Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago
episode 116

he turned and there was the key on the table. right next to the broken glass and a smear of red. his eyes focused only on the key. he grabbed it and went to hurl it away.

but her voice cut in... "zara suniye!" please listen...

there she was in white walking toward him, arm outstretched, key in hand. the mazar, the day that di had sent him against his wishes to do things that thanked for wishes being fulfilled. the day he saw her for the second time.

somehow, he couldn't let that key go. part of their connection, this inanimate little object. seemed to have a meaning, though it really shouldn't.

then the red smear registers. it's blood.

"khoon?" why i wonder, the voice over is someone else's or did i really not recognise barun's voice?

quickly his mind connects dots... he's pushing her, turning away, she's falling.

the khoon is khushi's and it's there because he was brutish once again. the hurt cuts to the core.

"khushi?!" wrenched out of him, just her name.

in the way he says her name there's always something of his intense feeling. every time asr utters her name, he seems to give the lie to a rather famous writer's much quoted line, "what's in a  name?" there's too much in his "khushi" for me to ever think the name was just a physical indicator with no real intrinsic, essential necessity to it. no, juliet, romeo had to be romeo and not any other of name, khushi is inalienably khushi... and always asr had to be asr. which is why the mere thought of an arnav mallick had me in a blue funk, even though his first name is the same. identity, you, all there in that name.

and when asr says, "khushi," it becomes a love story in itself sometimes. like today. i listened to just that one call and heard fear, guilt, desperation, love, care, fear, desperation, guilt all in his voice. if barun sobti hadn't understood that feeling exactly, no amount of directing could have given us that hoarse ragged dear god bring her to me sound.

"khushi?!!"

nor that look.

her left hand wrapped in dupatta she prays, "hey dm, humari madat karo ki hum pichli saari baaton ko bhool jaaye," help me so that i can forget the past... she wants to live, not succumb, she is a fighter too, and even if it kills her she will do all she can to survive the bleakest hour and look toward light.

the 18 year old promises never to go back to that house nor see uss laad governor's face. that laad gov... that khushi, that girl. the sense of possessiveness in the way they refer to the other, mine to be rude about, ok? how much she wants to see him, which is why a huge promise must be made... like i promise not to eat rice every day, ha. since morning she's been praying for this resolve, not to see him. because of that key (oh how we like to fool ourselves)... but now, never.

"humne unhe unki mannat ki chabi bhi lauta di... bhool se bhi unhe yaad nahin karenge" how sweet, even by mistake i won't remember him... uppermost in her mind is that awful man still. i believe you must have thought well for me, with this faith she closes her eyes to pray as the conch blows, as the wind rises again. the wind?

and a car comes swishing into frame. a man in a cool gray suit, blue shirt, shades on, makes his way  purposefully up the steps of the temple.

the wind grows thicker, insistent.

she's leaving the mandir... he is walking up.

as she steps off the temple hall, her dupatta is caught by the wind and hurled on her face. a "wake up, khushi" from the skyriding gust?

if the parting had been calamitous the night of diwali, equal and opposite reaction is here. a momentous meeting. like no other.

piano notes join the wind as the moments are stretched preparing...

at last, she pulls the veil off and she looks up, only to freeze on the spot. beyond the veil... the most beloved, the most hated face.

no thought, no words, no waste of precious time... la la hm mhm hm hm hmhmmm, the piano goes into happiness, joy and the sheer sweetness of you in my life. she looks bemused, he slowly takes off his shades, all his feelings in those eyes.

imagine this moment, khushi. all that was everything between you, then by the pool a losing of inhibitions, after that the vicious strike of you mean nothing to me... then a last meeting... again the turmoil. but now at last you've made up your mind though your heart yearns for another reality. yet you will strive... never see him again.. never. and then your eyes find him. just that. and the music goes dreamy. what a moment.

"khushi?" again he calls her.

a little unsure, almost gentle, asking?

she walks away. immediately the flare up. so so asr. that tenderness wants a chance but the gussa holds sway. you can't walk away while he is talking to you...

"khushi, main tumse baat kar raha hoon, tum aise nahin ja sakti," i am talking to you, you can't walk away.

firebrand waits a bit, then turns and challenges... "kyun nahin jaa sakte? yeh zindagi humari apni hai..." this is my life... i can go where i please when i please and anyway i don't work for you now, so you have no right to order me (that ultra cute northie "aarder" for order).

no right?

through gritted teeth, "don't talk to me like that." what pure unadulterated anger.

he has this thing about being spoken to badly. but i feel he's almost pleading at a level, he can't take her harsh tone, it hurts him. i know, too bad, he's the rudest harshest being of all, but what to do tender he is of heart when it comes to jhalli.

she never learns. she pushes him... why? what will you do?

and she turns away to leave.

well he has to do what he has to do.

that familiar hold, that grip on her shoulder. she squirms... but today he's here to hold her like that and find out something. slowly his hands started sliding down her arm, he just wanted to see what he'd come here to see. the damage he'd done.

she's puzzled, he's transfixed. he holds her wrist, she jerks her arm back. he is not giving up... draws her arm up holding it gently.. then holding her still, he removes that covering of dupatta from her left hand, and there lies the inch long cut, still alive, bleeding, on her tender innocent hand.

the episode design was built ona neat intercutting pattern between the scenes of two lovers who have decided to part today forever and engagement talk between buaji and a man who is married but has an unhealthy interest in engagements. we know now that 6pm is the blessed hour just five minutes away.

"tumhe" his voice is clouded, unclear... as though in shock. she's hurt, she bleeds. he feels his blood draining out. these are strange chaotic feelings not that sweet thing poor khushi believes love is.

he gathers himself... swiftly, huskily, and unbelievably sexily, "tumhe chot lagi hai," you're hurt.

"toh, aap se matlab?" so, what's it to you? yes, she is cut to the heart by his cruel words and will give some of the real chot he's given her right back to him. that "matlab" thing.

altercation again. what's your problem, why are you bothered. stop the tamasha... till he takes command.

"humara haath chhoriye," let go of my hand, she's reaching another level of anger. when lovers quarrel, why is it that anger always seems to arouse other passions, something sexual? but not when you fight with someone who means nothing to you.

dark saturnine look.

he has taken out a handkerchief and started dabbing the wound. uuhhh, an indrawn breath from her. oh it hurts.

that cut and that uuhhh reminds me of cut through. he seems to have achieved this cut through with her and she with him from that first moment. in a world full of people two strangers meet, and they register with each other instantly, it's rare, there's a sense of meant to be in it. even if both walked away from each other at this very moment, never will either forget the other nor not get a thrill, a pleasurable uuuhhh if they thought of the other.

it's almost six.

had to be recorded on shyam's watch. nice touch.

bells ring, conch shells sound, the auspicious hour is here, the chants begin... om swasti na indro... the peace prayers then the mantras to dm...  and on the temple grounds, a  young man with no faith in idols or god as we understand the word, holds a dm worshiping young girl's left hand and starts tying a gauze bandage on her ring finger. the finger whose nerve they say connects straight to the heart, the way a key connects to a girl, the way the thought of her hurt connects to a desperate love.

the beauty and sanctity of this moment is paramount and creatives have given it all they have, the camera movements, the lighting, the sound, the pace, all of it.

asr and khushi are tying some sort of knot,  feels like it is for life. (and believe it or not, as i write this sitting in a hotel room in sydney facing a garden with a beautiful church right beyond it, the church bells ring joyous and jubilant... a wedding is on... my daughter said two weddings are on, she saw two brides and two bride grooms... make whatever connections you will of this fact).

when he held on and put his hand in his pocket to pull out the bandage, it was the most beautiful moment for me somehow. he'd carried a bandage for her, he came all the way just so he could take care of the wound the girl who means nothing to him has got thanks to him. he would tend to her... not anyone else... he. if he could hurt, he could heal. his khushi, his responsibility. he stood before all and drew her near and tied the bandage over and over till he was certain it will protect her.

