Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 13 years ago
well though Sniti is my FAVOURITE there is no denying Sugandha's enormous talent and potential.
yes she is equally good a classical but is being typecast as a non-serious singer and just a mimic artist.

i wish I get to hear her and Sniti fight it out in classical round like I have memories of Anwesha and Aishwarya in Chote ustaad -1. Best of luck to both.
Dabulls23 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: mintyblue

well though Sniti is my FAVOURITE there is no denying Sugandha's enormous talent and potential.

yes she is equally good a classical but is being typecast as a non-serious singer and just a mimic artist.

i wish I get to hear her and Sniti fight it out in classical round like I have memories of Anwesha and Aishwarya in Chote ustaad -1. Best of luck to both.

Hey MB someone thought many did not get your topic post ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฒ But I sure did ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I wrote this the day Sugandha sang "Bhore Bhaye" ..Wanted a classical round where top 4 can fight it out and winner would simply rise...I yet have not heard Sniti, Abhilasha nor Kamal sing totally classical rendition like Sugandhas...It would be a treat to the viewers if our wish is made to come true ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

A & A were fantastic in CU...
sushrutapandey thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I think she is the best overall in terms of versatility and training among the girls. Sniti is very different and cannot be judged on a general sense.Abhilasha sings well but somehow she never lives up imo.
lifeztuf thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail

Sugandha has been quite consistent in her performances and there is no denying that she is the most versatile of all(including the male contestants). But I would love to hear more classical singing(atleast semi-classical songs) rather than the new bollywood numbers that she has been singing for quite sometime now. And yes, it will be a delight to hear Sniti and Sugandha together in a jugalbandi.

Edited by lifeztuf - 13 years ago
Dabulls23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lifeztuf

Sugandha has been quite consistent in her performances and there is no denying that she is the most versatile of all(including the male contestants). But I would love to hear more classical singing(atleast semi-classical songs) rather than the new bollywood numbers that she has been singing for quite sometime now. And yes, it will be a delight to hear Sniti and Sugandha together in a jugalbandi.

I dont think contestants have that much control over which songs they pick...I think they might be given 2-3 and have to pick one...Sniti has been given better songs same with Kamal...Sugandha has been given more bollywood and same for Abhilasha...It is not contestants fault in that... I am also sure of Abhilasha being classically trained..Not sure if Hindustani or Carnatic music though...๐Ÿ˜ณ

I used to love theme round where everyone was judged on similar type songs...

I am confident Sugandha would do wonderful with Classical, Semi classical, Folk , Sufi or Bollywood slow-fast numbers...

Jugalbandhi between Sugandha-Sniti would be an awesome treat to witness and hear ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ‘

2 days back I heard Nihira  Joshi's classical Bandish in malkauns raga which she performed during Gurupurnima 2006...Such a wonderful 19 min performance...Never heard her b4 singing classical...๐Ÿ‘ Courtesy of Ahonkan and Govindbhai ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
lifeztuf thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
That might be possible Varsha(regarding songs given to the performers) If that is so, the SRGMP team is underutilising both Sugandha and Abhilasha. I am really disappointed with Abhilasha's song selection especially, as she was one contestant I was looking forward to hear when the show started. We hardly knew the other contestants. I had noticed Sugandha and Kamal from the audition rounds though and knew they had a lot of potential and I was happy that Abhilasha has participated in SRGMP and I'll definitely get to hear some awesome melodies of yesteryears. But alas..If the show MD or mentors are choosing the songs, they should atleast try some variety in song selection.

BTW where did Nihira perform? In LA?
Dabulls23 thumbnail

Originally posted by: lifeztuf

That might be possible Varsha(regarding songs given to the performers) If that is so, the SRGMP team is underutilising both Sugandha and Abhilasha. I am really disappointed with Abhilasha's song selection especially, as she was one contestant I was looking forward to hear when the show started. We hardly knew the other contestants. I had noticed Sugandha and Kamal from the audition rounds though and knew they had a lot of potential and I was happy that Abhilasha has participated in SRGMP and I'll definitely get to hear some awesome melodies of yesteryears. But alas..If the show MD or mentors are choosing the songs, they should atleast try some variety in song selection.

BTW where did Nihira perform? In LA?

Whoever is selecting songs they are not equally distributing them by genre...TOP 4 Kamal, Sugandha, Sniti and Abhilasha...Most versatile we agree has been Sugandha...

In a way I do agree with Amukta that this show is about finding the most versatile singer or atleast that is what is supposed to be for Playback singing...I agree Mentors should try giving them equal opportunity songs meaning we can judge fairly amongst all...

Having TOP 4 singing classical will only tell us abt their training and talent...Wont be the indicator for the winner of the show...To me it does not matter who wins b/c my pick has only won once or twice amongst all the shows between few channels ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Nihira performed this bandish in Pune in 2006...She has not come back to LA since her last trip to e. coast and Atlanta from what i remember..

Hemu and Karu are in US but I am yet to find out if they are coming to LA..

Last I received flyer on Raja coming with Alka Yagnik to Long Beach, CA on Nov 13th...

Edited by Dabulls23 - 13 years ago
music_masala thumbnail
Sugandha is a breath of fresh air. Love her singing, comedy, personality.
khushboo16 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: rajucole

i fully support you.  sugandhha is a total package. i cannot say about abhilasha and to some extend about sniti.  if abhilasha is so talented then why did not she sing sufi song i mean pure sufi song.  because she cannot.  therefore she sang gulzar song!!!!!!!!!!!๐Ÿ˜†

right behind u guys not everyday is same for all singer ranjeet even kamal had those days but they came back harder than ever and so will she i love suganda
mintyblue thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
๐Ÿ˜Š

Originally posted by: Dabulls23

Hey MB someone thought many did not get your topic post ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ฒ But I sure did ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

I wrote this the day Sugandha sang "Bhore Bhaye" ..Wanted a classical round where top 4 can fight it out and winner would simply rise...I yet have not heard Sniti, Abhilasha nor Kamal sing totally classical rendition like Sugandhas...It would be a treat to the viewers if our wish is made to come true ๐Ÿ˜ƒ 

A & A were fantastic in CU...

Hey varsha jee those ar emy top 4 as well๐Ÿ‘