Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Pardeshi.Mithu

Hello Shello Ji πŸ˜›

Hey Mithee
sshirley thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Arre aap toh abhi so rahe hongey na! Deepali ji bhi off line dikh rahi hain... Next update kab hain? ????? 😊

are next update kaa mat poochho yaar

haven't written anything yet. was v. busy last 2-3 days
sshirley thumbnail

Originally posted by: Diksha_1991

Hello Shirley,

How are you? 

Hey Diksha.

I am doing great, how are you?

did u get a job?
Sorry by weekend will read both update at once & will post review πŸ˜›

Okay aaram se

Thanks for the PM πŸ€—

Oh you are most welcome dear..

sshirley thumbnail

Originally posted by: mudraswathi

absolutely... great going Shirley!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Thank you Mudra, I bow down

and I am very lucky and proud to have readers like you..
sshirley thumbnail
QUOTE=Pardeshi.Mithu]As far as review of the previous chapter... Kya bolu!!! Nice progress πŸ˜ƒ

Thank you so much MitheeπŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ƒ

Toh Anmol Mallu and Ashu ka hee beta hain...hmmm...chalo acha hain and thank you Shirley ji ki aapne describe nahi kiya ki actually Anmol hua kaise 🀣 I mean warna koi aur writer hota toh ache se describe karta ki kaise Mallu was reacting and Ashu ko majburi main vo sab karna pad raha tha 🀣 🀣

Haanji Amol is actually AshMal's kid.. 

and yes I thot ye OS hai koi biology class nahi jo vo sab describe karne baithoon.πŸ˜†πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

@bold - oh yeah?πŸ˜›πŸ€£ 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣 🀣

And Shirley ji par aapne toh Mallu ko Devi bana diya πŸ˜† Par chalo koi nai bechari ko aapke OS main hee sahi par Ashu mil toh gaya... Happy for her...

Well I felt (in the show in the beginning) that she was mean only till she din't get Ashu.. in the beginning she was shown a decently good human being. She became mean only when-

1. she saw Nidhi snatching away her (acc. to her) Ashu from right under her nose.
2. Sue ka constant bhadkaana. 

Once she got married to Ashu, she mellowed down.. its like uski zidd poori hui.. and she had agreed to be his friend.. the position she was in, she was willing to compromise with just friendship..  and that is what she got from him till 2 years after their mrg.

And Nidhi! Kya bolu???? Mujhe uske koi bhi reaction main koi khot nahi nazar aata... She is just thinking about Ashutosh aur unka pyaar... par Ashu hain na putting some sense into her brain...

Precisely. Aur hame ye nahi bhoolna chahiye ke all the happenings from ch-1 till half of ch-4 happened in just a few hours - from after lunch till say 10 at  night.. she just came to know that her love had not been one side - that's a big change and it (temporarily) makes a kaleidoscopic shift in one's perspective, esp. in cases where old wounds have been stiched up without cleansing with an antiseptic..

Life me jab koi jhatka milta hai - positive ya negative - tab us waqt instantly hum apne mann me kaafi kuch soch baith te hain... lekin after we get used to the new realities, we can easily laugh at out at what we thot earlier..

Aur as you understand, sochne aur karne me bahut farak hota hai - sochte toh hum kaafi kuch hain, but when it comes to doing, we never do even 1% of what we think..

Happy ki Baba mil gaye
πŸ˜ƒ

Ye toh Pakka hain ki Ashni won't get together! Chance hee nahi hain...Ashu khudke swaarth ke liye baakio ki zindagi tabaah nahi karega

Thank you so much Mithee for understanding this so clearly yaar...  I feel proud to have you as my reader.

Baaki ka main kuch nahi bol sakti...I mean main deep analysis nahi kar sakti human behavior...society and all...hum naadan hain...na duniya ko jaante na koi zyaada samajh rakhte hain! Toh...

Arre nahi I am actually amazed at your maturity Mithee.. sachchi.. I am surprised that you are so sensible at this ageπŸ‘πŸ‘.

And the best thing about u is that u are so humble - aap se badi hoon isi naate ek baat bolun? don't ever lose this quality of yours. I know its difficult in today's world but phir bhi.πŸ˜ƒ

Baaki again loved reading the chap the way you portrayed every scene was just Awesome Clap Clap Will wait for the next update...

