15/11 Ria Ka Adda: How to Define Love..?

WildestDreams thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
THE FOLLOWING IS ON BEHALF OF SENIOR RKA-ians

1. The myth- what the argument was all about 

We hate to be the bearers of bad news but it seems that Karan and the Angels were misinformed. Here are the TRP's for KMH and other shows on Imagine. Forget about beating competition on other channels, KMH has not even made it to the top three on Imagine!! Now the Adda girls are only saying that the team needs to pull up their socks and work harder as TRP's still rule the roost...and what do we get in return? 

Imagine TV's Toppers
Serial No. Rank Date Day Start Time Programme TVR
1 40 02/11/2010 Tue 9:32 PM BABA AISO VAR DHOONDO 1.46
2 42 06/11/2010 Sat 10:01 PM RAKHI KA INSAAF 1.34
3 47 02/11/2010 Tue 9:01 PM GUNAHO KA DEVTA 1.17
4 55 01/11/2010 Mon 8:00 PM KITANI MOHABBAT HAI 1.05
5 66 02/11/2010 Tue 10:03 PM RAKT SAMBANDH 0.96
6 81 31/10/2010 Sun 8:00 PM HFF DE DANA DAN 0.83
7 88 02/11/2010 Tue 10:35 PM BANDINI 0.77
8 98 01/11/2010 Mon 6:54 PM NACHLE VE WITH SAROJ AND TEREN 0.74

Target Group : CS 4 + Yrs ; 

For the week from 31/10/2010 to 06/11/2010

Source: TAM peoplemeter system

2. The reality- 

we've spent the entire weekend conferring and consoling agitated Addians and have reached the following conclusion 

RKA has decided to put KMH2 Under Scanner - Active RKAians will decide in a few weeks whether we want to continue our" bakwaas" writing if it remains "utter crap"!

until then here's the schedule of openings. PM RKA FB if you want to take a spot (Send RKA a friend request here: http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1829281051)

Nov 15 (Monday) - Parm (italianprincess)
Nov 16 (Tuesday) -Sam (Angad_Kripa)
Nov 17 (Wednesday - Sam (Angad_Kripa)
Nov 18 (Thursday) - Jyoti06
Nov 19 (Friday) - Parm (italianprincess)

Nov 22 (Monday)- shreya
Nov 23 (Tuesday)- Jyoti06
Nov 24 (Wednesday)- Nimra
Nov 25 (Thursday)- VACANT
Nov 26 (Friday)- VACANT

PLEASE NOTE: we wish to put an end to this right now! Criticism is welcome but RKA bashers will not be spared! If we see u dissing us here or on other public forums rest assured that we shall forget our manners and God help u if we do.

Constructive criticism is what RKA is all about, STOP RIGHT HERE if u can't take it. You are free to praise here, sugarcoat if u must but u are welcome as long as u help keep this place clean

This is the last time we're writing a 'note' we've spent enough time & efforts explaining things, please do not test our patience 

~~***~~~

Ria ka Adda Rules:

We are here to have fun & at the same time provide objective feedback πŸ˜Š

1) Follow IF rules & respect each others opinion. There is a decent code of conduct you can maintain and not pounce on each other if there's a difference of opinion.

2) Actor bashing will not be tolerated. Discuss the show & characters :)

3) Please use @Name format and avoid quoting long/multiple posts.

4) First page is for episode analysis, so reserve only if you want to analyze.

5)Join us on RKA Facebook by becoming friends of "Ria ka Adda". Send us friends request and we would love to see you as part of the family! πŸ˜Š

My Takes

Hey AddaπŸ˜ƒ,

myself is Parminder aka ParmπŸ˜†

Early changed my username....old member of Adda knew me as  Parm_kaur or -Parm-

First time opening Ria Ka Adda..Till today I posted my take and replied to the other reviews but never done open RKA on Kitani Mohabbat Hai season 1.

As you know, I usually post a poem that I had written after watching the epi based on the theme of the day…if there is any one πŸ˜†.

TodayI didn't write a poem but a short story..Hope you'll like it.

