Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dimz13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
Cowboy Arnav...low slung jeans...two holstered guns and lucky left handed...! Macho Arnav...does he smoke..? 

This story is going to a wild wild ride...! 

I love the names JP,HP and happy I'm not even going to attempt trying to remember...Nio...I feel sorry for NK...!...

So there is no traumatic past for Arnav...like infidelity,suicide etc...!

Loving the start of this story...I'm ready for the ride..!
pup03 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Different but interesting.. will be looking forward to know Arnav and Khushi from wild wild west.. loved the settings and the first chapter..  

thanks for pm  😊
chocodilla thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
This is different from what I usually read and I loved it
iritz thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 5
Congoz on the new FF!!
ChitraF thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Awesome concept.. loved it..
-Shobhu21- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Eeehaaa !!
Wow wow wow ! A story set in the wild west !

And Arnav is a cowboy ? I wonder if you could have made me any more happy than I am right now !
And Khushi, oh I always will love Khushi, however you show her. She's just so lovable !

OK, so first things first, Im sorry, missed out the commenting on the prologue, and I guess Im kinda late over here too ! And secondly, I love the names HP, JP and most of all Happy ! Oh how I loved that part when Happy introduces himself to Nani by his whole name and she's like sorry what ? I burst out laughing so loudly then !

And I loved how Arnav just notices everything about her Khushi, but right now, I really love Khushi's fierceness ! Such a tigress she is for the tiger !

And Madhu, do you have any idea how amazingly you write this ? I mean, the way you desribed the places around, Arnav shooting, and then all of them in a  caravan, its just so well written, the imagery really is so abundant, somewhere in between reading, I really did forget I was reading and felt like I as watching a damn amazing show !

Absolutely in love with your new FF, and Im eagerly awaiting some more !
Cheers and Love
Shobhana
spsharmila thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Great update 👏...loved it 😃
kondhili thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Oh my sweet Lord...

You have started writing Arnav and khushi stories once again.🥳 
 I have read all your stories on your blog.  I still have memories of staying up all night and finishing up on Walk the line.  And also the disappointment i had when you put a note in your blog stating that you would not be writing any more Arnav-Khushi stories after the wrong name.  In fact i remember commenting on your blog asking you to reconsider.  Anyways i am super  happy and excited that you have started writing once again about our fav. couple and i am so glad that i stumbled upon this. 

So i am thinking the murderer is shaym Jha - the silver blue bracelet and all that and also who else but him can be a villain in a IPK story 😆.  He rightly deserves all the honors. 

I love the detailing that you give to your story.  What a graphic picture of the wild wild west indeed.
Hottie arnav with not 1 but 2 guns..
Hey NK, HP, JP and happy in their new avatar were amazing. 🤣

So arnav and khushi meet and Rabba ve starts immediately 😛
Wow a big welcome to naniji, akash and di.  Would Manorama mami and lavanya also join the big party here.

Waiting to read more of this wild wild west story. I am intrigued as i have never read such a take on Arnav and khushi.  

Liza

P.S: Sending you a buddy request kindly accept and PM me whenever you update this story. 

shree10 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Sorry I am horribly late!

I am highly entertained by your twist on HP, JP, NK and of course Happy. I am not so familear with ranches and wild west movies so some words/terms were difficult to catch up at first read. But that's no problem.
Khushi is fiesty and ASR already seems affected by her. Looking forward to next part and story to unravel further!
GirlOfFire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Photograph copyright GirlOfFire

The Answering Post - I

(2013-04-30):

First of all, thanks for all the likes and comments. I read each one of them, and am sorry that I can't answer all your questions, especially those related to the plot and/or characterization. However, there are some that I can answer. So I'll use this post as the 'Answering Post'. I'll include your name and your question/comment and my answer to it, instead of answering them post by post. I hope you guys are okay with this format.

Tia Abeja - Abeja is a Spanish word meaning honeybee. If you've not guessed it yet, yes - she is our very own Madhumati Bua.

Prologue/Chapter 1:

Semanti: What does Payalji do? And Lavanya? And Aman? 

