SAS Articles Corner-No Comments

shruti thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 9
Posted: 15 years ago
This thread will contain all the articles/interviews related to the show Shaurya Aur Suhani.

IF is in direct competition with Telly Chakkar & Indian Television. Don't post articles from these two above sites on IF.

Please provide link to the article/source.

Don't post any comments out here. They will be deleted by Dev Team.

Regards,

IF Dev Team

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CeruleanSky thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Sourabh Pandey who made his television debut through Synergy Adlabs, Jiya Jale will now be seen as Shourya in his new adventurous serial, Shourya aur Suhani. This Delhi based actor feels that this serial is surely going to attract the kids and is very confident about the shows success.

We spoke to Sourabh Pandey about his role and moreā€¦

How did you the get the role of Shourya?
It was through auditions. The production house called me for the screen test and thus I got the role of Shourya. I'm quite excited about this role which is quite new and adventurous for me and so I'm looking forward for this serial to get on-air.

What kind of preparations you have done for this role?
I have really worked hard for this role and the character which I play needs to be well build, so for that I have worked out for 6 months under the training of Mr.Maharashtra and Mr. India Amit Roy, which included rigorous work-outs and balance diet. Moreover I have also seen adventurous films like Tarzan, Krrish et al.

What is your character Shourya all about?
The character of Shourya is quite adventurous and helps the needy in their crisis. You can call him messiah. He can't see the injustice happening to the innocent people but at the same time he is very honest and romantic.

Tell us about your experience shooting the action sequences?
It was again thrilling and adventurous. While shooting I have got hurt but later on it feels great to be the part of the new adventurous serial.

Do you think this serial will gain huge TRP during the weekends?
This serial is especially for kids as they are not interested in those saas-bahu serials. They like to watch adventurous serials and in the past also these kids have liked thrilling serials. I'm hoping this serial will also be liked by the kids.

Would you try your luck in Bollywood?
Oh Why not and frankly speaking every other new comer who comes to Mumbai wants to be in films and if I get good roles, I will definitely do it.

Source : http://www.thaindian.com/newsportal/entertainment/the-character-of-shourya-is-quite-adventurous-sourabh-pandey_100170028.html
CeruleanSky thumbnail

An unfortunate accident took place on the sets of Sphere Origin's Shaurya and Suhani where Saurabh Pandey aka Shaurya proved that he is not only a hero on-screen but the same goes when it comes to his off-screen personality.

The action sequence demanded Simha aka Vineet Kumar to hit an arrow towards Saurabh but since the arrow was a real one, he got a deep cut on his fingers due to sharp edges of the arrow.

"I had to aim the arrow at Shaurya but I wasn't aware that the arrow is an original one. I casually held it and hence got a deep cut in my fingers and it started bleeding non-stop," speaks Vineet Kumar, who's playing a villain in the serial. The crew got panicked and the shooting was instantly halted. Saurabh rushed to his car, got first aid for Vineet and hurried back towards him. "I always carry a first aid box with me.

So I instantly came for Vineet's rescue and applied first aid on him due to which the bleeding gradually stopped. After which I helped Vineet sit in my car and we rushed to the hospital where he got four stitches," utters Saurabh Pandey.

Well, we would have to say that our Shaurya really is a brave and generous person. Meanwhile we wish a speedy recovery for our Simha.

Source : http://hamaraphotos.com/bollywood/television/shaurya%E2%80%99s-rescue-act.html

CeruleanSky thumbnail

Mumbai: Saurabh Pandey, who plays Shaurya in Shaurya Aur Suhani, is actually a daredevil in real life. Like a true action hero, a few days ago he saved the life of a crew member while shooting.

Life saver: Saurabh Pandey

Saurabh, who prefers doing his own stunts on-screen, was shooting involving a few horses and a chariot. However, the scene went ugly.

Saurabh says, "One of the wheels of the chariot broke and the horses became uncontrollable. They started running in every direction. Though all of us moved to safety, one of the actors got stuck in the chariot. I had no option but to run towards the chariot to save him. He suffered a few injuries but nothing major happened. I always tend to keep my first aid kit with myself and that day it came really handy."

