Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 11 years ago

Originally posted by: RebeccaDaphne

winded, he blurts out, you can't leave like... khushi... khushiii!
tum aise nahi ja... khushi... khushiii!

why do i feel you in the pit of my stomach. why do i want to go where you lead me. listen to me, will you?

https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3402421?pn=91

What can I say but wow! Your post is amazing, your style and in depth descriptions of their emotions are brilliant!
Look forward to reading the next part!
[/QUOTE]

hi rebecca,

aw i'm glad you enjoyed. i tend to get a bit carried away. always worry about the length of the posts. but this time, i just had to. such a wonderful show, so many many things to go back to and enjoy. your name reminds me of one of my mother's favourite books.

Edited by indi52 - 11 years ago
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Ocean of Happiness

Originally posted by: ArshiHamesha

OK I am fuming today as I finished my 47 and put all the pics and did not realize that my battery is low so Laptop went off and all the data too.So at 11:30 My 4 hrs work went down somewhere.Arggg😡😡😡

Just calming myself down people.

Sorry to hear that Ashi! 🤗 No worries na!  Just continue tomorrow!
Katelyn thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 6

Ocean of Happiness

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

Yeah it is all Katelyn's fault...i was like i must look away, i must look away but i could not :( not that i am complaining...i am trying not to fall behind...it is a pain to write all the analysis at once

Ooops, my bad! 😳   Ok, I'll try to behave but it's really hard with this hotwa constantly hanging around!    
indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: Katelyn

Ooops, my bad! 😳   Ok, I'll try to behave but it's really hard with this hotwa constantly hanging around!    

katelyn 🤣

don't you dare behave. 🤗

indi52 thumbnail

Originally posted by: ..Anita..

episode 48!!!!

the episode starts off with shyam talking on the phone with khushi...he was saying how he was thinking about her and right when he was about to say her name, anjali appear...shyam saw her and quickly saved the situation by using khushi's name in a sentence.  Anjali is wondering who he is talking too.  Khushi was wondering if shyam did anything about the pension and shyam said it will take time but during this time shyam was too busy trying to divert anjali's attention that he did not listen to khushi all the way...when anjali was getting curious, he said that everyone liked the jalebis he made...anjali immediatly thought he is talking to rajeev's mom...anjali wanted to talk to her but mama ji came right on time and distracted her...shyam made up some excuse and cut off the phone.  Anjali then said you must really like her and she must really like you...shyam is like why do you think that, and anjali said it is because of they way they were talking. Shyam gets happy hearing this.  Honestly anjali is just giving shyam the wrong ideas, and this is making shyam justify his "love" for khushi more and more

In Khushi's room, she is still in tension about leaving and was telling payal that i wish there is some sign that tells me that i am making the right decision.  Payal was like you are too busy worrying that you forgot devi maiya...Khushi was shocked and went to pack her...In my opinion that was khushi's sign to stay!!!!

Now off the the RM...Lavanya made so many mistakes that it was unreal...first when she entered she is did not wear a decent shalwar khameez (no clue why i am complaining, i guess i forgot about her teej sari...smh) that is strike one for la...but i give her props for wearing a shalwar khameez even if it was the air condition wali types.  The second mistake was thinking that di was going to the mandir and she said that she is too tired to go with her...nani is like does she not know anything about aarti and swagaat...strike 2...third mistake was making cake with eggs...she should have know the raizadas are the traditional types...nani is not like girl does not know how tradition...that is strike 3 (i don't blame her on this one because i mean she is just clueless)...usually it is three strikes and you're out but this girl is just digging a grave for herself..The fourth mistake was when she asked to take a shower and asked arnav to show her his room...arnav agreed...that is the fourth strike (time to hand her the shovel) and nani was like how dare you think you too will be living in one room...La made the biggest mistake ever...which was that he argued with nani nicely telling her what a live in relationship is...this girl is flat out clueless...Arnav got mad and threaten to move out again.  Anjali was like it was her first day please give her time...nani gave anjali an ultimatum of 1 month to make la into the perfect bahu...will she succeed

the last scene is where arnav is mad and shyam trying to calm him down and he succeeds...he was saying think of the situation as a win win...he can still be with la without getting married and not be in  the same room will make nani's happy and her head held up high.  I noticed that everytime shyam leaves, he said something that reminds arnav of khushi and the epsiode ends with arnav thinking of khushi

nice crisp take, anita.

