Frequent Posters

_rajnish_ thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
Wow aalochak, good to see you again. remember meπŸ˜ƒ. and yes well saidπŸ‘πŸΌ
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6

Awww thanks for the warm welcome😊
I know just what u mean when you say that we have no right to be gloomy when SItaji and Shri Ram suffered so much ....

You're welcome.πŸ˜ƒ

And thanks a lot for the song. Indeed, it's very emotional and really makes us feel the pain Ramji and Sitaji went through.😭

This is another (though short) emotional song:
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R9yz5OtDFqw&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]
MagadhSundari thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks a bunch for the sweet BRC Ramayan scene Lallikins, and you too Aradhana for the Bramha Vishnu Mahesh πŸ€— I agree, both shows had some good points that hint at thier potential to turn out better than they did, had the writing and casting remained consistent with the ones shown in the clips you both provided.

If BRC wasn't so afraid to tap into the "BRC Puran" and give us more scenes that appealed to the heart instead of just the mind, his Ramayan could've been a lot better.

And I agree Aradhana, the Bramha Vishnu Mahesh Sita was pretty decent compared with others in later serials, less filmy-type. I also think Shah Nawaz (yep, our very own Vasudev, plus 30 lbs πŸ˜ƒ) made a great, expressive Dashrath - had they only used his pleasant original voice, it would've really been memorable and appreciated by more people. See: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bqmgkes44[/YOUTUBE]

IMO neither could come near the "Mytho Holy Trinity", but had potential to be better received than they were.

MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: aalochak

Hi there people.. its so long since I posted something.

I've been reading this thread... and I'm so EXCITED !!!!!!

For years I've been thinking (and my family has been suspecting !) that I'm CRAZY.... cause I'm obsessed with mythological serials !!!!!!
Now I know I'm not alone.....
Lalitha, Rajneesh,
You are my heroes
This is like a support group for us dharmic-seral-philes

I must have spent the better part of my teenage years watching, recording, re-recording, memorising, and dreaming about all these serials...
My God, I know every scene u guys describe, I even know the conversations, and the sequence of some songs by heart !!!
I've watched these serials for ......
Inspiration (RS Ramayan - Shabri episode, Pushpvatika,)
When I'm sad (RSR - Sita's vanvaas - RSSK - He praneshwar Vidaa)
When I'm happy (RSR - Rajyabhishek, RSSK - Hamara Kanha Govardhan-giridhari)
When I've been in love (RSSK - Radha & Krishna's 1st meeting - Naa jaane those kaun yugo kaa naata !)
When I'm angry (RSR - the brilliant scene before Shurpankha arrives, when Lakshman asks Shri Ram why does he lose his temper when SHri Ram is always so calm)

I wouldnt be wrong in saying that Ramanand Sagar-ji has molded my personality in a great way...
and as for Ravindra Jain - I feel he's written the background music of my life!!!!

Thanks girls for validating all I belive in and feel passionate about.

I have so many opinions too, and would love to share with you guys

Hi Aalochak! Don't think we've "met", but I'm Lola and I've been hopelessly obsessed with everything RS/RJain practically since birth (lol at how much that sounds like a support group introduction). I 100% agree with your whole post, esp the "soundtrack to my life" comment and having memorized whole songs and dialogues. I too thought I must be crazy till I found Lalitha's FCs - it felt like a long-awaited homecoming πŸ˜† Enjoyed reading about your fav scenes for all diff purposes; RS truly created storehouses of inspiration regarding all possible moods and virtues in Ramayan and Shri Krishna. Can't wait for more of your opinions and insights, and hope you come across ours in the previous pages so we can pick up on those discussions too! Is pagal-khaane mein aapka swagat hai πŸ˜†

MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: aalochak

Oops I posted the same message twice....

SO I edited this one to give my views on Sarvadaman Bannerjee

I actually liked him as adult Krishna !!!!
Notwithstanding the fact that they should have made him lose weight to look more athletic !

SD Bannerjee worked in many South Indian mythos and did a brilliant job.
He was amazing in the title role of Adi Shankaracharya. πŸ‘
Dada RS must have cast him adult Krishna as Dada was very influenced by southern-style mythologicals. And under Dada RS's direction he performed well.
He had a small part in Dheeraj Kumar's Om Namah Shivay as the Bhil Devotee Kannap - he was brilliant here and almost unrecognisable as his slothful presence in the latter SK. Seeing his role as Kannap, I was saddened this his potential was fully recognised as the adult Krishna

One interesting thing tho... they introduced SD Bannerjee too late in Shri Krishna.
They used Swapnil Joshi for the Kalyavan and Muschukund episodeπŸ˜• when actually this occured when Krishna was an adult (during Jarasandh's 18th attack on Mathura)...
So we have Jarasandha attacking Mathura the 18th time, Kalyavan also attacking Mathura, teenage Krishna defoils Kalyavan and liberates Muchukund, and suddenly he's an adult overnight as he flees Mathura from Jarasndh 😑

