chap 22 scene 1
awesome part...
lovely...
cont soon dear...
shagun05 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 11 years ago
oh so lovely

whenever i read the updates i am really in another lovey dovey worldall the while reading i had a smile on my face and a feeling of aweee
thanks 
jesovi thumbnail
firstly sorry for not commenting on ME(though i read it πŸ˜‰. it was superbly written.loved everything in that update and wowww!!! he broke her fast,he apologized her,he proposed her and she said hum bhi...i love you too arnavji!!!...loved it. waiting for next chapter. thnxxx 4 d pm.😊
StripePurple thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Hello. :)

The first part of this one gave me New Year's episodes' flashbacks. I don't know whether you had those in mind while writing this one but I was totally sniggering picturing the poor guy being unceremoniously pushed out. No after-proposal coochie-cooing for these two, no? Never mind. I'm sure it will all come in its own good time.

Khushi's 'I love you' surprised me though. I was not expecting it at all, and certainly not like this. But she still has lots of insecurities, bad memories of good times during her last non-wedding, and I'm looking forward to how these two iron these issues out and move forward. Love and marriage have never been on the same page for these two and the families' involvement should be interesting.

Anjali and Arnav in this story are a treat, like I always say, but bad times are coming soon for these two, and consequently, Khushi too. I read about all the good things happening in RM and yet those damned cameras there are always at the back of my mind. Sigh. High time for some hardcore Diwali clean-up in the house, don't you think?πŸ˜›

PS- Glad to see my demands are being attended to. You are the evil writer who won't give away any secrets but I have a pretty good guess. Ha. Waiting with a big cat-got-the-cream expression.πŸ˜ƒ
AllSmiles86 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This simple act spoke volumes more than his declaration ever could. He could never part with his mother's memories and by giving her his mother's anklets, he was telling her that he could never part with her either.

I think your Maha episode was at par or even better than IPK show. You should Arnav making repentance in the most humblest way and him bestowing Khushi with mom's Payal is that much more beautiful. I had tears reading the journey that these two souls went through. Maybe they both along with Aakash and Payal can help Anjali overcome her delusional life without a POWERPOINT PRESENTATION! I never felt that a smart move to divulge the truth. You are only making Anjali's character that much more suspectible to lies.

smitzy thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 6

Chapter 22 Scene 2

[Raizada Mansion, in the morning]

Arnav stretches his limbs and yawns widely. Bleary eyed and tousled haired, he gets up from his bed rubbing his eyes. Someone had already parted the curtains of the room and bright sunlight is streaming in through the doors of the poolside. Arnav looks at his plants glistening in the sun and feels content; what a beautiful day! Suddenly there is a knock on the door.

"Come in," Arnav mumbles still in a sleepy voice. The door opens and HP walks inside holding a tray bearing a cup and saucer - his morning tea. "Haan HP. Ise wahan table pe rakh do," Arnav directs. HP wordlessly follows the order and then as he straightens up he turns to Arnav.

"Arnav bhaiya, Anjali Di pooch rahi thi ki aapko bhook lag rahi ho to nashta lagwa dein? Aapne kal raat bhi khana nahin khaya tha," HP asks. Arnav raises his eyebrow.

Kal raat... Ye Gupta sisters aisi hi hain, Bhai. I'm sure wahan Laxmi Nagar mein Khushi ji ka bhi yahi haal ho raha hoga... Arnavji ko hamari umar bhi lag jaye. Unhe har mushkil, har musibat se door rakhiyega, Devi Maiyya... Aap yahan kya kar rahe hain?... Dhanyawaad. Har cheej ke liye... hum aur nahin bhaagna chahte hain... Kyun Arnavji? Aap humein kyun chod kar chale gaye the?... Kal phir agar aisa kuch hua aur aap phir se humein akela chod kar chale gaye to?... Kya aap humein ye payal pehnayenge?... I love you too Arnavji!

Arnav jumps up from his bed all signs of his sleep having disappeared instantly. He dismisses HP with a wave of his hand and hurriedly picks up his phone from his bedside table and hits speed dial. How could he have been thinking about the sun and his plants when there was such an important thing pending? Khushi's answer! But like last night, the IVR again tells him that "the number you're trying to call is currently switched off. Please try later."

Arnav growls in irritation. Khushi ka phone raat se hi off kyun hai? Why the hell hasn't she turned it on? He again punches the dial button and waits hopefully to hear a ring at the other side. He disconnects the moment the IVR starts talking. He keeps the phone beside his bedside table and heads off to the restroom to get freshened up. He'd try again in a few minutes.

[Gupta House]

Khushi is wearing a baby blue anarkali suit and her hair has been left open again. She's wolfing down her breakfast at top speed making Garima and Buaji stare at her with ill concealed shock.

"Arre Parmeswari araam se khao. Kauno train choot rahi hai kaa tumri?" Buaji says admonishingly. But that doesn't deter Khushi.

"Arre nahin Buaji, humein agle aadhe ghante mein Chandni Chowk pahunchna hai. Isiliye to hum jaldi kha rahe hain," Khushi explains impatiently. Finally she rushes to the sink and keeps her plates there. Then checking her jhola, she realizes that her phone is missing. She immediately rushes to her room.

"Arre! Ye kya hua? Phone to band pada hai. Hum isko aise to nahin le ja sakte," Khushi mutters as she checks the screen of her mobile. She realizes the battery is dead. So she switches it on, plugs in the charger and rushes back out of the room.