in bold purple, the only reason i will tolerate shyam 🤢.

in red , very pertinent observations.

in pink, aw poor la. but first 🤣. the poor girl tries, got to give her marks for that. la is a character i grew to really empathise with. not a bad sort, really loved asr, just different from what his fam wants for him. she was an interesting character with base in reality. wish there was a way to keep her on in ipk.

charlotte74 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 7
Episode 47 

In episode 47 we have Anjali telling Arnav what 'being in love' means

Arnav says he is happy with Lavanya because she understand him, it is easy to be with her... she knew what he was all about and he was comfortable with it

But Anjali tells him that Love just happens and cannot be planned
Jab chehre se nazar na hate
Jab woh udaas ho toh kuch accha na lage

Arnav thinks of Khushi showing very clearly that she means more to him that he would like. 

He says agar aisi ladki aa bhi gayi toh main usse door rahoonga

The man is resisting. In denial.

Anjali says Agar tum usse door gaye toh tumhari saanse ruk jaayengi

He laughs mocking his sister for this absurdity

In episode 48 

Lavanya wants to stay in Arnav's room!

Live-in ka yahi matlab hota hai naniji 

Really ASR! Do you really want to share a room with Lavanya?

This time it is Anjali's husband Shyam who is giving Arnav an insight.

Koi bhi kadam soch samajh kar leni chahiye

ek baar ki gayi galti sudhari nahi jaa sakti...zindagi ka koi rewind button nahi hota

Arnav is thinking about how he pulled on Khushi's dori and then how he dropped her from the first floor and the guest house scene.

It is very clear from his face that he feels remorse at what he has done. 

Edited by charlotte74 - 11 years ago
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Friendly Disclaimer: My words, thoughts  and ideas are mine only, please do not copy. You are welcome to use it, but credit accordingly. Thank you!

Episode 47

Dil (heart) vs. Dimaag (mind) is battle that  can become quite intense, especially when the two want completely separate things. But like any other battle, one must emerge a winner

For Arnav, this battle has been quietly raging inside since Khushi's started to matter, perhaps since the calender shoot, regardless of when it started, it intensifies now as he roots for his dimaag. On one hand Lavanya, the girl that his dimaag  picked out is moving in today and on the other hand Kushi, the girl that has found her way into his dil, refuses to move out. now he needs to take control of the outcome. Looks like it will be a looong battle.

This morning when his Di found him, he was overfilling one of his plants with water and his dimaag was nowhere in sight. From the looks of his his face, his dil was doing all of his thinking. Once again unable to find any peace within, in his beloved peaceful garden on this beautiful peaceful morning.

Evidently he still hadn't recovered from what seemed like a nightmare in which Khushi told him she was leaving for good, that he wouldn't have to see her face again and she told him to be happy about it? He jumped up at those very thoughts, but unfortunately it wasn't a  nightmare, it was real.  Somewhere he knew, a part of him already couldn't live without her...the "dil" part of him. Something tells me he's been up since the moment he jumped up, those thoughts drove him to his garden, which doesn't seem to be helping.

