Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Rituparnaa thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
Oh thats the way.......ok I've seen the whole BRC MB....but I think I'll better start when u ppl discuss abt some and later on I'll put mine.........
Rituparnaa thumbnail
Ok here am with one.......
For me the ever mysterious char in MB is Draupadi/Panchali.......I've read her full biography in my regional language many times.......its an awarded book also.........I just wanna if anyone interested to share abt her role in MB?Especially her weakness for Arjun always in MB........
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: Rituparnaa

Ok here am with one.......

For me the ever mysterious char in MB is Draupadi/Panchali.......I've read her full biography in my regional language many times.......its an awarded book also.........I just wanna if anyone interested to share abt her role in MB?Especially her weakness for Arjun always in MB........

Agree with your, Ritu.👏 Draupadi is also one of my fav characters in MB. Many people now misunderstand her and call her all sorts of names, but little understand her true character and realize that she was one of the purest ladies of the puranas.

I think her partiality to Arjun is understandable, because she fell in love with him when he won her in the Swayamvar. Technically, she was only supposed to be his wife, because he won her fair and square, but then because of other circumstances driven by Lord Krishna, she became the wife of all five. Imagining her position, I admire her for the loyalty she showed to all five despite her love for Arjun, because it could not have been easy. Yes, she also spoke cutting words to them at times, but that too was as their well-wisher only. She was both the fire goddess and the sensitive loyal wife.
Rituparnaa thumbnail
I know I know.............after reading her biography I was literally so painful.........uno how all of them dealt with her when they were moving to heaven?
She was the first one to be left ........coz Yudhisthar tol that since she always felt special for Arjun so she does nt deserve to go heaven at first phase.........see how much she sacrificed for them but what she got....
Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Hey folks. . . Vry interesting topic going on her so thot of putting my inputs too. . . Very rightly u guys have pointed out her love for Arjun. . N yeah rite Janaki di she said some harsh things to her husbands but according to me. . They deserved even more than wat she said. . How can they lose their wife in gambling?? Moreover how can they remain quit during her cheer haran ? ?
Rituparnaa thumbnail
Hi Dpka!
Well I wanna continue the debate but have some work right now.I'll join you right after that.Glad you liked the topic.
Panchali is the ideal lady for all those who never feared anything when it comes to the dignity of a lady.......I loved her char so much.
Her sacrifice cant be compared to anyone in MB.How diff her life bcame after being the wife of all five bros at a time that I realized after reading the biography only......
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dpka1415

Hey folks. . . Vry interesting topic going on her so thot of putting my inputs too. . . Very rightly u guys have pointed out her love for Arjun. . N yeah rite Janaki di she said some harsh things to her husbands but according to me. . They deserved even more than wat she said. . How can they lose their wife in gambling?? Moreover how can they remain quit during her cheer haran ? ?

Yeah, you are right Deeps, but in the topic of gambling I have to disagree with you.😳 See, many people misunderstand Yudhisthira as much as Panchali, and for that, he's one of my fav characters too.

For the gambling, I place only 1% blame on him and the rest of it on the Kauravas, Dhritarastra, and every other elder present in the court who did not speak up. What could Dharmaraj do? He was forced to silence because he had no power in Dhritarastra's court. Dhritarastra was equal to a father for him because his own father Pandu had died, and his order was final order for him. Dhritarastra had ordered him to play the dice game, and he took it as an order and did so. Also, even if you take the morality of the issue out of question, you will see that the Pandavas were quite helpless. They were stripped of their wealth and weapons, how could they defend themselves, let alone Draupadi?

Lord Krishna himself tells the Kauravas later on in his peace mission that they cheated the Pandavas out of their wealth and then blamed them for it as well. It was all trickery and shameful playing on the part of Shakuni, Duryodhana, and even Karna. Even Draupadi accuses Bhishma, Dronacharya, and the other elders in the court, saying her husbands are helpless, but these elders had the power to stop the game, why did they not? Draupadi, despite her anger over the situation, knows that her husbands are not to blame for their predicament, as well as hers, because they took the elders' words as Dharma and followed them like dutiful sons.

However, keeping in mind the other disucssin going on in the RS CC, it is interesting to think that as a son also, Dharmaraj had the duty to inform Dhritarastra about the wrongs of his actions, did he not? Even had Dhritarastra not listened, he should have critcized the dice game openly. So yes, some blame does go to Dharmaraj, but I do not feel he is to blame for entirely like some people believe.

Also in the Cheer Haran, they were like servants because Duryodhana 'won' them, so they could not do anything to protect themselves and Panchali, so not only her, they all too had to depend on Krishna for help, because no one else in the court was willing to help them. Their predicament was very tragic.😭
Edited by JanakiRaghunath - 13 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Hey Ritu,

Enjoyed your inputs very much! Do log back on soon. :)
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Will come back and expand on this post later as I'm on my way to class, but let me just say I'm sooooooooooooo overjoyed by that this CC's come back to life  And that my dearest Debi di is our first MitS here, HUGGEEEE congrats - hard-hitter questions waiting for you too, di 😉 And Janu.....wowzies... genius, baby 👏 Agree word for word with what you said and LOVE the idea of using both CCs as complements of one another in terms of carrying over the discussions and relating to the context of both epics at once - amwesomeness!! Andddd sooooo sowwie I haven't gotten to your req yet, school plus guests plus dad's birthday... this evening I hope. Anyways laters guys, carry on with the awesomeness!!!
Rituparnaa thumbnail
Thanks Janu.
Yeah I do agree with you that its nt only Yudhisthir but also all the elders present there over........especially Bhisma.He was the eldest and he had been entrusted to keep the dignity of the dynasty of Kauravs in tact but he failed miserably there which leaded to MB.

And though Pandavs were nt the sole to be blamed for but still it always pinches my heart that they gambled their own pride n dignity.It was nt the CheerHaran of Panchali it was infact the Cheerharan of all Pandava's dignity,respect and mightiness whatever!