"Amma, humare phone ki battery mar gayi hai. Isiliye hum use ghar par hi chod kar ja rahe hain. Agar tumhe humse baat karni hogi, to Jeeji ke phone par call kar lena," Khushi hurriedly explains to Garima and after hugging her father, she quickly rushes out of the house.

Buaji holds her head exasperatedly, "Kaa hoga iss Parmeswari ka, Nandkishore!"

[Raizada Mansion, a little while later]

Arnav walks out of his bathroom, wiping his face with a towel and dressed in his Sunday casuals - a fresh pair of black track pants and his purple jersey (having put the dirtied orange one to wash the previous night). He again picks up his phone on his way to the dining room trying to call Khushi. This time, to his surprise the phone rings. He waits impatiently for her to pick up the phone. After the 30 seconds of ringing, he's greeted with the automated message of "The number you're trying to call is not available at the moment. Please try after some time."

Arnav's irritation starts growing. This is the limit! I have been trying since last night. Where the hell are you Khushi? he violently presses down the disconnect button after a repeat of the same event. He sits down on the chair with a huff, his eyebrows scrunched together in a frown. Anjali notices his brother's expressions.

"Chotey? Kya baat hai? Tum itna tense kyun lag rahe ho?" she enquires.

"Arnav bitwa ko dekh ke laagat hai as ifs woo saamne baithe insaan ka murder karne wale hain," Mamiji comments. NK suddenly starts choking on his food, for he was the one sitting right across Arnav today. Mamiji laughs and starts hitting NK hard on his back, making him wince. Arnav narrows his eyes, the early morning antics failing to amuse him.

"Kuch nahin Di. Khushi ka phone nahin lag raha hai," Arnav murmurs in a low voice so that only Anjali can hear him. Anjali raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, to unke landline par call kar lo. I'm sure, koi na koi to hoga hi ghar pe," she says reasonably. Arnav smacks himself for not thinking of this. He nods at Anjali, picks up his two slices of toast and leaves again for his bedroom chomping on the toast and calling the Gupta's land line at the same time. Someone picks up on the third ring.

"Haallooo?" Buaji's voice rings loud and clear in Arnav's ear. He keeps the phone away from his ears for a moment.

"Haan, Buaji. Main Arnav bol raha hun. Khu-," Arnav says. Buaji immediately exclaims from the other side.

"Arre Arnav bitwa! Kaisan ho tum, Nandkishore? Ghar mein sab kaisan hain?" her voice booms again.

"Haan, main acha hun Buaji. Baki sab bhi ache hain. Khu-" Arnav replies hoping the idle chitchat would finish quickly. Buaji again cuts his words midway.

"Haan bitwa, hum kagazaat par dastakhat kiye rahe hain. Tumka batana bhool gaye rahe. Tum apan driver ko bhej diyo," Buaji says. Arnav looks lost for a moment as he thinks which papers was Buaji talking about. Then he remembers, oh the house papers!

"Haan Buaji. Main driver ko bhej dunga. Woh aapse papers collect kar lega," Arnav replies. Then he hesitates for a moment. He had never called Khushi's home before asking for her to be summoned on the phone and suddenly he starts feeling awkward. "Uhm Buaji...?"

"Haan babua, bolo," Buaji booms again.

"Khushi hai kya?" he mumbles tentatively, cautious to not sound too eager nor too casual.

"Khushi? Nahin bitwa, Khushi to ghar pe naahin hai," Buaji's response surprises him again. But her phone was ringing!

"Par Buaji, main usko phone karne ki koshish kar raha tha. Uska phone ring ho raha hai," he asks desperately. Buaji starts laughing on the other side at some unspoken joke which Arnav was yet to figure out.

"Haan woo Sankadevi sanak gayi hai aaj. Uska phone mar gaya tha na, to woo charge par laga kar bhaag gayi," His jaw has dropped. What the hell! That means he just missed her!! Ah damn.

"Accha theek hai Buaji," Arnav finally says resignedly. "Woh aaye to usse kahiyega mujhe urgently call kare. Kuch zaroori baat karni hai usse." He disconnects the call and sits down on the edge of his bed staring annoyedly at the phone. Itni mehnat karni pad rahi hai, tumse ek haan sunne ke liye Khushi Kumari Gupta!

[Chandni Chowk, around noon time]

Payal and Khushi are walking in the busy lanes of Chandni Chowk. Khushi has a stick of ice gola in her hands and a few bags hang on both her and Payal's forearms. The two sisters look extremely happy and carefree as they walk window shopping from one shop to the next. Finally, they reach the Paratha Galli and Khushi's stomach starts rumbling.

"Jeeji! Dekho Paratha Galli aa gayi. Chalo na kuch khate hain," Khushi tugs at Payal's arm and hurries her to the closest shop.

"Khushi hum log jab se yahan pahunche hain, tum kuch na kuch khaye hi jaa rahi ho," Payal smacks Khushi on her head affectionately.

"Hum kya karein Jeeji. Jab hum chinta karte hain, to humein bhook lagne lagti hai. Aur fir humein jo dikhta hai, hum wohi khane lagte hain," Khushi's innocent response makes Payal smile again, for she was well verse with the behaviours of her younger sister.

"To ek kaam kyun nahin karti, Khushi? Jis baat se tumhe chinta ho rahi hai, uss baat ko apne dil se nikaal do," Payal suggests. Khushi turns towards her with a troubled look on her face.

