Obsession Over Male Child

MaahiiVe thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 13 years ago
Honestly, every other TV shows goes on and on about Waaris / Vansh ko aage badhaane wala etc etc. I find all of this rather heartbreaking. A female child carries exactly as much familial DNA as does the male child. Both are produced and created exactly the same way. God made both males and females, both are equally necessary for reproduction.

It really disturbs me when I see families (such as Ramji here) go on and on about the importance of a male child. I really honestly fail to understand how the value of a child can be different just because of gender, I simply fail to see the logic behind this! ðŸ˜”

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

neela226 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
this is still the thinking of many old generation people that the son will carry on the family name. people dont have logic that boys cant even be born without women, so if women keep having boys only, there wont be anyone to have the next generation waarises. ramakant also makes me angry the way he is treating krish just because krish iusnt his own blood. he almost let krish fall the other day. even if hes not their own blood, its called humanity
Edited by neela226 - 13 years ago
MaahiiVe thumbnail

Originally posted by: neela226

this is still the thinking of many old generation people that the son will carry on the family name. people dont have logic that boys cant even be born without women, so if women keep having boys only, there wont be anyone to have the next generation waarises. ramakant also makes me angry the way he is treating krish just because krish iusnt his own blood. he almost let krish fall the other day. even if hes not their own blood, its called humanity

I understand the family name part, but actually I don't - isn't it rather superficial a reason? I don't know, but I believe that the person you are is the most important, and if a daughter does something good (even after marriage), she will still be acknowledged and she is still your daughter (regardless of last name). To hanker after the name-based recognition is simply to be hungry for fame, which belittles the point of a good deed anyways.

Plus, as a lady you could choose to hang on to your maiden name.

All this is just my opinion! 😊
meenu2007 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
true and I agree with u all. One more thing in this.........Yes the kids carry equal part of mother and father's DNA but interesting part in this that every child carry only mothers mitrocondrial DNA......this can never be changed thats how the scientist found the ancestery .......................so logically it should be the girl who actually keep the vansh going..................not the boys..............
MaahiiVe thumbnail

Originally posted by: meenu2007

true and I agree with u all. One more thing in this.........Yes the kids carry equal part of mother and father's DNA but interesting part in this that every child carry only mothers mitrocondrial DNA......this can never be changed thats how the scientist found the ancestery .......................so logically it should be the girl who actually keep the vansh going..................not the boys..............

Haha.. Good Point! Imagine trying to explain that to Ramji.. 😆
MOTHERHOOD thumbnail
I am very dishearted to see this types of things in Hindi soaps.Why discriminate between a male and female child?And how can you have a male child without a female.And it is a woman who carries the child for 9 months in her womb.So actually a female makes a family and woh vansh ko age barata hain.
silvermoonlight thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 5
I know a lot of women who are not changing their names after marriage

and the kids name is hyphenated representing the mom and dads name...happens outside of India though I bet

Its funny.. I saw this movie called Matrubhoomi

Basically all the females are killed off and there is no one to marry the sons in the village

Lets just say they literally turn to and into animals...it was quite nasty but without women, men would be savage beasts only needing one thing...

bhavli thumbnail
Such concepts only make people's mentalities stronger. It's sad, I gave up on this show after they left home because of adoption. I come on the forum to read updates on the show once in a while...but it just sucks. I personally think adoption is a good thing if you can't have children...they could have reinforced that idea more strongly...so many innocent children that need homes in the country...

😒
Sid93 thumbnail
It's always Waaris, waaris, waaris!