arshi ff: not cut out for love #1, chapters 1 - 10 **completed**

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

hi everyone,

why am i sitting here at 1.30am writing this story? no idea, but it feels like fun... so just giving it a shot. falling in love, mad sexy romance, well the serial may be over but certainly not a funny girl from lucknow and a crazy man from delhi. again they meet, again it starts, and again we go on a mad spree after what... love? nahiiin. i hope the story works out. if you're reading, please leave your comments, grateful if you do. and i usually reply so do check later. looking forward to meeting new readers... here's wishing you... dhak dhak reading. bye.

created by supriya.arshi

paper scrunched up, crumpled into little balls, was strewn all across the carpeted gray office floor. the clock showed 12 midnight. silence all around. not a soul in the office.

other than the man sitting there with his elbows on the desk, holding his head in his hands. arnav singh raizada was feeling restless.

a terrible restlessness that wouldn't let him be. he couldn't think clearly, couldn't concentrate, couldn't turn it off and get on with what needed to be done.

this was most unusual, he could practically switch the whole world off if he wanted to. even his dear elder sister, the only human being he cared for madly and badly and beyond reason, said there were times he forgot all about her. perhaps he did.

when work called, everything else receded, became secondary.

and look at him now.

there was so much pending. a whole new project in bali with an interesting young french designer. yet all he could think of was lucknow. and pompoms. and a pair of quivering lips.

damn.

he mauled the sheet of paper lying in front of him and flung it on the floor. 

"get out of my head, dammit!" he barked an imperious command at the constant intruder in his head. she looked back at him, fear in her eyes and said "aap aise nahin kar sakte... aap kyun aise kar rahe hain?"

(you can't do this... why are you doing this?)

she wore pompoms on her sleeves and hair and now she was getting angry, her lips were moving, was she muttering something, what was she saying... he put his head on the back of his chair and closed his eyes.

he had to do something about this...

this girl will drive me mad, he thought.

yet, why? why, when he had no time for women in his life... no place for them. they were just trouble... never was he ever going to let a woman ruin him. they were all the same... all, all, all.

another sheet of paper bore the brunt of his frustration.

no he was not going to give in. enough!

he got up abruptly, he was looking tired and disheveled, gorgeously so in fact. he slung his jacket casually over his shoulder, picked up his laptop bag and ran down the curved stairway leading out from his office. as he strode out of the building he said to the security guy, "i'm done, lock up the office, ok? goodnight"

"sir, shall i get someone to bring your car from the parking lot, sir?" the guy hurried after him. it was late and sir had been working since six in the morning...

"no, no, sharma, it's ok, i'll manage."

"but sir, it is late..."

he turned and fixed sharma with a glacial stare. was this man daring to disagree with him? thankfully, sharma realised the folly of his ways and shut up immediately.

asr reached the suv, got in with that easy elegance girls went crazy over, well on a good day he didn't mind a bit of that sort of attention, but tonight he was in no frame of mind to enjoy anything.

that awful restlessness.

as though something was missing... what, he had no idea. he wanted to see a pair of eyes. no he didn't. yes, he did. what nonsense. he started the engine, and pressed hard on the accelerator. he was not going to give in to this feeling.

next morning, he got up slightly groggy. but he knew what he had to do. that bali project was way too important to let something like this get in the way.

he called aman.

it was six in the morning. aman leaped out of bed. at this hour, it could only be one person. quickly he sipped a little water to clear his throat and answered the phone, "good morning, sir... aman here."

asr smiled. some things never let you down...

"aman, now listen carefully... take down this name... khushi. kumari. gupta. yes kumari, aman... k...u...m... okay, got that? she lives in lucknow. please find her and tell her we would like to offer her a job starting tomorrow... what? address?... how the hell should i know, aman? what do i pay you for... find out dammit!!"

aman tried to keep his voice calm as he replied "yes, sir, of course, sir, no problem, sir."

asr relaxed a bit, "okay now make sure she is here by tomorrow... salary? aman, pay her whatever she asks for. job? oh anything... let her be my assistant... oh that's you... okay, lavanya's then, or akash's... aman, what does it matter... just get her here, will you?"

he told himself this was a good idea. in fact, this was the only way to handle this menace. get her over, let the restlessness settle down... concentrate... get the bali project done. that'll be over in six months... and then.

and then?

and then... why? just ask her to leave, of course. go back to whatever small town she came from. six months. that's all he needed her here for. just for the project. after that he'd be free.

in lucknow, a young woman woke up looking bright and fresh. as she sat up in bed, she did several quick namastes, "hey devi maiyya, kitna sundar din hai aaj... aaj mausam hai suhana..."

created by sunshine80

i started this story on a whim, now 6 chapters on i am so happy to see it's going well... a bit crazy. that's the core of this one i guess... the essential topsy turvy of khushi and asr. many of you have left lovely comments. thank you for each one.

~~~

a review by omoraboti whose stories i never ever miss... thanks so much, dear girl.

"get out of my head, dammit!" 

There .. there you have given words to the one reason why he had been so cruel to her! I just loved the way you have described his inner turmoil .. what really ticked him so much. The restlessness, the need for something he did not want to accept .. something in his head he did not want to let enter .. and still wanting to see a pair of eyes only.

I love the way you use ASR not Arnav in parts of your story. You easily let us understand in which state of mind he is right now and it really helps to build the mood, to visualize his demeanor .. his body language.

just get her here, will you?

There lies the solution to all his problems, no? πŸ˜† He had to see her. And he needed to concentrate. Denial .. will it come? And for how long will it say?

Will be waiting to see how the "suhana mausam" turns out in Lucknow! And of course .. eagerly waiting to know how really Arnav Singh Raizada walked into this "mess"?πŸ˜†

PS: I was helping my my 4.75 year old to practice writing alphabets. And seeing his confusion with capital & small letters, I was wondering why they really needed to differentiate like this when punctuation could easily solve the problem. Just thought of telling you. πŸ˜‰

~~~

chitrajay, i love your first line... may it always rain so.