Flashbacks of them together in that storage room, how vulnerable she looked while he held her dupatta and how much pain he was in when she was crying, his undeniable need to make it all ok for her.. but  then those awful words that took his sleep away last night:

"Hamaari shakal dekhna nahi chahte na aap? to khush ho jaaiye, kyu ki hum aapki nazron se hamesha ke liey door ja rahe hai. (you don't want to see my face right? then be happy, because i'm leaving for good)"  

"yaar, yeh to mujhe kyu farq pad raha ha?" ah so he admits farq pad raha hai and that too this early on "sochna nahi chahta, bhoolna chahta hoon, phir baar baar ussi ka khayal kyu? (don't want to think about her, then why do i keep thinking of her?) [love the honesty in the tone of his voice, he is being honest to himself here, why is this making a difference? why do i keep thinking about her even i if i want to forget? ]

Anajali walks in stopping her brothers unintentional water attack on the poor plant. With concern she asks "kya soch rahe ho (what are you thinking)?"  

"kuchh nahi (nothing)i" he answers but the look on his face speaks volumes. He knows he's in deep, he is in love. you could even hear it in the soft tone of his voice.

Anjali, dissatified with his answer, insists on a one-on-one chat."you look anxious, is it because of La?" She got a quick answer back "DI please!" ya Di, as if La could ever bug him this much! She goes on "Are you happy?"  

alerted he answers "With who?" almost wishing Khushi's name would come up.

Anjali just wants to know if he is happy with all the decisions he's making regarding La and not doing it just to show off Nani. Arnav is apalled at Di's question "Do you think i would do such a thing just to show Nani?"

[maybe this trait is just in his system and he doesn't even realize that every time Nani challenged his relationship with La, He threatened to leave this house] 
Anjali doesn't hesitate to answer his question, "yah, i known you since you were  this tiny, even back then your ego used to huge" she gets a look from her brother 

but she's not scared, she knows him too well "aise ghoor ghor ke kya dekh rahe ho hame? hum jaante agar tumh koi challenge kare ya tumhari baar na maane, to tumhe bilku pasand nahi. Aur vaise bhi, tum jab ghusee mein hote ho na, tumhara dimaag band ho jaata ha...hamesha ghalat faisla let ho aur baad mein pastaate to (What are you looking at< i know if someone challenges you or doesn't listen, you don't like it, and when angry you brain stops functioning always making the wrong decisions and regretting later)" 

"enough Di" Arnav irritated  " i don't let my ego make all my decisions, this is my life, that means others shouldn't interfere, and if this is the biggest decision of my life i stand by my word that La is absolutely the right girl for me, she has always listened to me, we have similar outlooks on things, i'm not interested in marriage and neither is she and she understands me." 

a rebuttle from his sister right away "aur tum? tum apne aap ko samaj te ho? decisions like these are made with heart, not head"

Arnav apoligizes but points out that's the difference between them " i don't make any emotional decisions" [hmmm sure about that one Arnav? what about sending Khushi to the guest house because you were mad she was everywhere in ur life? ]

"Pyaar to dil se hi hota hai...aise naap tol ke nahi hot (you can only love with heart)"
Aanjali goes on to describe Love, unknowingly she describes  his dil ka haal (state of his heart )

"ki jab aap usse dekho to uske chehre se nazar hi na hatte (when you see them, you cant remove you gaze from them),"
 Arnav thinks of her in red. and him, hypnotized

"agar woh udaas ho to kuch be accha na lage (if they are say then nothing feels nice)"
 He thinks of her tears that cause him so much pain

"Usse door jaane ka khayal bhi aapko pareshaan kare"
Khushi's voice echos in his ears "Hemsha ke liye aapse door jaa rahe hai (I"m leaving for good)"

He stops himself afraid his face might give away his little secret. If only she knew the kichdi cooking in that dimaag of his, she would be doing cartwheels.

"Di, i don't want to waste my time talking about this"
Anjali continues to  bug him "one day you will  like wasting your time"

Yah Di, kyu ki aap ke hisaab se woh ladki aayegi jisse dekh kar mein sab kuch bhool jaaunga, jiske aane ke baad etc etc etc can i go now (yah Di, because according to you, that girl will come, and i'll forget evrything after seeing her etc etc can i go now)? " 🤣

Hold the sarcasm ASR, that's exactly what happened, you forget everything when she's around don't ya?