LOVE

The story opens with a walk of a father and a girl, in a park. It was a beautiful June day in the park and there were so many people. The gaze of the girl went on a rock shaped like a heart. The girl asked her father why the rock was shaped like a heart.
The father stood for a while to think, and immediately began to tell:

Many years ago, a pair of lovers were walking in this park. It was the dawn of August. The two walked for a long time and they stopped in front of a rock to rest. Their love was so strong, so great that they feared would one day off. They could not even imagine what would happen if the spell was gone. So the two decided to swear their love on the rock before them. What is better than a rock, strong, robust, which never changes its dimensions? They asked to themselves. So the two took the hand, is the other hand they had the freedom to put on the rock and made their oath. An oath that  would never change their love. Now their love, their thoughts live here in this rock. Their love has turned a simple heart-shaped rock.
So, even now, many young people come to pray in front of this heart, so that their love never change, just like the two lovers.

After hearing this story, they returned home, and the child thought it was just one: Will I ever meet the true love?

In that moment a lady passed near the window and heard her and spoke:

The most important thing in life is to love someone.
The second most important thing in life is to have someone who love you. A third and more important is that the first two things happen simultaneously.

And a Poem

Sometimes I think 

How should be painful to love and not to be loved,
the next moment I am convinced that

this is nothing compared to not being able to love.

That's all from my side people

Take care

Hugs&Love

Parm

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

natz thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
RESERVED- 

not for episode analysis

---edited---

the following is based on the first two weeks (except Friday- Nov 12th) I appreciate the fact that both Karan & Kritika are veterans by now and obviously won't like it if a layperson tells them how to do their job but then RKA isn't an instruction manual for the actors. None of us have ties to the entertainment business but years of soap watching has taught us to appreciate a job well done.

KMH2 has serious problems in my opinion- and most of them are NOT Karan or Kritika's fault but we point out the flaws because the actors read (or once read) RKA. So here goes:

1. The title montage is VERY misleading! It is a soap's visiting card and the current montage implies that KMH2 is a teenage saga; which it clearly isn't. The family angle, actors like DJ, RPS & Kartar Singh's rivalry- there's something for EVERYONE in it! It's time the makers USED that to their advantage!

2. The title track (duet) is very catchy, but not having a title track is a disappointment. If the channel/ production house takes the time to shoot something half as good as season 1 they could use it to promote the show BIG TIME! Not everybody has the time to watch a few episodes to decide if a soap is good, but (almost) everybody can spare a minute and half to listen to (and watch) a song and say, hey, that seems nice- I should check it out. That is how I (and a couple of other friends) started watching season 1!

3. Arjun Singhania is a don NOT a buffoon/ hopeless romantic/ emotional fool please make him look and act like one! Karan's acting has been NOTHING to write home about so far, but I'll bail him out because I think the loopholes in the character are bigger than the Atlantic ocean! Please CV's! I suggest you go read Sheldon's Rage of Angels and recreate Michael Moretti 😳 you will never regret it! Karan please read the book and see if you can suggest appropriate changes; me thinks the ''creatives'' at BT are not bothered! 😳

4. Arohi is bubbly, talkative, full of life and we like it! But Kritika really needs to understand the character a little better 😳 she is one of the finest actors on TV today, a lot of us liked her more than Karan in season 1. So we're NOT bashing when we say she needs to tone down a bit! And please work on the throat darling 😳 may I suggest warm water and honey in the mornings? 😳 you sound a bit croaky to me this time 😳

5. A successful story needs STRONG  satellite characters! You guys have a platoon this time! Please use them properly! This random ''now you see me now you don't'' will damage the soap so quick you wouldn't know what hit you! Give them a proper story!! And whip them if you have to tell them to stop whining and start acting! And yes, I mean you Parul Gulati!! πŸ₯± Arjun's elder bro needs an earful too!! Puneet Tejwani is awesome! But Chikoo dwindles between comedy and amentia- is he the fool or is he the comedian? I would prefer the latter. The creatives have got to DECIDE!

