhuri!

Dhinchak dhinchak, Rapa rap, rak chik rak chik... dhinchak ..Chal hatt, muhfat, ye phod de! Mallika Sherawat will remind you of these lines from Amit Trivedi's smash hit 'Aali Re'.

The Haryanvi bombshell, who'll soon make her debut as a judge on dance reality show 'Chak Dhoom Dhoom season 2', says it like it is without giving much thought about the repercussions of her quotes. Though bindaas, Mallika sounds a tad too defensive when it comes to commenting on her 'international' film career. Renuka Vyavahare chatted up controversy's favourite child Mallika Sherawat on competing with Madhuri Dixit, foray into tv, skimpy clothes and much more at a suburban five star hotel...

Why a foray into television so early in the career? Shah Rukh, Salman, Madhuri are established actors.
My films only cater to adults. Only those above 18 can see them, that too in theatres. This is my way of reaching to the kids and senior members of the family. This is my first family show! Bikini mein toh lagti hoon hot chocolate fudge, dekhte hai kya hota hai jab mai banti hoon judge! Also, I get to reach the common man who can't afford to buy a ticket in the multiplex.

Did the debacle of Hisss prompt you to make this tv debut?
Hisss was liked by younger audiences. If the 60 year old critics didn't like it, what can I do! Woh picture buddhon ko pasand nahi aayi. I was offered various tv shows before but I didn't find them interesting enough. I've reached a stage in my career where I am not doing tv just for the money! Chak Dhoom Dhoom 'team challenge' is about providing platform to kids who are brilliant dancers and would want to pursue dance as a career. When I was young I didn't get these opportunities.

You tried your luck internationally without any backing too.
I ran away from my house to become an actor. I didn't know anyone in Bollywood either. But I try. Here in Bollywood, everyone is busy promoting their own family members...my girlfriend, my brother, my father etc. sab lagey hue hai apna vansh badhaane. It's important to go out there and attempt different things.

Your clothes often rake up controversies.
At Cannes, I dress up for the international press and audiences. Since this one is a family show, I will play the part. Ashley Rebello has designed for me and he is the one who always gets me into trouble (smiles).

You will be pitted against Madhuri Dixit now, since she judges Jhalak!
It's so unfair to compare me with Madhuri. She is a legend, an expert. I am just someone who enjoys dancing.

Jacqueline Fernandez has replaced you in Murder 2.
I have no regrets about not doing Murder 2.

Future projects?
Double Dhamaal and two other projects.

-Aysha- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5

Terence & Javed are kanjus in appreciating talent-Mallika Sherawat

Mallika Sherawat can now thank her stars for coming out of the 'Adults Only' tag and getting into the living rooms of Indian Television viewers to be part of their family time!! Well, we are talking about the 'Hiss' girl migrating from her typical item numbers to being a judge on COLORS' new reality show, Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenge..

Here is Mallika in conversation as she sets foot on Indian Television for the first time...

This is your first long stint on television. What comes to your mind when I say the name TV?
'Chitrahaar'… It was the most talked about show of that time. I used to wait every Friday to watch it and know which of the songs featured. It was my favorite show.

What do you enjoy the most on TV now?
Lots of things; I watch lots of dance reality shows, music reality shows these days.

Which is the show that you enjoyed the most?
I enjoyed last season of Chak Dhoom Dhoom, Dance India Dance and also Entertainment ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.

You are debuting on TV with COLORS' Chak Dhoom Dhoom. Why did you accept to be judge of the show?
The show has a unique format and contestants have been auditioned from the nook and corners of the country. There are people coming from the villages to be part of the show. I would say this is the perfect platform for people to showcase their talent. I was really amazed to see the kids participating in the show. I really wished I had got such an opportunity when I was a kid.

When did you dare to dance for the first time?
That was way back in my childhood. I used to love dancing, not the typical technical type though. I am basically from Haryana; I used to love Bhangda and Gida forms.

What do you expect to learn from the show?
I am learning a lot of dance forms from the show. The technical words for the dance forms are totally new to me. Kabhi meine naam bhi nahi suna hoga, aise words hai – B-Boying, Windmill and what not..

Madhuri Dixit is judging the show on another channel; do you think you have been pitched against her by purpose?
It would be very unfair if I answer this question. We look up to Madhuri always; we have grown watching her. Nobody should ask this question.

Whom do you idolize in India as well as on the International platform?
Madhuri Dixit, she is par excellence.

Tell us something about this show?
There have been so many stories going around about the contestants in the show. I would like to share an incident with you. There was this group for which the whole village has contributed so that they reach the audition stage of the show. And there was this middle class housewife who had come down from Gujarat leaving behind her belan and husband at home. They performed so sportingly well. 

In a reality show most of the time we have seen Judges having difference of opinions which results in a tiff between them. What have you to say about this?
I have nothing to say on this. All that has happened in our show has been peaceful. But I must say, 'Javed bahut lecture deta hai'. Also, both Terrence and Javed are kanjus in appreciating people. I always ask them to be bit more generous with the contestants.

Do you feel today's kids are really smart?
Yes, of course!! See, when we were kids, we did not get such a big opportunity. They have such an attitude and they do their best to catch our attention. They also get into doing dangerous acts, which I am seriously against.

Do you feel let out at times, because the other two judges on the show are Mahagurus when it comes to dancing?
I speak whatever I feel like after seeing the performance. Maine aaj tak kisiki suni hai? On a serious note, I comment only after valuing the whole entertainment package of the group.

Have you ever taken part in any competition when you were a kid?
In Haryana, there was a lot of competition and that is why I ran away from my house to become an actress.