what must she have felt when she saw the first aid preparation. bet he also put some ointment, etc. she just watched him do his work. the significance of it all somehow not lost on her. dm watched over them, the creatives were not talking any chances that you didn't get the point.

but really, even without dm, even without mahurat and all the chanting, just by itself the whole thing was magical. and  desperately beautiful.

there are many reasons i can never have enough of bad boy asr, this is one of them. that revelation of a loving heart behind khadoos, and none of your soppy nonsense... though he wants to bawl at having hurt his dueling partner, he is practical, all set with things of use, not just silly sweet words. months later, even as he went nuts, he will think of a mangalsutra and sindoor because even though he hates her, she needs them to even think of a thing called marriage. crazy man.

a handsome devoted man, a gorgeous in love girl, and  an attraction that pulls them even when they push each other away. how intimate, how loving his hands on her soft ones, making pain go away. another glimpse of this thing called love. wonder which rasa.

she watches silently. he works absorbed. just a couple of times he looks at her. nihatya, unarmed, as he is,  feelings evident... no rancour.

it's done. she's all flustered after that rapt attention. if he looks at her like that any more...

"humne mana kiya tha na," i'd set not to. she's retreating to agreed battle lines.

offense is the best defence and in seconds both warriors arm themselves anew. "aap kya chahte hain humse," what do you want from me... would he ever be able to answer that.

"beta, leo arati," god walks in to help the two.

and the nastik, the atheist offends the astik, the theist again.

bhagwan, kismat talk... meri marzi, my wish, too. and so she goes all the way to, some day you'll realise the hand of god in everything, but that day i won't be there.

what an opening for a shatir fighter. why that day, returns he promptly... now, this minute, get out of my life. warriors take position. a song going crazy trying to make head or tail of this chaotic twosome.

the synchronised turn away. the walking away from each other. both committed to never seeing the other again. lovely. the most stylish put back of shades in the history of the planet. aviators, i think they are called.

shyam has put babuji through hell again to get that ring on her finger. he deserves a noose around his neck. "suhag ki sej paane ke liye arthio ka dar dikhana padta hai," to get the wedding night bed one must put the fear of the death bed into people. the sick twisted cretin, with its disturbing knowledge of the human mind alerting all who watch to the game of manipulation.

my last thought, khushi had looked so sad, so terribly heart broken as she's walked away from rm a while ago. she really felt all was over. but that appearance of her hotshot in his deadly glasses with his arms and ammunition, that broken "tumhe," everything seemed to put the zizz back in her, and shew as all take on the world, show you what i'm made of as she stormed of. lot of ishtyle in our man's stride too. obviously, they both knew all was far from over. though they were never gonna meet again. ever. samjhi tum?

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
hi everyone, we have the next thread ready.
episode 119 will be posted here. see you. πŸ˜³

Blast from the Past #11
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: BarunDiwani

Friendly Disclaimer: My words, thoughts  and ideas are mine only, please do not copy. You are welcome to use it, but credit accordingly. Thank you!

Episode 114-115: mat jao...don't go

As one of the longest night of their lives winds down,  two broken souls stand under the open sky, in the moon light, under the stars, quietly emoting and sharing  their sorrows that resulted from events that unfolded. It only took an instant for things to go from heaven to hell, but this suffering feels eternal, never ending to both.  As he looks up, as she looks on, words from an initial promo of the show comes to mind

"Kaash mein turmse nafrat kar paati"

"I wish i  could hate you"

She is hurt and wounded badly tonight, but still not an ounce of hatred for him.  Maybe if she could hate him, it was ease the pain a bit, but its not to be. When her amma told her to go see him off, she ran after him  and thanked him. She never could really hate him, even when he is at his worst with her. After the forced marriage, only once in the heat of the moment she used the word nafrat (Hate)...it was after he used it first. soon his "manna ki chabi" will resurface, something she has kept with her since the day after their first meeting at sheesh mahel, when she had every reason to hate him and throw it away...but for some reason unknown she kept it.Like he will always be her protector, she will always be his savior as she holds  his key. always have some understanding of him that allows her to forgive all of his harshness.

"Kaash mein tummse muhobbat kar paata"

"I wish i could love you"

He hated himself for hurting her, for wanting her so bad but at the same time for wanting to stay in control of his feelings, his promise to himself... How much easier would it be for him if he could free himself tojust love? the way he looks up at the sky here, felling her, i feel that's what he's trying to convey. 

Both have made a decision tonight to bind themselves to people they refused to before, spreading happiness all around them while they suffered internally in center, thankfully it didn't go unnoticed by their sisters. Both Anjali and Payal are afraid they made the decision in "jaldbaazi"(in haste).

Though Anjali wants so bad for her brother to settle down with his love, but she can't ignore his eyes and like she says, they never lie to her.

"Kahin yeh faisla tumne jaldbaazi mein to nahi liya na?" at the very thought of "jaldbaazi"  Di's question has him thinking about his haste decision, for a moment his face even  reads "what have i done?" and when Anjali point blank asks him 

"Chhotey, bataao hamme.tum khush to ho na?"

"Chhote, tell me, you're happy right?"

Normally an honest person, he can never lie facing someone ( also those expressive chocolate beauties always give everything away) he turns his back to his sister. "of course  Di, mein khushi hoon (i'm happy)" but his flat voice, and eyes tell a different story. After all, he pushed happiness, his khushi  away tonight.

There is more talk of dil vs. dimaag, Anjali wants to confirm that he made the decision with his heart not mind, to which he had no answer, as he mostly made the decision with neither dil or his dimaag. He did what he had to do, in the process breaking two hears, his included.

Payal also pushes Khushi for answers, also wanting to be sure that her sister is happy with her decision. She aks if Shyam is the man she can spend her whole life with and Khushi replies with  "jiji, ab hamne faisla le liya hai na (jiji, i've made the decision na)? didn't you see how happy buaji, amma, babuji were?"

Payal didn't let her dodge the question "Aur tu? (and you?)" 

If  Khushi was facing her, Payal would have no need to ask such a question since its in her character to always shows  what's in heart is on her face, she would see pure sorrow on it. Her eyes close trying to gather her broken self, then she tries hard to force that deceptive smile, it wasn't convincing enough for Payal today. She know the decision has been made in "bahut jaldbaazi" "sooch to liya hai na tune?"..."are you sure you thought about it?" she asks

Khushi  looks down at those payals on her ankles, him putting it on her with every right. how special she must've felt then, 'kucchh cheezein bas yun hi ho jaati hai, bina soche, bina samjhe (some things just happen, without thinking, without understanding)" Payal is of course confused ... then thoughts of his sharp words cut across Khushi's heart again and says something to confuse Payal even more "jo bhi hua, i'm ready to forget it...and anyway, i don't have to go there anymore" ...in the end she leaves it up to her DM, "woh sab sambhaal legi"

DM obviously not ready to let her forget, she wastes no time in in waving the key in Khushi's face the next morning. The last time she looked at it was after she given him a piece of her mind and later felt bad about it, she had no idea what to make of the feeling she had when she held it that day. Today however its all too clear, how she sensed his essence through it, and how it adds to her pain. The same way he felt her through her pearls and payal, his mehsoos seems to be trapped in this key. 

Arnav threw the pearls away in hope to get rid of her, and after last night, Khushi also doesn't know how to live with a part of him to always remind her of what may have been or the words that left her wounded. The only things is, unlike Arnav, Khushi wouldn't dare throw away his mannat ki chabi. Buaji snaches the key from her and  asks "Konu khazane ki chabi hai jo itna sambhaal ke rakhi hai (does this key open some big treasure that you're taking care of it so well?)?...no buaji, its a key to a man and when she finally unlocks him completely, it will be better and any treasure she could ever acquire.