" Ek aur baat Di, Agar mer zindagi mein aisi ladki kabhi aa bhi gayee na, to mein usse door hi rahunga, kyu ki mein apni zindagi dimaag se jeeta hoon, dil se nahi"   hinting that he knows she's here but now he needs to do what he can to flush her our of his system with this

Anjali still won't give up on love for her little brother "woh tum kar nahi paaoge (you won't be able to)"

"kyu (why)?" 

"because if you go far from her, tumhari saansen ruk ne lage gi"

"you are unbelievable Di, I mean saansen ruk jaayengi? i gotta go now, varna aap ki baaten sun ke meri saanse ruk jaayengi (you mean i'll stop breathing? gotta go no, or else i'll stop breathing listening to you)"🤣

A scene surely to get laughs thanks to ASR's dimaag and witty sense of humor but little does he know, one day he would pour his heart to his Di, and admit that she was right, "woh ladki Khushi hai Di, jiske bina mujhe lagta hai ki meri saansen ruk jaayegi. (Khushi is a girl without whom I feel like i can't breathe"
For now, Di has to be patient

Across town, Kushi is lost in her own battle of dil vs. dimaag while she helps Payal with rotis. Interestingly, Khushi, who always thinks with her dil otherwise, uses her "dimaag" when it comes to him. Her heart is sending her brain signals of her connection with him but her brain doesn't want to listen, just like she refused to listen to him,
Instead she used her dimaag to push him away in that storage room too. She first got him to knock down the door giving him false hope of hearing him out, and then she lied to him  about going to Lucknow hamesha ke liye...Not to mention provoking him every chance she got! 

Now her heart is feeling guilty with some regret thrown in, as she quietly rolls the rotis and thinks back to Arnav asking her "let me finish!"  and him handing her the dupatta, her respect.  

This is similar to the way she felt after resigning, hurting him, leaving him and in the process hurting herself, only this time she was more aware of what she is doing.  She did turn her lie into truth convincing Payal to go back home to Lucknow, anything to get as far away from him and from these slew of unknown feelings.
  "KHushi" payal briefly brings her back, Khushi without thinking, as her dil and dimaag are occupied,  just blurts out an answer, "Haan, jiji ticket ho gayee hai, aaj din tak hamaare paas pahuch jaayegi, sham ki train hai na? (Yes Jiji, the tix will get here today, the train is in the evening na?)"

Payal is seriously concerned about her little sister as she asked for "ghee" and nothing about the tickets. She has to find out  why she's so upset and the rash decision to go back? 
"kya sach mein tum woh hi kar rahi ho, jo tumhe karna chahiye (are you sure you're doing the right thing)?" 
"haan jiji (yes jiji)!" khushi fights to bring a smile
"Sach (really)?
Khushi tries to think how she'll escape that question, luckily is saved by the bell as the phone rings.  Its Garima, giving Khushi the bad news that their sweet shop was lost because they couldn't get the money in time. 

"Kya?" tears appear out of nowhere  [the amount of emotion displayed here in that one question by Sanaya is clap-worthy.]
KHushi asures her that they are on their way. If she wasn't sure before,she is now about going back and being there for her Bauji. After she hangs up she tries to be brave while telling Payal, but in the midst, she just needs a hug. In her family everyone looks to her for solutions, but turmoil was already running from her dimaag to her dil, the poor girl could only handle so much.

couldn't help but remember a line from an all time fav song from the movie "Hum hai rahi pyaar ke" 
"Ek masoom dil hai, aur sitam hain kitne Is mohabbat ke siva, aur bhi gam hain kitne (one small heart but so many attacks, there is lots of sadness other than this love) "