"Wohi to baat hai na Jeeji. Humein kuch samajh nahin aa raha hai," Khushi says despairingly. Payal decides it's time to pause the shopping expedition for some time, and do what they really came here to do - talk about her and Arnav. Payal pulls her inside the first stall and makes her sit on the rickety wooden bench.

"Bhaiya, do plate gobi aur alu ke mix parathe," Payal tells the lanky teenager taking orders and sits next to Khushi. "Khushi, tumne phone par humse kaha thi ki tumhe Arnavji ke bare mein baat karni hai. To batao, kya baat hai?" Payal asks in a business like tone. No point beating around the bush really. Khushi fidgets her fingers in her lap.

"Jeeji... Kal raat..." she hesitates. Should she really tell her sister about her night time meeting? "Kal raat Arnavji hamara vrat tod ne aaye the aur unhone humein unse shaadikarne keliyekaha," Khushi reels off in one go and then sways her hands in the air looking relieved. Payal on the other hand looks utterly perplexed.

"Kya?" she asks. Khushi's momentary look of joy is again replaced with a frown again.

"Kal raat..." she mutters tentatively, "Arnavji hamara vrat todne aaye the." Payal's heart starts racing. Oh, to Arnavji sach mein Khushi se hi milne gaye the! "Aur phir humne baatein ki. Aur unhone humein apni Maa ki payal di." Khushi quickly points to her ankles. Payal follows her gaze and notices the new set of payals on her feet next to the older familiar ones. "Aur phir, unhone... unhone humari angoothi humein wapis dekar..." Payal feels her breathing stop for a moment.

"Wapis dekar? Wapis dekar kya Khushi?" she prompts.

"Wapis dekar humse poocha ki hum unse shaadi karenge kya," Khushi ends her words sheepishly. Payal's eyes widen in surprise. Okay, him going to break Khushi's fast was something Aakash and her had planned for. This was completely out of the blue!

"Do plate alu-gobi mix paratha!" the boy hands over two plates of steaming hot parathas to the sisters one of whom was shocked and the other looked extremely worried.

"Jeeji!" Khushi prods, reading the surprised look on her elder sister's face. "Kuch bolo na jeeji!"

"To... tumne kya socha uske bare mein?" Payal asks her, the warmth from the plate activating her brain cells to speak. Khushi looks even more lost.

"Hum nahin jaante Jeeji," she admits and quickly puts a morsel into her mouth. "Humne to socha hi nahin tha ki Arnavji humse phir se shaadi ki baat karenge. Khaas kar jab ek baar pehle bhi shaadi ki rasamein wagerah ho chuki hain. Humein Amma Bauji se bhi iss bare mein baat karni hogi. Humein to kuch samajh nahin aa raha hai," Khushi's despairing words make Payal pause her thought process for a moment.

"To tumne unko koi jawaab nahin diya?" she asks. Khushi immediately chokes on her food remembering how she had thrown Arnav out of the window the previous night. She relates the entire incident to Payal who by then end of it, looks shocked once more.

"Tumne Arnavji ko... khidki se bahar dhakel diya?" she asks appalled. Khushi nods her head looking apologetic. Payal and Khushi go back to eating her parathas while Payal is thinking hard about the situation at hand.

"Khushi," she says once they had finished their food and were paying up for it. "Ek minute ke liye Amma, Bauji, iss poori duniya ke bare mein bhool jao. Tum kya chahti ho?" Payal's words make Khushi thoughtful too.

Hum kya chahte hain? Hum Arnavji ko chahte hain, is the first thing that comes to her mind. Payal notices the subconscious blush creeping up on her younger sister's cheeks and instantly knows what Khushi's answer is. She sighs.

"Dekh Khushi. Tum dono ke beech jo kuch bhi hua, mere hisaab se acha nahin hua," Payal says, unable to keep the note of disappointment out of her voice, remembering the pain that her sister had gone through. "So koi bhi kadam lene se pehle, kuch bhi sochne se pehle, tujhe Arnavji se beeti baatein bilkul saaf karni hogi. Woh tumse bahut pyaar karte hain, hum jante hain. Aur tum bhi unko bahut chahti ho. Par kya woh ye wada kar sakte hain ki woh tujhe akela kabhi nahin chodenge?" Payal's words take Khushi back to the previous night where Arnav and she had cried together and talked about it. He had even given her the payals to promise her. She involuntarily glances at her ankles as she thinks about it. Then Khushi turns to Payal.

"Arnavji ne wada kiya hai humse ki woh humein kabhi akela nahin chodenge," she states simply, her voice ringing with conviction. "aur humein un par bharosa hai Jeeji." Payal looks at the almost teary eyes of Khushi and her heart melts. Oh Khushi! How much she was yearning to get back with Arnav now that they had talked about their issues. How much she was in love with that man. And if that was the case, then Payal wouldn't stand in their way.

"Theek hai, Khushi. Agar tumhara irada pakka hai, to Arnavji ko apna jawaab de do," Payal says. When she notices Khushi is still looking hesistant, Payal adds, "Amma, Bauji aur Buaji se hum baat karenge." Khushi's eyes widen and she stares at her Jeeji enquiringly. Payal nods reassuringly and gently smiles back at her. Khushi immediately wraps her arms around Payal and hugs her tightly.

"Dhanywaad Jeeji!" she exclaims happily. Payal too smiles, praying in her heart to God to finally give Khushi the happiness she deserves. Khushi withdraws from the hug and happily starts chattering about the various things they were yet to buy and steers Payal back towards the shops.