Thank you so much Mithee.πŸ€—
Edited by sshirley - 10 years ago
PMithalee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: sshirley

</div>
<div>

are next update kaa mat poochho yaar

haven't written anything yet. was v. busy last 2-3 days

Koi nai...koi jaldi nahi par I see u online so sleep πŸ˜›
Tasha1994 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 2
wonderful update. will be waiting for the next update
sshirley thumbnail

Koi nai...koi jaldi nahi par I see u online so sleep πŸ˜›

Kamaal hai, I was sleeping only when u posted this.. may mere phone se online reh gaya hoga..

sshirley thumbnail

Originally posted by: Tasha1994

wonderful update. will be waiting for the next update

Thanks  a lot..

Next update - cant say when
sshirley thumbnail

Note: I have taken creative liberties since I don't know much about NYC and I did not have time to research.

Chapter 5:  Last Chapter

Ashutosh was in deep thoughts as he waited for Nidhi at the appointed Ferry boarding. He had been shocked when Nidhi had asked to spend time alone with him. He realized that until he gave in to one of her demands, her psychological healing would be incomplete and that could ruin her life. She was being plain stubborn about clinging on to something that was never even there.

To break her stubborn streak, he had to play along for once. So he had agreed to spend time with her and told her to leave everything to him.

He had drawn up the plan, but the execution would be a challenge. Five years ago, Nidhi's innocent heart had conjured up some dreams - which had not only remained unfulfilled, but also crushed brutally. Now, that both of them had met suddenly, and she had come to know his true feelings. That had thrown her off-balance.  He wished that he had been more judicious in expressing himself during the room conversation. But it had happened so suddenly that he had been so swept of by the depth of her love for him, that he did not really think through what he had said. He never realized that her wounds were still so raw. As were her dreams. He had been analyzing her behavior and comprehended that a part of her emotional aspect was still at a standstill - the part that conjured up fairy tales of romantic love.

He needed to make a part of that fairy tale come true for her to set her internal healing into motion. If his guess was correct,  their sudden meeting had refreshed those unfulfilled dreams. Those raw dreams needed some kind of closure and he needed to make her realize how those dreams were not what she actually wanted. 

Thankfully, he had got a call from Dr. Ranganath on some official matter related to KGH. It was during that call that it had occurred to him that Dr. Ranganath's wife was Nidhi's childhood friend. Dr. Ranganath had been surprised when he asked to talk to Anji and so was Anji. Anji had refused to answer his questions in the beginning. But, when he told her the reason, Anji had had a brief discussion with him, regarding Nidhi. Anji had told him that his brutal rejection had not only rendered her incapable of giving love a second chance but also undermined her professional confidence. That had made her want to prove herself in the medical field. But she still lacked that assurance about her career. 

It all shocked him! He had never thought that his rejection would break her to this extent. He then asked Anji about Nidhi's husband. It pained him immensely to know that although she was one of the most fortunate girls to marry into a great family, she could not value it fully. It pierced his heart when Anji told him that her husband absolutely doted on her, but that Nidhi did not want to acknowledge her feelings. She had insisted throughout her married life of a little over a year, that she had married her best friend.

Now, Ashutosh hoped that he would make Nidhi realize that he was an illusion and her husband was a beautiful dream that had come true. He sincerely hoped he had pinpointed the cause of her strange behavior correctly. If not, he sighed to himself, his plan would fail and Nidhi would..

Nidhi (Arriving at the place) Hi. I am here.

Ashutosh looked at her closely. Her entire face reflected happiness but not contentment. The zeal he noticed in her while asking for some "sath ke kuch lamhe"  had gone missing now. Nevertheless he flashed a huge smile.

Ashutosh: Thank you Nidhi. Okay, there is still time to board the ferry. You wait here - I want to get something for you!

Nidhi: (Excitedly) What? What is it? Can't I come with you?

Ashutosh: (Smiling) NO. Wait for just 5 minutes. I will be back.

Nidhi looked on excitedly at his receding form, wondering what it was that he was going to bring for her. As she saw him entering the nearby McDonalds, she got confused. Was he getting a burger for her? If so, why didn't he allow her to accompany him?

Ashutosh was out within a few minutes carrying a single large beverage cup. She looked confused - he had got coffee for her?

Ashutosh: (Reaching near her and handing her the paper- cup) Could you please hold it a moment?

As she takes the cup, he opens his backpack and takes out two small plastic glasses that look like the ones in which they had tea at that tea stall a long time ago.

Nidhi: (Delighted) These glasses.. they are similar to.. Oh my God!

Ashutosh: (Taking the paper cup) And here is the tea!