Still in her sister's embrace, "our sweet shop jiji" she gathers her courage and comes out of the embrace and her dimaag takes over,

"Chalo jiji, we have to go back ASAP, amma was crying, and bauji seemed upset too, he was hiding it from us, you know him right, we have to go and get the money to get the shop back"

"Ab hum kya karenge Khushi? (what are we going to do)" Payal turns to her dependable sister
Khushi concerned, "I don't know, i don't know where we'll get this much money, but i know this much that we won't let anything happen to our shop. Lets go back so  we can take care of bauji and i know we'll think of something" Khushi determined as ever  but the second Payal says "Chalo chalte hain (lets go)" 

Her dil gains control, it hits her this is really happening, she is going back hamesha ke liye, uski nazron se door (going back for good, away from his eyes)
Beautiful scene as Buaji later tries to convince the girls to stay by letting them know she could use the company and with Shyaam's help she can try and get another job instead of going back and doing nothing. "but buaji, i don't feel like staying away from Amma and Bauji anymore" Khushi still hung up on going back, Buaji advises to call Shyaam and see what happens to which she agrees.

ASR goes to pick up La, his dimaag wali girl. She is elated, but displays her insecurities when she thinks he's having second thoughts about the live-in.  

"i wont do anything to upset you, i promis" She assures him but Arnav tells her to relax "did i say anything to you? then why are you thinking like this on your own?" [Love the way they show how one-way affection can brind out insecurities in girl.]  "i've known you for so long but feel like i don't really know you...ASR do you really love me?"

"Lavanya, If i didn't love you " he answers, with the help of his dimaag  as  he removes her hand on him pretty much detaching her from him "i wouldn't be picking you up to take you home. " 

talk about a  contradiction, on day we'll know that he never really loved her, but can't blame him for now as he also doesn't know what love is yet.

"Infact we should hurry up" La walks away to grab her bag...thats all it took for his dil  to kick in

"Hamme aap ki koi baat nahi sun ni (i don't want to listen to anything you have to say)
"tum aise nahi jaa sakti, Khush, KHUSHI (you can't leave like this Khush, KHUSHI)!"   she dared not listen to him, and walked away leaving him with these raw emotions that came rushing back and he snapped.

He walks over to La, grabs her arm , aggressively turns her around  

"when i'm talking, don't leave without letting me finish! i was telling you something" his voice wobbles with the hurt. 

La a bit taken back, maybe this was a bit much even for ASR, but she apoligizes, "i was just getting my bag, go on what were you saying?"
He comes back from the storage room, just grabs La's bag  "lets go"

A marvelous scene that proves, the dimaag can be controlled, but the dil will do as it pleases. The dimaag may win some battles, but the heart always wins the war. That is a lesson, Arnav Singh Raizada will learn on his own, when the time is right, the words will come out "mere khud ka dil, meri nahi sunta (my own heart doesn't listen to me)"  😊 

DROOL CORNER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

❤️ the cutest smile EVER! ❤️
Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago
..Anita.. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2

Originally posted by: indi52

katelyn 🤣

don't you dare behave. 🤗

You must keep getting and posting pic...I will be mad if you behave
BarunDiwani thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Links to my analysis:

Latest:  Episode 47 updated  link below

Episode 47: Dil vs Dimaag

other recent  analysis and DROOLS :)

Episode 45/46: Arshi scenes only

Episode 44: 

Episode 43:

Episode 42: Shyam at RM

Episode 41: Shyam reveal

Episode 40: Arnav breaks KHushi's fast:

Episode 39: Arnav saves Khushi from falling 

Episode 37: Teej morning prayers + HOTWA in Shades 😛

thanks so much for reading and commenting :) :) 

Edited by BarunDiwani - 11 years ago
cinthiann1758 thumbnail

Disclaimer:I would like to acknowledge that all my translations have been found on You Tube Videos translated by Alexa.   All credit of translation and my interpretation of her work is acknowledged.  All work I consider to be my own with the help of the translation.  If work is used please credit.  Thank you all for reading!