[Raizada Mansion, later in the afternoon]

Anjali is in her room with a laptop open in front of her. She has opened her bank website and is staring at the computer screen with wide open eyes. Open in front of her were the various transactions done from her personal account. She's surprised to see money being silently siphoned from her account to her joint account and then, money being transferred out of that account to an unknown account. She hasn't made any such transactions nor had she authorised any transfers. The only other person who had control over that account was Shyam and he had never transferred money like this before. He used to make all expeditures directly from their joint account. No it couldn't be Shyam. Somebody must have compromised the online security of her joint account.

Her eyebrows scrunch up into a frown. She picks up the phone and calls a number.

"Mr. Bhushan? Hum Anjali Manohar Jha bol rahein hain. Arnav Singh Raizada ki behen," Anjali says into the phone. "Humein aapki assistance chahiye thi."

She pauses as her banker says something from the other end.

"Haan hum jante hain ki aaj Sunday hai aur aaj aapke offices band honge. Par kya aap kal office khulte hi, humara joint account freeze kara sakte hain?" she asks.

Another pause as she hears his response.

"Haanji, main aapko meri account details abhi email kar deti hun. Aap apna email id humein sms kar dijiye please?"

Her banker confirms that he would do it right away.

"Thank you Mr. Bhushan." Anjali replies and disconnects the phone. She goes on staring at the screen, looking confusedly at the unnamed third account that the money was being siphoned off to. Whose account was that?

[Minutes later...]

Arnav is sitting in his room when his phone rings. He notices the caller id which reads "Mr. Bhushan (banker)". Arnav receives the call.

"Yes, Mr. Bhushan?" Arnav asks, wondering why was his banker calling him on a holiday.

"Mr. Raizada, aapne humein Ms. Anjali Jha ke joint account under observation rakhne ke liye kaha tha na? Abhi abhi thodi der pehle, aapki sister ne mujhe woh account freeze karne ki instructions diye hain." Arnav's eyebrows rise up in surprise.

"Okay... Thank you Mr. Bhushan. Di ne jo instructions diye hain, aap please unko follow kariye," Arnav replies and disconnects the call. He still looks a little confused with his sister's abrupt decision to freeze her bank account. He set out towards her room to find out what was going on.

[Chandni Chowk]

Arms laden with bags of all possible shapes sizes and colours, the Gupta sisters look exhausted with their shopping spree.

"Itne kapde to agli diwali tak chal jayenge jeeji," Khushi mutters, looking visibly much more relaxed. Payal starts laughing at the silliness of her remark.

"Haan rehne do Khushi. Hum jaante hain, tum agli diwali phir Chandni Chowk aaogi aur bhar bhar ke kapde kharidogi," Payal replies teasingly. "Aur kuch na hua to yahan par jalebi aur parathe khane to zaroor aogi." Khushi frowns at her sister's comment.

"Acha suno, ab tum hamare saath Shantivan chalo. Humare paas Amma ka kuch saaman rakha hua hai jo lucknow se laut te waqt humare bag mein galti se dal gaya tha. Tum wapis ghar jaogi to use bhi saath lete chalna." Khushi nods and starts haggling with an auto driver for the cheapest fare to get to Vasant Vihar.

Payal quietly takes her phone out an punches a message to Aakash.

[Anjali's room]

"Di?" Arnav says as he walks into his sister's room. Anjali looks up from the bed where she has been reading a pregnancy related book, and smiles at Arnav.

"Haan Chotey. Tumhari baat hui Khushi ji se?" Arnav looks momentarily distracted and slumps down next to Anjali on the edge of the bed, looking irritated.

"Nahin di," he says dejectedly. "Woh apne phone ghar pe hi chod ke kahin bahar chali gayi hai. Maine Buaji se kaha hai ki woh wapis aaye to usse kahe mujhe call karne ke liye."

"Waise Chotey, tumhe unse itni urgently kya baat karni hai?" Anjali's next question renders Arnav uncomfortable again, as if was feeling awkward confessing this to his sister. Anjali raises her brows humorously as she notices her grown up brother fidgeting like a teenager. "Chotey? It's okay, tum bata sakte ho humein," she says, trying to suppress the giggle that was threatening to burst out any moment.

"Ah, to hell with it!" Arnav suddenly exclaims, breaking free of his hesistation. He looks at Anjali. "Maine Khushi ko propose kiya tha Di." Anjali's humor vanishes in an instant and her eyes widen in surprise. Arnav warily stares at his sister, not quite happy with her reaction. Then Anjali squeals excited like a young girl and Arnav's brows too shoot up in surprise.

"CHOTEY! Tumne propose kiya?" The idea seemingly so outrageous to Anjali that she was utterly shocked. Arnav immediately assumes a defensive stance.

"Haan to?" he retorts annoyedly. Anjali does burst into laughter this time seeing her brother's reaction. She lunges for him and hugs him tightly.

"Aww Chotey! Hum bata nahin sakte hain, ki hum kitne khush hain!" she exclaims happily and then she withdraws from the hug and he notices her eyes shining brightly. "Oh, ye kitni achi news di hai tumne chotey! Humein kitna kuch karna hoga! Khushi ji ke ghar jana hoga, unke liye fir se shagun..." Arnav too feels a smile light up his face sensing his sister's enthusiasm but holds her wrists in a bid to calm her down.

"Di... Di, Khushi ne abhi tak haan nahin kaha hai," he reminds her. Anjali's excitement dims and she suddenly pouts.

