Sumeet says Ghar ki Baat doing well

Koyel thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Sumeet says Ghar ki Baat doing well

Sumeet Raghavan, who plays Rajdeep Yagnik in Ghar Ki Baat Hai, feels that there should be no comparison between his new show and Yeh Joh Hai Zindagi, which had the same format, because more than 20 years have past since it aired and times have clearly changed.

Talking about the response he is receiving for the show, Sumeet says, "The show is doing superb. It is not a clichd comedy show and we are getting a good response. I am not trying to boast but the star cast is very good. Both Swapnil (Joshi) and Ali (Asgar) are excellent."

As for comparisons with Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi, Sumeet says, "I was 11-years-old when Yeh Jo Hai Zindagi started in 1983. So two generations after that have not seen the show. Therefore you cannot compare Ghar Ki Baat Hai with a show you have not seen. This show is for a different age group. People have started recognizing us now ,they are responding positively, it will slowly pick up. Whether it is the creative team or the director, we are always on own toes."

Saying that the show is bound to grow on audiences, Sumeet adds, "Take the case of Sarabhai. Initially, people could not connect with the characters but slowly they became habitual to it. Collectively, we haven't got any negative response and a few friends from the industry have also complimented us."

Off-screen too the cast are having a blast on the sets and have bonded very well. As for Sumeet, he has just finished shooting for an untitled film which deals with issues related to women. The film has been directed by Barnali Shukla, wife of Saurabh Shukla, and will release in October.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sonataca thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

I'm glad it's doing good, NDTV Imagine just got snatched away from us and if we want to take this channel then we got to pay $55 and other garbage channels will come too! 😭