6. EDITING! πŸ˜‘ wake up guys!! Half of this season's problems are courtesy soap world's most pathetic editing/ episode packaging department! *sigh*

7. Minor but crucial- Arjun's wardrobe! Of all people on Adda Kat was the first one to express her disapproval on the green vest and crop pants. The Angels told me in a li'l conversation that Karan has done ''super shopping'' from FL and ''will be doing his own styling''  I have to say, there's better stuff in Sarojini Nagar Market Karan! πŸ˜† what are we supposed to make of that??  you expect us to ooh and aah even if you're in rags? What good will that do to your career? πŸ˜• And please GET OUT OF THAT SUIT! I've seen enough of it! If BT's too poor to get you more you buy some, cos if you can use your own car for shoots you can use your suits too!

8. I'm SO glad salwar kameez is not all that Arohi's wearing this season. But whatever she's worn is PATHETIC! The dress looked very elegant on Kritika though!

9. The dialogues need to be more crisp. Especially for Arjun, ahh chaddo!! Arjun needs poor character revamping! 

10. Future reference- song selection and choreography department!  are you guys even around?? πŸ˜† tu jaane na was so bad it put me to sleep! Even KKsq's sizzling chemistry couldn't save it for me. A- the song selection was pathetic given the situation, B- the dance was totally thanda πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ we know Karan can't dance to save his life but even he could have done better!

This is it for now, it's Eid tomorrow and I'm hosting a dinner for some friends. So will take the die-hard fan's advice (you know who you are- and I wanna tell you I don't like you πŸ˜†) and ''go back to my busy real life''

I am not commenting on the episode because I did not watch it. Most of my friends know why. But I will happily repeat my sob story for those who don't πŸ˜† I AM NOT WATCHING KMH BECAUSE OF WHAT HAPPENED ON FRIDAY. I was away all day so thankfully nobody's said anything to me but RKA and my ''useless virtual family'' is quite important to me. I believe that if the actor/s and their allies (not hinting at the fans) had behaved more responsibly things would have remained in control. I am aware of the fact that a few Addians reacted, but they are just fans at the end of the day! I'd like to think that an actor is way too busy to even notice what a couple of ''haters'' (as people call us) have to say. Actors cannot control thousands of people that are ''too attached'' to them but I will hold them responsible for the comments of the few that are close to them.

I have taken ''the ultimate fans'' advice and decided to detach myself for the time being which means I am not watching the show, have unjoined KKsq and the show's fan pages and don't give a damn about what happens anywhere. My only concern is RKA and I will repeat what I have written on RKA FB:

RKA wishes to clarify that the TRP info we've dug up is NOT meant to demean the actors or the show! WE LOVE IT and WE CARE! Which is why we felt it was necessary to inform the concerned parties that they need to try harder. Conflicts will NOT be tolerated and those who agitate (for or against RKA) will be REMOVED from our friends list and REPORTED! We've had enough excitement to last a virtual lifetime! 

I will return when I get over what's happened- Ciao 😊😊
Edited by natz - 13 years ago
AnjanaYYZ thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Opps fell asleep🀣  Sowwiee... promise to catch up on Kekta Conphusion tonite. 

Edited by AnjanaToronto - 13 years ago
pavs thumbnail

am super irritated with the episode...i cnt find head or tail in the epiπŸ˜•...some pointers::

1)kartar singh-rudra face off set a nyc tempo in the beginning of the epi..both are good actors but mohan kapoor takes the cakeπŸ‘..the guy has an impressive personality and acts like a dream..i need more scenes of him...but frankly speaking am bored of these empty threats they keep giving each other every few episπŸ₯±... we understand tht they cnt stand each other n both r looking for opportunity to bring each other down...kartar coming all the way to give the wedding card and some hollow words seem πŸ˜•

2) I feel bad for arjun..he has seriously nothing new to say to the enemies(rajvir n company ) except 'main apni family ke liye kuch bhi karunga' 'main apne dad ke liye kuch bhi karunga...yawn🀒 dialogue writers these 2 lines hv been used atleast 10 times...plzz give him some new lines!

3) gauri is a very irritating character..i especially hate women who lack self respect n she is this perfect eg... i cnt relate to all this naatak of taking pills n all dat to kill yourself.when you didnt even have a relationship with the concerned guy. N the sequence of her taking pills ws OTT..n look at the potency of the pill..in 5 hrs she is all hale and hearty..bakwas😑

4) We were already lost in the sea of innumerable faces but to add to our confusion we have another dumb addition..gauri kya kam thi now we hv to jhelofy her sister...ekta shud really understand tht too many cooks spoil the broth..i feel the story is seriously losing its flow and ekta shud really do sth abt it before things go out of hand.