Together, they poured the tea into the plastic transparent glasses

Nidhi: Sirf adrak ki kami reh gayi. But, well, I guess that's asking for too much in the US. (She takes a sip and is surprised) This has ginger! Oh my God! How did you get them to make ginger tea?

Ashutosh: (Smiling) They made regular tea only but I added ginger drops.

She smiled and both enjoyed the tea looking at each other. Once the tea is done, they embark the ferry. As soon as the boat leaves the land, Nidhi closes her eyes to feel the breeze washing away all negative thoughts from her mind. Ashutosh looks at her innocent face and sighs. How he wished the butterfly would fly again! That she would fill up the garden to which she now belonged with her colors and cheerfulness.

Nidhi had mixed feelings of joy, apprehension and something else, she could not pinpoint. Finally she was here, with the man she loved! Her love! She would ensure that this evening was the best of her life. That ginger tea tasted great after so many years, didn't it? Yet, why it had all looked almost silly? Why didn't this feel as good as she had imagined? She should be feeling at the top of the world right now, but.. ? Oh well, may be that happiness would take its own time to sink in.. Maybe, it was just the unfamiliarity and the strangeness of the circumstances. She shrugged off her thoughts and told herself to juss relax, and go with the flow. She opened her eyes to see him looking at her thoughtfully. What was he thinking? His face did not give away anything. Was he thinking about her, and how their life together could have been? She sighed and bit her lip nervously as she wondered how the evening would end? Had he thought of something? Some nagging thought at the back of her mind was bothering her. To distract herself and him, she cleared her throat widely.

Ashutosh: (Shaking off his thoughts) hmmm? Did you say something?

Nidhi: (Thinking up something on the spur of the moment) What would the first thing we see?

Ashutosh: Statue of Liberty.

Nidhi nodded in acknowledgement. There was silence as she waited for him to begin some conversation, but he was looking out at the sea. Nidhi tried to think of something to say or ask him, but realized that she hardly knew the man! They were almost like strangers to each other. Nidhi's attention was claimed as the guide announced that they were near the statue of liberty.

Nidhi momentarily forgets her anxieties as the statue of liberty draws closer. The scene of the green Lady Liberty, in the the surrounding grey blue waters, covered with a blue sky dotted with clouds was simply breathtaking.

Nidhi: (Shouting at the top of her voice) Wow! This is just so.. (Stopping suddenly as she realized that she should not have shouted out like that in his presence.)

Ashutosh: (Smiling) Yes, its beautiful, isn't it?

Nidhi: (Unable to hold back) Not just beautiful, but the entire look is so.. so..  I know it sounds funny.. but its such a liberating view.

Ashutosh: That's exactly the point, isn't it?

Nidhi: Hmmm.. (getting an idea to start a conversation) By the way, do you belive that love is liberating?

Ashutosh: Yes, I think true love is liberating

Nidhi:  Toh phir ise bandhan kyun kehte hain?

Ashutosh: (Looking straight in her eyes, very seriously) Har pyaar bandhan nahi hota.

Nidhi is unable to meet his gaaze and turns away her gaze to the approaching skyscrapers. The Empire state building was an enormous ancient structure. Next came the bridges which were beautifully lighted up as it was evening. They enjoyed the sights, although they did not talk much, since neither could find a topic. They got down at Mid-town Manhattan.  They went to the Subway Station and took the underground train. 

Ashutosh:  So, Doc? Enjoying?

Nidhi: (In a tone that lacked excitement) Of course!

Ashutosh: (After a while) So, your husband's name is Rohan? (As she nods) What does he do? 

Nidhi: (With a glow on her face) Rohan? He is an IIM-A alumnus, and working with a reputed Pharmaceutical company as Marketing Head for UP State. He is expecting a promotion soon.    

Ashutosh: Oh, looks like he is quite a successful young guy. 

Nidhi: (Proudly) Oh! Of course!

Ashutosh just smiles and remains silent throughout the rest of the train ride to let this brief conversation sink into her consciousness.

As they emerge from the subway station, Nidhi's attention is caught by the venders selling sunglasses and handbags.

Nidhi: (In a surprised tone) Wow Vendors in Manhattan?!

Ashutosh: (Nodding, then in a dismissing tone) But its illegal. I think they sell fake branded items, and run away as soon the police comes.

Nidhi: (Suddenly getting excited) Don't tell me! Anji told me about it! She said, if you find these vendors, you are really lucky! I am not going to leave this chance!