Saurabh's character requires shooting with animals like elephants and horses. He says, "Once while shooting I had to get into a pond along with an elephant and had to give him a bath. I know how animals react in different situations. However, I was a bit unsure about this sequence because elephants don't like to be disturbed when they are in water. But thankfully my presence in the pond didn't bother the elephant much."

Her narrates another incident that took place when he was supposed to take a giant leap while riding the horse. The crew members were amazed when he rejected the services of a stuntman. Initially, he took a few tumbles but after a few gutsy attempts, he got the shot right.

"I feel stunts and action are also a part and parcel of my job. I perform my stunts to be in sync with my character. If someone else does it, I would feel that I am not doing justice to the scene," he ends.

Source : DNA India

Edited by CeruleanSky - 15 years ago
CeruleanSky thumbnail

Saurabh has what's required to be an action hero and enjoys doing almost all the dangerous action sequences himself on the sets of the show.

Asked why he prefers to do his own stunts Saurabh says, "The reason why I prefer to do my own stunts is because I believe action is also a part of acting. The feel with which I perform the stunt would be in sync with the character. It might not be the same if someone else does it. Simply put, I feel I wouldn't do justice to the action sequence if I don't do it myself."

"The scariest one was when I had to get into a pond along with an elephant and give him a bath; I love animals and know how they react in different situations. I was a bit unsure about this sequence because elephants don't like to be disturbed when they are in water. But since the sequence was really important in terms of building Shaurya's character I took my chances and thankfully the elephant didn't get bothered much with my presence inside the pond."

"Another incident was when I was supposed to take a giant leap while riding the horse. The stunt was scheduled later in the day and at that time I was a bit unwell, I tried a few short practice leaps before the actual shot but the real one was just not happening. The unit suggested that I let the stuntman do the stunt but I felt I could do it and finally succeeded in the sixth or seventh attempt."

The onlookers were amazed when the actor decided to take the flying leap himself. He took a few tumbles but, after several attempts, got the shot right.

Saurabh's co-stars maintain the actor gets quite involved in any kind of action sequence on the sets, be it people riding horses or a sword fight, he is always there to give a tip or two.
Talking about his role, he says Shaurya is a saviour of the poor and the weak, cannot stand injustice and stands against the atrocities of the evil king.

In real life too, Saurabh takes inspiration from his role, he says. The actor adds "I can recall an incident where we were shooting a sequence where a prince is approaching on a chariot. I was supposed to attack the convoy along with my friends. The sequence turned ugly since a wheel of the chariot broke and the horse became uncontrollable and ran towards the trees. The entire cast and crew moved aside, but one of the actors got stuck in the chariot and we all were really scared. I immediately ran towards the chariot and got my co-actor out just in time. He suffered a few injuries but thankfully nothing major happened, I always tend to keep my first-aid kit with me and that day it came really handy."

Talking about his co- star Sriti Jha, who plays Princess Suhani in the serial, Saurabh says, "Sriti and I share very good onscreen chemistry. People have also liked our chemistry before and I'm sure it's going to do wonders this time as well. Sriti is a very dear friend and we always have this one-upmanship between us, as to who will perform better. She is a fine actress and I believe we both compliment each other while facing the camera."

Source : The Times Of India
Edited by CeruleanSky - 15 years ago
CeruleanSky thumbnail
Originally posted by Shruti11

Sriti Jha and Vikrant Massey more than good friends

Vikrant Massey who is all set to enter Balika Vadhu has yet another reason to cheer. The actor is reportedly seeing Sriti Jha of Jiya Jale fame. And if sources are to be believed then Vikrant is also very keen on tying the knot with Sriti.

Like most of his ilk he too chose to be tight lipped and refrained from confirming the news. Vikrant said, "I am not seeing Sriti Jha. We are very good friends. It is very difficult for me to convince people who ask me this question. I don't blame them as they are doing their job. She stays 10 minutes away from my house and we meet daily. I am also friends with her brother and sister. Yes, I do confide a lot in her but please don't read much into it."