GOF: They will all show their faces in due time. Yes, they will very much be a part of this story. 

Clarrissajohn : (Page 10) Is this what is called a ranch? (Your pics) 

GOF: Yes. Those are exactly it - Thank you. Think of the Circle-R as the one in the middle with a similar backdrop. Just a little dustier and drier. 

MSIN: (Page 11) - Names suggestions for Anjali

GOF: I did think of new names for her. But for the purposes of the story decided not to go down that path. 

AnnieK : (Page 12) someone called " Sudden " , if I remember right ...a gunslinger , laconic , mysterious

GOF: Ding! ding!! ding!!! I read ALL of the Sudden stories by the time I was in 10th grade. And I loved him, so much so that when we were given an assignment to write about our favourite fictional hero, he was the topic of my essay (much to my Eng teacher's surprise - she'd never heard of him .. hee!! hee!!). He is the complete definition of an alpha-male, without being a chauvinist. So yes - take away the setting and the guns - you have ASR! So he is my inspiration for this version of ASR. 

Droopy-Asleep : (Page 11) Manny is the wild-west version of Manorama,right??

GOF: Absolutely correct! She might make an appearance or she might not. Let me hear the aye's and nay's, now!

Chapter 2: (2013-05-02)

Dimz13: (Page 17) & MSIN (Page 19) Why the title Rapunzel? 

GOF: Rapunzel is a fairy tale where the girl Rapunzel is kept locked in a tower by a witch and the prince would climb up to her room, using her long braided hair as a rope (painful!). Will I be using the rest of the story of Rapunzel in DH? I don't know yet. 

The name of the chapter is inspired by this story. Khushi - is Rapunzel - with her long braided standing by the window, while Prince Charming (?) Arnav goes riding by. 

1Chilly: (Page 20) Their nanny is called Mami? 

GOF: Mami (the 'a' is pronounced as in 'apple') is a fairly common name for nannies - women who look after children. Usually I associate it with big, bosomy, jolly women. 

MSIN: (Page 19)

GOF: Nana and Nanny are often used as diminutives of Grandmother. So its used here. Dhruv will be called Drew for the rest of the story. 

Vgedin (Page 19) : The Good, The Bad, The Ugly theme music. 

GOF: Am honored that you would think of that incredible background score while reading this. Am so totally flattered! And yes, if you read above - you would see my response to AnnieK's question about Sudden. I always imagined Clint Eastwood as Sudden (Phangurling here - big time!)

Semanti : (Page 16) Prologue - Past or Future?

GOF: How can I reveal that, my dear? Sabr ka phal meetha hota hai. And you know I will deliver!

Chapters 3/4/5 

Rasgulla_SP (Page 28): What can be done is, Arnav can buy the property and then rent the house,,, just the house to the Guptas. Sab khush.

GOF: Hmmm... Good Suggestion!! Lemme think about it.. Actually, read the next chapter. 

AnnieK (Page 29): Did you just introduce Mr. Jha in two different scenarios or these are two different men

GOF: No they aren't two different men - Shyam Jha is introduced as the owner of the Striking-S and Yes - he is Rocky's boss.

1Chilly (Page 30): How many languages do you speak?

GOF: English, Hindi, Bengali and American (Hee hehehe!!) fluently. Also phrasebook Spanish/French/German, and a few Mandarin words - enough to order food and beer, and tell the cab driver where I want to go. There you have it!

Semanti (Page 31): Par NK? Who do I ship HIM with?

GOF: Sorry Semanti, NK is not getting a love interest in this story. The plot line is convoluted enough as it is!

Raila1014 (Page 31):So does Ela and Arnav share a past?

GOF: Ela and Arnav do not share a past. They are business partners in the Wild Bull and good friends. 

LazyLeaves (Page 34): Are you by any chance a fan of fantasy novels?

GOF: Not in the least. I like Sci-fi - but my preferred genre is crime/thriller. And oh yes, Westerns. I watched, read, ate and dreamt Westerns. Max Brand, Zane Grey, Louis L'Amour not to mention the 'Sudden' series by Oliver Strange and Frederick H. Christian. (see my response to AnnieK above)

Meera30 (Page 36) why didn't you think of it earlier? (Arnav and Khushi in this setting?)

