Dpka1415 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 13 years ago
PIC UPDATE
POST - GEETA UPDESH

Aradhana87 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Another news..Pankaj Dheer(Karn) and Paintal (Shikhandi/Sudama)opened an acting school in mumbai..will post a video soon 😃
-PoisonIvy- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
All pics are fantastic. Thanks for posting.

I love these (3) Gita Saar episodes. Iv actually lost count of how many times I have seen them .

Cannot stop looking at Krishna in these scenes 😍

arun-deeps thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Guys just wanted to know 1 thing.....like U have made a list of B'day of our RSji's Ramayan stars😳....haven't U made dat of BRC's MB actors??😲 If U've made.....I didn't see dat on d introductory pg Btw I dropped here becoz wanted to share B'day of😛:
Nitish Bharadwaj-2nd June
Roopa Ganguly- 25 Nov, 1965

Here r some off screen pics of Nitishji I wanted to share!😳😛 Hope U'll like😛

Nitish Bharadwaj during Doctor PL Tiwari's birthday party at Express Towers in Mumbai on July 1, 2008.

Television actor Nitish Bhardwaj smiles for a snap clicked in Mumbai on January 15, 1999.

Television actor Nitin Bhardwaj, popular for playing the character of Lord Krishna in the epic serial Mahabharata, is caught on camera at his residence in Mumbai on December 1, 2000.

Techno Savvy: Television actor Nitin Bhardwaj, popular for playing the character of Lord Krishna in Mahabharata, poses while working on the computer in Mumbai on March 2, 2000.
Edited by arun-deeps - 13 years ago
Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Discussion of the Week

Bheeshma is my Most Favourite Character 😍 😍😍 after Krishna in Mahabharat. Actually I was Soooo… Influenced by Mukesh Khanna that I never wanted to listen to any criticism 😡 against the character of Bheeshma. But reading different Orkut-posts on Bheeshma has made me a bit Realistic about him😊 and look today I am trying to cast away my prejudice to Judge his action from a balanced view point😊…

At first let us consider the Situation of Amba, Ambika and Ambalika. A 'Swayamvar' gives a Lady the right to choose her own husband. But here we find Bheeshma taking the situaion in his own hands… The logic which he gives is –"Kaashi ki raajakumariya sadiyo se Kuruvanshiyo me bihate le jaati rahi hai, aaj bhi yehi hoga"- is his view of the situation.

Now this story has Various Predicament respectively to various characters.

At first let us consider the character of Kashiraaj. His sister was refused by Shantanu, so he wanted to take a Revenge on Hastinapur and decided to go against that rule of marrying off their daughter to Hastinapur... That's why he arranged for the Swayamvar (i.e.- which gave Amba the opportunity to chose a husband- Shaalva Raaj ).

So here , the parents' action gave their daughter a chance to choose her own husband, which Amba did.

Now Hasinapur (i.e.- Bheeshma and Satyavati also…) considered it as an Insult and became angry. And it is also shown that Satyavati supported this action on Bheeshma's part- that is- to bring all the three princess to Hastinapur from their Swayamvar… So, we can say, that it was a decision of the Kuru family.

I think, Bheeshma's action can surely be regarded as an Intrusion. On the other hand, it is also true that he always had the sole purpose of Hastinapur's Welfare in his mind while attempting this actions, he wanted to keep the tradition alive (and also to establish the glory of Hastinapur).

Now if we take the case of Amba herself, she was so awestruck by the sudden intrusion of Bheeshma that she was too late to express about her love for Shaalva Raaj. Bheeshma (as a typical male of old age Morals…), never suspected that a lady can have an opinion of her own (that is-before her swayamvar). So here Amba was also a bit guilty😊 of not expressing her views (which she did after she reached Hastinapur) in the correct time (that is in the time of Bheeshma's entry in the Swayamvar and their abduction😊).

Another angle of this story is Bheshma's enmity with Shaalva Raaj in the past. Due to which, even after feeling true emotions for Amba, Shaalva Raaj refused to accept her as he thought that would be like living on the mercy of Bheeshma whom he hated by that time Amba returned rom Hastinapur.

I felt, all these cirumstances contributed towards the final situation faced by Amba. So defeinitely- Bheeshma is responsible for that, but as I feel – all thoses factors must also be considered along with Bheeshma's role.

And after that, what happened to Amba… her Anger…her aim of Revenge… is really a Long Story … And I personally feel that- it is a Plot contrived by Vyaas Dev to bring about the death of Bheeshma. Otherwise, it was nearly Impossible to put an end to this Great and Noble Character from the Epic... So only a curse, of a lady could have done it… as the chivalrous ways of Arya Samaj never went in direct clash with a lady.

He accepted Amba's curse in the same way Krishna accepted Gandhari's curse, as Bheeshma also was above the level of 'this mundane world'. He was always aware of the 'Ichhamrityu vardaan', so it was just like Taking Responsibility for his own Actions… We don't know if he himself considered it (his action regarding Amba) to be a wrong one or not, but he was well aware of the situation and Faced the Outcome Courageously… That's where the Greatness of his character lies(IMO).

Like many other aspects of various characters , I feel that this particular aspect of Accepting Amba's Curse by Bheeshma was also written by Ved Vyas to Add Glory to the Character, in the same way as Krishna asked Bheeshma to advocate about Raaj-Dharma to Yudishthir after Kurukshetra (we had discussed a lot about this theory of 'adding Greatness to characters' in our Orkut Threads😊 regarding Bheeshma and Karna, as far as I remember).