And not even giving him a chance, she left him on the walk-board to rush over to the nearest vendor and started picking up some handbags.Ashutosh just watches her - she was behaving just like Amol did as soon as he entered his favorite pastry shop. She claimed his attention by motioning to him.

Nidhi: Hows this blue one?

Ashutosh: (Nonchalantly) It's good.

Nidhi: And this black and white, or wait - that grey one?

Ashutosh: Both are good.

Nidhi: Or should I go in for the plain white one - that's Prada too (To the vendor)  What else you have in Prada? (The vendor shows her a red one and a small clutch in silver) Which one do I buy Dr. Ashutosh?

Ashutosh: Buy whatever you like. How can I tell you?

Nidhi: (Like a kid) But I am confused! I mean I like all.

Ashutosh: (Chuckling) Nidhi, you obviously can't buy the entire stock now. Can you?

Nidhi: (Pouting) Here I am getting confused and you are laughing at me!

Ashutosh could not stop laughing at the way she was behaving. Then he sighed to himself. This was exactly what he had wanted to see. A glimpse of the old Nidhi.

Nidhi: I have an idea. (She starts clicking pictures of the handbags and sends to someone)

Ashutosh: (Laughing again) Nidhi, you are crazy! You sent the pictures to  Anji.

Nidhi: Not Anji! Rohan. He has a fab choice in everything!

Ashutosh is totally surprised and a part of his heart feels grateful too. Now his task would be easier than he had thought. He could just play along. He possibly won't have to do anything at all.

Nidhi waits for a minute and then dials Rohan.

Rohan: (Distractedly) Hello?

Nidhi: Hi, got the pics?

Rohan: Nidhi, where are you?  I thought you had an outing.

Nidhi: Yes, I am in Midtown Manhattan, and I found these vendors selling branded stuff and. I want..

Rohan: Could you please hold on? (Nidhi holds as she hears Rohan talking to his staff) This is fine. Rest you make the changes and show me. If there is anything else, I will call you later. I have to attend to this call. (A moment later she hears the gentle shutting of his cabin door, as Rohan sighs) Okay, now tell me. You are not alone I hope? NYC is not that safe!

Nidhi: Relax Rohan! I am not alone.

Rohan: (Relieved) With a group?

Nidhi: No.

Rohan: Then?

Nidhi: Hain koi. I will tell you when I return.

Rohan: (Whistling) Uh Huh? (Singing) Hamaare siva tumhare aur kitne diwaane..

Nidhi: (Feeling a moment's awkwardness, but shrugging it off and saying in a mock irritated tone) ROHAN! How many times I have told you not to sing..  I can stand a donkey breying but I can't stand your song please!  

Rohan: (Chuckling but in a mock injured way) I know I may not be a Shaan or Sonu Nigam, but come on, I am not that bad!

Nidhi: Okay, whatever! Now, will you please help me?

Rohan: Sure ma'm, tell me.

Nidhi: Well, I found these vendors who sell branded stuff on the walk-board.

Rohan: What? Branded stuff sold like that?

Nidhi: Silly, its fake. A great catch as Anji said.

Rohan: (Getting riled up) But, why are you buying fake. You say you are in Midtown, right? Why don't you go to Bergdorf Goodman and buy some genuine stuff?

Nidhi: Look, I can't throw away a couple of hundred dollars on a silly wallet.

Rohan: Why not? What for do I earn? Go for the best, honey, don't settle for fake.

Nidhi: Please, I am loving this stuff so much. I will get 10 handbags for the price of one wallet here.

Rohan: You won't listen, will you?

Nidhi: No. And get to work now. I sent you a few pics. Go thru them and tell me which to buy. Even Anji has told me to buy 4-5 handbags for her if i found these ones. No one can actually make out they are fake. 

Rohan: Ok hold on..  Hmm.. this shocking pink would be good for Anji. Get the red, the white and black Prada ones for yourself. And that green - well leave it.. it looks too gaudy.. n I don't think the fabric of that black n white stripes is good enough..

Nidhi: Yeah, its kind of thin..

Rohan: I thought so. And look, get the brown LV for yourself. And that Coach cream one for Anji. I think that's it..

Nidhi: (Sighing in relief) What would I do without you!

Rohan: Any time! I am always there for you.

Nidhi: (Casually) I know!

Rohan: (Tenderly) Anything else?

Nidhi: Yes there are also these branded sunglasses. Wait let me click the pics and..