5)gauri-arohi friendship lacks that zing n chemistry...gauri looks like a wilted flower and arohi the ever chirpy buffoon..actors shud try n bring in some genuine warmth and depthπŸ˜•

sry for the overy criticism but truly the epi ws a big let down..hope to see some better epis from tom.
Edited by pavs - 13 years ago
jyoti06 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 9 Thumbnail + 8
Reserved...

Quick thoughts on the episode

KMH first half was good and grippingπŸ‘πŸΌ..

second half din't make sense to me..why introduce another new character..that too Gouri's sister out of nowhereπŸ˜•...

I can say Ekta is highly confused with her storyline..its going nowhere and juggling around multiple characters and tracks..... 😊
Edited by jyoti06 - 13 years ago

res

EDITED

A Okay Okay Episode.....alot going on today....

the showdown btw Kartar Singh and Rudra Pratap was intense and was shocking and suprising tos see this side of Rudra....even though he is don....he follows his principles...i like it a man who likes to keep his words.

And shocking to see Arjun going against Dadd......whats this? wheres the josh of the khoon that listens to his father? I'm very outraged they portrayed him as a person who can do anything for his father and now suddenly the one person he loves most ....he is suddenly going against his wishes and getting involved in family matters? An interesting twist i guess it was bound to happen Ekta mahiya can't live without showing kids who go against their parents wishes only to land themselves in a whole lot of trouble later. πŸ₯± kinda boring but looking forward to it...

The killer of this episode was his Smirk....OMG i think my heart skipped a beat when Arjun did the smirk towards the end of the scene.....that was for me the highlight...πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘

After that ....i was just lostt.....there was alot of rushing going on in the story especially with wedding decision. it was messed up alott.....

GARUI is intense deewani i gotta say...i don't why but i seem to like this girl...because even though arjun does not feel anything for her...she knows what she feels and her heart just can't let go of that feeling..its nice to some sense in this show atleast but then i'm glad she has finally accepted her fate instead of fighting against it.

and WHY are you introducing another character when there are so many already being sidelined?

DId you just forget Chikuu....? and now this simi whats the point of bringing her inthe story when your gonna give her two three scenes and then on she will be a filler for 1 - 2 minutes scnes?

So Some tips:
Arjun you are a don...starting acting like it..TOUGHEN UP

Arohi &Garui add some feelings, if you both are bachpan ke friends...then it should seem like it ...but all i get a two girls who are talking to each other there should be some depth

Chiku jii why are you still here? did you not get the memo ekta mahiya just introduced another characterπŸ˜† so your job as a filler is over...

Ekta Jii ...this is my sincere request please get the story straight ....first you have too many characters in this story and your introducing more...and then the plot is all messed up...SO Please keep the story simple ....yet add the ZING...otherwise i see a very dark future for KHM2

Sajjal

Edited by -Sajjal- - 13 years ago
Angad_Kripa_200 thumbnail
Just an average episode... Got not much to say about... Apart from the interesting face-off between Kartar Singh-Rudra Pratap and Arjun-Rajveer, nothing exciting happened...

Loved the interaction between Kartar Singh and Rudra Pratap... It was intense and full of fireworks... Although felt Karan's expression was pretty weak... He had more of a constipated look, than a look of anger... But Rudra Pratap really impressed me today... Even though he is a bad guy, he is definitely a guy with principles... And what happened to Arjun suddenly... Abhi se he is going against his daddy pyaare... Daddy didn't want to involved families but looks like Arjun aint gonna listen... This will definitely be a treat to watch.... But the promos are kinda misleading because its Arjun's dad provoking him but on the other hand he is talking about principles to Mikhail... Time to get the plot right CVs....

The face-off between Arjun-Rajveer was quite well... Karan did a great job in that scene and must say I loved the smirk he had towards the end of the scene... Mikhail is quite clever... Even though Rajveer had problems with him, he let Arjun fight his battle thinking that "Ek nishana aur do shikari"...

