Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago

Originally posted by: music_masala

Sugandha is a breath of fresh air. Love her singing, comedy, personality.

What do you think about abhilasha?😊
Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

I dont think contestants have that much control over which songs they pick...I think they might be given 2-3 and have to pick one...Sniti has been given better songs same with Kamal...Sugandha has been given more bollywood and same for Abhilasha...It is not contestants fault in that... I am also sure of Abhilasha being classically trained..Not sure if Hindustani or Carnatic music though...😳

I used to love theme round where everyone was judged on similar type songs...

I am confident Sugandha would do wonderful with Classical, Semi classical, Folk , Sufi or Bollywood slow-fast numbers...

Jugalbandhi between Sugandha-Sniti would be an awesome treat to witness and hear πŸ˜ƒπŸ‘

2 days back I heard Nihira  Joshi's classical Bandish in malkauns raga which she performed during Gurupurnima 2006...Such a wonderful 19 min performance...Never heard her b4 singing classical...πŸ‘ Courtesy of Ahonkan and Govindbhai πŸ˜ƒ

Carnatic music - Abhilasha I mean.
Padma
P.S.: Totally off topic-I love your profile pic.
rajucole thumbnail

Originally posted by: musicmuse

breath loud and clear.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: lotus1963

Carnatic music - Abhilasha I mean.
Padma
P.S.: Totally off topic-I love your profile pic.

Thanks Padma for confirming Abhilasha's training in Carnatic Music...I had a hunch but was not sure...Thanks for liking my AV pic of my Poonster....RIP Poonster 😭😭😭
lifeztuf thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Sad to say but completely disappointing performance by Sugandha(Jaiye Aap Kahan). Harquaten were ok(though at couple places it wasnt refined the way it shd be) but because of falsetto again she missed sur at lot of places.  I wonder why 'Sur choote' Vishal didnt point it out today. Apart from that, voice sounded frail at certain places.What Wajid said was pointed out by Anamika long time back (and I completely agree to that) and Vishal didnt understand the point. Wajid was not talking of changing the voice in different songs or where the situation demands the voice to change in a particular song, he was talking of the voice change in a song like this where it shdnt change i.e. it shd stay the same throughout. Very rightly pointed out by Wajid.
Here I must say that Abhilasha has done a great job with voice modulation. Her Tere Liye and Pehla Nasha had different voice texture but she maintained it throughout. πŸ‘πŸΌ Edited by lifeztuf - 13 years ago
Padmajaan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Thanks Padma for confirming Abhilasha's training in Carnatic Music...I had a hunch but was not sure...Thanks for liking my AV pic of my Poonster....RIP Poonster 😭😭😭

Oh no!! I am still not at all over the untimely and awful and sudden way in which my adopted from the streets (actually he adopted me when he was barely 2 weeks old and had been removed from his litter by an idiot! Grrrrr) 5 and a half year old furry baby left me forever a little less than 2 months back!! Rex was his name and he was my baby in the truest sense of the word, my companion at all times and the light and joy of my life. Miss him so much!!CryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCryCry
music_masala thumbnail

Originally posted by: musicmuse

πŸ˜†I am not an expert but in my opinion, The three ladies left in the competiton have lot of strengths.Abhilasha has the most playback singer's voice but she could not get much in Bollywood after finishing with Voice of India and she is back in another competition. To be successful in Bollywood is another ballgame.
music-a-muse thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: music_masala

πŸ˜†I am not an expert but in my opinion, The three ladies left in the competiton have lot of strengths.Abhilasha has the most playback singer's voice but she could not get much in Bollywood after finishing with Voice of India and she is back in another competition. To be successful in Bollywood is another ballgame.

Thanks for replyingπŸ˜†
rongtequeen thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
On Sat it felt as though Sugandha is blowing our famous conch-shell with one finger pressed over one nostril of hers.

i mean that as a compliment

because conch is blown for auspicious occasions only

for victory of good over evil in the mood of Diwali

it has a  good sound texture ----->  the conch shell
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Sugandha and her talent @ producing Conch sound is amazing...That is such a great feeling to hear it...Good over bad-evil...She is one multi talented gal...

Hope she goes far in this contest...