"kuchh khaas nahi hai (its nothing special)" Khushi had to close her eyes to gather some courage to get that answer...but when buaji throws it down, it was as if her  heart was being tossed. 

Soon after, at the request of her amma she calls Anjali, as she didn't want to risk talking to him, to let them know she won't be coming anymore but  Anjali and Nani insist on her coming one more time... she tells Buaji and Garima that she won't go there..."Why should i go? so he can be rude to me again...I- i won't go"...def not convincing enough, she know she would cave and go.

At the RM Arnav freezes on the stairs at hearing the word jilebi from Anajli who wants to make it for Khushi. He keenly  listens as talks of how much shs did for the family and how truly wonderful she is. Somthing about how his family loves her does make him feel good. Nani brings out a gold chain with  DM pendent wanting to make this day special "aaj unka aakhri din hai na?"...

POW! it hits him, its her last day. 

When he announced his engagement, he didn't take this tiny bit into account did he?  Back in his room furiously typing away, another one of his traits when he's got something on his mind, the key strokes keep halting as his mind keeps detouring to flashbacks of  a heartbroken Khushi, then Nani's words  ring in this ears '"aaj unka aakhri din hai na?" her last day, a brutal reminder of how he felt when he thought she would leave "hamesha ke liye...He closes his eyes to this unfathomable thought,  when La interrupts and once again mentions her last day. he slams the laptop and  leaves...a major proof of farq padta hai.  

On his way downstairs, perhaps to his precious garden getaway, on again he stops at the same steps as earlier when there are more talks of Khushi. Nani asks if there is a way to keep her coming back, then La asks if there is anyway to convince her (he seem intrigued with that thought, wouldn't he love to "manaav" Khushi? pacify her? admit his mistake deep down inside? ) but when Anjali mentions that, it would be tough to get her back as she had to be convinced  to come even today , something snaps. Maybe he couldn't take all this "farq padta hai." or he is just angry that she dared to refuse to come back to the RM...to him. He is dealing with so many emotions and inner turmoil...there is only way to express them: anger.

"Di kya zarurat this usse yahan bulane ki? uska kaam yahan khatam  ho chuka hai na? woh iss ghar se ja chucki hai aur hamaari zindagi se bhi, phir kyu bulaaya usse? "

"Di, what was the need to  call her here? her work is done  here, she's gone from this house and our life too, then why did you invite her back?

How much in pain is he in? She is gone from our house and "hamaari zindagi" ...our life, my life. Kushi's first day at the RM, he screamed at the top of his lungs, "GET OUT!...iss ghar mein jaga banane nahi doonga"...today only devastation under his anger as it sinks in she is really  out. judging by  how Nani, Anjali and La conspire to bring her back,  it's safe to say she's made her place hasn't she?  and judging by just  how much farq padta hai now, she's certainly made her  place in him...perhaps infuriating him further, he makes a few more inferiorating remarks

"waapis aa ke kahi ek din ke extrea paise maangne na lage (make sure she doesn't ask extra money for one day )"   and when Nani or Anjalir try to get a word in, they don't stand a chance.

"Haan Di, mein bhi yeh ho kehe raha hoon, kyu ki mein bhi pareshaan ho chuka hoon, Khushi yeh, KHushi woh, BAS kijiye..."

"Yes Di, , that what i'm saying because i'm getting frustrated too, Khushi this Khushi that, ENOUCH..."He may as well be tell this to a mirror, fed up with himself  as his kamzori (weakness)remains even after shunning her out.  

He turns to go back to his room, but a familiar breeze halts him, regardless of how much he wants to forget her, he is forever longing for  this breeze that brings her mehsoos. He feels it as if life depends on it. He can never ignore it, and must turn to look...there she stood with tears. He realizes he broke her heart again...what's interesting is no sign of all that anger

Khushi turns to leave but Nani stops her (gotta love that Nani), he looks on as Anjali and La cheer her up and bring her in.  One look from Khushi and he briskly walk up a few steps, only to stop and turn again, she also has to look and notices his face speaks a differ language than what his lips were just speaking when she walked in. In maamiji's words "sab d-rama hai"

Nani, Anjali and La present their special gifts to Khushi and a cheap cruel joke by mamiji just ended when they her Arnav's loud yelling

"JUST SHUT UP!! I asked for coffee not juice!" Poor OP tries to defend him self, and provide proof, but he also didn't stand a chance in Arnave's state of mind. "just get out" and whn OP tries to pick up the pieces of the glass that Arnav broke,  He screams some more, teeth clenched "I said just leave dammit!!" 

Downstairs, Nani makes a comment about Chotey's anger of recent.  Khushi seems to have a clue or she may even fully understand  that hightened pain = hightened anger with her laad governor.

Panditji comes for La, but Khushi makes an excuse...she can see him from downstairs, even catches him looking at her, before quickly  looking away .  She tries to walk away but, she just can't.  Imagine, the person that says terrible things to you, hurts you to no end, you promis yourself never to see him again, but you're helpless when  the heart wants to reach out to him. 

Maybe it was the best time to return the key, like the payal, its purpose also done, she had unlocked parts of him that he didn't know he had.  If it wasn't for his fear of losing control,  this love story may have been ready for a happy ending. But, its not to be the case right now. He closes the doors back, but IMO won't be able to lock her out completely.   In her mind, she is just returning whats his, just doesn't want it around her anymore. Having said all of that, i strongly feel she goes up to check up on him. She is worried about his  hightened gussa and knows it has to do with them.

By the poolside, the gust of wind blows and he savors her ehsaas again, and he must turn once again, they have a moment before his eyes turn on her 

"chali jaao yahaan se." "go away from here"

Her "akhri din", last day is eating him up inside. she takes a few steps. He continues with his harsh words.

"na tumse baat karni hai, na tumhari shakkal dekhni hai, just say bye to everyone and leave" His goto line these days, sounds like a rootha hua  small child.

"hame bhi aapse baat karne ka koi man nahi ha...hamto si"" i have no desire to talk to you also, i just-" 

"maine kaha na mujh tumse koi baat nahi karni hai Khushi kumaari Gupta! Ek baar kahi huyee baat tumh samajh nahi aati? " I told you , i don't want to talk to you about anything  KKG,  don't you get it when i say it the first time?"

"par aap.." "But you" 

He furiously grabs a hold of her shoulders, pulls her towards him yet he yells "I said LEAVE dammit!!."  In this instant, it would've either been a hard passionate kiss or a vigorous shoving away..

His will power must be strong, he chose to vigorously push her away, her hand lands on the broken pieces of glass, but he is looking the other way hiding in his own pain

He opens his eyes,  still to her mehsoos, Tum ab bhi yehi ho?...i siad" he turns around to noone. Did she leave her  essence in that key?? why else would he  feel her presence when she leaves?

Khushi hides another "chot" given by him, wrapping her dupatta around her hand. She Insists on leaving and when she tells them she has to stop by the temple, noone pressures her to stay. A heartfelt goodbye from Anjali, Nani  and La...Not so much  by mamiji. She really had become a part of this family, later on, after forced marriage, when she goes to GH, she leaves really sadly .

As she takes steps towards the door, he rushes to see in secret. 

If anyone saw, they would  say his heart is sinking.  Khushi leaves with a heavy heart like she leaving a huge part of her behind. A sad melody takes over, these 46 seconds are so moving. eventhough we know kabootri will be back the next day, Sobti/Sanaya and gang make us live in the moment and feel the impact of her last day.