Episode 48

Into the Lion(ess)'s Den

lion  (l n)

n.1. A large carnivorous feline mammal (Panthera leo) of Africa and northwest India, having a short tawny coat, a tufted tail, and, in the male, a heavy mane around the neck and shoulders.

2a. A very brave person.

b. A person regarded as fierce or savage.

walk into the lion's den-To go into a situation that puts you in great danger or in a vulnerable position

RM- Shyam's deception continues.  He answers Kushi's call, happy to hear from her.  She asks him if he has a job for her and he says he is not ready but he always keeps promises so she shouldn't worry.  He talks with her as his wife is standing nearby implying that she is his friend's mother.  Anjali takes the scrap he has thrown to her and asks to say hi.  He fakes a bad connection and disconnects the call.  She says to him that it sounds like he loves her very much and she does love him also.  He asks dreamily, "you think so?  It is nice." The lion has escaped the hunter, feeds the scrap to his lioness and is safely in his den.

The doorbell rings and Mami goes to answer.  Lavanya and Arnav have come home.  Come in, Anjali says one minute.  She has the thali and goes to start the arti.  Our lioness stops her and say she doesn't come as bahu of this house all rituals happen after marriage.  Anjali says that one day she will be bahu.  Shyam says to Nani that she is our guest so do it for Anjali.  Mami relieves the tension.  She is our comic relief, it's a doorway not a waiting room!   Di goes over to Lavanya and Lavanya says to her "Di, I just got here and you are leaving to go to temple?  I promise I will go with you tomorrow."  Anjali tells Lavanya it is a ritual greeting and Lavanya's reply is "Oh."  Anjali starts the arti and Lavanya follows the thal around and around until she feels dizzy, she tells ASR.  As Anjali is doing arti ASR is picturing his Kushi during Teej pooja.  Oh that poor man!  All he thinks about is Kushi and he is moving Lavanya into his home.  Having Lavanya in the house, ASR, will not make you forget Kushi!  Lavanya greets everyone and Nani doesn't respond.  Lavanya looks at ASR but he looks away.  She has entered into the Lion(ess)'s Den.

GH- Payal says everything is packed and Kushi is having second thoughts; she tells Payal she isn't sure she made the right decision.  She wants to receive a sign from above that her decision is right or wrong.  Payal reminds her to take DM.  DM drape falls; she holds her in her hands and pictures her demon flying in the air to capture her DM in his hands as he lands right on top of her.  Breaths intermingled, bodies touching so intimately…she slams DM down on her desk closing her eyes in frustration. Why is this devil always on her mind?

RM-  Lavanya is asked what she would like and the answer is juice no sugar, no ice.  Mami the comic genius says  "what a coincidence Arnav doesn't like sugar too.  After the wedding they will not have to buy sugar in their house."  Nani gives her a glare.   La gives her pastries to Jai Prakash to serve.  Everyone just loves the aroma of her cakes.  Mami asks how they are made as she inhales the delicious fragrance.  Lavanya lists flour, salt, eggs….OH NO!  Anjali says we don't eat eggs and Lavanya apologizes.  Mami needs to take a bath.  Lavanya says to ASR, "it is hot so I should change and go to the bathroom so where is your room?"  Mouths hang open.  ASR "I will show you."  They walk away.

