*Meg_d* thumbnail
Posted: 18 years ago
There are some shows that change the history of television. And then there are those rare shows that change the future of television. They define, invent, lead.

And what better example to offer than Kaun Banega Crorepati. A show that was watched by millions, a show that will be remembered by millions. And all along, the Big Question has been - When will Big B and KBC return?

Well, the wait is finally over. KBC 2 is coming! And this time, it will be Bigger in one more way - the prize money up for grabs will be a staggering Rs 2 crore!

And that's just the beginning. Watch this space for regular updates on what promises to be another defining period for Indian television - KBC 2.

In KBC 1, his voice booms out, "Chalo, hum khelte hain Kaun Banega Crorepati". The camera zooms in. The game begins.

Courteous, occasionally playful, his face an impenetrable mask - Bachchan leads contestants through 15 heart-stopping questions. The conversation peppered with his pet phrases, "Confident?" "Are you sure?" "Lock kiya jaye?"

In a game that is about taking a calculated risk, the Big B's was among the biggest of them all. The superstar of Sholay and Coolie was now entering our drawing rooms (as an anchor!) on a game show!

What made Bachchan sign on the dotted line? The Big B says, "The concept seemed exciting, different and extremely well-organised. That's why I agreed to do it,"

With television, unlike cinema, the recording for each programme is almost live. Bachchan must always improvise.

Slowly we see our superstar emerge from customary reticence. He throws in a passing comment not on the script. The audience roars. This is as near to the real Bachchan as they can ever get.

A collection of special moment from KBC 1.

Manoj Singh when he quit on the 50 lakh question...
"My kids, Tanya and Tanishka, have been crying at home because they have missed this opportunity of meeting their hero. This is a little unflattering to us as they do not seem to miss us."

Ramesh Arora(25 lakh) looks back...
"I was a little nervous when I saw the other participants. There were young students who looked so smart, and there were others who looked like they were IAS officers and big shots from companies."

"However, after the first part I was leading and during the break Bachchan himself came up to me and said that it looked like I was going to walk away with all the money... and I did."

Crorepati Harshvardhan Nawathe post-KBC...
"Participating in KBC was only to meet up with my dream hero Amitabh Bachchan. I never really thought about the prize money."

Sanjay Gupta on the hot seat...
"It's the wait that's killing. You experience a sense of calm when you sit opposite the man (Bachchan) himself. I am waiting to get out there and occupy the hot seat again."

Edited by Megha_Desai - 18 years ago