DROOL CORNER!!!!!!!!!!! 

can't get over this look, seeing her for the first time after he hurt her❀️❀️ so many emotions but remorse is also there.

beautiful beautiful opening... a few muaahs for that. heaven to hell in seconds, eternal pain, wunderbar. her going top check on him, devastatingly cute, yeah maybe shew as doing just taht. after all unhe shakkar mana hai and people with sugar shouldn't yell and scream, could be a sign the shakkar is up... or whatever, but this good wife thing in her ever since nainital and him beating goondas up. what say? even then, the prattle in the car... so wife like... get his mind off the hell.

love the key edit and last line super. loved it all, thanks.

Horizon thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 116

he turned and there was the key on the table. right next to the broken glass and a smear of red. his eyes focused only on the key. he grabbed it and went to hurl it away.

but her voice cut in.. "zara suniye!" please listen...

there she was in white walking toward him, arm outstretched, key in hand. the mazar, the day that di had sent him against his wishes to do things that thanked for wishes being fulfilled. the day he saw her for the secone time.

somehow, he couldn't let that key go. part of their connection, this inanimate little object. seemed to have a meaning, though it really shouldn't.

then the red smear registers. it's blood.

"khoon?" why i wonder, the voice over is someone else's or did i really not recognise barun's voice.

quickly his mind connects dots... he's pushing her, turning away, she's falling

the khoon is khushi's and it's there because he was brutish once again. the hurt cuts to the core.

"khushi?!" wrenched out of him, just her name.

in the way he says her name there's always something of his intense feeling. every time asr utters her name, he seems to give the lie to a rather famous writer's much quoted line, "what's in a  name?" there's too much in his "khushi" for me to ever think the name was just a physical indicator with no real intrinsic, essential necessity to it. no, juliet, romeo had to be romeo and not any other of name, khushi is inalienably khushi... and always asr had to be asr. which is why the mere thought of an arnav mallick had me in a blue funk, even though his first name is the same. identity, you, all there in that name.

and when asr says, "khushi," becomes a love story in itself soetimes. like today. i litened to just that one call and heard fear, guilt, despearation, love, care, fear, desperation, guilt all in his voice. if barun sobti hadn't understood that feeling exactly, no amount of directing could have given us that hoarse ragged dear god bring her to me sound.

"khushi?!!"

nor that look.

her left hand wrapped in dupatta she prays, "hey dm, humari madat karo ki hum pichli saari baaton ko bhool jaaye," help me so that i can forget the past... she wants to live, not succumb, she is a fighter too, and even if it kills her she will do all she can to survive the bleakest hour and look toward light.

the 18 year old : I see you mention this often.. remember they made 22/ 23 later on.. which sat rather  well with me than 18 some how!

promises never to go back to that house nor see uss laad governor's face. that laad gov... that khushi, that girl. the sense of possessiveness in the way they refer to the other, mine to be rude about, ok? how much she wants to see him, which is why a huge promise must be made... like i promise not to eat rice every day, ha. since morning she's been praying for this resolve, not to see him. because of that key (oh how we like to fool ourselves)... but now, never.

Aren't these promises of theirs were like calling some one to tell NOT to call!!!

"humne unhe unki mannat ki chabi bhi lauta di... bhool se bhi unhe yaad nahin karenge" how sweet, even by mistake i won't remember him... uppermost on hermind is that awful man still. i believe you must have thought well for me, with this faith she closes her eyes to pray as the conch blows, as the wind rises again. the wind?

and a car comes swishing into frame. a man in a cool gray suit, blue shirt, shades on, makes his way  purposefully up the steps of the temple.

the wind grows thicker, insistent.

she's leaving the mandir... he is walking up.

as she steps off the temple hall, her dupatta is caught by the wind and hurled on her face. a "wake up, khushi" from the skyriding gust?

if the parting had been calamitous the night of diwali, equal and opposite reaction is here. a momentous meeting. like no other.

piano notes join the wind as the moments are stretched preparing...

at last, she pulls the veil off and she looks up, only to freeze on the spot. beyond the veil... the most beloved, the most hated face.

no thought, no words, no waste of precious time... la la hm mhm hm hm hmhmmm, the piano goes into happiness joy and the sheer sweetness of you in my life.  she looks bemused, he slowly takes of his shades, all his feelings in those eyes.

imagine this moment, khushi. all that was everything between you, then by the pool a losing of inhibitions, after that the vicious strike of you mean nothing to me... then a last meeting... again the turmoil. but now at last you've made up your mind though your heart yearns for another reality. yet you will strive... never see him again.. never. and then your eyes find him. just that. and the music goes dreamy. what a moment.

"khushi?" again he calls her.

a little unsure, almost gentle, asking?

she walks away. immediately the flare up. so so asr. that tenderness wants a chance but the gussa holds sway. you can't walk away while he is talking to you...

"khushi, main tumse baat kar raha hoon, tum aise nahin ja sakti," i am talking to you, you can't walk away.

firebrand waits a bit, then turns and challenges... "kyun nahin jaa sakte? yeh zindagi humari apni hai..." this is my life... i can go where i please when i please and anyway i don't work for you now, so you have no right to order me (that ultra cute northie "aarder" for order).

no right?

through gritted teeth, "don't talk to me like that." what pure unadulterated anger.

Huh.. how much I love this line of his... he WANTS her talk to him ONLY in a specific way.. he always had this tenderness, and pleading underneath all his gussa and harshness.. very reason why i love him!

he has this thing about being spoken to badly. but i feel he's almost pleading at a level, he can't take her harsh tone, it hurts him. i know, too bad, he's the rudest harshest being of all, but what to do tender he is of heart when it comes to jhalli.

she never learns. she pushes him... why? what will you do?

and she turns away to leave.

well he has to do what he has to do.

that familiar hold, that grip on her shoulder. she squirms... but today he's here to hold her like that and find out something. slowly his hands started sliding down her arm, he just wanted to see what he'd come here to see. the damage he'd done.

she's puzzled, he's transfixed. he holds her wrist, she jerks her arm back. he is not giving up... draws her arm up holding it gently.. 

How his fingers gently move down her arm.. I recall how it gave goose bumps!

then holding her still, he removes that covering of dupatta from her left hand, and there lies the inch long cut, still alive, bleeding, on her tender innocent hand.

the episode design was bult on a neat intercutting pattern between the scenes of two lovers who have decided to part today forever and engagement talk between buaji and a man who is married but has an unhealthy interest in engagements. we know now that 6pm is the blessed hour just five minutes away.

"tumhe" his voice is clouded, unclear... as though in shock. she's hurt, she bleeds. he feels his blood draining out. these are strange chaotic feelings not that sweet thing poor khushi believes love is.

he gathers himself... swiftly, huskily, and unbelievably sexily, "tumhe chot lagi hai," you're hurt.

"toh, aap se matlab?" so, what's it to you? yes, she is cut to the heart by his cruel words and will give some of the real chot he's given her right back to him. that "matlab" thing.

altercation again. what's your problem, why are you bothered. stop the tamasha... till he takes command.

"humara haath chhoriye," let go of my hand, she's reaching another level of anger. when lovers quarrel, why is it that anger always seems to arouse other passions, something sexual? but not when you fight with someone who means nothing to you.

dark saturnine look.

he has taken out a handkerchief and started dabbing the wound. uuhhh, an indrawn breath from her. oh it hurts.

that cut and that uuhhh reminds me of cut through. he seems to have achieved this cut through with her and she with him from that first moment. in a world full of people two strangers meet, and they register with each other instantly, it's rare, there's a sense of meant to be in it. even if both walked away from each other at this very moment, never will either forget the other nor not get a thrill, a pleasurable uuuhhh if they thought of the other.

it's almost six.

had to be recorded on shyam's watch. nice touch.

bells ring, conch shells sound, the auspicious hour is here, the chants begin... om swasti na indro... the peace prayers then the mantras to dm...  and on the temple grounds, a  young man with no faith in idols or god as we understand the word, holds a dm worshiping young girl's left hand and starts tying a gauze bandage on her ring finger. the finger whose nerve they say connects straight to the heart, the way a key connects to a girl, the way the thought of her hurt connects to a desperate love.

the beauty and sanctity of this moment is paramount and creatives have given it all they have, the camera movements, the lighting, the sound, the pace, all of it.

asr and khushi are tying some sort of knot,  feels like it is for life. (and believe it or not, as i write this sitting in a hotel room in sydney facing a garden with a beautiful church right beyond it, the church bells ring joyous and jubilant... a wedding is on... my daughter said two weddings are on, she saw two brides and two bride grooms... make whatever connections you will of this fact).