Now, coming to Gandhaari's case- it is slightly different, as there was no Swayamvar. Bheeshma gave the marriage proposal and Gandhar-Naresh accepted it, knowing fully well about the blindness of Dhritarashtra. So here, I guess, Bheeshma did the action which is generally done by any elder member of the family (in case of arranged marriages). In spite of having some physical problem(here Blindness), the elders had to arrange a girl to suit Dritarashtra… So Bheeshma decided to approach Gandhari for the same.

Now the final decision was taken by Gandhari … Her father and Brother had their own opinions, but no one did force her to accept Dritarashtra as her Husband.

It was her decision to cover her eyes, she did it for very Great Ideal… Though I feel that 'the person who Has Seen the world, then decided to cover her eyes' and 'the person who Has Never Seen the world'- have Two very Different Experiences and can Never be Comparerd. So, we can say that Gandhari's Sacrifice(if we consider it so…) was Greater, Undoubtedbly. Whether it was a Right or a Wrong decision – that is a Big Question, guess we need another DOTW for that😆. But anyway, it was her decision. Bheeshma was not that much role to play in the marriage/marital life of Dhritarashtra-Gandhari.

Now you all can easily understand that I am Always Ready to write an Essay on Bheeshma… Anytime.😆😆

As Alwsys- Many many dialogues are the Real Treasure⭐️⭐️ of all those scenes mentioned above. Will try to post some of those dialogues in future.

Debipriya thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Lola

Thanks a lot Dear for those sweet words about Geeta dialogues… Without Shivang's Encouragement, it was impossible for me to do it. I was Dreaming to post those dialogues for a long time, but was Too Lazy to compile and post😆…

Agree to all the points mentioned by You- "...gotta love how Dr. Raza's dialogues convey such deep messages from the Gita with that informal ease.." and "..Nitishji's charming delivery...makes it sooo special and memorable!" 👍🏼 👍🏼 -So True Dear😊

BTW- I also Love the acting of Punit Essar… I think he has made the character of Duryodhan Alive to all of us👏👏… As once I have mentioned to Kushal that Duyodhan gives us the Idea of what Evil actually is

Now I am Just suggesting next three probable topics for DOTW😊 in IF or Threads in Orkut(Just suggesting Dear😊, it is for you to take the final decision)-

-Theme of 'Revenge' in Mahabharat(or we can say- only in women characters…).
-Theme of 'Curse' in Mahabharat.
- Gandhari's Decision- Right or Wrong(already mentioned by you and Dpka, and also by me in DOTW post) or general discussion about the Character of Gandhari.

flashykush thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi guys, I am here after a long time and just thought of posting a few nice substantial dialogues from Mahabharat. :)

Bhishma: Vats Duryodhan, meri baat dhyan se suno. Tumne dharm aur arth, dono hi se apna naata tod diya hai. Tumhi kuruvansh ki patanshilta ka karan ho vats, tum hi. Aur ab bhi yadi tumne apni aankhein nahi kholi na putr toh samajh lo ke apne maharathiyon ke shav dekhna tumhari niyati ban chuki hai. Hey putr duryodhan, tanik socho toh. Tum keval teen vyaktiyon ki hi baate sunte ho. Unme se pehle hai Guru Parshuram dwara shraapit ye soot putr Karna, doosra hai ye Gandhar Naresh kapati Shakuni aur teesra hai tumhara ye durachari anuj, Dushasan.

Then suddenly Karna retorts and express his anger:

Karna: Kya is bhari sabha mein yoon sablke saamne meri ninda karna aavashyak tha? Aadarniya Pitamah. Kshatriya dharm ke paalan ke atirikt aur maine kiya hi kya hai? Maine yahi shapath li hai na, ki main apne mitr Duryodhan ke shatruon Paandavon ka vadh karunga. Aur aap hi bataiye, ki yadi main yeh shapath nahi leta toh kya karta? Main kootniti ki madhur bhaasha nahi jaanta Pitamah, kyunki main Raajnitigya nahi hoon, yodha hoon main, aur kewal dhanush ki bhaasha jaanta hoon. He Pitamah, ek baat aap dhyaan se sun lijiye, meri nishttha Kuruvansh ke prati nahi hai, meri nishtha kewal Maharaj, aur Yuvraaj Duryodhan ke prati hai.

Bhishma: Nishhta jaise shudhh aur pavitr shabd ka yahaan durupyog na karo, Ang raj Karn. Tum toh jis chhatnaar vriksh ki chhaya ho usi ki jade kaat rahe ho. Aur apni is anishtha ko nishtha bhi kahe jaa rahe ho. Na bhadkao apne mitr duryodhan ko na bhadkao. Tum ho hi kya, are hum sab milkar bhi arjun ka saamna nahi kar sakte..Us virat yudhh bhi tum bhi thhe aur main bhi tha..aur tumhara yeh mitr Duryodhan bhi tha jo aaj is sabha main baithkar yeh deenge maar raha hai ki voh arjun ki jeeva kaatkar apne dhanush ki pratyancha badha lega. Ha!!
flashykush thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Dear Debipriya, the views presented about Bheeshm and Gandhari are really thought provoking yet satisfying. 😊