GOF: It's been brewing in my mind for quite a while, to be honest. Because the purity in Arnav's character is exactly what a Western Hero is all about. The straight-shooter if you will, the bluntness, the taciturn, grumpy man - with a completely soft-as-butter inside. He's a man of action. If he's done a wrong - he will go and fix it with his ACTIONS - he won't sit around and bemoan his fate. Which is exactly like a Western Hero. Khushi's spunkiness is exactly like a Western Heroine. One that doesn't snivel and cry and go all feminine wiles on the viewer. So translating them to this backdrop took just a little leap of imagination. 

A Brief Note on Spirit Guides

The Native Americans (in the US) and the First Nations (in Canada) have this concept: Every person has a spirit guide.This guide is said to bring the messages from the other side. They are usually from the animal kingdom, each animal representing certain attributes and powers. They can appear in dreams and during meditation, even during times when a person lets down their conscious and lets their subconscious take over. It is also said that the animal guide will often have the characteristics that are already within you. The animal spirit guide is just that - a GUIDE. It will provide guidance. How you follow it, is up to you. 

As you might have guessed 

Nanny's is the owl. 

Owl: Wisdom, truth, patience. The Mescalero (Apache) believe that Owl carries the souls of the recently deceased, a death messenger. Owl is the totem of clairvoyants and mystics.

Arnav's is the Eagle

Eagle: Divine spirit, chief of all the creatures in the air, the primary servant of the sun. Powerful in battle, the eagle protects the people from evil. Eagle medicine attributes include clear vision and soaring spirit. The eagle is associated with success, prosperity and wealth..

Khushi's is the Deer

Deer: Love, gentleness, kindness, gracefulness and sensitivity. Deer carries the message of purity of purpose, and of walking in the light.

Chapter 6/7/8 - 05/10/2013

Msin (Page 39):I understand Natives spoke to birds ... But I did not understand the conversation..

GOF: I'm sorry. I should explain that these "dream" conversations with the spirit guides are often cryptic and you have to interpret them with your own understanding. Nanny Raizada had been thinking of Arnav-Payal and Akash-Khushi as pairs. Yet the owl paired them differently in his poem. It also told Nanny that she needed to see what their (i.e. Arnav's and Akash's) hearts saw, rather than what her mind thought would be a good pairing. And while one couple will come together easily, the other will have to find their way to each other. 

yush-swt (Page 40): arnav and khushi both sees the dear in their dreams...are they connected?

GOF: Yes. The deer is Khushi's spirit guide. So he is seeing her spirit guide in his dreams. The spirits have connected them. Now its up to them to take it further. 

avcmyd (Page 45):I am damn going to stick with salma and Antonio, that was unexpected, Ela with aman.

GOF: Just think Salma and Antonio in Desperado! muy caliente! As for the hat - Gotta have one, lol.

Meera30 (Page 49): Shashi didn't recognize him (Shyam)

GOF: Very simply - Shashi never saw the killer. Khushi is the only one who did.

Rasgulla_SP (Page 54): I didn't meet any new Guptas

GOF: I called this chapter 'Meeting the Guptas' because it's all about the last pieces falling into place - so all the characters have got to meet the Guptas now,  except Shyam who still has to face Khushi - which is the final meeting of all the key characters. 

Aruni50218 (Page 53): I guess the word 'Shyam' is etched  in our minds as synonymous to 'powerful, cunning and dangerous villain

GOF: We (the girls of DC) loved to call him Stupid Cupid. Heh heh heh!!

AnnieK (Page 54): classic bar-room confrontation 'western ' style

GOF: Couldn't help it, Annie. That particular scene in so many Westerns is so very ASR-ish. I had to include it. And I'll be including quite a few more classic 'Western' devices - ghissa pita though they may be, they're the perfect foil for ASR/KKG. Don't you think? I hope I can do justice to them. 

Edited by GirlOfFire - 10 years ago