Yes it feels very relevant and realistic!

when he held on and put his hand in his pocket to pull out the bandage, it was the most beautiful moment for me somehow. he'd carried a bandage for her, he came all the way just so he could take care of the wound the girl who means nothing to him has got thanks to him. he would tend to her... not anyone else... he. if he could hurt, he could heal. his khushi, his responsibility. he stood before all and drew her near and tied the bandage over and over till he was certain it will protect her.

what must she have felt when she saw the first aid preparation. bet he also put some ointment, etc. she just watched him do his work. the significance of it all somehow not lost on her. dm watched over them, the creatives were not talking any chances that you didn't get the point.

but really, even without dm, even without mahurat and all the chanting, just by itself the whole thing was magical. and  desperately beautiful.

there are many reasons i can never have enough of bad boy asr, this is one of them. that revelation of a loving heart behind khadoos, and none of your soppy nonsense... though he wants to bawl at having hurt his dueling partner, he is practical, all set with things of use, not just silly sweet words. months later, even as he went nuts, he will think of a mangalsutra and sindoor because even though he hates her, she needs them to even think of a thing called marriage. crazy man.

πŸ‘πŸ‘
a handsome devoted man, a gorgeous in love girl, and  an attraction that pulls them even when they push each other away. how intimate, how loving his hands on her soft ones, making pain go away. another glimpse of thsi thing called love. wonder which rasa.

she watches silently. he works absorbed. just a couple of times he looks at her. nihatya, unarmed, as he is,  feelings evident... no rancour.

It is almost endearing to admirable the way he does things so engrossed, w/o a waver of thought/ look.  There is this element of seriousness w/o being frivolous that I love so much. No wonder he is successful!

it's done. she's all flustered after that rapt attention. if he looks at her like that any more...

"humne mana kiya tha na," i'd set not to. she's retreating to agreed battle lines.

offense is the best defence and in seconds both warriors arm themselves anew. "aap kya chahte hain humse," what do you want from me... would he ever be able to answer that.

"beta, leo arati," god walks in to help the two.

and the nastik, the atheist offends the astik, the theist again.

bhagwan, kismat talk... meri marzi, my wish, too. and so she goes all the way to, some day you'll realise the hand of god in everything, but that day i won't be there.

what an opening for a shatir fighter. why that day, returns he promptly... now, this minute, get out of my life. warriors take position. a song going crazy trying to make head or tail of this chaotic twosome.

the synchronised turn away. the walking away from each other. both committed to never seeing the other again. lovely. the most stylish put back of shades in the history of the planet. aviators, i think they are called.

shyam has put babuji through hell again to get that ring on her finger. he deserves a noose around his neck. "suhag ki sej paane ke liye arthio ka dar dikhana padta hai," to get the wedding night bed one must put the fear of the death bed into people. the sick twisted cretin, with its disturbing knowledge of the human mind alerting all who watch to the game of manipulation.

my last thought, khushi had looked so sad, so terribly heart broken as she's walked away from rm a while ago. she really felt all was over. but that appearance of her hotshot in his deadly glasses with his arms and ammunition, that broken "tumhe," everything seemed to put the zizz back in her, and shew as all take on the world, show you what i'm made of as she stormed of. lot of ishtyle in our man's stride too. obviously, they both knew allw as far from over. though they were never gonna meet again. ever. samjhi tum?

Why does that sound almost a 5 year oldish... I tend to see a 5 yr old in him a many if not more times than I see a hot shot in him!

It is alost spine chilling to even think that w/o that key, which again is a divine intervention from Anjali, he wouldn't have gone to put that mark of ownership around her finger tne nature elements as evidence!

Bautiful about the name "Khushi".. reminds me of the aalap of a raag at the start and end of a classical piece to emphasize on the raaga..there was a mix of so many emotions in that call of his..there was n't any need for any confessions if one hears that.. there are a million I love yous and I can't live withour yous in  that.. your beautiful description of that... the man who uttered that word.. truly inspirational!

There are certain scenes of IPK that made it historic and any one them would have been enough for a movie to make it a blockbuster classic... the mandir symbolic engagement is one such!  Yes, the creatives have given everything they have and its evident in it... I was never as awe stuck by a man's hotness (yes!!) as I was that day he ascended those mandir stairs.. all determined to attend to this middle class girl.. ofcourse most of it has to do with his pain and love.. rather painful love! That scene had so much depth at every level.. to sensuous to possessiveness to anger to reluctant promises!!

Loved loved your write up...πŸ‘πŸ‘ couple things you emphasized.. his pronunciation of Khushi and the augustness of that moment.. incredible.. my comments in blue.
Edited by Horizon - 11 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Episode 115

The Last Day

Her family tells her to inform the Raizada's she is not going; she agrees.  She decides to call anjali on her cell phone because he may pick up if she calls the home phone and she doesn't want to speak to him.  She tells anjali that her job is done so she will not be coming to work and Anjali is upset.  She wants her to atleast come and say goodbye in person.  Nani gets on the phone and insists that she comes to meet her and Kushi agrees.  The Raizad women will plan something special for her and Mami is annoyed, why do all thisd for THAT girl.  ASR walks down the stairs and hear Anjali saying she will prepare Jalebi for Kushi herself.  He stops he heard her name.  He sees all the hustle and bustle by the women preparing for Kushi to come; preparing gifts, sweets, what else?  It is all too much!  How can he forget her and what happened if she is still hanging around?  He figured if he got engaged and after saying all those nasty little lies that she would never show her face again and he would be rid of these feelings!  But he heard this is her last day and something inside is just not sitting right; it makes him angry.

Anjali says if it wasn't for Kushi Chote would not be getting married.  He knows that!

Kushi tells her aunt and mother that Anjali has asked her to come over for the last time.  Aunt says then go and Kushi says she doesn't want to, so then don't go Buaji says.  Kushi looks confused and so does her family.  Why should she go there for him to speak to her with all those hateful words?  Buaji says take your bag and the key.  She looks at the key, the key that connects their hearts and she says no, I won't go there; it doesn't matter to me.  Oh, sure it does and watch what Devi Maiyya will do.

ASR is furiously typing on his computer.  What rage and anger has been built up inside of him.  He thinks about those words he said to her, "Don't think this payal, this rich man held on to meant anything.  For me it has no importance, it means nothing! As he is picturing his lips almost touching hers, UGGGH!, how can he be so weak!  He rehears Nani saying how about giving this necklace to Kushi it is her LAST DAY in the house.   His thoughts are interrupted by Lavanya, you know the one who he is suppose to get engaged to, the love of his life, haha.  She wants to gift Kushi a dress like she would wear, afterall it was her who got them together and it is her LAST DAY here.  What does he think?  He slams the computer closed and walks off.  Is it because he will never see her again?

