Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago

Originally posted by: lola610

I really enjoyed SDB in the early eps of Krishna, and my problem with him in the later eps (not handled totally handled by RS, as explained in my post and subsequent discussion halfway down pg 46: http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1066759&TPN=46 ) was not his acting but the off-sync dubbing and gaudy make-up they started to give him. Dragged him down terribly, which is really sad cuz I saw the Sanskrit movie Adi Shankaracharya and agree he was amazing and authentic in it, proving his immense potential. As far as his introduction coming late, if you check out that post on pg 46 you'll see clips of them continuing with Swapnil even further, upto the Varnavat fire and Dwarka Nirmaan. After the latter, RS apparently declined in health so the show went on hiatus and when they continued, his sons were in control and rushed in SDB. Thats why his entry is so sudden and choppy, followed by a drop in overall quality that brings down the rest of the serial after that point IMO.

Agreed; I thought Sarvadaman and Reshma Modi made a very cute Radha Krishna pair in the beginning of Shri Krishna. I especially enjoyed the part where Krishna curbs Narad's pride. Under RS's direction, Sarvadaman did pretty well and he could have improved had RS directed the whole serial himself.

Yes, Sarvadaman's entry was pretty off key but like Lola said, RS's sons re-did some of the epis with Swapnil.πŸ₯±
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Thanks for this vid Lola!

Is this a vid of Ramayan from BRC's Brahma Vishnu Mahesh? Because the tune sounds too alike to RS's Ramayan. Or is it RS's Vishnu Puran (if he made a Vishnu Puran which I am not sure).

Yup, Shah Newaz makes an awesome Dashrath!πŸ˜ƒ And the baby who plays Ram is veryyy adorable, he looks so angry and sad though!πŸ˜†

Thanks for liking! Wish we got to see cute scenes like this with him enjoying his kids in Shri Krishna too... guess Jabse Hua Re Tera Baal Roop Darshan is the next best thing 😭
Actually it's from Bramha Vishnu Mahesh which was by the junior Sagars, not BRC, and music was once again Ravindra Jain so most of the tunes are the same/similar to stuff from both Ramayan and Shri Krishna, as are the ones he's used in NDTV imagine's Ramayan. Can't blame him, cuz if you see hyut7's youtube channel, he did the music for almost every mytho made since Ramayan, so kind ahard to come up with all originals all the time when there's thousands of songs used for the same situations under your belt πŸ˜† He's really a genius!
MagadhSundari thumbnail

No problem!πŸ˜‰

Have fun shopping!πŸ˜† And I'll be honored to remake the Thumak Chalat siggie for you.πŸ˜‰ Do you want the same text? Awwwww I ❀️ you! Thanks soooo much πŸ€— Same text will be perfect since I envisioned such a siggie while I was working on translating those awesome, sweet lines 😍

Except...I'm kind of working on the JSK Banner Contest Winning Siggie so it might take some time.😳
It's all good! Will find something else of yours only till then cuz all your stuffs awesome!!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Thanks for liking! Wish we got to see cute scenes like this with him enjoying his kids in Shri Krishna too... guess Jabse Hua Re Tera Baal Roop Darshan is the next best thing 😭
Actually it's from Bramha Vishnu Mahesh which was by the junior Sagars, not BRC, and music was once again Ravindra Jain so most of the tunes are the same/similar to stuff from both Ramayan and Shri Krishna, as are the ones he's used in NDTV imagine's Ramayan. Can't blame him, cuz if you see hyut7's youtube channel, he did the music for almost every mytho made since Ramayan, so kind ahard to come up with all originals all the time when there's thousands of songs used for the same situations under your belt πŸ˜† He's really a genius!

Okay, thanks for telling.😊 True, Ravindra Jain was a genius in music as much as RS was with his serials. But with NDTV Ramayan, it seemed as if he copied too many of its old tunes, though some were from Old Shri Krishna as well if you noticed, like Sita's Agni Pareeksha song was the same as Draupadi Cheer Haran.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE-Lcw72Eoo[/YOUTUBE]

Draupadi's Cheer Haran
Edited by _LalithaJanaki_ - 14 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Okay, thanks for telling.😊 True, Ravindra Jain was a genius in music as much as RS was with his serials. But with NDTV Ramayan, it seemed as if he copied too many of its old tunes, though some were from Old Shri Krishna as well if you noticed, like Sita's Agni Pareeksha song was the same as Draupadi Cheer haran
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE-Lcw72Eoo