"Chotey, tumse bada spoilsport duniya mein kahin nahin hoga. Do minute apni Di ko khush nahin dekh sakte ho na tum?" Anjali's frustrated words, suddenly make Arnav chuckle. He kisses her gently on the forehead, resting his hand on her pregnant belly. Anjali smiles at him fondly.

"Waise tum humse kya baat kare aaye the?" she asks him, suddenly remembering. Arnav's smile fades a little too. She looks so happy right now, distracted from her sadness of yesterday. I'll ask her about her account later, Arnav decides.

"Kuch nahin Di, main to bas ye poochne aaya tha ki aapne apni medicines li hain ki nahin," Arnav lies. Anjali smacks her forehead.

"Arre Chotey, acha hua tumne yaad dila diya. Woh drawer khol kar red pills wala bottle dena. Humne woh khane mein thodi si delay kar di hai," she says pointing to her dressing table drawer. Arnav fetches the bottle as commanded and hands her a pill with a glass of water, all the while muttering about how she should take care of herself.

Suddenly Aakash peers into the room. "Bhai?" he asks. Arnav looks at Aakash enquiringly. "Woh Diwali ke liye painters aaye hain. Woh aapka room dekhna chahte hain. Aap zara unse baat karenge?"

Arnav nods his head and after bidding his byes to Anjali walks out to his room. Anjali holds her lower abdomen as a strange sensation shoots through her body. Then deciding it was nothing that merited her attention, Anjali walks towards her poolside to check the repairs or painting work needed to be done there as well.

ENGLISH VERSION

Chapter 22 Scene 2

[Raizada Mansion, in the morning]

Arnav stretches his limbs and yawns widely. Bleary eyed and tousled haired, he gets up from his bed rubbing his eyes. Someone had already parted the curtains of the room and bright sunlight is streaming in through the doors of the poolside. Arnav looks at his plants glistening in the sun and feels content; what a beautiful day! Suddenly there is a knock on the door.

"Come in," Arnav mumbles still in a sleepy voice. The door opens and HP walks inside holding a tray bearing a cup and saucer - his morning tea. "Haan HP. keep it there on the table," Arnav directs. HP wordlessly follows the order and then as he straightens up he turns to Arnav.

"Arnav bhaiya, Anjali Di was asking if you are hungry I could set up breakfast for you? Since you skipped dinner last night," HP asks. Arnav raises his eyebrow.

Last night... These Gupta sisters are like this only, Bhai. I'm sure Khushiji must be going through the same thing in Laxmi Nagar... May Arnavji live long. Keep him away from every trouble and every heartbreat, Devi Maiyya... What are you doing here?... Thank you for everything... I don't want to run anymore... Why  Arnavji? Why did you leave me all alone and leave?... If something like this happens again tomorrow and you leave me again then?... Will you put these payal on my feet?... I love you too Arnavji!

Arnav jumps up from his bed all signs of his sleep having disappeared instantly. He dismisses HP with a wave of his hand and hurriedly picks up his phone from his bedside table and hits speed dial. How could he have been thinking about the sun and his plants when there was such an important thing pending? Khushi's answer! But like last night, the IVR again tells him that "the number you're trying to call is currently switched off. Please try later."

Arnav growls in irritation. Khushi's phone has been swtiched off since last night? Why the hell hasn't she turned it on? He again punches the dial button and waits hopefully to hear a ring at the other side. He disconnects the moment the IVR starts talking. He keeps the phone beside his bedside table and heads off to the restroom to get freshened up. He'd try again in a few minutes.

[Gupta House]

Khushi is wearing a baby blue anarkali suit and her hair has been left open again. She's wolfing down her breakfast at top speed making Garima and Buaji stare at her with ill concealed shock.

"Arre Parmeswari eat carefully. Are you chasing after a train?" Buaji says admonishingly. But that doesn't deter Khushi.

"Arre no Buaji, I've to reach Chandni Chowk in the next half and hour. That is why I'm rushing like this," Khushi explains impatiently. Finally she rushes to the sink and keeps her plates there. Then checking her jhola, she realizes that her phone is missing. She immediately rushes to her room.

"Arre! What's this? My phone is switched off. I can't take it with me like this," Khushi mutters as she checks the screen of her mobile. She realizes the battery is dead. So she switches it on, plugs in the charger and rushes back out of the room.

"Amma, my phone's battery has died so I'm leaving it for charging at home itself. If you want to speak to me, call up Jeeji's number okay?" Khushi hurriedly explains to Garima and after hugging her father, she quickly rushes out of the house.

Buaji holds her head exasperatedly, "What will happen to this Parmeswari, Nandkishore!"

[Raizada Mansion, a little while later]

Arnav walks out of his bathroom, wiping his face with a towel and dressed in his Sunday casuals - a fresh pair of black track pants and his purple jersey (having put the dirtied orange one to wash the previous night). He again picks up his phone on his way to the dining room trying to call Khushi. This time, to his surprise the phone rings. He waits impatiently for her to pick up the phone. After the 30 seconds of ringing, he's greeted with the automated message of "The number you're trying to call is not available at the moment. Please try after some time."

Arnav's irritation starts growing. This is the limit! I have been trying since last night. Where the hell are you Khushi? he violently presses down the disconnect button after a repeat of the same event. He sits down on the chair with a huff, his eyebrows scrunched together in a frown. Anjali notices his brother's expressions.

"Chotey? What's wrong? Why do you look so tense?" she enquires.

"It seems like Arnav bitwa is going to murder the person sitting in front of him," Mamiji comments. NK suddenly starts choking on his food, for he was the one sitting right across Arnav today. Mamiji laughs and starts hitting NK hard on his back, making him wince. Arnav narrows his eyes, the early morning antics failing to amuse him.