As for the rest of the episode... It was not that entertaining... It was rushed a lot for which there were too many bloopers... Kartar Singh says wedding is in a week and then a while later Arohi says two days left for wedding...Then later on Arohi gives a deadline of seven days to Gauri to make her decision... On the fifth day, Arohi goes to see her and get her answers... I was like yeh kya ho raha hai... Next moment, Gauri faints because of having too many sleeping pills... Doubt it was the sleeping pills, I think it was Arohi's BO that actually got her to faint because Arohi didn't change her dress for five days... Arohi rushes her to the hospital and then she is back on her feet all healthy within five hours... Wow, this girl must definitely has some sort of special powers... She recovers so quickly... The last scene was entertaining seeing Arohi get jealous of a girl... Dadiji was quite fun... And the new girl Gauri... Well got nothing to say about her... But characters kya already kam the ke aur character agaya...

Anyways, overall verdict... Show needs to pick up in terms of story and script... Dialogues are good and acting is improving but there is still scope... Lets see what happens to Arohi when she goes out in search of her "Mr. 12'o' clock"...

BUT scriptwriters, please get the FACTS right because we the audience do watch the serials properly, so you guys who are writing the scripts should know well about these facts... Its quite irritating to see you make mistakes because KMH is a special show and it should be faced have such mistakes and blunders...!!!...
Edited by Angad_Kripa_200 - 13 years ago
BheegiBasanti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Hello Adda,

Hang on...yun gayi aur yun aayi..ok?

*splashed water on the face to wake up dead brain cells long enough to write a few lines*

Ok...where were we....oh yeah...Hello Adda...🀣

I barely managed to stay awake through the episode. So forgive me for typos, grammar and all that jazz...just writing this much feels like an exercise in futility! I love writing...especially if what I write can give a creative team some valuable feedback on their product. But if a team can put out such bakwaas time and time again, then clearly they do not respect themselves or their abilities...neither do they respect their viewer if they think such stuff will fly for long.

Hang on...

*rolls on the ground in laughter πŸ€£ to try and stay awake for a few more minutes*

Ok...where were we....oh yeah...Hello Adda...🀣...just kidding!

So...today was a very average episode. The only thing consistent is my opinion...the things that I think need change...stay the same. πŸ€”

1. Kahani purani hai: I have no problem with the team using a tried and tested plot...but everything about the packaging...the script, screenplay & execution feels stale. I wish they would see Omkara to get a lesson on how to take an old story and package in an new & innovative way. Its my favorite Hindi movie by the way. πŸ€“

2. Character pe character...pe character:
I am all for multiple tracks and having solid surrounding characters to keep a story moving but this series has taken it to a new level. There are so many people competing for the few remaining brain cells I have that I can barely remember any. None of these characters are even remotely memorable or leave an imprint on the viewers mind. And in this khichdi...another one entered today.

3. Acting: I am very disappointed with the level of acting....everybody seems to be taking on the extreme facets of their character and emoting that. For e.g. Angry young don does not mean keeping the same serious expression all the time. Similarly, being a happy-go-lucky gal does not mean always talking loudly and getting in every body's face. 😳

4. Creativity: After two weeks now, I am yet to see an episode with a solid screenplay and fantastic execution. There is nothing about this story or how it is being presented that is connecting with me at all. πŸ˜”

Rather than say more, I will stop now as my brain cells cannot be revived anymore. πŸ₯±

As a new viewer of this show, I came with an open mind and no preconceived opinions or judgments. I really want to give this show a fair shot...but am at the end of my rope. πŸ˜’

Cheers,
Jaya
Edited by darlunia - 13 years ago
Quirky thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Episode is sucking big time...this whole chor poilce kahani is NOT interesting anymore...Thinking of chucking the show but saw the new ad so waiting for a miracle!!! πŸ€ͺ Maybe I should just watch SGP...or my all time fav star world shows..😊 
Angad_Kripa_200 thumbnail
@ Sanz... SGP just rocks... Its simply a breath of fresh air from all this drama and illogical shows with no plots or storylines...

@ Parm... Your short story was amazing... Where do you get such brilliant ideas... Landmarks of love are just a brilliant thing and I wish one day I can go to such a landmark and just pray for the right person to come along...!!!... Brilliant...