Mami is happy to get rid of Kushi.  Nani says she should be thankful for Kushi because it is her who changed Lavanya and now Chote will get married leading the way for Akash's wedding to happen as well.  Kushi had called and said she wouldn't come but they convinced her to come with great difficulty.  She didn

T want to come.  He hears this and is getting angrier by the second.  How dare she not want to come and see me, his heart cries.  He angrily refuses his heart's plea, why did you call her hear?  What was the need?  She has left our home and our lives why call her back?  Anjali wants to know why he is so angry and he goes on about her probably wanting extra money.  Oh yeah, ASR, that's it Kushi wants your money and not your heart.  For a Harvard graduate, you certainly can be an idiot, man.  Nani says it is not about the money but he still wants to know why call her here?  Kushi this, Kushi that…he really wants to just forget but can't.  ENOUGH!  He turns to go back to his room and stops dead in his tracks, she is here and he knows it.  He slowly turns around to see her with eyes full of sadness and welling up with tears.  Everyone else notices Kushi has entered and she turns to walk out but she is stopped by Nani.  She says to her she was invited by her so there is no need to leave because of other people.  They all gather around her and bring her in and he, like a big baby, storms off but of course looks back and their eyes meet.

It is like a birthday paryt for Kushi she isd receiving all their lovingly picked out gifts for her and she is overwhelmed.  She doesn't want to accept them but it is insisted.  Mami asks Kushi to stick out her hand and shakes it and says that is her gift, Kushi shaking hands with HER, Manorama, for a maid.  Oh Mami, not nice!    They are interrupted by a glass breaking and a screaming ASR at OP, he wanted coffee and not juice.  ASR is out of control, his heart and mind have been shattered and he is taking it out on the world.  DM please help him.  OP starts cleaning up the glass pieces placing them on the table and ASR tells him to get out.

Nani doesn't understand what is with Chote he is getting angry all the time.  Kushi knows.  The priest has come for Lavanya's horoscope.  Kushi is asked to go and she says she will join them.  They are stealing glances at each other.  She gets ready to join the others but stops, she must return something to him so she turns and goes to him.

Shyam is talking to Babuji and he tells him he wants the engagement fixed as soon as possible and aunt wants him to give him the medicine but it depends on the priest's answer whether he will get them or not. He wants to get engaged today!  He throws his pill away.

A gust of wind and he knows she is there.  He turns around, eyes meet, sadness in hers and anger in his. Get out of here! He turns around.  Ahh the truth prevails, he doesn't mean it.  Didn't I say I don't want to see you or talk to you?  Say goodbye to everyone and leave.  This he says not looking at her but speaking over his shoulder.    She answers him that she has no interest in speaking with him either.  I just came… his volatile turn makes her jump back.  He has already told her he doesn't want to talk to her, Kushi Kumari Gupta!  You don't understand things unless repeated?  But you…He grabs her squeezing her arms hard and in desperation says get out of here!  Her presence angers him, confuses him, weakens him and he is just so out of control.  He pushes her away and she loses her balance cutting her finger on the glass.  He has turned away from her, his eyes closed trying to gain control.  Finally he says are you still here, I said and he turns around to find….

She had gone. The women were looking for her they say their goodbyes.  Very sad and he is watching as she slowly walks away to the door, out of his life. Something just doesn't feel right.

Today was her last day.

RebeccaDaphne thumbnail

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

sohara key is just a symbol just like pearls KEY represents KHUSHI and Khushi has been returned to its owner as after this he goes after her to make her his in Mandir.

Yeah bracelet and Mom's letter were not symbols so that is a open loop but key is closing its loop and very nice closure😊

Brilliant posts Sohara and Arshi, I'm glad the CVs had it in their head to remember the key and close the loop, and then after which they have the bandagement!
On a real note, Khushi must have felt something for him to hold on to someone else's key for so long. She kept it close to her and only gave it back when she felt that he was now belonging to someone else. In trying to rid herself of anything that reminds her of him, she actually ends up tying herself to him. Great symbolism!

BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: chalhov

@ EPISODE 117 ENGAGEMENT TRUE OR FALSE ? 

ARNAV LACK OF COMMITMENT TO ACCEPT HIS STORMY INTENSE SWEEPING  LOVE FOR KHUSHI  AND CHOSING THE SAFE BET LA PROMISING TO MARRY HER CREATED AN UPHEAVAL IN THEIR LIVES CHOSING WRONG PARTNERS FOR ENGAGEMENT BUT HURTING WITHIN
MOHABAT DUR JANE NA DE NAFRAT PAAS AANE NA DE
THE INTENSE LOVE STORY BRINGING TEARS TO OUR EYES MAKING US SAD WATCHING THEM SUFFER HATS OFF TO THE ACTING OF SANAYA AND BARUN

dilshad tha ke phul khilenge bahar mein
mara gaya garib isi aitbar mein
(mujhe teri mohabbat ka sahara mil gaya hota
agar tufan nahi aata, kinara mil gaya hota)
na tha manzur kismat ko, na thi marzi baharo ki
nahi to is gulistan mein , kami thi kya nazaro ki

meri nazaro ko bhi koi nazara mil gaya hota
agar tufan nahi aata, kinara mil gaya hota

mujhe teri mohabbat ka sahara mil gaya hota
khushi se apni aankho ko main ashko se bhigon leta
mere badle tu has legi , tere badle main ro leta
mujhe ae kash tera dard sara mil gaya hota

mili hai chandni din ko, yeh unki apni kismat hai
mujhe apne muqaddar se , faqat itni shikayat hai
mujhe tuta hua koi sitara mil gaya hota

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqtbYEzmQdA[/YOUTUBE]

Chalhov, as always to the point, love it!  so true, if only Anarv could cave in! sad song, very fitting. also, love the edits both of them!!
BarunDiwani thumbnail
@Ina, thanks so much for reading my 112-113, so glad you enjoyed and thanks for the lovely compliment on the wallet part. glad you like the edits also!!

@Indi, thank you ma'am for all the pink in 114-115!!! happy you like the start :)  yes she simply can't stop being a wife to him regardless of what's happened. Maybe since Nainital or since she took care of him after he fainted :)  either way soon she'll bring the man milk for his burning tongue even though he may not have deserved itπŸ˜† ...such a wifey thing to do. I see you 116 is up, uff uff,  hope to start it sometime today, butterflies in my tummy from your caps!!!
Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: indi52

episode 115

it was a moment only, a fraction of a second, yet it told an entire story of its own. he turned away, all set to ascend to his ivory tower, and never see her again. and then after a few steps, he stopped. she was being welcomed in by his family, all trying to make her feel better, but her eyes still held an ocean and a half of hurt.

he stopped.

head slightly turned this way as though he just had to. he struggled again, then giving up, slowly turned and looked at her.

a long look. and somewhere along the way the anger in his eyes shifted out a bit, letting something else in.

then it was time to go. he was outta here... or so he wished to convey.

how much of him was there in that little hesitation and capitulation. to feelings he just never ever wanted. yet now they were here, and he was powerless before them. in a state like that what is a man do. he had to fight back. at least that's how he saw the whole thing.

after that the little wordless communication between the two, dense with meaning, a massive conversation, visceral, valid, utter, not the sort where you calmly sit back and say "let's talk." and there is no place for anything remotely akin to "calmly" in all of this.

a long time back, i saw a movie called dr dolittle. i was a kid then, remember laughing hysterically at an animal called push-me-pull-you, that neither lets you move this way nor that. did i detect this animal in that pause of asr's just now? he'd just heard that today was her last day; little eye movements, always telltale, had hinted at the fact that he hadn't thought of that and also some other feeling this news brought on. then there had been mamiji's nasty suggestions as to how to throw a major party to send off phatti saree and di's admonishing words: khushiji has done so much for the fam, without her the dream of seeing chhotey married would remain just that, a dream, we must do something really nice for her.

by this time, his biggest protector, his anger, had walked in, jaws clenched, eyes grew nasty, an outburst looked imminent. he stalked off. and perhaps because he so wanted to see her though he kept saying he didn't, he sat in his castle, face grim, glued to laptop. but peace was elusive.

in no time, thoughts of her. in a beautiful
contrapuntal arrangement, dialogues said one thing, visuals showed another. the push-me-pull-you was having a good time. don't think a rich guy was hanging around with your payal clasped to his heart... but here he is, tenderly, reverently, romantically putting the payal around her anklet, taking his time over it, enjoying every moment. doesn't make a difference to me, you don't matter... yet he's getting lost in her, drawing closer to hungrily kiss her pearly trembling lips, that's all, all he wants.