Rohan: Please hurry up I have a meeting.

Nidhi: Ok hold on..

She clicks the pictures and Rohan again promptly helps her choose two for herself and two for Anji.

Rohan: Hey Nidhi, even I want a pair of sunglasses, could you please send me a few pics of gents'..?

Nidhi: Why? You want these fake ones? I will go to Bergdorf Goodman and buy them.

Rohan: (In a mocking tone) Look, I can't throw away five hundred dollars on a silly pair of sunglasses. And besides I just heard from someone that no one can actually make out they are fake!

Nidhi (chuckling) Okay, point noted. Let me send you pics..

Rohan: (In a harried tone) OMG I'm late for the meeting! You buy any sunglasses you like.  I will call you after an hour or so. Bye now!

Nidhi buys the stuff after a lot of bargaining. She neither lets him interfere in the bargaining nor accepts his offer to pay. Ashutosh offers to carry the bags. She relents and give him one of three huge bags. And they start walking again.

Ashutosh: Satisfied with the shopping?

Nidhi: (Nodding) Oh yes! (Apprehensively) I hope those sunglasses I bought for Rohan are good enough. (He just smiles as she continues) You know, he would gladly wear whatever I get for him, so I cannot be sure if he actually liked it..

Ashutosh: (Getting carried and muttering to himself) And yet you think you don't love him?

Nidhi: I beg your pardon? What did you say?

Ashutosh: (Shaking his head) No nothing.

They reach the Rockefeller Center and Nidhi gets excited again, seeing the beautiful lights and the sunken ice-skating rink. Once again they fall silent as they don't know what to talk about. As they cross the Rockefeller Center, they come towards the Radio City Music Hall.

Ashutosh: (Straining his ears, with excitement) I don't believe it! What a timing we have! That's Beethoven.

Nidhi: Be what?

Ashutosh: (Stunned) Don't tell me! You don't know Beethoven?

Nidhi: (Apprehensively) No!

Ashutosh: (Gushing) I could never have imagined that there is anyone in this world, who has not heard his name (As she looks at him crestfallen, he takes a deep breathe and calms himself) Okay, Beethoven was one of the greatest musicians in history. (Listening) And that's my favourite 5th symphony on violin.

Nidhi: (Enthusiastically) Is this your favourite music.

Ashutosh: Absolutely, my all time favourite. Let's listen to it.

Nidhi immediately agrees, since she too is anxious to take interest in his favorite piece of music. They sit on the bench. She listens but since she has no idea of classical music, she starts yawning. But Ashutosh does not notice since he is totally engrossed in the music. She gets up and moves around,

Nidhi: I will just be back.. want something to munch. What do I get for you? Lays or something else? 

Ashutosh: (Distractedly, still concentrating on the music) But don't go too far, be careful. And, no I don't want anything.

Nidhi nods and goes away, looking at her phone. Rohan said he will call her after the meeting. Hadn't the meeting got over yet? She bought a packet of lays and starts munching absentmindedly, as she returned to where Ashutosh was listening to music. The music reached its climax as she sat on the bench. Within two minutes, it got over and Ashutosh turned to look at her.

Ashutosh: (Looking at her hair) Nidhi, there's something in your hair. 

Nidhi: What? Where?

He guides her and she removes the bit of wafer on her hair, when suddenly Ashutosh smiles.

Nidhi: Why are you smiling like that?

Ashutosh: You remember? You deliberately put some namkin in your hair to ..

Nidhi: (Recollecting the Bhujia incident and chuckling) Yeah I remember! (A bit ruefully) How silly I was those days.

Ashutosh: Tell me about it! You and your pranks! (Turning a bit serious) But you know something? It was difficult to punish you even though you broke rules.

Nidhi: (Smiling casually) Why?

Ashutosh: Because you more than made for your mistakes and pranks with your dedication and your medical competence. 

Nidhi: (Her eyes cloud over) I was competent?

Ashutosh: Of course! Why the doubt?

Nidhi: (Fighting back her tears) I.. I don't know.. your words that I am incompetent, irresponsible, indisciplined intern who consistently makes mistakes,.. those words still haunt me! I am always apprehensive whether my treatment is right.. I always have this nagging doubt at the back of my mind that would my treatment harm anyone?

Ashutosh: No way Nidhi.. there is absolutely no reason why you should not be sure of yourself. I trust your talent. And you know something? Amol's paediatrician retired recently and yours was the first name she suggested to me. We did not come to for obvious reasons! But, if the best paediatrician refers us to you, you can guess, right? (Very solemnly) I always knew.. tumhaare haathon me shafaa hai Nidhi. 