There is a roar, the cubs are frightened, the lioness roars again, "Hey there Ms. Kashyup!"  The den is quiet.  They halt.  "What are you thinking and where do you think you are going?  I am asking you a question!" she roars.  ASR stands up for Lavanya saying she just got here and Nani can ask her all the questions later.  Nani retorts, "I am not going to ask anything, I am going to tell you only.  Lavanya WILL NOT stay in your room.  I agreed to let her stay in this house to maintain the respect and dignity of this family I had no other option but I can not let her stay in your room before marriage.  This is against our culture and our tradition."  ASR replies,"Nani, you know very well how I feel about these traditions." " And you know my opinion on that.  Tell me how you figured that Lavanya would stay in your room?  You did not think of the respect or culture of this family?"  Lavanya meows, "But Nani, the meaning of living together is that you stay together."  Mami in the back of the den mews,"Hello hi bye bye I think Ms. Kashyup likes to play with lions!!!"  Lavanya continues, "ASR and me in the same room…"ROAR!!!! "Forget it Ms. Kashyup!  NOT POSSIBLE!  Have you seen Chote, she argues with me already.  I accepted this because of you but I see you will do anything I like.  Jai Prakash place her bags in the guest room."   Lavanya looks at ASR and walks away following Jai Prakash.  

He is ready to fight against the lioness.  Shyam holds him on the shoulder.  The young cub begins.  "Sorry jiju.  Nani I don't think it was necessary to aggravate the situation any further.  Lavanya has come as a visitor and if you continue in this manner then…" Protecting her pride and den she replies, "What then Chote?"  "You already know the answer.  I will leave this house.  Lavanya and I will leave.  I am not interested in culture or traditions.  I have had enough and don't want to talk about this issue repeatedly."  The cub walks away angrily.

Nani, Anjali, Shyam and the rest of the family are in shock.  Nani continues that they wanted her to accept Lavanya into this house and see what happened.  Anjali calms her saying she just got here and give them time to get use to the traditions of the pride.  Nani agrees to a term of one month and if she is worthy of being a bahu of the pride otherwise she is out. She follows with a challenge, "And no one should dare defend him then!"  She looks sternly at both Anjali and Shyam.  She walks away to her lioness' den.

In ASR's room.  The cub angrily removes his jacket, tie, rolls up his sleeves and Shyam enters.  He tells his jiju that he is not going to stay in these conditions.  Shyam says no problem.  Calm down, you haven' t listened to Nani.   ASR asks Shyam if there is no respect in the relationship he has with Lavanya if there is no marriage?  Lavanya deserves respect, no?  He says they want to stay together but don't want the conventions of marriage.  Nani should understand this.  Shyaam tries to explain Nani's point of view that the type of relationship he is talking about only occurs through marriage and she needs a stamp of approval from society unless she will feel shame.  He doesn't care about anyone's stamp of approval. 

The servant brings tea.  Shyam's answer to calming everyone is a cup of tea. "Here have some."  He takes a cup of tea. 

ASR, the young cub, trying to find his way in the pride, tells Shyam, "This is my life, you know me, I feel different about marriage.  I don't want to get married because of the pressures of society, anyway I don't believe in it.  Each person has a different perspective and mine is just as important as Nani.  I want to live my life as I want! "  Shyam understands but it is important to respect the elders of the pride, just try once to do as Nani says.  You will see the heart can melt an iceberg into water maybe then she will see your perspective.  "I realized pretty quickly that you wanted to take control of your life and your future.  Do not make hasty decisions you will regret later.  Remember no person can take back his words or actions.  Life is not a video player that rewinds when you want."  This last sentence of Shyam hits him to the core.  He stands, thinking about those words and images of all the terrible things he has done to Kushi come pouring back into his head.  He sees himself breaking her pearl dori, letting go of her hand while holding her high above the boxes in his office and the letting her fall, he imagines him holding her frail wrist so tight at the guest house that he breaks her glass bangle cutting her and sees the drops of her ruby red blood and finally he hears her words, "You hate me don't you? You hate my status right? You don't want to see my face right?  Then be happy because I will go away from you forever.  I will go to Lucknow forever!"  He is ready to roar in pain!

He stands, the cub torn, clenching his paws he lives in the Lion(ess)'s Den.  Whose rules will he follow?  Will he stay with the pride?  Which lioness will be his or will he have both; one in his den and the other in his mind and heart?