"Nothing Di. I can't get through to Khushi on her phone," Arnav murmurs in a low voice so that only Anjali can hear him. Anjali raises an eyebrow.

"Oh, then call her landline. I'm sure, someone must be at home," she says reasonably. Arnav smacks himself for not thinking of this. He nods at Anjali, picks up his two slices of toast and leaves again for his bedroom chomping on the toast and calling the Gupta's land line at the same time. Someone picks up on the third ring.

"Haallooo?" Buaji's voice rings loud and clear in Arnav's ear. He keeps the phone away from his ears for a moment.

"Buaji. This is Arnav here. Khu-," Arnav says. Buaji immediately exclaims from the other side.

"Arre Arnav bitwa! how are you, Nandkishore? How is everyone at home?" her voice booms again.

"I'm fine thank you Buaji. Everyone else is fine too. Khu-" Arnav replies hoping the idle chitchat would finish quickly. Buaji again cuts his words midway.

"Bitwa, I've signed the papers already. Just forgot to tell you. Send your driver please," Buaji says. Arnav looks lost for a moment as he thinks which papers was Buaji talking about. Then he remembers, oh the house papers!

"Okay Buaji. I'll send my driver, he'll collect the papers from you," Arnav replies. Then he hesitates for a moment. He had never called Khushi's home before asking for her to be summoned on the phone and suddenly he starts feeling awkward. "Uhm Buaji...?"

"Yes babua," Buaji booms again.

"Is Khushi there?" he mumbles tentatively, cautious to not sound too eager nor too casual.

"Khushi? No bitwa, Khushi isn't at home," Buaji's response surprises him again. But her phone was ringing!

"But Buaji, I was trying to call her. Her phone was ringing," he asks desperately. Buaji starts laughing on the other side at some unspoken joke which Arnav was yet to figure out.

"Sankadevi has gone mad today. Her phone died today so she put it on charge and went out," His jaw has dropped. What the hell! That means he just missed her!! Ah damn.

"Okay Buaji," Arnav finally says resignedly. "Once she returns please tell her to speak to me urgently. I need to speak with her about something serious." He disconnects the call and sits down on the edge of his bed staring annoyedly at the phone. I've to do much of hard work just to hear a yes from you Khushi Kumari Gupta!

[Chandni Chowk, around noon time]

Payal and Khushi are walking in the busy lanes of Chandni Chowk. Khushi has a stick of ice gola in her hands and a few bags hang on both her and Payal's forearms. The two sisters look extremely happy and carefree as they walk window shopping from one shop to the next. Finally, they reach the Paratha Galli and Khushi's stomach starts rumbling.

"Jeeji! Look! Paratha Galli is right here. Let's go and eat something," Khushi tugs at Payal's arm and hurries her to the closest shop.

"Khushi since the time we have arrived here, you have been eating something or the other," Payal smacks Khushi on her head affectionately.

"What can I do Jeeji. When I get tensed, I feel hungry. And when I get hungry I start eating whatever comes to sight," Khushi's innocent response makes Payal smile again, for she was well verse with the behaviours of her younger sister.

"So why don't you do one thing Khushi? Whatever it is that is bothering you, talk it out of your heart," Payal suggests. Khushi turns towards her with a troubled look on her face.

"that is it Jeeji. I'm not able to figure it ou," Khushi says despairingly. Payal decides it's time to pause the shopping expedition for some time, and do what they really came here to do - talk about her and Arnav. Payal pulls her inside the first stall and makes her sit on the rickety wooden bench.

"Bhaiya, two plates of gobi aur alu mix parathe," Payal tells the lanky teenager taking orders and sits next to Khushi. "Khushi, you told me on the phone that you want to talk about Arnavji. So tell me, what is it?" Payal asks in a business like tone. No point beating around the bush really. Khushi fidgets her fingers in her lap.

"Jeeji... Last night..." she hesitates. Should she really tell her sister about her night time meeting? "Last night Arnavji broke my fast, gave me my ring and askedmeto marryhim," Khushi reels off in one go and then sways her hands in the air looking relieved. Payal on the other hand looks utterly perplexed.

"What?" she asks. Khushi's momentary look of joy is again replaced with a frown again.

"Last night..." she mutters tentatively, "Arnavji came to break my fast." Payal's heart starts racing. Oh, so Arnavji did go to meet Khushi! "And then we talked and he gave me his mother's payals." Khushi quickly points to her ankles. Payal follows her gaze and notices the new set of payals on her feet next to the older familiar ones. "And then, he returned me my engagement ring and..." Payal feels her breathing stop for a moment.

"And? And what Khushi?" she prompts.

"And he asked me if I'll marry him," Khushi ends her words sheepishly. Payal's eyes widen in surprise. Okay, him going to break Khushi's fast was something Aakash and her had planned for. This was completely out of the blue!

"Two plate alu-gobi mix paratha!" the boy hands over two plates of steaming hot parathas to the sisters one of whom was shocked and the other looked extremely worried.

"Jeeji!" Khushi prods, reading the surprised look on her elder sister's face. "Say something  jeeji!"

"So what do you think about it?" Payal asks her, the warmth from the plate activating her brain cells to speak. Khushi looks even more lost.

"I don't know Jeeji," she admits and quickly puts a morsel into her mouth. "I could never dream that Arnavji will talk to me about marriage again. I mean especially since all the pre-wedding rituals are already done once. I'll have to talk to Amma and Bauji about this as well. I don't understand anything," Khushi's despairing words make Payal pause her thought process for a moment.