he's telling her these horrible things, her voice is a whisper, struggling to fend off the onslaught... koi matlab nahin... doesn't mean a thing. naniji's voice layers on, how about this pendant for khushi bitiya, today's her last day.

his eyes shut involuntarily. the pain is sharp.

just then la had to walk in, with more talk of khushi's last day.  what should i give khushi, now that she's going away, should i give her a la sort of dress after all she taught me her style... i want to teach her la style... what do you think.

slam.

the poor laptop took the brunt of that fury. he stormed out and down those steps to tell everyone what he thought of their idea. this fussing over khushi.

not that the morning had been easy for the girl who never left his mind. though khushi affected an unaffected air and when buaji called her tried to look calm, her mind was on that phone call she'd been asked to make to say goodbye to the raizadas.
"nahi hume nahi jana..." no, i won't go she'd said to buaji, i won't go. but didn't she want to? "toh nahi jao..." so don't go, said her aunt. "haan nahi jana... hum kyon jaaye taake phir se woh humse buri tarah se baat kar sake," and like a little lost girl, yeah, not going... then to herself... why should i go so that he can again talk badly to me.

talk badly? the man has insulted her, crushed her emotions, told her she means nothing to him, alleged she's out to catch a rich guy, and all this after he was desperate to be with her. and now she says, talk badly. and she's not looking too convinced about not going to rm also. muttering to herself. oh, she misses him, he misses her, it's real mess. just that the acting is so good and dialogues so measured you want to see how far and how well this can be taken.

just underneath her jhola sits the thing that will again make going to see him easier. his mannat ki chabi.

still she says, as though echoing his words, a nice play of words here, key phrases pulled up like repeated notes in a large long piece of music, giving depth and focus, a sense of continuity... "hume isse koi matlab nahin...   hum nahin jaayenge," means nothing to me, i won't go. this despite naniji speaking to her and requesting her to come to rm, if not for her job, then for naniji. naniji had also said "
hamesha humra maan rakkha hai... bahut hi achhi ladki hai.," she's always given me respect, a very good girl is our khushi. but she says she won't go.

i wondered how they'd show her changing her mind. i needn't have worried, the pull you was working harder than the push me it seems.

in his anger, he's come rushing down the steps and stands at a point above them. reminds me of an angry wave racing in swift, fierce. the visage though is thin, drawn, pale, looks like he hasn't slept the night. his voice when he speaks is hoarse, rasping, sandy. was this by design or barun wasn't keeping well? it worked perfectly though. after saying the things he had the night before could he have retired to sound sleep?πŸ‘

"
di," peremptory, gussa all over the syllable.

"kya zaroorat thi ussko yahan bulane ki," ... decibel rising... "usska kaam yahan khatam ho chuka hai na.. wo iss ghar se jaa chuki hai... aur hamari zindagi se bhi... toh phir kyun bulaya use?" what was the need to call her? her work is done, she's left this house, and our lives, then why, what's the need to call her?

anjali is dumbstruck. why this rough anger suddenly, and such words? she tries to tell him to calm down. matters escalate. he takes it to money, but naturally. she'll come and ask for money for this extra day, a rather crudely put together thought, none of the asr polish. he's losing it again.  anjali is livid. reminds me of janmashtami (episode 68), then too he'd felt this pull you and pushed hard with his money insults. that day too, he'd had to look back at her from these stairs (episode 69). the stairs were such a gorgeous place for their love story. so much happened here.

and today, the feelings were at a much higher pitch. the attraction had gone all the way to a predatory walk in the dark with only one clear intent. he'd fought it off desperately, torn all beautiful feelings asunder, leaving a mass of seething, roiled emotions. he went on relentless.

"haan, di, main bhi yahi kah raha hoon, kyunki main bhi pareshaan ho chuka hoon... khushi yeh, khushi woh... bas kijiye." yes, di, i am saying the same thing... i to am tired... khsuhi this, khsuhi that... stop it, please.

with that, he turned, and shhh the gust of wind... he stopped, his eyes registered change, a gash of feelings quickly masked, he knew she was here.

he turned back. she was standing there, tears in her eyes.

a flow of emotions that neither could help any longer, a little chat without words, between heart and heart, gut and gut, skin and skin. convulsive. unstoppable.

she made to leave. and the lady who saw a lot of herself in this refreshing young woman, said "thairiye, khushi bitiya," wait, khushi bitiya, you have come here on my invitation... no need to go because someone else says so.

he swallowed, again those feelings.

she smiled at something la said, his stood watching...

then he decided to let anger rule and turned to surge right back to his den... but as he went up the steps, he just had to. had to stop. let himself turn and look at her. and she had to look at him with all her complaint her hurt in her eyes.

khushi tried to remain calm and accepted the gifts and mamiji's customary insults.

but not asr. everything was too much for him today. when you've been terrible to someone and are not planning to own up, perhaps the conscience plays its own game and makes you suffer as much if not more than the one you inflict pain on?

breaking glass.

and a roar from upstairs. "just shut up... maine juice nahi, coffee mangi thi." just shut up, i asked for coffee not juice? why not juice, i think, because you want her to pour it into your shoe, or you want her to mix coughing powder into it?

like me, poor op had several questions and things to point out, and boy did the poor man named after god who khushi wants to play ankh micholi with get it from the chhotey terror. first a reminder of janmashtami, now the blind man's bluff om prakash. sense of krishna in the air. this too is a rasa of prem, an aspect of love nothing else.

asr is screaming blue murder, poor op tries to place the broken pieces of glass on the table by the pool and clear up the mess, but he is ordered to get out, i said just leave it, dammit.

nani wonders why her grandson is so angry all the time these days. she obviously hasn't noticed a thing. but since the priest comes by, all waft off to get la's horoscope made. this is a traditional household, asr is the only one perhaps who will openly disregard the astrologer's opinion and predictions.

khushi is asked to join them but holds back. she had said she wasn't coming here. but she is here. she had said looking at the key, doesn't mean a thing. apparently, it does.

for some reason it ties her to him. she wanted to return it that first day but he'd refused to take it and said "phenk do."  throw it, she hadn't. it stayed in her bag. and the day she'd gone to his home, screamed at him and resigned, she'd come back and found that key in her bag (episode 34) and held on to it, just feeling him, thinking of him, that meeting of theirs.

the key stayed. but today, after what he'd said, she wanted to end this connection. or maybe her gut knew this was the only way too keep it alive. we are contrary creatures. i am sure khushi's conscious being wanted to finish all relations with asr. but are we just our conscious selves?

from the living room, she sees him in his garden... he sees her, but they both turn away. then a change of mind. she will go to him. why khushi? why? i wonder.

and we go into a shyam break. usual putrid games with babuji, today it's chucking medicines day... to coerce khushi into wearing that ring he has bought with the money he's stolen from his wife.charming man  never shouts, never screams. never says get out or koi matlab nahin.

back to poolside.

he feels the gust, he knows what it says...

their first meeting here after the night before.

gruff, shallow voice, tired, hurt, angry, mix of emotions. "chali jaao yahan se.. na tumse baat karni hai... na tumhari shakal dekhni hai..." go away from here... don't want to talk to you... nor do i want to see your face. sounds like a lover's tiff.

"just say bye to everyone and leave."

he has turned away, he is finding the whole thing too difficult to handle.

"hume bhi aap se baat karne ka koi man nahin hai..." even i don't want to talk to you... not submissive and sad, spunky jhalli khushi... "hum sirf yahan aaye the taaki-" i'd only come so that-

he interrupts, "maine kaha na mujhe tumse koi baat nahin karni hai, khsuhi kumari gupta... ek baar kahi hui baat tumhe samajh nahin aati?" told you, didn't want to talk to you... don't you understand what's being said the first time.