Draupadi's Cheer Haran

Yep the original tunes were countable in NDTV's Ramayan (the only one that stands out as completely original is the Gauri Pooja song); most were the same as Shri Krishna/Orig. Ramayan with simpler, less poetic and archaic lyrics so today's saas-bahu audience could understand them. Like Kaikeyi's song of remorse, a huge favorite of mine in the original Ramayan for the unique, folksy instrumentation and Padma Khanna's expressions:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PUN3z91Ec[/YOUTUBE]
And the knockoff he did for NDTV's version, with less artsy, more conversational lyrics and less organic instrumentation πŸ˜”
Not too happy about the constant repetitiveness, but I think it might also have to do with the fact that he got back into composing for movies during the making of the show (he did Vivaah and Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi as well as some yet to release soundtracks during that time), which might've kept him from putting in the effort he did with the earlier stuff.
Edited by lola610 - 14 years ago
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Welcome aalochak!πŸ€— My, it really has been a looooong time since we saw your posts, but we're thrilled that you're back!πŸ˜ƒ 

I enjoyed reading your post soooooooo much! You are 100% completely right! Ramanand Sagar has really molded so many of my views and beliefs, and answered so many questions I had on some of our scriptures. It was actually his serials which increased my interest in puranas and convinced me that no romance/action/adventure novel can ever compare to the divine story of our scriptures. No romance story can ever be sweeter or more beautiful that the story of SitaRam or RadheShyam❀️.

Oh wow, we are similar in so many ways! I too watch Sitaji's Vanvaas whenever I feel sad, and feel that I have no right to be so gloomy when Sita Mata went through so much, and that too for us.😳 And the times I've watched SitaRam Rajyabhishek, Sita Swayamvar scenes, SitaRam Vivah, Kans Vadh, Radha Krishna Holi, or Maha Raas Leela are innumerable.πŸ˜†

Thanks a lot once again for posting here, we look forward to many interesting conversations/picture siggie exchanges, or fanfics from you.πŸ˜›

Me too, or me three rather, when it comes to having been morally influenced by our mutual fav shows. Sita's Vanvaas in RSR and Devaki/Vasudev's trials and tribulations in RSSK help me realize that nothing I'm going through is that bad so not worth complaining about; Vibhishan getting humiliated and kicked out of Lanka for standing by his beliefs taught me about resisting peer pressure, the family interaction between many diff characters makes me want to be a better daughter/sister/etc (hi Lallikins, WWSD/WWUD - what would Sita/Urmi do πŸ˜†); and of course the examples set by SiyaRam and RadheShyam are the best lessons in love that one could possible hope for πŸ‘

I even look to RS's works for a laugh, like Kumbhkaran being woken up and Hanuman messing up the fruit orchard in RSR as well as scaredy-cat Kans and Rohini's in-drag bodyguards during her escape from Mathura in RSSK πŸ˜†

Just wanted to share some of my top my song choices for the categories you've set though, since they're more efficient than my previous, excessively broad listing separated only as happy songs and sad songs...
Inspirational - Ram Naam Adhaar Jinhe from bridge-building scene in RSR and Tu Dheeraj Mat Haar from RSSK (which I put up the lyrics and translation for a couple pgs ago)
Romantic - Pushp Vatika songs, Prachi Dishi which follows in RSR; Maharaas and Prem Jagat Ka Saar in RSSK
Sad - the "Vidhna" twins πŸ˜†; Vidhna teri lekh kisi ki samjh na aati hai (from a couple scenes regarding the vanvaas in RSSR and then at Sita's exile in Lav Kush) and Vidhna tere khel niraale (from Devaki and Vasudev's imprisonment following the death of baby#1 - which, did u notice Lallikins, the current JSK has ripped off as "Vidhna tera bhed na aave" for the same situation, even though the music's not by RJain 😑)
Cute baby stuff - Thumak Chalat, Jaago Lalna Jaago, and Sita's lullaby for LavKush in RSSR; Soja Lalla, Hari Ko Maat Sikhaaye Chalna, and Haath mein Makhan from RSSK...

Theres many more I'll continue to add, and if you guys could share your favs in these and any other categories you can add, I'd love to know them!

RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Yep the original tunes were countable in NDTV's Ramayan (the only one that stands out as completely original is the Gauri Pooja song); most were the same as Shri Krishna/Orig. Ramayan with simpler, less poetic and archaic lyrics so today's saas-bahu audience could understand them. Like Kaikeyi's song of remorse, a huge favorite of mine in the original Ramayan for the unique, folksy instrumentation and Padma Khanna's expressions:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5PUN3z91Ec
And the knockoff he did for NDTV's version, with less artsy, more conversational lyrics and less organic instrumentation πŸ˜”
Not too happy about the constant repetitiveness, but I think it might also have to do with the fact that he got back into composing for movies during the making of the show (he did Vivaah and Ek Vivaah Aisa Bhi as well as some yet to release soundtracks during that time), which might've kept him from putting in the effort he did with the earlier stuff.

Very true; I too felt truly sad for the character of Kaikeyi after her song of remorse in Old Ramayan, but in New Ramayan, the lyrics were not strong enough like you said. It's a pity really, that they mellow down the lyrics to catch younger generation's audience. It doesn't hurt for youngsters to listen to some strong music for once.πŸ€” But it can also do with RJ's movie song experience in between like you said, because a truly great composer like him can come up with 100s if not 1000s of different lyrics and tunes with his experience. After all, didn't great composers like Saint Tyagaraja and Bhakta Ramadas compose 1000s of songs in 1000s of different tunes? It has nothing to do with "using up" the tunes on the older serials.

Here is another example...the Luv Kush song from New Ramayan is not as powerful or emotional as the one from the Old. I was really disappointed.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gkiMaZq72Ac&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Me too, or me three rather, when it comes to having been morally influenced by our mutual fav shows. Sita's Vanvaas in RSR and Devaki/Vasudev's trials and tribulations in RSSK help me realize that nothing I'm going through is that bad so not worth complaining about; Vibhishan getting humiliated and kicked out of Lanka for standing by his beliefs taught me about resisting peer pressure, the family interaction between many diff characters makes me want to be a better daughter/sister/etc (hi Lallikins, WWSD/WWUD - what would Sita/Urmi do πŸ˜†); and of course the examples set by SiyaRam and RadheShyam are the best lessons in love that one could possible hope for πŸ‘

I even look to RS's works for a laugh, like Kumbhkaran being woken up and Hanuman messing up the fruit orchard in RSR as well as scaredy-cat Kans and Rohini's in-drag bodyguards during her escape from Mathura in RSSK πŸ˜†

Just wanted to share some of my top my song choices for the categories you've set though, since they're more efficient than my previous, excessively broad listing separated only as happy songs and sad songs...
Inspirational - Ram Naam Adhaar Jinhe from bridge-building scene in RSR and Tu Dheeraj Mat Haar from RSSK (which I put up the lyrics and translation for a couple pgs ago)
Romantic - Pushp Vatika songs, Prachi Dishi which follows in RSR; Maharaas and Prem Jagat Ka Saar in RSSK
Sad - the "Vidhna" twins πŸ˜†; Vidhna teri lekh kisi ki samjh na aati hai (from a couple scenes regarding the vanvaas in RSSR and then at Sita's exile in Lav Kush) and Vidhna tere khel niraale (from Devaki and Vasudev's imprisonment following the death of baby#1 - which, did u notice Lallikins, the current JSK has ripped off as "Vidhna tera bhed na aave" for the same situation, even though the music's not by RJain 😑)
Cute baby stuff - Thumak Chalat, Jaago Lalna Jaago, and Sita's lullaby for LavKush in RSSR; Soja Lalla, Hari Ko Maat Sikhaaye Chalna, and Haath mein Makhan from RSSK...

Theres many more I'll continue to add, and if you guys could share your favs in these and any other categories you can add, I'd love to know them!

Thanks for your fav list! Def Vibhishan being exiled from Lanka is a very inspirational episode. I think I'll make a siggie on him too.πŸ˜ƒ

Hey, if you don't mind. Can you repost the funny epi with Rohini running away from Mathura?
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Thanks for your fav list! Def Vibhishan being exiled from Lanka is a very inspirational episode. I think I'll make a siggie on him too.πŸ˜ƒ Can't wait to scoop it up! I've taught several bal vihaars in which I've showed the kids that scene to teach them the importance of doing what's right, not what's cool πŸ˜†

Hey, if you don't mind. Can you repost the funny epi with Rohini running away from Mathura?
Of course I can honeybunch! But you have to watch right now and tell me how funny and generally engaging the scene really is so I feel less weird for watching it over and over as a kid lol (j/k) πŸ˜†
It starts abt ten mins into this, with the funny part at 11 mins: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3ot7h_krishna-part-23_shortfilms

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Thanks! That was super hilarious!!!🀣