"So you didn't give him a reply then?" she asks. Khushi immediately chokes on her food remembering how she had thrown Arnav out of the window the previous night. She relates the entire incident to Payal who by then end of it, looks shocked once more.

"You... you pushed Arnavji out of the window?" she asks appalled. Khushi nods her head looking apologetic. Payal and Khushi go back to eating her parathas while Payal is thinking hard about the situation at hand.

"Khushi," she says once they had finished their food and were paying up for it. "For one minute, forget about Amma Bauji and the rest of the world. What do you want?" Payal's words make Khushi thoughtful too.

What do I want? I want Arnavji, is the first thing that comes to her mind. Payal notices the subconscious blush creeping up on her younger sister's cheeks and instantly knows what Khushi's answer is. She sighs.

"Look Khushi. Whatever happened between you two earlier, wasn't good according to me," Payal says, unable to keep the note of disappointment out of her voice, remembering the pain that her sister had gone through. "So before deciding anything, before thinking anything, you have to talk to Arnavji about all of that clearly. I know that he loves you a lot and that you love him too. But can he promise that he will never leave you again?" Payal's words take Khushi back to the previous night where Arnav and she had cried together and talked about it. He had even given her the payals to promise her. She involuntarily glances at her ankles as she thinks about it. Then Khushi turns to Payal.

"Arnavji did promise me that he will never leave me alone, Jeeji," she states simply, her voice ringing with conviction. "and I trust his words." Payal looks at the almost teary eyes of Khushi and her heart melts. Oh Khushi! How much she was yearning to get back with Arnav now that they had talked about their issues. How much she was in love with that man. And if that was the case, then Payal wouldn't stand in their way.

"Okay, Khushi. If you are sure about this, then give your answer to Arnavji," Payal says. When she notices Khushi is still looking hesistant, Payal adds, "I'll talk to Amma, Bauji and Buaji." Khushi's eyes widen and she stares at her Jeeji enquiringly. Payal nods reassuringly and gently smiles back at her. Khushi immediately wraps her arms around Payal and hugs her tightly.

"Thank you Jeeji!" she exclaims happily. Payal too smiles, praying in her heart to God to finally give Khushi the happiness she deserves. Khushi withdraws from the hug and happily starts chattering about the various things they were yet to buy and steers Payal back towards the shops.

[Raizada Mansion, later in the afternoon]

Anjali is in her room with a laptop open in front of her. She has opened her bank website and is staring at the computer screen with wide open eyes. Open in front of her were the various transactions done from her personal account. She's surprised to see money being silently siphoned from her account to her joint account and then, money being transferred out of that account to an unknown account. She hasn't made any such transactions nor had she authorised any transfers. The only other person who had control over that account was Shyam and he had never transferred money like this before. He used to make all expeditures directly from their joint account. No it couldn't be Shyam. Somebody must have compromised the online security of her joint account.

Her eyebrows scrunch up into a frown. She picks up the phone and calls a number.

"Mr. Bhushan? This is Anjali Manohar Jha. Arnav Singh Raizada's sister," Anjali says into the phone. "I need your assistance."

She pauses as her banker says something from the other end.

"I know today is a holiday and your offices are closed but tomorrow as soon as you offices open can you please have my joint account frozen?" she asks.

Another pause as she hears his response.

"Yes I'll email you my account details. Can you please sms me your email id?"

Her banker confirms that he would do it right away.

"Thank you Mr. Bhushan." Anjali replies and disconnects the phone. She goes on staring at the screen, looking confusedly at the unnamed third account that the money was being siphoned off to. Whose account was that?

[Minutes later...]

Arnav is sitting in his room when his phone rings. He notices the caller id which reads "Mr. Bhushan (banker)". Arnav receives the call.

"Yes, Mr. Bhushan?" Arnav asks, wondering why was his banker calling him on a holiday.

"Mr. Raizada, you had asked us to keep Anjali Jha's join account under observation? Just a while ago, your sister has given me instructions to freeze her joint account." Arnav's eyebrows rise up in surprise.

"Okay... Thank you Mr. Bhushan. Please follow the instructions issued by Di," Arnav replies and disconnects the call. He still looks a little confused with his sister's abrupt decision to freeze her bank account. He set out towards her room to find out what was going on.

[Chandni Chowk]

Arms laden with bags of all possible shapes sizes and colours, the Gupta sisters look exhausted with their shopping spree.

"So many clothes! I think they'll easily last till next Diwali, jeeji," Khushi mutters, looking visibly much more relaxed. Payal starts laughing at the silliness of her remark.

"Yeah right Khushi. I know you'll be back here next diwali to buy clothes again," Payal replies teasingly. "And if that is not the case, then you'll definitely drop by to eat jalebis and paratha." Khushi frowns at her sister's comment.

"OKay listen come with me to Shantivan now. I've some things of Amma with me which I packed in my luggage by mistake when we returned from Lucknow. When you return home, you can take them with you." Khushi nods and starts haggling with an auto driver for the cheapest fare to get to Vasant Vihar.

Payal quietly takes her phone out an punches a message to Aakash.

[Anjali's room]

"Di?" Arnav says as he walks into his sister's room. Anjali looks up from the bed where she has been reading a pregnancy related book, and smiles at Arnav.

"Yeah Chotey. Did you get to talk to Khushiji?" Arnav looks momentarily distracted and slumps down next to Anjali on the edge of the bed, looking irritated.