"par aap..." but you-

"i said... leave, dammit."

suddenly he turns and he lunges at her, holding her shoulders in a vice like grip. out of control.

long long moment.

and he pushes her away as though all he wants to do is hold her forever... but he can't... a resigned and helpless turn of head.

she falls back, hand on broken glass. 

❀️ this edit!!

when he turns around after composing himself, she's not there.

"tum abhi yahin ho..."
you're still here,  half hoping perhaps... "i said..." she's gone.

her dupatta, now her saviour, wraps around her left palm and hides the truth from everyone. she takes her leave with a promise from la to take her to parties and... under the tiger eyes of naniji... also satsang. tears are still making khushi's eyes red.

someone hurries to windows overlooking the entrance, a pair of eyes follow her as she walks out. words will always fail to describe what's in them.

a song from years ago, if you go away on a summer day/then you might aswell take the sun away in my mind. here's shirley bassey singing it, and here's to if you stay.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pwGUqx6vngY[/YOUTUBE]
credit: uploader, with many thanks.

berry berry nicely done, always the best from you! love you insight into our man today, there were too many layers and you tackled them very well! loved your line about him wanted to hold on to her forever, as you read in mine...i would've loved for it to be a hard passionate kiss πŸ˜† totally agree with you, he didn't want to let her go, thats why the shov. you can see all in purple, too good, bold purple UFF amazing!
πŸ‘β­οΈ
BarunDiwani thumbnail

Originally posted by: sohara

Episode-114

Two forlorn lovers trying to get solace in isolation, where they supposed to celebrate the felicity with their beloved. Rather sharing the joy with La Arnav is starring at the sky, may be seeking courage to face the consequence of his abrupt decision.- nice interpertation 
Where a garrulous always happy Khushi is trying to imbibing her sorrow in her sacrosanct mind. Their pain is unfathomable for me. But I'll be patient cause I know serendipity is destiny's best friend. Dark clouds will remove soon to fill their lives with merriment. - Sohara isn't it amazing that evenhtough we know what goind to happen, the emotions Barun and Sanaya emote and how the CVs put it all together, we live so in the moment. its crazy!

Is buaji blind? can't she just see how sad Khushi is! Payal and amma can see her pain, but how cum that old fat lady can't! πŸ˜†sorry i'm really pissed off on her. She is so delighted that Khushi finally agreed for marriage. But how cum her sadness goes unnoticed by her! She wants both khushi and Shyam take DM's blessing together. The Khushi who always have her monologue with DM, now can't even look at her.-πŸ‘πŸ‘πŸ‘ wonderful catch, i had to ffwd that part, couldn't see those two taking ashirwaad together
She is just following bua like a robot. When bua tells both to take blessings of babuji the devil give him a derisive smirk! Buaji is in hurry to do the engagement. Though Amma is not liking, but can't antagonizes her as she is the elder.Why so rush buaji? Is Shyam will slip from your hand or is he going to hell!😑

In RM a loving sister is performing some pooja of her brother. But my sexy boy looks sad, what doesn't go unnoticed by his sis, "to get engaged with La is, your decision, but it seems you are not happy." She understands her bro, cause she is his mother. She is incredulous, "I'm very happy with you, but didn't you take the decision is haste?" (pause: Anjali always was doubtful about Arnav's relationship with La. when he brought La in RM , she showed her incredulity same like this. She can read her laconic brother's eye very well) Her words take him to the repercussion of the poolside scene where he tried to kiss Khushi. He can't say lie by looking at her eyes,"yes i'm happy". He hides his anguish from the most loving and important person of his life. Anjali thinks he is tensed because of the marriage, "I was also tensed when I heard about the marriage . And see how happy I am now." She tries to give him comfort, "if you take the decision from your heart but not from your mind, then everything will turn good for you." she doesn't know her bro is whirling in vortex of mind and heart. She is still skeptical with her bro's decision," did you take this decision from your heart?" Arnav gets perturbed to hear that. Cause he took the decision neither from his heart nor from his mind.- i completely agree! that what i got out of it too, it was made with only one purpose, to push her away The decision was drastic, brusque and abrupt. it's completely my POV.

In GH another sister is also worried for her baby sis. She is also skeptical, "Is Shyam the guy you want to spend your whole life with?." Khushi is sad, what can she answer. "I already took the decision, so why think now? you didn't see Amma, babuji, bua everbody were  so happy, how can I be sad?" But her elder sister knows she is not happy. Khushi gathers courage and tries to act cheerful, "mere namm bhi Khushi hai" yes that's why everybody took you for granted as if she doesn't have any heart, any feelings. Payal is still confused, "others may not saw, but I saw how you took the decision in haste." Khushi looks at her anklet and recollects the poolside scene, Arnav putting the anklet around her ankle and then his attempt to kiss her. she gets pensive again "you know jiji there is some decision is just taken without thinking or understanding." Payal reminds her that buaji wants to do the engagement soon. Khushi gets sad again. She ebbs back to the thought, how Arnav announced his engagement with La. Then his afflictive words, "don't take it other way that a rich guy kept your payal close to his heart. there is no importance of you and that thing for me."- great description! She cringes inwardly, "I just want to forget everything and whereas I don't have to go there any more." Payal tries to catch her words, but she changes the topic, 'now I want to start a new life. DM is with me, so she will take care of everything." She will just keep your faith on her.

Shyam starts his tumult with babuji. He is telling him that he doesn't need any muharat he can ready to marry any time. yeah why he needs muharat, where the total marriage is a sham. He tells his wish to go back to Rani saheba to get money for the ring. by the way few days ago he came with a ring, right? whose ring it was? Anyway babauji is exasperating, but poor man can't say or do anything. I wish if buaji would see this scene!

Shyam is coaxing Anjali to get money from her.He concocted some plan and according to this they meet a lady on the road who is lacher, asahay, helpless. she tells Anjali that her husband is a very benevolent man and Shyam introduces her as his ex colleague's widow and his client as well. She asks some money from him as she is really needy. Shyam gives her some money but that's not enough. So Anjali gives her more money. But the greedy guy needs more. 😑So he tries to make her understand the urgency of more money. How cum a kind hearted Anjali refuses her pyaare pati! The liar begs sorry to ask money like this. A little later Shyam meets the lady and takes the money back. The lady reminds him to fight her case. When he was talking with her Anjali sees him. She drives back. She is a bit confused but as usual don't suspect anything. She stops the car and calls him. Shyam gets flummoxed for a while, but sly guy manages to evade by his astute answer. I was about to spew to see his cheap act.

Buaji is delectable about the marriage. she is planning for all the necessary arrangement. When she was throwing her hands in the air with excitement, she drops Khushi's bag on the floor. All the stuffs of her bag splatter on the floor. She calls Khushi to get it. When Khushi comes to pick the stuff she sees the mannat ki chabi. She picks it with abhorrence and recollects the dargah scene where Arnav told her to throw the key. Buaji snatches the key from her hand, "is it a key of some treasure." yup buaji it's a key of a treasure. how will you understand, you insensible lady! Khushi answers it's nothing important. but says it in resentment.  bua tells her to throw it. She makes her sit and tells her not to go to work any more. But amma suggests to let them know that she is not coming for work. Khushi gets upset again.
pause: God is always  makes a way to fulfill his children's wish. right now mannat ki chabi is the link to reunite this soul mates. I already told that serendipity is destiny's best friend.So Arnav and Khushi's reunion is inevitableπŸ‘

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=s6tAWAVj7iI[/YOUTUBE]

Sohara, love your ending! a great review! my comments are in read. LOL, so are you sure you don't like buaji 🀣  hehe, my comments are in red
Previous
1 ... 94 95 96 97 98 ... 113
Next