So does that mean that you are scared of competition?
Not at all, I take competition in a healthy way. Just because of active competition in the industry, actors like us are always on our toes.  

Did you get any TV offer before Chak Dhoom Dhoom happened?
Yes, I got many offers. But I do not want to do any show for money. I am more keen on the format of the show, and only if it is interesting, I would want to take it.

You have always been known for your dressing sense from  Red Carpet of Cannes to Hollywood; what type of dressing style are your planning to wear here?
Cannes is at an international level. This show is for family audience, and I will keep this in mind when I choose my dressing style. My dresses for the show will be designed by Ashley Rebello. He designs all my clothes, and whatever controversies I have been part of for my attire are all because of him (smiles).

You have a very good rapport with Hollywood actors like Jackie Chan, Jhonny Depp; will we see them in your show?
Those are International stars who appeal to a different set of audience. I can call Jackie Chan but he has to appeal to our audience, right? If a viewer is watching the show sitting in Bhatinda,  will he know who Jhonny Depp is?

.Tanya. thumbnail

Chak Dhoom Dhoom gets its next obvious evictee!

Chak Dhoom Dhoom gets its next obvious evictee!

Check out to know who got eliminated from Chak Dhoom Dhoom this time around..

This week it will be the Kathak Rockers to bow out of COLORS' Chak Dhoom Dhoom. 

Our source states, "Dnaniax group, Kathak Rockers and Fabulous Fatakas were in the bottom three this week. Dnaniax whose performance was not appreciated by the judges last week gave an improved performance this time around. Fabulous Fatakas got a standing ovation from judges, especially Javed Jaffery. Kathak Rockers who had always stuck to their safe zone when it came to the genre of dance, got the stick from judges. Audience saved Dnaniax, while Fabulous Fatakas got more marks from judges". 

With this, the journey of Kathak Rockers comes to an end in Chak Dhoom Dhoom.. 

Don't forget to see the Chak Dhoom Dhoom eviction on Saturday..

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

.Tanya. thumbnail

Four finalists declared in Chak Dhoom Dhoom!

Four finalists declared in Chak Dhoom Dhoom!

Check here to know the names of the top four teams of COLORS' Chak Dhoom Dhoom..

COLORS' Chak Dhoom Dhoom gets its Top four this week!! 

We hear that the bottom three performers of this week were Rangeelay Remix, DManiaX and AM Unit. Our of these three groups, only two would go ahead to the semifinal stage. 

Our source states, "AM Unit were declared to be safe while DManiaX were eliminated after they got least number of votes from the judges. With this elimination, the show got its 6 semifinalists in Harinath Reddy, Fabulous Fatakas, Rock On, Rohan and Group, AM Unit and Rangeelay Remix".

Saturday's episode will see the semi-finalists performing to grab the four spots in the Finale. The theme given was 'Imagination'. Rangeelay Remix gave a refreshing performance of being underwater and dancing. The judges were very much impressed by their act. This was followed by a unique performance coming from Rock On on the imagination and talent of specially enabled kids. Rohan and Group performed on dreaming about old movies and melodies while AM Unit's performance on creatures coming to life and exploring the world was indeed special".

Talking about the Final four, our source said, "Harinath Reddy and Group, AM Unit, Rohan and Group and Rock On were declared as the four finalists of Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenge. Rock On was awarded the trophy for their innovative and creative performance". 

We hope the best team wins the coveted crown now...

Reporter and Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenge gets its Winner..

Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenge gets its Winner..

Winner of Colors TV's Chak Dhoom Dhoom declared...

The Grand Finale of COLORS' Chak Dhoom Dhoom Team Challenge has arrived, and with it the most Talented Jodi of the season will be felicitated!! 

As we know, the final fight was between the top four teams - Rohan and Group, Rock On, Harinath Reddy and Group and AM Unit. Few participants from the Season 1 of Chak Dhoom Dhoom were seen performing on stage in the Finale. 

Our source states, "It was a tough fought battle, and Harinath Reddy and Group emerged as the Winning Team. AM Unit was declared as the Second Runners-up team and Rock On was the firsr runner up team". 

"Javed Jaffery made a special announcement that the judges will give a special prize of  1 lakh rupees to Rohan and group for their hard work and great talent", adds our source. 

All the three judges Urmila MatondkarJaved Jaffrey and Terrence Lewis gave some sizzling performances on the dance floor of Chak Dhoom Dhoom.

Tellybuzz wishes Harinath Reddy Group for their victory!

Reporter: Ranjini Nair, Tejashree Bhopatkar
Author: Tejashree Bhopatkar

.Tanya. thumbnail
Terence creates world record
Choreographer Terence Lewis, judge of Color's Chak Dhoom Dhoom, broke the record for largest Bollywood class choreographed on a Bollywood song on Saturday. 
He accomplished this feat on the showGuinness World Records- Ab India Todega on Colors, hosted by Preity Zinta and Shabbir Ahluwalia.

Terence and his assistants trained the huge group for an hour before they set off to break the record at a St Theresa school grounds in Mumbai. This ground breaking feat, which was open to everyone, drew an unparalleled total of 1336 people who danced together on the song Jhoom Barabar Jhoom. Host Shabbir along with Guinness World Record Adjudicator Mr. Rob Molly, who was the designated official from Guinness World Record, declared the effort as successful. The participants were also given a T-shirt, bandana, certificate of participation and an autographed photograph of Terence as memorabilia.

The previous record was set in Australia last week where over 1,235 people led by Malaika Arora Khan shook a leg to the song Munni Badnaam Hui at Melbourne grounds.

Catch Terence's record breaking act on Guinness World Records- Ab India Todega on Colors.