So how did he meet Sriti? "Very few people know that I have done a show titled Dhoom Macha Dhoom on Disney Channel with Sriti which also starred Jay Bhanushali and Kinshuk Mahajan. We hit it off instantly," clarifies the actor.

We tried contacting Sriti Jha but she remained unavailable. Our source confirms that the two are very much in love but are not in a mood to reveal.

Tina-Hussain, Hiten-Gauri, Yash-Gouri, Delnaz-Rajeev and now Sriti-Vikrant. Next year's Nach Baliye just got one more couple to approach!
CeruleanSky thumbnail
TB Article on the Laadli Week Celebration :

TellyBuzz article on the Laadli Week
swanithak thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago

Saurabh Pandey turns a year older.. 

The actor talks about his birthday plans..

Tellybuzz Article
swanithak thumbnail
The Star Parivaar Awards is around the corner and preparations for the big night are in full swing. Indya.com took a trip to Andheri West, Mumbai, where our tellystars were busy rehearsing their dance acts. Here's what they had to say :

Saurabh Pandey :

I don't want to talk about my performance. Let's keep it as a surprise. I'll be dancing with Sriti, my onscreen partner in Shaurya aur Suhani on Star Plus. We'll be dancing on one of Rishi Kapoor's hit songs. We started practicing a week ago and have another week in hand now. So far, it's been good fun. Pony Verma has choreographed the dance for me and my partner. He's the person who choreographed all the songs for the film Garam Masala as well. So, I'm happy with our choreographer and our dance. I just hope the audience likes it too.

Source : Indya.com
Edited by swanithak - 14 years ago
swanithak thumbnail
Who's the favourite TV jodi ?

Telly people vote for their manpasand jodis

Amidst all the excitement, apprehension and speculation in the air as to who will walk away with the coveted trophy in various categories at the 7th Star Parivaar Awards 2009, BT caught up with some of the television icons to get their verdict on the most popular categories for Best Pati, Best Patni, Naya Sadaysa (Male and Female) and the Best Judge of a reality show.

Ashita Dhawan, who enacts the role of Malti Bhabhi in Bidaai gives her vote for Angad and Sadhana as her favourite pati and patni. Shlok (Puneet Tejwani), her on-screen brother gets her thumbs up as a strong contender for Naya Sadasya male and Akshara (Hina Khan) for Naya Sadasya female. As for the judge of a reality show, her vote goes out to the dashing and handsome Shekhar of Voice of India.

Amrit (Anuj Sachdev) and Bebo (Shivshakti) of Sabki Laadli Bebo jointly agree that Alekh (Angad Hasija) and Sadhana (Sara Khan) deserve to be the favourite pati and patni and nominate themselves to win the Naya Sadasya (male and female) award. Voting for themselves as the perfect on-screen pati and patni are the young and dashing Prem (Harshad Chopda) and Heer (Aditi Gupta) of Kis Desh Mein Hai Mera Dil. Prem strongly feels that he is the adarsh pati while both of them feel that Saurabh Pandey and Sriti Jha of Shaurya Aur Suhani should win the award for Naya Sadasya (male and female) respectively.

\Rajbala (Nigaar Khan) of Mitwaa ' Phool Kamal Ke and her on-screen husband Nirbhay Chaudhary (Manish Wadhwa) pick Prem and Heer as their favourite pati and patni. But the duo had a slightly tough time picking one name for the category of Naya Sadasya (male and female).

BT also caught up with the older generation like Mamchand Chowdhury (Shabaaz Khan) and Kanta (Rameshwari) of Mitwaa ' Phool Kamal Ke, to pick their choice for the winners this year. Both of them feel that Prem and Heer should be paired as the favourite pati and patni while Shlok (Puneet Tejwani) and Bebo (Shivshakti) remain their favourite Naya Sadasya (male and female). Well, there will be favourites but ultimately, there will only be one winner in each category. So catch all the excitement on Star Parivaar Awards 2009, on June 13 2009 at 8 pm on Star Plus.

">http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Entertainment/TV-/Whos-the-favourite-TV-jodi/articleshow/4639654.cms