"No di," he says dejectedly. "She's left her phone at home and gone out somewhere. I've left word with Buaji to have her call me the moment she gets back home."

"By the way, Chotey, what is the urgency of talking to her?" Anjali's next question renders Arnav uncomfortable again, as if was feeling awkward confessing this to his sister. Anjali raises her brows humorously as she notices her grown up brother fidgeting like a teenager. "Chotey? It's okay, you can tell me," she says, trying to suppress the giggle that was threatening to burst out any moment.

"Ah, to hell with it!" Arnav suddenly exclaims, breaking free of his hesistation. He looks at Anjali. "Di, I proposed to Khushi." Anjali's humor vanishes in an instant and her eyes widen in surprise. Arnav warily stares at his sister, not quite happy with her reaction. Then Anjali squeals excited like a young girl and Arnav's brows too shoot up in surprise.

"CHOTEY! You proposed?" The idea seemingly so outrageous to Anjali that she was utterly shocked. Arnav immediately assumes a defensive stance.

"So what?" he retorts annoyedly. Anjali does burst into laughter this time seeing her brother's reaction. She lunges for him and hugs him tightly.

"Aww Chotey! I can't tell you how happy I am!" she exclaims happily and then she withdraws from the hug and he notices her eyes shining brightly. "Oh, this is fabulous news chotey! I've so much work to do! Need to go to Khushi'ji's house again and get her shagun..." Arnav too feels a smile light up his face sensing his sister's enthusiasm but holds her wrists in a bid to calm her down.

"Di... Di, Khushi hasn't said yes yet," he reminds her. Anjali's excitement dims and she suddenly pouts.

"Chotey, there can't be a bigger spoil sport than you in the whole wide world. You can't bear to see your Di happy for even two minutes right?" Anjali's frustrated words, suddenly make Arnav chuckle. He kisses her gently on the forehead, resting his hand on her pregnant belly. Anjali smiles at him fondly.

"By the way, what did you want to talk to me about?" she asks him, suddenly remembering. Arnav's smile fades a little too. She looks so happy right now, distracted from her sadness of yesterday. I'll ask her about her account later, Arnav decides.

"Nothing Di, I just came to check if you've had the medicines on time or not," Arnav lies. Anjali smacks her forehead.

"Oh Chotey, good you reminded me. Open that drawer and get me the bottle of red pills. I delayed eating that today," she says pointing to her dressing table drawer. Arnav fetches the bottle as commanded and hands her a pill with a glass of water, all the while muttering about how she should take care of herself.

Suddenly Aakash peers into the room. "Bhai?" he asks. Arnav looks at Aakash enquiringly. "Some painters have come for the diwali painting. They wanted to check your room. Will you please talk to them?"

Arnav nods his head and after bidding his byes to Anjali walks out to his room. Anjali holds her lower abdomen as a strange sensation shoots through her body. Then deciding it was nothing that merited her attention, Anjali walks towards her poolside to check the repairs or painting work needed to be done there as well.

Writer's note: Ah jeez! I wrote the english translation and lost it all. I'm HOPPING MAD right now πŸ˜‘ Please post your comments and soothe my heart burn! Pretty please!

Edited by smitzy - 11 years ago
asr13 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
πŸ˜‰
You know what ...I would like to call this a Cliffhanger now ...yaar jab se Payal said Khushi ghar chalo, I am like ab hoga ..ab hoga ...aur scene khatam !!!😑 
Chalo, will count hours till tomorrow now πŸ˜›

Smitzy !!!
Beautiful update ...total mood change from last one, its remarkable how you show so many emotions in one scene itself !πŸ‘

Standing ovation to Payal for handling Khushi the way she did, and for playing Team-Cupid with Akash behind he scenes too ... Bautifully done !!! πŸ‘I wish the makers had thought of this ...kaash ! πŸ˜³

I am liking the women folk here, they do more than just dress up pretty and make kheer/aloo puri...Payal can text ...wow ...and Anjali can do banking online ...wow again !! πŸ˜ƒ

Anjali froze her joint account ...brilliant !!! Shyamu will have to tweak his plans a bit, I guess ...lets see what you've ...oops sorry ..Shyam has in store for the wifey and us now πŸ˜† ...the pills ? Reading about the feeling in her tummy  after eating those made me feel sick πŸ˜•... I really don't want him to be able to victimise her here too 😑...but am willing to go with the flow of your story, trust you to convince me with your plot anyways !!! You are too good at it !!! πŸ˜›

Khushi ...and parathe wali gali made me smile ...somethings never change na ...she is one of those to live to eat ...and so cute !!!

Loved when NK jumped at Mamis comment ...verrry cute !!!πŸ˜ƒ

Loved it ...but uummm more ? 

Tab tak ...Rabba Ve !!! Mwaaah xxx πŸ€—
Edited by asr13 - 11 years ago
ipkarshi thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
AHHH!! im running around the house like a retard because im so happy. but if this was how ipkknd really was i think this would be like their second year. Honestly. you are too good. ahahhaha and i love anjali in this even though i hate shyaam. but i love Abhaas lol. but yah when shyaam leaves can you please get Aman and Anjali together maan, I just wanna see what it would be like you know.
summaiyasayed thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
superb upst

updt soon

thanks for pm
Iamyself thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
4 in the morning and reading this! :D

That was one amazing update, I'd hoped Kushi would say yes in this update, but I'm glad I didn't coz I got to see a cute heart to heart talk between the sisters!

A beautiful update once again!