Nidhi just breaks down. He pats her head gently and gives her a bottle of water from his back pack.

As they walked towards Times Square, Nidhi felt a lot more confident and her gait had a new assurance. Ashutosh's few words had done what no higher degree or success could have done.

As soon as they reached Times Square, Nidhi saw Toys R Us. Nidhi immediately went inside and Ashutosh helplessly followed.

Ashutosh: Dr. Nidhi, in case you are forgetting, you are children's doctor and not a kid yourself. What do you want to buy from here?

Nidhi: Thank you for kindly reminding me. Let me also remind you that you are a father of a kid and you promised your kid a red helicopter.

Ashutosh: (Suddenly realizing) Good heavens! How did I forget?! Thanks a lot Nidhi for reminding me. If I had forgotten, Amol would have thrown tantrums for days on end.

They choose a helicopter and buy it. By now, they are both tired and famished. They go to a fast food restaurant, where he gets a veg. sandwich while she gets noodles.

Nidhi looks at her cellphone for the nth time in 10 minutes.

Ashutosh: You are looking constantly at your phone, expecting any call?

Nidhi: (With a pout) Rohan said he would call after his meeting...

Ashutosh: I see. Anything urgent that you want to talk about with him?

Nidhi (Impatiently) No! Just that, anyways.. (Digging her fork hungrily into her noodles and eating the first bite, then makes a face) Not as good as Rohan makes.

Ashutosh: (With surprise) Rohan cooks? I don't even go near the kitchen..

Nidhi: Cooks? He is an excellent cook. His noodles are to die for! You know during my MD, he used to stay awake with me and cooked noodles for me in different ways.. You know you should just taste his cheese noodles. I'd give up anything to have them! Then, he used to make endless cups of coffee during my exams. With Rohan, you can always expect the unexpected! He won't ever have anything plain or simple. Even his coffee is different everytime.

Ashutosh looks at her surprised and pained at the realized that there was actually deep mutual love between Nidhi and her husband, but she just failed to acknowledge it even to herself.

Nidhi (With eyes radiating gratitude) If Rohan hadn't come into my life when he did, I would have gone crazy.. I mean, he came immediately after I was.. well, after I left KGH! You know? In the beginning I got irritated with him, but he was always so sweet! (Forgeting Ashutosh's presence) He calls his heart Rajkapoorji, how cute na?

Ashutosh looks at her amusedly.

Nidhi: (Still in her own world) With him around, I just don't need to worry about anything. He understands me better than I do myself. Whenever I am feeling low, he unleashes his barrage of PJs and Shayaris and I am flat on the bed laughing. When my back aches from lifting kids all day, he gives me massage. He guides me whenever I land in a difficult situation. In fact, he is my best friend.. and a lot lot more than that.. I am so lucky to have him in my life.. how I wish, I could love..   

She stops realizing that she was constantly blabbering about Rohan. And more than that, she thought and talked mostly about Rohan all even though she had been looking forward to spending a beautiful and memorable time with Dr. Ashutosh.

Ashutosh: (softly) Don't you?

Nidhi: (Coming out of her reverie) Ji?

Nidhi is stunned by the question. She starts a self-searching exercise.. Seeing her in thoughts, Ashutosh takes out his phone and calls a cab. The purpose of this evening had been served.

Ashutosh: (very softly) Chalen?

She gets up like an automaton and follows him out. She is silent all the way in the cab. When they are just 10 minutes from their hotel, her phone rings.

Nidhi: (Absentmindedly) Hello?

Rohan: Nidhi, you okay?

Nidhi: (Trying in vain to fight back her tears)  Rohan.. I..  I ..

Rohan: (Very worried) What.. what happened Nidhi? Say something.. I am getting really scared.. TUM THEEK HO NA?

Nidhi: (In a shaking voice) I am perfectly fine.

Rohan: Then why are you crying so badly.

Nidhi: Because I have been a fool.

Rohan: What?

Nidhi: (Hardly getting the words out of her mouth) Listen Rohan.. I want to say something  to you that has already been delayed by at least 2 years.

Rohan: What are you talking about? Tum..

Nidhi: I love you Rohan.. Main tumse bahut bahut zyaada pyaar karti hoon. (sobbing and smiling at the same time)  only it took me 5 yrs to realise that ...