It's raining ASR!!!!!
Story after story, you never fail to get my attention...

Loved how you have given a different twist to IPK
Loved the reference to Anjali and the Lucknow incident - pompoms and a pair of quivering lips, haan? So Mr. ASR is finding it difficult to forget one itty bitty crazy girl from
Lucknow that he has to "plan" and manipulate her into working for him- shaatir dimaag at work? All in the name of regaining focus for the Bali project? Deluded much, Mr. Raizada? Whatever - bring it on !
Bali - love this place- maybe someday, I can retire to this place - always come back with the feeling that I want to go again!
And this time I have to applaud the meticulous details you go into
Running down the curved staircase,
The bit about Aman drinking water to clear his throat, the entire description of ASR leaving the office - simply superb!!!
I do not promise to comment regularly but will try n read whenever I can.[:-D]
Great going, IndiDi! πŸ‘

PS- and yes, inspite of being tired, disheveled and losing half his wardrobe, ASR was always gorgeous to me πŸ˜†
And I certainly agree with the "easy elegance" too!!! 😊 

adding on 30 april... a big surprise from sweet sunshine... a trailer for ncofl.
i can't believe she did this. touch and thrilled. here it is.

[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3N_VFd2QM7c&feature=youtu.be[/YOUTUBE]
this got taken down by star india and youtube for what reason i really have no idea... but it was a most touching gesture by my friend, so this stays here. thanks, sunshine80.

Edited by indi52 - 8 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail

index

all my stories

ff: without you

thread 3

thread 4

chapter 30    chapter 31   chapter 32

arnav singh raizada and khushi kumari gupta are beautiful characters conceived and created by the writers, actors, directors, producers of iss pyaar ko kya naam doon. while watching them across 398 episodes of this daily serial, somewhere the characters started becoming part of my life, and began to belong to me. i thank the original creators for a lend of the two characters as i weave my own tales about them. thanks also for all the other players. these stories are written just for pleasure and involve no commercial gain, but have to say the enjoyment is priceless.

Edited by indi52 - 9 years ago
zar-bara thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
nice prologue:) 
indi52 thumbnail
^^^

welcome, my first reader. 😳

and thanks so much.

DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Hey, it's pouring stories, with special Indi flavour. πŸ˜ƒ 

Res'ing. 😳 

I am back.

Wow Indi. A whole new scenario. Office plot, Bali project, 6 months, lot of terms from different tracks taken and being merged together. This is going to be interesting. Looking forward to the route that this story would take to flow. Aman is a thing? Poor guy.
Edited by DurgaS - 10 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail
here was so much pending. a whole new project in bali with an interesting young french designer. yet all he could think of was lucknow. and pompoms. and a pair of quivering lips.

Indi, just loved how he can not get her out of his mind and he must have her sooo hire her for six months.  Love it!  He is the most mesmerizing man I could think and dream of!  And Khushi is the only one for him!  Love where the story might go lol
Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago
Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail
Indi, always love that incorporation of original ASR- Khushi scenes in your stories and then taking off to a different but very riveting scenarios and encounters.. this one reminding of one Sunday afternoon he sat in his cabin thinking about her!!! 

Restless ASR.. surely a tantalizing idea... looking forward to a heady mix! 
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

here was so much pending. a whole new project in bali with an interesting young french designer. yet all he could think of was lucknow. and pompoms. and a pair of quivering lips.

Indi, just loved how he can not get her out of his mind and he must have her sooo hire her for six months.  Love it!  He is the most mesmerizing man I could think and dream of!  And Khushi is the only one for him!  Love where the story might go lol

cynthia,

thanks and good to see you here. mesmerizing? the man doesn't let me sleep... this crazy need last night to keyboard this pronto. what's the hurry i asked myself... nahiii, now, came the reply.

i have no clue where this story is headed. just had to start. hope it's thrilling.

am not pm-ing and bugging people with my endless fiction sanaka.

but i see some friends here already. thank you and πŸ€—

indi52 thumbnail

thank, yapping duck... hope it works out well. πŸ˜†
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Horizon

Indi, always love that incorporation of original ASR- Khushi scenes in your stories and then taking off to a different but very riveting scenarios and encounters.. this one reminding of one Sunday afternoon he sat in his cabin thinking about her!!! 

Restless ASR.. surely a tantalizing idea... looking forward to a heady mix! 

aaah, horizon, good to see ya. am not pm-ing this one... too much fiction from indi.

but you remember that sunday? wasn't it delightful... how i would love to make a man go that slow burning crazy for me. even now at this stage ha ha.

thanks for saying what you do about the way i see the two... somewhere they are always their original selves for me. that's the thrill of them. if i want to write about someone with just streaks and bits of their traits, guess i'd need to create my own character.

especially khushi, i know because she is not really like many of us, we often reinvent her... but she as she is, is asr's heartbeat, his love... i may shift around certain things in her because i feel she has it in her... while sp and writers didn't... but essentially, she is the girl with the slipping mojri.