I really enjoyed SDB in the early eps of Krishna, and my problem with him in the later eps (not handled totally handled by RS, as explained in my post and subsequent discussion halfway down pg 46: https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/1066759?pn=46 ) was not his acting but the off-sync dubbing and gaudy make-up they started to give him. Dragged him down terribly, which is really sad cuz I saw the Sanskrit movie Adi Shankaracharya and agree he was amazing and authentic in it, proving his immense potential. As far as his introduction coming late, if you check out that post on pg 46 you'll see clips of them continuing with Swapnil even further, upto the Varnavat fire and Dwarka Nirmaan. After the latter, RS apparently declined in health so the show went on hiatus and when they continued, his sons were in control and rushed in SDB. Thats why his entry is so sudden and choppy, followed by a drop in overall quality that brings down the rest of the serial after that point IMO.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
One question for everyone:

Have you ever seen a Uttar Ramayan serial/movie where the Golden statue of Sita actually looks like the actress portraying her? To this day, I have never seen a golden statue with a strong likeness to the actress except RS Luv Kush and an old Telugu Lava Kusa movie.

Esp in the song Sone ki Siya ko which I posted in the previous page, you can see a great likeness between the statue and Deepika.😊 Really, the statue is soooooo beautiful, but that could be because it was based off of Deepika.πŸ˜›

I wonder what RS did with the statue once the serial was over. It would be so nice if he had given the statue to a temple, so it really would be revered as a statue of Sita Ma.😊 After all, it is a statue.
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Lola,

By the way, I found out something that may interest you.πŸ˜‰ I was just at the Avatar Signature forum and was reading the rules on how many siggies we can have. Every member is allowed 3 600x400 (the ones we both generally have are 500x300) siggies and one small 400x200 siggie.

I remember you said that you wanted to have more siggies, so you can!πŸ˜›

Yaayyyyyy thanks for the info hon   Now I'll be shopping around for more of your masterpieces πŸ˜‰ Speaking of which, when you find the time could you possibly redo the thumak chalat one I have now with half that, half (wait for it... wait for it... πŸ˜†) Soja Lalla 😳! And for the makhan chor pic could you switch to one that's less close-up, more makhan... No rush! Thanks a bunch!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: lola610

Thanks a bunch for the sweet BRC Ramayan scene Lallikins, and you too Aradhana for the Bramha Vishnu Mahesh πŸ€— I agree, both shows had some good points that hint at thier potential to turn out better than they did, had the writing and casting remained consistent with the ones shown in the clips you both provided.

If BRC wasn't so afraid to tap into the "BRC Puran" and give us more scenes that appealed to the heart instead of just the mind, his Ramayan could've been a lot better.

And I agree Aradhana, the Bramha Vishnu Mahesh Sita was pretty decent compared with others in later serials, less filmy-type. I also think Shah Nawaz (yep, our very own Vasudev, plus 30 lbs πŸ˜ƒ) made a great, expressive Dashrath - had they only used his pleasant original voice, it would've really been memorable and appreciated by more people. See: [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9bqmgkes44[/YOUTUBE]

IMO neither could come near the "Mytho Holy Trinity", but had potential to be better received than they were.

Thanks for this vid Lola!

Is this a vid of Ramayan from BRC's Brahma Vishnu Mahesh? Because the tune sounds too alike to RS's Ramayan. Or is it RS's Vishnu Puran (if he made a Vishnu Puran which I am not sure).

Yup, Shah Newaz makes an awesome Dashrath!πŸ˜ƒ And the baby who plays Ram is veryyy adorable, he looks so angry and sad though!πŸ˜†
RamKiSeeta thumbnail

Originally posted by: lola610

Yaayyyyyy thanks for the info hon   Now I'll be shopping around for more of your masterpieces πŸ˜‰ Speaking of which, when you find the time could you possibly redo the thumak chalat one I have now with half that, half (wait for it... wait for it... πŸ˜†) Soja Lalla 😳! And for the makhan chor pic could you switch to one that's less close-up, more makhan... No rush! Thanks a bunch!

No problem!πŸ˜‰

Have fun shopping!πŸ˜† And I'll be honored to remake the Thumak Chalat siggie for you.πŸ˜‰ Do you want the same text?

Except...I'm kind of working on the JSK Banner Contest Winning Siggie so it might take some time.😳
MagadhSundari thumbnail

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

One question for everyone:

Have you ever seen a Uttar Ramayan serial/movie where the Golden statue of Sita actually looks like the actress portraying her? To this day, I have never seen a golden statue with a strong likeness to the actress except RS Luv Kush and an old Telugu Lava Kusa movie.

Esp in the song Sone ki Siya ko which I posted in the previous page, you can see a great likeness between the statue and Deepika.😊 Really, the statue is soooooo beautiful, but that could be because it was based off of Deepika.πŸ˜›

I wonder what RS did with the statue once the serial was over. It would be so nice if he had given the statue to a temple, so it really would be revered as a statue of Sita Ma.😊 After all, it is a statue.

I think they used some lunapic type effect to make it look more like her in the dvds, cuz in the vhs the resemblance is there but not as amazingly dead-on. Nonetheless, hats off to the sculptor cuz even the orignial one was gorgeous. Will put up that along with the other missing lav kush scenes from my vhs when I get a chance πŸ˜ƒ