AsYa FF: Only in the darkness can you see the stars THREAD #1

saida.m thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Hola!!

Here, I present you with a brand new story! And this time it's a FF!😲

All readers are being warned! This story is very different from my usual fluff!  This had angst and drama! Also, there are snippets of emotional distress.

Let's get on with the first chapter, shall we? 

Chapter 1: Break

Zoya walked into her parents' house in Yorkville using her key. She knew that her parents, Zainub and Aashif Farooqui, would not be home at this time of the day and she had very strategically chosen that time to venture in and get the few things she wanted from her childhood bedroom. She had long since moved out of the house - exactly when she had turned eighteen and now had been living on her own for the past five years.

It was liberating to live her life the way she wanted to, and not the way she was dictated for the first eighteen years of her life.  As she stood in the middle of the house, the hell hole of her childhood home was taunting her and reminding her off the hellish moments she had spent there.

Shaking off the bad memories, she rushed upstairs in order to get out of there as soon as possible. Entering the room, she walked directly towards the closet and searched the far back end of it and retrieved the box she was looking for. It had all her silly, but precious childhood memories, well, the few good ones that there were. It amazed her that she had not thought of getting these back in the last five years. Well, better late than never, right?

Zoya hurried downstairs and wanted to get out of the house. Just as she was walking past the phone table, her foot got caught in the scrunched up part of the carpet, causing her to fly into the table and scatter all the papers and mail that was lying there.

Cursing herself and her clumsy nature, she tried to quickly gather the spilled items and put them back.  As she was keeping the things back, her eyes caught her name on one of the letters. That's strange! She had made sure to get her address changed for all the important mail and all her acquaintances knew that she did not live with her parents. And who would send her a letter? A hand-written letter? Dudes, it was email age!

The letter had an international post but the address was covered in black ink. Strange. She could only make out Bhopal, India; the rest of the address was illegible. Now she was really confused. Curiosity killed the cat. And Zoya Farooqui opened the letter.

She went straight to Zeenat and Anwar's house. 

She had met Anwar Dar in high school and they had become friends almost instantly. Anwar had looked passed the scared and timid girl and had found the bubbly personality that was waiting to be freed. For Zoya, Anwar became her lifeline away from her life at home.

They had gone to the same university and there their little group of two was joined by a mothering Zeenat Sheikh. Anwar had been instantly enamored by Zeenat and Zoya had found a sister in her. Their friendship had gotten only strong over the years and now, they were whom Zoya considered family, not the Farooquis.

Anwar and Zeenat had gotten married soon after graduation from university and now lived in a cozy apartment very near to Zoya's studio apartment in Manhattan.

Ringing the bell to their apartment, Zoya paced outside and almost finished off her thumb nail with all the stressful chewing. She rang the bell multiple times over the course of one minute and the door was opened by a frazzled Zeenat.

"Ya Allah! Zoya! What is wrong with you? Do you plan on destroying the doorbell?" Zeenat scolded her friend but then saw the look on Zoya's face. "Zoya! What happened? You are shaking. Come on in! ANWAR! Come here!"

Zeenat led Zoya inside and made her sit on the couch. Anwar also hurried out after listening to his wife yell for him.

"Zoya? What's wrong? Honey, you are scaring me!" Zeenat looked at Anwar and pointed over to the couch. Zoya was sitting there, staring ahead, rocking herself and chanting a steady stream of no, no, no.

Anwar reached over to where she was sitting and sat next to her. Wrapping one arm around her, he brought her close to him and hugged her. He knew that she would tell them what ever was bothering her, but right now, she only wanted comfort and he gave that to her. Leaning on to Anwar, Zoya started crying and held onto Anwar for dear life. He shushed her as she wet his shirt. Zeenat stood by the side, with tears in her own eyes - she was always the emotional one and cared for Zoya like family, especially after finding about what her real family was like.

After a few minutes, Zoya got herself together and asked Zeenat to bring her laptop. Confused, she went to grab the device. Zoya cleared her cheeks and got her phone out of her bag. When Zeenat came back with the computer, Zoya got the wire out and synced her mobile. She uploaded some pictures and gestured her friends to take a look at it.

"I found this letter in my parents' house. I knew that I could not take the letter with me, although it was addressed to me. So, I took pictures of the letter. Here, read it."

Zeenat and Anwar bent toward the screen to read the letter in the pictures.

My dearest Zoya,

Happy Birthday.

I know that you do not want to talk to me or have any contact with me, and I respect that. Your mother informed me all about your wishes to never see me or hear from me. But, I am finding it very hard to control myself. You are the one thing in my life that I am proud of. Even though I have not been a part of your life, I am sure of the fact that you have grown into a beautiful and confident young women. Not a single day has passed when I did not miss you.

As your father, I have always loved you and cared for you. I hope you know that I never wanted to lose you. What happened was cruel.

I hope that you are happy where ever you are and I pray to Allah that he gives you all that you want. And I also hope that you know that your Abbu's arms will always be open for you.

Allah's blessing be with you.

With all the love in my heart,

Your father,

Ghafoor Siddiqui

Zeenat and Anwar finished reading it and looked at Zoya with identical expressions of shock on their faces.  Zoya looked back at them and before they could say anything, she broke the silence.

"My birthday was two weeks ago. The return address is from somewhere in Bhopal, India. I want to go there. I want to know who my father really is." 

Break away from everybody

Break away from everything

If you can't stand the way the this place is

Take yourself to higher places

-Break, by Three days grace

A/N: So you made it!πŸ˜†

How was it? Please let me know! 

I love longgg reviews. 

Leave me loads of love!❀️

Edited by saida.m - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

WaqtZaya thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Most Comments (August 2021) 1 Thumbnail + 7
gripping start. And you know i am hooked into it. πŸ˜Ž

Ahh poor Zoya 
The.Targaryen thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Ahh...Simi di finally an update from you 
that too an Asya ff😲
And fantastic start to the Story here
and i m already hooked to it
I so loved this chapter<3<3

Edited by -SB- - 10 years ago
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
An interesting start...continue soon...πŸ˜ƒ
-.-Mariam-.- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Interesting start..I'm hooked up with your story...
Would LOVE to read further updates...
PM ms whenever u update..
I have sent you Buddy Request...
Waiting for ur PM & updates...

--MARIAM--
TheAutumnFizz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Awesome start.. Please do continue soon..
ChocoBerry thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hey Saida its a very nice start πŸ‘πŸ‘... hope to get an update soon...
it seems to be a very imotional ff which surely is going to make me cry... I dont mind that though...
I LOVE EMOTIONAL STUFF AND SHEDDING MY TEARS EVEN FOR A STORY...
Please pm me for the updates πŸ˜ƒ

Have sent you a buddy request please accept. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by LoveOnlyAsYa - 10 years ago
shreya11mehra thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Interesting start...
 LoOking frwrd fr nxt part
--starstruck-- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
simiii My Soulsister u strtd a new ff?? yippieee a very very interestn concept although its confusing but hey its just d 1st chapterπŸ˜ƒ
continue soon sister